KhemikalKhid

Fern Gully

I LOVE Fern Gully. I remember seeing it first when I was about 7 years old. I forgot how much I loved it. Tim Curry is such a beast as Hexus. He's in a lot of my favorite movies. Such as Beauty and the Beast Christmas, the Muppets Treasure Island, RHPC, and It. So amazing.

Think this might be in the wrong forum, but yeah I remember it. My son was OBSESSED with Fern Gully as pre-schooler. He's autistic so we had the whole FFW/RW thing going on with him constantly trying to rewatch his favourite 5 seconds of the film!

I have that movie smile.gif It's pretty good. I remember my favorite movie series when I was a little kid was the Land Before Time series ^^

Haha yeah it's pretty great.

Some parents don't appreciate the Earth-Centered views. I don't mind. I think people just get upset about the "Earth religion" themes because they don't want to own up to the fact that we consume just about everything we can get our hands on, regarldless as to whether or not it is ours to take.

Yeah. I think there are a lot of ways we can get on by without so much pollution. I try to be as conservative as I can in my house, though the rest of my family makes that difficult due to the fact they don't give a second thought to the environment.

Agreed. My family is pretty conservative about resources but distant relatives are almost unbearable. Like, the freakin' recyclables bin is right next to the trash, and they still can't throw it there?

~Moving to Visual Media~

A lot of my friends love this movie, but for some reason I can't recall if I ever saw it. I've wanted to, though, because of all the goodness I've heard about it. And to check and see if I haven't really seen it. x3

It's hilarious. It's one movie where Robin Williams is over-the-top but it actually makes the movie funnier.

AHH loved this movie! I grew up on the movie and thought it was totaly geared towards me when I was younger because the street connected to ours is called Fern Gully smile.gif Obviously I live WAY out in the country for that kind of name but I do miss how they used to make kids movies. Now its as though they're trying to pretend bad things dont happen. EVER.

Yeah, it's not even just movies.

Teachers can't grade papers in red ink because it makes the kids feel negative. D:<

Summer's gonna be kinda boring like usual. I don't have anything to do most days. But I get to go to DC next week which is awesome! I love planes smile.gif though i prefer not to think about what can go wrong, cuz I've seen wayyyy too many movies about plane crashes >.<

I love Fern Gully. I still watch it occasionally when HBO reshows it.

I remember that movie. When I was a little kid, it made me cry. More specifically, Batty Rap made me cry. Nonstop. >_> Frankly, I didn't care about what happened to any of the others except for Batty Koda.

Movie still ticks me off a little. Bleh.

Hexxus was awesome, though. ^^

I remember watching that movie with my grandma whenever I went over to her house. smile.gif All I really remember is that it used to scare me. I should watch it again sometime soon.

I remember this movie... I actually have it on DVD xd.png

This was one of my favorite movies as a child to watch... I remember that when videos was still a big thing I rented this movie and Rainbow Brite out all the time until the videos broke from over watching tongue.gif

Did you see the 2009 remake of Fern Gully?

I believe I've only seen it once, I really don't remember most of it. Except I remember loving the crazy bat and that part where she asks "So you're really a human?" "*nods* Last time I checked". X3

One of my favorite movies of all time! and with all the fern gully people here, I have a question! Is the quote:

"Delicious, nutritious, and tastes like chicken!"

from Fern Gully?

@Above

I believe it is, I think Batty says it once in reference to humans.

Ah, Robin Williams. You make movies awesome.

Anyway, I love this movie so much, but it did freak me out as a kid. So many good moments... "Gravity works." xd.png

Yeah, I remember watching that when I was little I still have the movie and I love the song A Dream Worth Keeping it's just so beautiful.

@Above

I believe it is, I think Batty says it once in reference to humans.

Ah, Robin Williams. You make movies awesome.

Anyway, I love this movie so much, but it did freak me out as a kid. So many good moments... "Gravity works." xd.png

That's what i thought. (my 17 year-old sister and I were debating about it xd.png) We're going to watch it again soon, just so we can try to prove each other wrong. tongue.gif