TJ09

2011-06-10 - UPDATES

ohmy.gif So many changes... I'm having fun just exploring the site right now~

I need to try all these new features...

Thanks a ton! This updated DC is so cool~

Edited by silverdreaM

you can get leetle trees now?? biggrin.gif

imma go try to get one, leetle POTaTOS needs a friend. user posted image

I agree, it would be nice if we could have a list of the other Biomes at the bottom of the Biome we are in, instead of having to go back to the cave entrance and clicking from there. Would make navigating through the Biomes much faster smile.gif

I totally second this!!!

Especially since my notebook is rather slow, and refreshing the whole page means it loads for quite a while. So in order to be able to catch any eggs at all, I always just clicked on "Cave" and the page loaded quicker then. Can't do that anymore now with the biomes if there isn't a direct link on the top of each page. So I'd really, really appreciate it if that could be implemented.

Joy~ :D

Thanks so much, TJ. <33 This is great. I can't wait to start using Teleport and Fertility.

This is great, I love the updates TJ. It's going to take some getting used to but it is definitely a nice change for the Cave.

I might actually not lag when in a biome because of cave stalkers! laugh.gif Since we are split up, you know.

Thanks to the people who worked so hard on this!!

Yes! Been looking forward to these updates since we first heard about them=) Um.. where do I go to make suggestions about sorting, because now that we have biomes, that should really be an option in the sort menu...

Has anyone figured out what the 'something extra' was?? I"m loving the Biomes! It certainly slows the rhythm of the game down - gives a whole new approach! Nicely done - the lag isn't impossible and the changeover seems to be completely without any kind of chaos. I'm looking forward to Teleport too!

wow that nice I like looking in the cave's way to easier to find. as for teleport that good news and also lmited eggs I like it too. thank you, TJ.. it awesome! biggrin.gif

Has anyone figured out what the 'something extra' was?? I"m loving the Biomes! It certainly slows the rhythm of the game down - gives a whole new approach! Nicely done - the lag isn't impossible and the changeover seems to be completely without any kind of chaos. I'm looking forward to Teleport too!

Well, the unannounced things are AP that doesn't lock the drops anymore, the new skins, the 5 digit codes and (still not sure, it could be a glitch) failed Vampire bites that doesn't lock you anymore.

The latter six of the 12 things listed in the first post are previously-unannounced changes.

yay, thanks for the biome links- navigating between them is loads easier now <3

OOoooOOOOoooooooOOOOO... Forest, you say... maybe now I can finally catch me one, I've been so wanting one but never get one in time before somebody else snags it.

Hm, I have 6 eggs, does that mean I have to wait for the Leetle Tree, cos from what I understand - it takes an egg space, then doesn't take the space - never could figure that one out.

I'm actually quite surprised that the wilderness isn't on the cavemap. user posted image

I think the whole map is the wilderness. If you view the page of a cb egg that hasn't been grabbed yet, it says it is in the wilderness.

yay, thanks for the biome links- navigating between them is loads easier now <3

Just saw that TJ added the direct links to the biomes on each biome page! That's fantastic, some others and I just said how great it would be to have that again and there it is! WOW!

THANK YOU TJ!!! Now that was quick! smile.gif

And thank you of course for all the updates and your hard work in general, I didn't say that before. smile.gif

mad.gif You made me get in trouble with my boss today...

I checked my mailbox for a mail related to the construction of our house I was hoping would be there, but instead I saw the mail of this announcement... I just couldn't tear myself away fro the computer before having clicked around a bit in our sparkly new cave, so I missed my bus (and the next one) and was way too late this morning...

But YAY this is all so exciting!

I just did some clicking around so far, haven't really tested things yet, but these are my first reactions:

I like the look and feel of the biomes. It's still DC, only so much more of it smile.gif I'm not going to comment on the availability yet, 'cause I realise things are very hectic on the site at the moment and we need to give it some time to go to 'normal'.

I like the idea of the changeable skins, though I'm going to stick with the old one. The portal one is way to futuristic for me and the Paddy one too, well, Paddy biggrin.gif

But I do hope to see some other options in the future!

The separation of account and dragons is a good idea, would make the dragons page much neater, if it wasn't for that ugly white bar with the share scroll link. I also can't use that link for what I used it most for anymore: I used to click it to have most of the URL for another person's scroll in the adress bar, only having to change my nick into another's. Copy-pasting the link I did only rarely, as it is in my sig already.

If kept this way, I would prefer for it to be 'out of sight' on the account page.

A link I do miss on the dragons page is the one to the sort options, because I manually sort each dragon to the spot I want it on my scroll, so that means going to the sort options every time a dragon grows up. Having to go through the account page means a lot more clicks... Nothing that can't be fixed with a bookmark, though.

Overall, I like the changes, and I'm soooo happy with teleport and the new limits. It will be a blessing not to worry about LiT and hatchie-locks anymore.

Excuse me...I think I'll go scream into a pillow until I get over the awesome theme.

This will definitely take some getting used to. But up to now, everything looks pretty swell and yay for seven freakin' eggs at a time. Thank you.