TJ09

2011-06-10 - UPDATES

DID SOMEONE SAY PORTAL 2 SKIN?

I love you. So much.

Teleport is finally in? That makes my life 10x easier.

Thank you Dragcave staff. We love you!

Okay, first I’ve got to get this post down to a reasonable size because I have a big mouth and uhhh.... What was I saying about a reasonable size?

Thanks! You are TJriffic!

From Dr. Paine:

(Also, if you want a Portal themed egg from me . . . ACT NOW! . . . I'm even willing to give away the two Turret eggs I have bred. Will gift until I can gift no more. First come, first serve. ... sorry mods, I just don't want people to be gyped on that D: )

What are portal themed eggs? Turret eggs?

I’m gonna stick with the original skin, but the green is very pretty, too. But, oh, my gosh, the Horse dragons, the Dorsals and the Crimson Flares just look awesome against that smoky gray P2 background. The Blacks and Grays look pretty awesome, too. It does seem the P2 lags but maybe that’s my computer. P2 is growing on me....

The only thing I absolutely don’t like at all is that the white bar with the link to your scroll kind of looks out of place in the traditional / default scroll. It looks rather un-medieval. It looks good on the P2 page though. Any chance of getting that moved to the account page? Or changing it to the color of the skin?

Would like to still see AP trades, too.

The word “Scroll” does seem more “romantic” than “Dragons”.

A couple of times, I saw eggs in every biome.

Hit my scroll and take a look , if you haven't tried it yet.

I think all scrolls look like whatever settings you have.

Has anyone come across hatcheries where the 5 digit code eggs and hatchies will stay put? I keep having to re-add them. I’ve tried Egg Drop Soup, Silvi’s, Eggs Around the World, Dragon Cave Focus, and AoND. Jaemeia’s won’t accept the 5 digit codes at all. Okay, I think this one seems to be working for the 5 digit codes: Hatching Your Dragons It’s been an hour and they are still okay.

*scratching my head* TJ, are you sure Fertility is working properly? I've used it on almost 20 pairs now, none of which was rare-rare, and got only 2 eggs from it. Then I bred a dozen more pairs WITHOUT Fertility, and got 2 more eggs. Fertility does not seem to be increasing the egg production of my dragons... am I just statistically unlucky here?

Questions belong in Help: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=3

Suggestions belong in Suggestions/Requests: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=2

Along with other things people are discussing, we also have a fertility thread in Site Discussion: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117504

Please make sure to put your posts in the proper avenue - they're more likely to get attention/answers there. Thanks. :3

the nice thing about the portal 2 skin is that it highlights details on the darker dragons that are harder to see.

actually it seems to make a lot of dragons' details to come out.

Edited by WestWindReborn

Questions belong in Help: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=3

Suggestions belong in Suggestions/Requests: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=2

Along with other things people are discussing, we also have a fertility thread in Site Discussion: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117504

Please make sure to put your posts in the proper avenue - they're more likely to get attention/answers there. Thanks. :3

We also have Where are the dragons?. Please remember to take a look about in Site Discussion or wherever else for the appropriate thread for stuff that needs answered. :3

I LOVE the new limits. I'm not sure I can handle the biomes-- too many places to look, and I have to say I preferred seeing everything in one place, but I guess I'll get used to it. I hope that eventually the influence for breeding and rare x rare will pay off for me. And yeah, I think I'd prefer that the scroll link was back where it used to be, next to cave. But still-- I congratulate you on the speed and relative smoothness with which you were able to pull this off!

heeey, it's nice having a background that really lets you see the transparentness of the swallowtail wings!

Where are the Nebulas?!?! And the Striped Dragons?!?!

No more Striped Dragons Socky?

I just checked and don't see them anywhere.

No more Striped Dragons Socky?

I just checked and don't see them anywhere.

They're still dropping. Keep an eye out on the Desert and Volcano biomes (mainly the Desert one though).

I caught my first CB magma in a year! *SOB I love this!

They're still dropping. Keep an eye out on the Desert and Volcano biomes (mainly the Desert one though).

Thanks for the heads-up, happy we still have them.

Now if mine would only breed!

I like a lot of it but I don't like that "Scroll" got renamed to "Dragons" and it's really messing me up that my Scroll/Dragons link is not right after Cave like it always was.

If I could make one tiny request, could "Dragons" and "Account" swap places?

If I could make a second tiny request, when we miss an egg on the AP, could the page with the message that we didn't get the egg have a link on it to go directly back to the AP? Or could we have an AP link in the Biomes navigation bar?

But are they Stripes for sure, or the Spitfires with the same egg description?

From the page description: ... Spitfires are a desert breed of dragon. ... ... Spitfires are also noteworthy for their brilliant blue fire, which is used not for hunting or fighting, but rather for making glass caves from the sand, in which the dragons can soak up the sun. ...

Stripes are generally camouflage more typical of those in woods or fields...

Has anyone actually caught any in the desert or volcanic areas?

I'd hate to spend all night hanging out somewhere, trying to catch the wrong dragon... I really would...

I'd assume they're mostly, if not all spitfires because super rare dragons don't get that common overnight.... I think that the forest biome would have the highest chance of actually having Stripes.

ahhhh way cool dude. thanks for all of this. :)

...and i still can't get over the fact that you're quoting sbahj. should i be laughing or crying ;____; what has the internets become.

I'm actually having fun trying to figure out which dragon goes where. Some are oh so obvious, while others aren't. But that's the fun of it!

One day we'll all figure them out though, so no worries.

Love the new portal skin. Love all the updates, in fact. One possible bug noted with the St Patrick's Day skin: The navigation links (account, dragons, etc.) didn't show up when I switched to that skin. I don't know if that was just my computer or if it's an actual bug, but the Portal skin works fine. And I'm already maxed out on my new egg limits tongue.gif Great work everybody!

Love the new portal skin. Love all the updates, in fact. One possible bug noted with the St Patrick's Day skin: The navigation links (account, dragons, etc.) didn't show up when I switched to that skin. I don't know if that was just my computer or if it's an actual bug, but the Portal skin works fine. And I'm already maxed out on my new egg limits tongue.gif Great work everybody!

This is soo great TJ! Thank you! I adore the new limits smile.gif All the features are awesome!

And yeah, um, what new portal skin? At DC? I'm sorry, I don't have time to search, but I'll get time in 3 days smile.gif

This was a Triumph!

I'm making a note here: Huge success!

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction!