CYDA LUVA83

Pygmy Preparation

"Actually I'm a soldier. I don't come here often, but I used to all the time with my parents when I was little. Not much is happening, so I decided to drop by and see the place." Sock noticed that he was eating salt, but shrugged. Everyone's different, I suppose. She took another bite of the doughnut and a sip of her coffee. "What do you do?"

Username: ranbow129

Character Name: Firecracker

Type of Pygmy: Crimson Flare

Back story: Firecracker used to be part of a growing group of Crimson Flares of no particular name. They live on a volcanic island way out at sea. He had a mate, Dynamite, and a daughter, Explosion. One day a terrible storm hit as Firecracker was on his way home. It swept him out over the sea and to the mainland of the Windfit kingdom. Quickly realizing he wasn't welcome with the blue pygmies, he sought the safety of Flarist and has, for years, tried to invent something that could carry him far enough over the ocean that he'd reach his family again.

Personality: Firecracker is calm and quite smart. He's always been an inventor of sorts, especially after coming to the mainland. Most of his creations are, of course, explosions. But lately he's been working on flying things, something that will help him across the ocean, since his little wings can only fly so far. Firecracker is not one to smile much, but he isn't a downer. He's resourceful and full of subtle determination.

Kingdom: Flarist.

Job: Regular.

Other: yargle...bargle?

Character Name: Pink Eclipse

Type of Pygmy: Dark Myst

Back story: Eclipse, as is her nickname, has always been a strong-spirited dragon. From the beginning, she was determined to be someone worth noticing. She was born to regulars and left at an early age, freeing herself of their name and her lowly future of always being tailor, as her mother had been. She never returned to them and rarely do they cross her mind.

When she was still young, still figuring things out, she met the handsome Nightshade. He wooed her with his silver-tongued words and they lived happily for many years. Eclipse had three eggs, two that hatched and one that was stolen. Her two sons, Vortex and Spyre, showed the same adventurous nature their mother had. As soon as they were able to, they left. Only, unlike her, they returned occasionally to visit.

Not long after their children grew up, Nightshade vanished in the dark of night. She hasn't seen him since and doesn't mourn his disappearance very much. She figures that, if he's willing to leave, then she's better off with him gone. And if he ever comes back, then he better have a good explanation.

Personality: Pink Eclipse is a very determined, spirited dragon. She's willing to go further than the average person will, ever pushing herself forward. She still strives to be something great and known. Eclipse is brave and daring. She'll stare down a Black Marrow if it'll get her what she needs or wants.

Many folks don't take a liking to her because she can be quite aggressive, but she knows when to cool it and act good. She's keen at talking to others, and knows her limits, how to get what she wants. If she's talking to a noble who may spread word of her talents, then she has kind words. On the other hand, if the noble in no way shows that he/she can benefit her, Eclipse will likely react...unpleasantly.

Kingdom: Abyssalai

Job: Hire Wing, I suppose. Of course, she aspires to be more.

Other: yargle...bargle?

Edited by ranbow129

((YOU ARE ACCEPTED FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN I'M TYPING IN CAPS AND USING NO PUNCTUATION BECAUSE I'M HAAAPPPPYYYYYY~

Anyway, accepted, Umbre, I'll reply in a little bit.))

Firecracker;

Black dust covered everything in the room. The darkwood planks that made up the walls and floor were sooty from the explosion, and small claw marks left a trail on the ground. If you followed the tracks, examined them closely, you'd see that they were made by clumsy feet and going backwards. At the end of the short trail lay a small, crimson dragon, his scales so sooty that he could be mistaken for a Dark Myst. He was on his back in a pile of books and a chair, coughing and wiping dust from his face. Opening his eyes, he peered at the room through slitted amber eyes. It was a total disaster and colored like that of a black hole. Everything was covered in soot. Even the small ant that marched from one end of the room toward the other was carpeted in the stuff.

Firecracker sighed and pulled himself to his feet. He hadn't had an accidental explosion in weeks. He trotted over to the experimental table, wincing at the soreness being knocked several feet back into a pile of books had caused. The table was pretty much destroyed, only pieces of it remaining. The rest had evaporated, turned to the dust that clung heavily in the air. Firecracker only had to barely touch the scorched wood before it fell to the ground, dissolving. "Great." He growled, lashing his tail. He turned and walked into the main room of his small home and padded through it, leaving a trail of black pawprints, and out the door. He flapped his wings in the warm sunlight, then took off and flew toward the river to wash the soot from his scales. He'd have to clean up the room later. Not to mention, find a new table.

Pink Eclipse;

Pink Eclipse dug her onyx-colored talons into the dry, dark earth. The land was so enveloped in shadows here- she wondered why light chose to ignore this section of the planet, while gracing the others with plenty. Not that she really cared, though. The darkness was enjoyable. She blended into it as a moth does bark, or a mantis a flower. The environment was perfect for her. It was a challenge she welcomed. The marshland was sometimes undesirable, in the stickier parts, but as a whole she'd rather live in Abyssalai than anywhere else. Those bright, perky lands were for fools.

Eclipse strode forward toward a boggy lake that was fed by a small stream which stemmed from the marsh. She knew it to hold many fish, frogs, and sometimes a bird or two. Crouching as she approached, the black dragon scanned the bank with bright yellow eyes. She spotted nothing on the bank, so advanced to the water's edge and peered into the obsidian depths. It wasn't a deep lake by any means, but the darkness made it seem bottomless. She hunkered down by the shore and waited for a fish to come in range. When one did, she lashed out with a quick paw and caught it in her talons. Before long, the she-dragon was full. She stood and spread her pink-rimmed wings, running along the bank until she had enough speed to take to the air. From there, she flew toward the castle and surrounding lands. Maybe she could meet someone there. Someone of use. Her last few visits had earned her more trouble than anything else. Her tongue had slipped and she'd managed to offend some noble. Not like he would have been able to help her anyway, so she didn't let it bother her. This time would, if luck were with her, be better.

-.o....?

WHo let the crazy pyromaniac out of the chamber of fire?

Well, as long as she's literate...))

- The crazy pyromaniac is indeed literate. Is it usual for these roleplays to move so slowly? I've never roleplayed on DC.

Edited by ranbow129

(( I HAVE RETURNED! A SECOND CHANCE TO CARVE YOUR SKULL!

- Ingvar, in Utgarde Pinnacle. Kudos to anyone who knows whom that is.

Now can someone post so Jibberjabber can post so other people can post and the forum chain reaction may begin? ))

"I travel from kingdom to kingdom, looking for faces to pie and sock drawers to loot..." Cedar stared out the window watching a lady pygmy take the brain-bleached pie from her windowsill and take it inside. The orange pygmy could not resist a chuckle as he imagined the she-lizard stumbling out of her home, amnesia hitting her like a wave off the coast of Windfit. "But I also stop at cafes, munch doughnuts, talk to pretty Misfits..."

~~~~~

Aspen watched her father talk to the new soldier from the rafters. She wondered what prank she could pull on this new one. Brain-Bleach perhaps? Or maybe a whoopee cushion in the bedsheets?

((Thael, end boss, WoW.))

Sock chuckled then looked back up. "Interesting list of hobbies," she joked, looking out the window. What's so funny out there? she wondered as he laughed at something. Sock shrugged, not seeing anything, and returned to her coffee.

"Yeah..." Cedar looked at the empty coffee cup in his paws and sighed. He looked out at the group outside the cafe, weren't they all supposed to go to his house to look through his telescope? But they seemed to be frozen, barred from time. He cocked his head at this, no one had flown over and put a sleep prank on them, but who knows? "Hey? Want to go to my house? I have a library and this observatory on the second floor. I also have coffee... In case watching the stars makes you tired."

Sock was a bit surprised by the offer, but found it kind nonetheless. "Sure!" she said, finishing up her donut and coffee. She smiled a little. Stargazing was one of her favorite activities. She brushed some crumbs off her scales and got up.

"Alright. Let me just do something then we'll be off." He pulled paper and a pen from his knapsack. With little haste, he wrote something on the paper, stuck a piece of tape on it, then taped it to one of the frozen dragons outside. It read: "Hey, someone must have put a time-slow spell on ya, you haven't moved for three 'pages'. I'm at my house, it's about 5 miles away from the border. If I'm not there, I probably left a note on the telescope. ~Cedar". The orange pygmy turned back to Sock, "Kay, let's go."

Sock just kinda watched as Cedar scribbled the note and taped it onto the frozen Pygmies. "Uh.." she began. However, she was cut off as Cedar said it was time to go and could do nothing but take one last confused and scared glance at the still dragons before starting after Cedar towards his house. That was definitely one of the weirder things I've seen, she thought, looking around at her new surroundings. It wasn't often she came to the little cafe, and many years had passed. The little saplings that had once shyly poked out of the dirt had grown, now standing taller than Sock herself. With a laugh she continued walking after the Pygmy.

Cedar saw sock's confused expression as she turned away from the others. "Time-slow, one of the newer weapons. The dragons affected move about a millimeter per hour. There are still some dragons in the infirmary in Origulok that are still punching some enemy. Sometimes it wears off quickly, but sometimes it doesn't." He flapped his wings, stretching the unused muscles. "Feel like flying?"

((Timeskip to house?))

((Yeah, sure.))

Sock nodded. "Sure. I prefer flying over walking anyways," she said, backing up. With a deep breath, she ran forward and sprang into the air, spreading her wings and letting the gentle breeze catch her. From there, she hovered and looked down at Cedar. "You lead the way, seeing how I don't know where you live," she said with a tiny giggle.

Edited by UmbreWulf

Dirzen's left paw holding his wooden staff suddenly twitched. Then, his tail moved, swishing from side to side. One by one, the misfit's body parts managed to move, and Dirzen's body was freed from the time slow. Curiously, he blinked. Someone had taped a note on his right wing. Irritated by the fact he had a note taped on him, he ripped it off and looked at it. He raised an eyebrow.

"Ah, so some punk decided to put a time slow on me and my entourage?! How dare they!" The Misfit muttered a few curse words under his breath and looked at the rest of the frozen dragons. He couldn't just leave them here. Who knows what would happen then? Wincing at what he was going to do, Dirzen grabbed the arm of the closest dragon, Ramona, and took another, sweating as he tried to pull them in the direction of Cedar's house. A few passerby stared at the sight strangely. "Nutty Misfit..."