Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

Pleased with her decision, Hans ran after her. He ran as hard as he could, knowing he would never be able to keep up with Frost running at her fastest, so he didn't worry about passing her. His long fur attracted heat like a rotting carcass attracted flies, and occasionally hungry dogs. "So what's that dog good for? We don't need anyone to think other than you and me. We can handle all of the masterminding. We're the smartest dogs in Shadowpack, why worry about adding another dead beat mouth to feed?"

Skyla began her training by running laps around the junkyard, assuming that was what she was suppose to do. "I guess I'll just run until somebody tells me different." Skyla thought, her long coat glistening in the moonlight as she dashed around piles of garbage. She looked around the junkyard, noticing how eerie it looked when it didn't have the sun-light shining on it.

Soldier didn't like the way Minn was handleing her paw, with such care is was like her paw was a block of gold! She whinded, but didn't want to hurt Minn's feelings, so she and insested that Minn musent worry over a little thing like this, and if she really wanted, she could look at it back at the densite. 'Honestly, the bump from the trashcan hurt more than the glass cut' she thought to herself

(I got approved, so here's my forms :3)

Name:Jade

Breed: Catahula Leapord

Appearance: http://dogbreeds.bulldoginformation.com/ca...leopard-dog.jpg

Gender Female

Personality: Quiet, cold towards others. Seems to glare at people all the time. Has a side of herself kept apart from real life.

Mate: N/A

Pups: N/A

History: Joined the pack about a year ago and has done everything by the book.

Introduction Paragraph:

Jade finished her patrol of the area and began heading back to the camp, silent as ever.

Name: Everyone calls him Boss, his real name is unknown.

Breed: Pit Bull Terrier

Appearance: http://guarddogss.com/wp-content/uploads/2...ier-Puppies.jpg

Gender Male

Personality: Cold, calm, assertive. He always seems to hold every card in the game.

Mate: Frost

Pups: N/A

History: Boss was thought to have dies in an attack, but he had been secretly gathering intelegence, and is now returning to the pack.

Introduction Paragraph:

Boss turned a street and there she was, Frost. His mate. Running with another wolf. He growled and attacked without warning. "How, dare, you, run, with, her! You are beneath her! You are inferier to an Alpha. How dare you consider yourself worthy enough to run with someone of her stature?" Jumping back he growled and gazed at Frost. "I see leaving the pack in your care was a mistake, it seems you've grown soft my love. Shall we see how soft?" He growled and bared his teeth. They were mates, but that meant nothing. Each one of them would sooner tear the other apart in an instant then let the other rule over them. They were together by conincidence only. "I assume you told everyone I died would I be correct? Well you can retel them I am very much alive, and I have some news on that pesky other pack."

"Get away from him. Who are you? My mate died two years ago, you fool. He died at the hands of Ty and I will be killing that Alpha personally. So what do you want? Speak up. I show no mercy. I will kill you. Slowly," she said, adding the last bit for good measure. She was being serious. She would stop at nothing to kill this impersonator. Who did he think he was? She snapped at him, Her eyes showing fury and rage, a hint of bloodlust as well.

Boss chuckelled and said "do you really think I would loose to some Mutt like him? No he's worse then cat droppings. But fine, if you really want to battle, it would be nice to punish you for thinking so little of my strength." His eyes showed only bloodlust, no rage or anger. There was a calm about him that said he knew he would win the fight.

Frost quickly relaxed. So it was him... but how? How had he survived? He wasn't supposed to! How did he not die? She had seen Ty kill him....

"So it is you. Good. Now, Hans and I were talking about some strategies I was mulling over..." Her voice was cold and her eyes were hard. She was furious. She showed nothing of it, her face now void of any emotion.

Hans was furious. He growled his rage, a low meaningful growl. He wanted nothing more than to tear into the new dog. But, it appeared this was a discussion for Frost. Until the new dog seemed to challenge Frost. If he was truly her former mate, then there would be no point in challenging her. Hans stepped up. "You'll do no such thing." He didn't care if he was attacked. Anger and blood-lust slathered his voice. He bared his teeth, willing to take the fight to the new dog at any moment. At the command of his leader.

Boss turned with glee and looked to Hans. "I see, he has some spirit in him this one. He will be usefull." Turning back to his mate he gazed at her with calculated eyes. "My time spent 'dead' was not wasted. I did find a weakness in their defences. A routene they seem to follow."

Frost pressed her body just slightly more so against Hans, telling him to save it for later. She wanted information first. Nodding to her mate, she asked him to continue. Hopefully he would. She wanted to know as much as she could before she killed Boss. He needed to be killed. Eventually.

Boss grinne and said "But this information is best saved. Who knows? You might not be the wise Frost I once knew who knew better then to go up against me. You might want to get the information and then attack me. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, I let you become alpha for one reason alone. Because you are easy to read." He chuckelled. Turning away he began walking away. "Send a squad of dogs to the shed closest to the fountain. And please don't try to attack me when my back is turned, I'm not stupid after all. Do you realy think I would come here alone. You should find the pack slightly smaller then when you left, darling mate" He said the last bit in a way that made it sound almost like scorn, but not enough to make it sure. As he stroled away he gazed at them over his shoder and his eyes looked at them with such comtempt and amusement any normal dog would be at his throaght.

Hans' growl got louder. The only thing that held him back from killing the other dog was Frost. Oh how he hated that she wouldn't let him kill the disrespectful beast. His paws clawed the ground as he curled his toes in, a technique he had learned long ago to help him grasp dogs during a fight. "Let me kill him." Hans whispered low enough that the dog would not be able to hear.

"Not now, Hans. I don't want you hurt," Frost said even lower, a hint of affection in her voice. Turning away from him, she stared at the ground. How dare she let her old mate push her around like this? She wanted him dead. More than she wanted Junkpack to die out. Shooting a glance at Hans, she sighed.

Jade found Ty and bowed her head slightly in respect. "My Alpha, I have a request." And she leaned in and began to whisper something. Leaning back she said "So you see, I have a theory that we may find a plentifull storage of food there, if you would be willing to lend me a few others to help me gather some."

Hans paced now. He was angry, but how could he argue with Frost. There was something in her voice that made it seem like she cared. That would be a first for him. Hans never had felt any warmth of another caring for him. He shook his fur nervously. It was a strange feeling. And, the more he thought about it, the more he realized his fondness of his leader had grown a bit past the average fondness he had felt for any other leader.

"What? Boss! He's not alive! I killed him myself! What're you talking about, Gamma?" Ty snarled, his hackles raising. How dare she even suggest that! Did she doubt her leader? Did she really? Ty moved forward, closing the distance between him and this impudent little Gamma. He glared at her, continuing to growl dangerously.

Jade lwerd herself to show respect to Ty. "There is more then one leader of their pack, my Alpha. I am talking about the female Alpha of their clan. I believe she may be meeting someone there, or someone wants her to meet them there."

"Mm. True. It'd be risky. Frost never moves without ample protection. She's bound to at least have Has with her... He's a formidable threat. Very well, it just might be worth it," he said. "Take two other dogs along with you. I'm sure you can handle it, being the brave little Gamma you are."

Jade lowered herself once again "If you say so, my Alpha." Standing up she turned to leave. It seemed no threat had actually reached her, she only acted how a Gamma should act. There was no emotion as she gazed around the camp and thought of whom she should bring.

(Any takers?)

Edited by warewolves

((Sorry, I've been away for a while, only one computer in the house gets internet, and my sister took her laptop with her for the weekend :/ On the plus side, I've decided to try out a new charrie! More may be coming too, as well.))

Name: Felicity (nickname Fee)

Breed: Belgian Tervuren

Appearance: Fee She's a deep russet color with a dappled-black face, as if she was laying in the shade under a tree. Her fur is full and glossy, still untouched by the wild, and she has yet to lose the healthy weight living with humans had gained her.

Gender Female

Personality: She's bubbly and extremely loyal, though she still has an attatchment to humans that sets her apart from the others of her pack. She's a natural guard dog, though she's never really had the need to test out her own insticts. She still has much to learn, and at heart she is still very much a puppy, though she has the signs of growing up to be a dignified, even haughty female.

Mate: None

Pups: None

History: She's had the comfortable life of being the daughter of a show dog, but her constitution was not enough to make her one, thus making her unsuitable for breeding, much less showing. Her human family attempted to leave her in a crate outside the door of a shelter in the hopes that someone would adopt her, but the latch was broken, and before the shelter had opened and someone found her, she escaped, wandering around trying to find her family to no avail.

Introduction Paragraph: They had stayed up all night, discussing her, she was sure. Though she couldn't understand them even after all this time liing with them, they continued to look and gesture in her direction, and every time they did she would smile with her tongue out and wag her tail hopefully. She could see they were upset, the female more than the male, but eventually the male human won out. The female left the room and her male human crouched down before her, affectionately scratching behind her ears.

"You'll find a better family, Fee. I promise." She cocked her head and raised her ears as he spoke, still not understanding, but there was a sad undercurrent she felt she needed to change. She licked his face and wagged her tail eagerly. He patiently restrained her and led her over to her move-crate, the one they used when they were taking her somewhere. Her excitement mounted and she rushed in, turning a couple of times inside the crate before settling and looking up at him happily. They were going outside! He took her out to their car and loaded her in the back.

After a time - she had watched the moon slowly rise from the horizon almost to its peak in the sky - they reached a squat building. The windows were dark, but her owner took her out all the same and placed her crate before the glass doors. She paced impatiently in circles inside her crate, waiting for her crate door to open, but her human instead walked away, back to the car. The door closed with a slam, causing her to jump, and having left the motor running, he drove out of the driveway and left her behind. She whined after him, motionless for a while, before pawing at the door meekly. She had been taught not do do this, but as time wore on she became desperate. After a couple swipes with her paw, the door came undone, and she leapt out of the crate, chasing the scent trail of the car.

Earl:

Earl trotted over to Ty, sitting down before him, waiting for his chance to speak.

Edited by PythonPro

((Approved. Very nice. biggrin.gif))

Ty turned to Swift-Eye first. So, she had come back and asked if there was a dog unworthy of being in his pack? He had gotten rid of that dog today. He was gone, now. Why did she ask?

"No. He was defeated today by Earl here. If you're looking for a fight, it's going to be a fair one. Now, Earl. What do you need?" he asked, turning to the tall and handsome dog before him. Crossing one paw over the other, Ty smiled ever so slightly.

((I'm pretty sure Coruki and Skyla should be doing mock fights and/or running laps))

Earl dipped his head respectfully, hoping what he would say wasn't overstepping his bounds. "I have some ideas on how to fortify Junkpack against Shadowpack, but it will require an overhaul on the practices being done now. This is only to ensure safety, I am not questioning your way of doing things."

Edited by PythonPro

((Yep.))

"Of course. What do you suggest, Gamma? You seem like you're experienced in the way of things," Ty said, not being sarcastic at all. His ears flicked forwards, his eyes showing mild interest. Earl was certainly useful. "Well? Out with it."

Earl:

Earl started out patiently, but the longer he talked, the more animated he became. He quickly took to pacing back and forth in front of Ty, with his nose down in concentration of the plans he was making.

"Well first, the patrols being sent out seem to be more or less at the whim of those doing them, when they should be tightly controlled to prevent holes in our defense. Our sentries should patrol in groups of two, with three patrols out at once, circling the whole of the den. They shouldn't be too far away to create gaps, and close enough to run back here for help if necessary. When one patrol is done with their shift, there should be another at the ready, and the three patrols should change shift at different times, or else there will be an all-too-obvious weakness as they tend to be distracted when returning to the den for sleep or continued training. The sentries are more for alerting the pack and keeping away stragglers than for facing a strong foe, and they should be discouraged from starting a fight, and instead be tasked with reporting everything immediately to you or your Betas.

Aside from around-the-clock patrols, a dog must be posted at the two highest points in the territory, another alarm bell. If anything is spotted by them, they should howl to signal an oncoming attack, but they need to be trained in sighting the right signs of such an attack. Sight hounds like Victoria or I would be best for this job, though I wouldn't waste Victoria's talents on a job like that.

I can see you've already started training, which is good, but for certain tasks there needs to be certain training drills. Every dog from the age of six months and beyond needs to be trained to fight to the best of their abilities, be it speed or brute strength. I understand that with all of this going on, the numbers will be stretched and hunting for food may be pushed to the side, so a few dogs need to be designated to hunting between their training, ones that can be trusted to bring the most food the fastest.

As far as offense goes, I would advise against making the first strike, but a team of two to go out and gain intelligence on the enemy is a must, as they are surely going to do the same to us. Everyone under your command must understand the dangers they will be expecting so there is as little surprise as possible. They must learn to be as ruthless as possible," he finally paused, realizing this would be the hardest part for him, before he continued on, "and it would be best if they knew some of the tactics key members of the enemy commonly uses, if you know them." Finally he stopped pacing and looked up at Ty, meeting his eyes briefly. "This is all I would advise doing, and I would be happy to teach what I know to the trainees."

Fee: ((going by the map: map))

Her pads pounded the pavement of the empty road as she rapidly lost the smell of the car, of the human, of her home. Though she had been trained to exploit her muscles in the chance that she would be shown, her strength flagged and she veered off the road, near a fountain. She lapped at the water thirstily and continued on dejectedly, her pace now slowed to a trot. She wandered close to a shed, sniffing interestedly at a spot that had been clearly marked by another dog. The pungent smell of urine pierced her nose, giving her all of the information she needed of the dog that left it; Strong, big, possibly a husky. A leader. She wandered further down the side of the road, encountering more of the same scent as well as other markings that closely matched it. The smell of a pack, a family.

Edited by PythonPro