SickThing

DC Photography Contest #34

Thank you for voting my picture as winner of the last contest. smile.gif

It's getting kinda hard to find new themes. But there is one we strangly didn't have yet:

People

You can submit photos of all kind of people: Family members, people on the street, celebrities you have met, concert photography... and of course yourself.

The focus has to be on the person.

Have fun! smile.gif

The Rules:

- One entry per person

- Picture has to be made by yourself, and can't be just a reproduction of someone's work. I someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.)

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo, you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

Closing Date: Saturday, June 18th

Good luck!

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew

2: Simplicity

3: Summer

4: Wildlife

5: Black & White

6: Food

7: Macro

8: Farewell

9: Light and Shadow

10: Urban

11: In the home

12: Travel Photography

13: Pets

14: Red

15: Coupled Animals

16: Clouds

17: Green

18: Water

19: Scenic views

20: Invertebrates

21: Sunrise/Sunset

22: Purple

23: Out of Context

24: Snow

25: Flowers

26: Mountains

27: Old

28: Birds

29: Inanimate Objects

30: New Life

31: Play

32: Road

33: Leaves

Edited by SickThing

Oh dear, I actually do not take pictures of people often, just because I am horrible at that..

Well, I did take some great pictures at schoolcamp, but because of privacy reasons I cannot place them, ofcourse.

Allright, it will beeeeee:

Emilie Autumn

Edited by Aerouant

I have never liked taking pictures of people. I might have one shot to enter, though.. I'll have to look for it

Oh, I know I have some things for this. I'll have to do some digging around to find the best one...

Congrats, Sickthing~

Now for an entry... I hardly have any pictures of people... Hm.. I'll have to look.

The only pics i have taken of people are of their feet dry.gif because i like photographing feet. and shoes. hm...off to take pics!

Waiittt a second, the picture can be of yourself? I thought you were the one that had to take the picture...

I think in the play theme, some entries weren't allowed because they were of the person who took it... (if I'm not mistaken)

@lachrymation, if its a self portrait then it should be fine (facebook style tongue.gif)

@lagie, I like the 1st one

Hmm... Well, I like the one of your little cousin. The one with you ang Gabs seems so plain. I suggest the one with You and me, just because it's awesome.

I think I'll submit this one. If I can find a better one, I'll change it, but for now:

My Little Sister

Waiittt a second, the picture can be of yourself? I thought you were the one that had to take the picture...

I think in the play theme, some entries weren't allowed because they were of the person who took it... (if I'm not mistaken)

Well, you can take pictures of yourself by holding the camera in one hand, or by selftimer. wink.gif

Really cool entries so far! smile.gif

Bonny in the Bushes it is, then! Thanks!

Aerouant: Emilie Autumn

Chiaki: Brother and Ducks (I like ducks...)

Kestra: Raj by Candlelight (though the Mr. Kestra one is fun!)

Bonjourno: Cousin

I don't usually take pictures of people... But I think I have a picture that will work.

Dinner

My sister, enjoying her dinner. She was moving around and talking to me while I was taking the pictures. I think this one looks a bit more natural than the others. She isn't purposefully posing in this like she was in the others. :3

@Sparx1996: I'd pick #2. I like the lighting in that one the best.