Fuzzbucket

ANSWERED:Multiple fogging please ?

I would love this! We have multiple-teleport available, so I don't see how hard it would be to adapt it to a fog/unfog list. Luckily, I haven't lost anything to view-bombing, but it has happened to me and it is incredibly tedious to fog and unfog every growing thing on your scroll multiple times to keep from losing them.

Total support from me - be it an automatic fogging of all you have or something similar to the "add dragons" menu found in many hatcheries, where you have to check what you want to add.

Actually, the idea of a check menu similar to what hatcheries have (or akin to the menu for teleports) is a brilliant idea.

I don't know if I would use it if it were implemented. I, for one, USUALLY don't fog all of my things... I fog eggs mainly if something is sick or I have something I am especially paranoid about. THAT being said, I see no good reason at all to oppose the idea of a multifog. It would be a useful tool to have in case one ever did need it.

So I fully support this idea.

Edited by Silverswift

~bump~

This is such a great suggestion, mass fogging/unfogging would be immensely helpful! Since there are several design tweaks in the making, could this feature please be considered as well?

I don't think I posted here. Hmm.

Yes, I would also like to see a scroll action that can fog and unfog multiple growing dragons from a check list, rather like the check list we see when we're choosing dragons to teleport. This would be extremely helpful.

After manually Fogging 21 hatchies for the night, and hoping to be able to unFog them in the morning, I thought I'd go in search of this thread.

Especially now that faint hopes have arisen that TJ might consider letting us have a time-based extra egg space with the 3 attendant hatchy spot additions.

Having an action which would enable people to access options of both manually Fogging/unFogging one sprite at a time and Fogging/unFogging all growing and vulnerable dragons at once - especially if someone's being stalked by a Viewbomber or worried about this as a possibility and Fogging whenever leaving their scroll unattended, as well as at night - would really make for a far more enjoyable experience.

Unless the coding's too difficult or time-consuming, (edit: implementing) this would be well worthwhile and could benefit virtually everyone in the Cave at one time or another, and quite a number of people all of the time.

So I do hope to keep attention on this subject by bringing up this thread.

We've had enough trouble with Viewbombers here in the past for this to be an ongoing concern, and Fogging is the only protection we have; simplifying the process to increase security and make it easier to keep our dragons safe seems to me important, and I know I'm not alone (edit: in feeling this way).

Edited by Syphoneira

Indeed, with the ever-growing scroll limits that is most likely going to increase in size once again, as well as the accelerated overall scroll growth, mass action usage on a whole is becoming more of an essential quality-of-life suggestion than a minor convenience (where the useful BSAs generally fit in).

And while I'd like to see more useful BSAs, essential features are NOT where you place them. For a slightly exaggerated example, would you like to see things like setting a password and sorting your scroll requiring you to collect this and collect that to perform?

We've had enough trouble with Viewbombers here in the past for this to be an ongoing concern, and Fogging is the only protection we have; simplifying the process to increase security and make it easier to keep our dragons safe seems to me important, and I know I'm not alone (edit: in feeling this way).

I completely agree with this. Viewbombing is a problem that's kind of unavoidable with the way the game's set up, and at the same time the game can be set up to make it easier to deal with.

Since I and others are still Fogging/unFogging a lengthy list of dragons at least once a day, I thought I'd better bring this up from the depths where people can see and comment on it, in the hope that this might be an action we someday get, if enough interest is shown.

If we wind up with mad Viewbombers again, a LOT of people will be wanting this... NAOW!

I use to fog special dragons (holidays, cb metals..) when I'm not at the pc and during the night, and yes it is quite tiring when you have 10 of more dragons to fog at once.

Really support the idea

I also support this as a general action or a BSA, though the BSA would be cooler imo, and gives us something else to hoard.

I'd say a one-day cool down though, because while a Red is "incubating" an egg (either with flame or by sitting on it) for up to a week (the same length a dragon may remain in an egg for before it must leave or die) in order to make it hatch a little bit faster, (even though it would still need views which in theory could take till the very last second), a pink spends time convincing an egg to become a certain gender, a pebble creates a goddarn earthquake (nuff said lol), etc, all the grey would have to do is cast a simple fog spell on some comparatively tiny eggs/hatchlings. Plus that means you can use the action daily even if you suck at catching as most newbies do.

I'd like to see this as a BSA with a 2-day (max) cooldown, but would be happy to see it added as a general action.

Personally, I think that such a basic security action should be universally available on an unlimited basis as part of the game, not dependent on collecting particular dragons which may not fit in with various people's scroll plans.

This would be, after all, a logical update to the already existing Fog action, something which becomes necessary as the game expands our ability to collect.

Personally, I think that such a basic security action should be universally available on an unlimited basis as part of the game, not dependent on collecting particular dragons which may not fit in with various people's scroll plans.

This would be, after all, a logical update to the already existing Fog action, something which becomes necessary as the game expands our ability to collect.

But the basic action IS available. This isn't a requirement; you may have more eggs but, while this does make it faster, you're still able to fog every egg.

Of course, I personally don't care if it's a basic action or a BSA. I'd prefer the BSA, but won't have a problem if it's just a basic action.

But the basic action IS available. This isn't a requirement; you may have more eggs but, while this does make it faster, you're still able to fog every egg.

Of course, I personally don't care if it's a basic action or a BSA. I'd prefer the BSA, but won't have a problem if it's just a basic action.

True, but on slower systems, Fogging and unFogging may make individually Hiding all growing dragons too time-consuming (edit: to manage in time), when suddenly and repeatedly called away from the computer for undetermined periods, (kids may have to drop everything and run instantly for meals or whatever, adults may have to drop everything and run instantly for kids, animals, work, whatever,) and not everyone likes/collects all dragons, so any cool-down period with a sprite-specific BSA makes for easier prey for Viewbombers.

And if up to 21 dragons have been Sick for too long before the owner notices, s/he'll want to Fog them all ASAP, in the hope that at least some will survive.

Edited by Syphoneira

I am so tired of fogging and unfogging. PLEASE can we have this, however it is done.

I can't count how many times I've wished for this. I'm all for it.

I would like to add my support to this idea as well.

I wouldn't use it OFTEN you understand, but there are times when it would come in handy.