TJ09

2011-06-10 - UPDATES

I guess the mobile version will need some work now. Doesn't look very mobile to me.

TJ, any plans?

I'd like the lay-out and fonts of the portal skin, but with a lighter background

I'm somewhat working on a light version of the P2 skin. What I have so far is "meh" at best, so I'll need to do some more work.

Asked twice, with no answers, so I'm going to say what I think about the biomes at this moment, anyway.

I'm not sure I like them for a couple of reasons.

1) I knew some dragons (rares were mentioned way back when) would show up in any biome they please. Most of them are capable of FLIGHT, after all. However, it would help to know which will belong where, for those of us looking for something specific, which leads to:

2) The ratio aspect in relation to the biomes. Time is a factor for some of us, and waiting for an egg to show up in some of the biomes that appear to perpetually empty because the dragons that would inhabit those areas are either rare or uncommon is going to be pretty frustrating. It's frustrating with just one drop zone, but to be flitting back and forth or come back to find out that either there are no eggs (again?!) or the whole membership is parked in that biome waiting for the same egg is potentially troublesome.

That's just where I am in my thoughts at the moment. I do realize that it might be an issue that's still being worked out.

Edited by blackdragon71

The biomes will never all be waiting for the same egg.

And I haven't had a chance to test out the new features in a full-scale setting with hundreds of users, so it'll take some tweaking to find a good balance. I've currently upped the number of eggs generated per-hour to see if that helps.

Thanks TJ, that was faster than I expected. I already caught my extra eggs. One from the cave and one from AP so there are eggs appearing in the biomes. Just keep trying folks. I haven't tried putting any new eggs on the adoption sites. I always wait a day anyway. I'm gonna wait a little while before I panic about that, lol. Someone in this community will find sites that will work or hopefully a couple of them will be updated to work in time for this round of eggs.

I Love that the codes are shown in the breeding list. I don't mind if dragons show up in more than one biome as long as they make sense. I do agree with the folks that said the white bar for the scroll link doesn't "blend" well. Everything I've tried so far seemed to work ok. Um..., I'm too tired to remember if there was anything else. So, I'm just gonna go click around a bit more and then go to bed.

Oh, and I think I picked a super time to be getting close to 500 dragons smile.gif

The updates are all REALLY AWESOME!!!

I just have one question.

Now that the sprites all have 5-letter codes daycare fansites won't accept them anymore. Anyone know what to do?

Egg Drop Soup, Silvi's and DC Focus accepted the new five letter codes for me

Yay. Thanks heaps!

I do have a couple of questions:

Will there be/is there somewhere that I've missed a list of which dragons are in which Biome? Something like the Deep Sea is obvious but purple dragons for example; I wouldn't know where to find them.

The new dragon limits are a little confusing. A limit of 4 eggs with 12 creatures would allow you to have 4 eggs and up to 8 hatchlings at the same time, is that right? Is it possible to have that many hatchlings if you only get 4 eggs at a time? Wouldn't you only be able to get 4 hatchlings from the 4 eggs, then they would be grown up by the time the next 4 eggs hatched?

Thanks, TJ. I'll just cool my heels and wait and see how it works out, then. So far, everything else is great.

Charity322, even with the old limits, if you timed the egg-hatching right it was possible to get 9 hatchlings. The eggs just have to hatch as soon as they hit 4 days, and Incubating them helps shave off time as well.

Really don't like the biomes. And I don't think I *will* like them until I know where the heck I'm supposed to look for each dragon!

Edited by Marie19R

Please keep in mind these updates were just implemented. Let's give things a little time - work out bugs we couldn't find before, adjust to changes, etc. - before deciding we hate a feature. After that, we have a nifty Suggestions/Requests board just for things like this. ^^

Charity322, even with the old limits, if you timed the egg-hatching right it was possible to get 9 hatchlings. The eggs just have to hatch as soon as they hit 4 days, and Incubating them helps shave off time as well.

Really don't like the biomes. And I don't think I *will* like them until I know where the heck I'm supposed to look for each dragon!

Could you explain how this works please? I've only ever had 4 hatchlings at once and would love to know how to get the timing right because right now all I can think of is using incubate. Thanks!

Oh wow! I really like the updates! I was confused for a second when I came to the site to see the home page looked different, but I remembered reading about the updates and was like "oh!" haha

Also, for the layout skins, will there ever be a way to maybe create our own? Since all my dragons have Halo related names, I would like to have a Halo themed image. tongue.gif

Definitely don't hate the biomes.... Just expressing my frustration, as I'm sure I'm allowed to do, right?

I guess I just hoped/wished/expected that biomes would include a sort of "key"... Like, it's a map, right? So it should have a "key" to show what is where, instead of just "click around and try to find the dragon you want! Open multiple pages and ninja-click through them all during the hourly drop, trying to be fast enough to spot the dragon you are looking for!" That's what it feels like to me, and that's what it felt like during the hourly drop.

Just my opinion, of course. I'm sure I'll learn to live with it, and I'll certainly tolerate it better once "which dragon goes where" is common knowledge.

Charity: let's see if I can explain it somehow. You pick up 4 dragons. 3 of them hatch, giving you 1 egg, 3 hatchlings. You pick up 3 more eggs, and incubate them. Within 2 days those incubated eggs can hatch, and in the meantime that original 4th-egg has hatched. You now have 0 eggs and 7 hatchlings. ..... Wait, that's only 7. I know it was *possible* to get 9 under the old limits, but I can't think much right now.

Edited by Marie19R

Just a thing, can we maybe nudge or reorder the links on the page? The Portal 2 layout is nice, but there's quite a few misclicks going on with Logout half an inch below Cave. Also, I'd prefer Dragons come before Accounts features.

Maybe?

This is awesome. I love the map, I love Teleport, I love Fertility. The biomes look good, I'm surprised that there are enough dragons for both forest and jungle.

Sure there's lag, and no eggs in biomes, but I'll be patient biggrin.gif

Yay, they're finally here! This is so neat. I already tried fertility on a stubborn pair of draggies, and they gave an egg!

*goes to explore some more*