Fuzzbucket

ANSWERED:Multiple fogging please ?

I support this, either as a BSA or as a Scroll option. With the recent view bombings I'm also a bit paranoid so I now fog all my hatchlings and eggs as soon as I leave my computer. It would be a nice addition.

I always thought it would be fantastic if guardians had a BSA where you could go to a page and check off which babies you wanted fogged or unfogged so you can do it all in one click, but naturally I never suggested it because the BSA suggestion board is rather negative and my logic for that suggestion was never any more sound than anyone else's logic for any BSA suggestion.

(I thought it would work for guardians instead of fogs because guardians' descriptions specifically say they look after babies, and fogs' descriptions specifically say they are mean and unhelpful. However, having a reason to choose that specific dragon is grounds for a BSA suggestion to be rejected instantly, so.)

Edited by Sadako

I was just thinking about this. It is very bothersome to have to fog seven individual eggs and a dozen plus hatchies each night.

A suggestion:

Roll your scroll

or

Bind your scroll

That...is rather cute. x3

It is cute!

But it would also be nice to be able to still access the scroll, such as if you had several sick babies and sort of expected more as they seemed unexpectedly fragile or whatever, and wanted to just go ahead and fog the lot for the night but still hunt for another New Release egg or whatever.

Roll your scroll sounds as though this might not be possible...???

As a victim of view-bombing, I am 100% behind this. I would rather this be a general action or not have a cool down.

It is cute!

But it would also be nice to be able to still access the scroll, such as if you had several sick babies and sort of expected more as they seemed unexpectedly fragile or whatever, and wanted to just go ahead and fog the lot for the night but still hunt for another New Release egg or whatever.

Roll your scroll sounds as though this might not be possible...???

I think that just depends on how it is coded. It is just a bit more imaginative way of saying 'make it so that all your eggs and hatchlings don't get views anymore'. I agree it shouldn't block yourself from your scroll.

As I see it, it puts a seal on your scroll so that people who take it from the pile of scrolls near the cave (I always loved the idea of everyone just leaving their scroll lying there...) cannot open it.

If we take everything too literally, your scroll wouldn't be on that pile while you were working on it, and people would not be able to look at your scroll as long as you are logged in... Maybe we all have a duplicate of our own scroll that we keep with us? Or rather, we leave a copy on the pile for other people's viewing pleasures? Makes sense, actually.

Edited by Fengari

I support this.

I like the idea of mass fogging, and not through using a BSA, which requires collecting dragons new players may not have yet. Mass fogging is a tool in the fight against viewbombing. I would love the option to mass fog whatever we want on our scroll. Pick the eggs and hatchlings of your choosing and fog them en masse instead of having to fog them individually.

The "roll your scroll" option is useful but to me should be in its own suggestion thread, since most hatcheries do not kick out your eggs when you fog. A couple do, but most leave them. I do not want to have to add them back to each hatchery daily, so while "roll your scroll" might be useful, I would use it differently than I would a mass fog option.

Yes please. Could be a nifty BSA for Fogs / Grays, actually.

I don't support this being a BSA.

For many new players who are victims of viewbombing, it would make it one more dragon they would have to collect just to protect them from viewbombing.

(Players of all levels are affected by viewbombing, but more advanced players can collect special BSA dragons faster.)

If mass fogging were simply added to the UI interface by TJ, instead of a BSA, then everyone could use it. Much faster than having to fog each item individually.

I think this would be a great suggestion smile.gif

...If you want to fog everything, why not just hide your scroll completely? This seems a little unnecessary with that option available.

...If you want to fog everything, why not just hide your scroll completely? This seems a little unnecessary with that option available.

Because that doesn't always work (and it doesn't stop viewing anyways)

Anyways, complete support. I would prefer either a Guardian BSA or something of that sort.

I think this would be wonderful, especially when I have 7 eggs on my scroll I need to keep healthy.

I don't support this being a BSA.

For many new players who are victims of viewbombing, it would make it one more dragon they would have to collect just to protect them from viewbombing.

(Players of all levels are affected by viewbombing, but more advanced players can collect special BSA dragons faster.)

If mass fogging were simply added to the UI interface by TJ, instead of a BSA, then everyone could use it. Much faster than having to fog each item individually.

Gray dragons are one of the easiest dragons to collect. Dozens of them sit at near hatching level in the AP all day. It wouldn't be hard at all for even new players to obtain them, and in the meantime they could just do what we've always done--keep a close eye and use the fog action individually. Fogging multiple things at once isn't a protective necessity, it's a convenience, and one that newer players with fewer dragons have less need of anyway.

Just think it'd be a waste to pass up a chance to give a, well, fogging action to the fog dragon, especially when it's firmly settled at the bottom of the common barrel.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Fogged 20 living things last night, had one up for transfer so couldn't just hide. Would love to have a pick and choose multiple fogging. BSA or action is Ok by me.

Total support from me - be it an automatic fogging of all you have or something similar to the "add dragons" menu found in many hatcheries, where you have to check what you want to add.

I would love it if there was an account setting to "Hide", with a list of all eggs/hatchlings. A "select/deselect all" option, like many hatcheries use, would speed the process.

Here's another thought. What if there was an account setting one could select which was customizable and allowed players to set the maximum number of views/unique views/clicks that eggs and hatchlings could receive in a given amount of time? Let's say players could limit maximum views to 1000/day, unique views to 500/day, and clicks to 20/day, and once those limits are hit, anything additional wouldn't be added? The eggs and hatchlings wouldn't even need to be hidden and could be left in as many fansites as one wanted, with counts frozen once the limit is hit.

We need an Fog/unFog all option to be on our scrolls in the same manner as is Fog itself, something that is, indeed, a protective necessity, if not for all of the people, all of the time.

This is becoming more and more essential for people to have in order to raise dragons safely, unless the ability of Soft Shell/Sickness to kill is removed.

Where Viewbombing is an issue, we may need to Fog/unFog all growing things, and Fog/unFog individual dragons multiple times a day on a continual basis for extended periods, to protect the young-uns whenever our scrolls are left unattended for any length of time at all.

For some, fogging may be a casual thing, something they rarely use and only on individual dragons, but this form of petty malice is becoming more common among a certain type, who fear no repercussions, as none are typically forthcoming, and operate like mad bombers with a license to ruin the fun of others and to kill.

The incidence of this has been increasing and may well continue to do so, and can no longer be ignored by any reasonable person aware of the circumstances.

We cannot continue to effectively stake out the dragons especially of the more vulnerable among us for sick minds to do with as they please.

If the ability of Soft Shell/Sickness to kill is not to be removed, and no concerted effort is to be made to track down and discourage the malicious from engaging in this sort of bizarre attempt to kill other people's dragons in order to ruin their enjoyment and destroy something they worked to get or were gifted, we must have some quick and easy way to make (up to 21!) growing things safe - an immediately and universally accessible way which has no limitations on usage.

Viewbombing may be a sick and silly behavioural manifestation, but the issue of reasonable security for player's scrolls and dragons is serious business and such player-use protections as can be managed should be freely available on the site itself.

I agree this is not only useful, but becoming more and more necessary. People at the gold trophy level can have up to 21 growing dragons and going through all 21 to fog and unfog because someone decided to post your scroll without permission is dreadfully tedious and can be time consuming during lag.

...If you want to fog everything, why not just hide your scroll completely?  This seems a little unnecessary with that option available.

I didn't say "fog everything."

I used the term "mass fogging" which means one gets to choose which items would be fogged.

Like Princess Pinkie suggested, it could be implemented with a checkbox next to each dragon. One quickly checks off the dragons one wants fogged, instead of having to fog and unfog each one individually.

Edited by missy_

Because hiding your scroll doesn't prevent your growing dragons from getting views while you're away, and fogging does. Hiding your scroll just means people can't follow the user link to your scroll and view it.

Because that doesn't always work (and it doesn't stop viewing anyways)

Anyways, complete support. I would prefer either a Guardian BSA or something of that sort.

I do not support a Guardian BSA or any dragon BSA. With viewbombing being such a sitewide concern, a BSA dragon would not solve the underlying issue.

To me, this needs to be a gamewide UI implementation that has zero to do with a BSA. Viewbombing affects players of all levels and BSA dragons need to be collected. Also, after a dragon BSA is implemented, BSA dragons usually become rarer and harder to get. Some players would find the BSA dragon easier to catch than others. Some players would be better protected and some would have zero or little protection. This is not something to pin a BSA on.

TJ could code it into the DC UI directly so that it is in user settings.

Edited by missy_

I do not support a Guardian BSA or any dragon BSA. With viewbombing being such a sitewide concern, a BSA dragon would not solve the underlying issue.

To me, this needs to be a gamewide UI implementation that has zero to do with a BSA. Viewbombing affects players of all levels and BSA dragons need to be collected. Also, after a dragon BSA is implemented, BSA dragons usually become rarer and harder to get. Some players would find the BSA dragon easier to catch than others. Some players would be better protected and some would have zero or little protection. This is not something to pin a BSA on.

TJ could code it into the DC UI directly so that it is in user settings.

Missy just said it.

Either that or remove the ability for Sickness/Soft Shell to kill, so that the malicious would no longer effectively have freedom to engage in harming others in this fashion.