Packgoater

Junkyard Dogs

Roe sniffed the air, taking in Skylas scent but didn't recognize it. Must be new to the area she thought, you could never be too careful and that was why Roe didn't sit, but remained standing and ready.

She was glad she was standing when a new voice rang out, it meant she didn't jump with surprise. As it was, she glanced at the new comer and bobbed her head. "We are accepting, I am Roe and this is Ty." She didn't introduce them by their ranks, it stopped spontaneous challenges for their positions and if there were any more dogs out there they would be outnumbered.

Roe looked back to her brother, "shall we go?"

((Well he will join a pack but perhaps later on will branch into the Shadowpack as his history comes to the surface ohmy.gif. So where snouts could this guy come in?))

Coruki stood thoughtfully for a moment before asking, "What is your pack like?"

She walked silently over to the female that had spoken and answered her question.

"I would like to know more about your pack before I join. How does your pack function and what do you call yourselves?"

Scratching the ground with her claws she asked in a bitter voice, "How many die of hunger each day?"

"Yes, I think it is a good time. My pack is called Junkpack, the pack that banished Shadowpack so long ago. My pack is a fair pack, you move up ranks by challenging a dog a higher rank than you. Whomever kills a piece of meat gets to eat first, no matter the rank. Hunting parties will be assigned. All pack members hunt. All pack members carry a load. In the past two weeks I've only had two die. I eat last, I'm not that underweight. All who wish to come and join Junkpack follow me, make sure you don't get lost in the fog," he barked, starting to trot back to camp. As he trotted his ribs seemed very prominent; if anybody died of starvation next, it would be him. He relaxed as he neared his camp, the familiar signs of trash and Junkyard comforting him. He pushed open the two boards that led into the camp with a flourish, presenting Junkpack territory, a dog's dreamland.

The answers she got from the leader satisfied her and she was even impressed with how well the pack ran. Except that two dogs had died recently. But in many other packs it was usually much more. Coruki would join this Junkpack.

Coruki followed the dog into the territory of JunkPack. The fog was think but she was able to keep up with the alpha dogShe watched him fling apart the boards with gusto.

Very dramatic.

Coruki spotted the camp and her stomach growled softly, then a bit louder.

"Say, were you going to assign a hunting party now?"

Wind had curiously gone toward the source of the howl, and watched silently from the shadows as the leader had talked about his pack to a newcomer. She then followed silently, as they made back to their camp.

Wind stood off in the shadows as they went in, then quickly turned around and dived down a side street. Even though joining a pack sounded like a good idea, she was reluctant, quite sure that they would not want such a small dog to become one of them.

Edited by Lalasa

"As a matter of fact, I was. You can join me if you want my sister Roe will probably want to come, too. We'll be hunting in the Junkyard today, that way you'll learn more about this multi-acre lot and we might actually catch something without a rouge attacking us. I'll assign dogs to look after you for a few days. Coruki, Roe. Skyla, I can do that. Who are YOU?' he asked, staring hard at an Australian Shepherd that was outside his territory.

Victoria was chewing quietly on the piece of leather when voices reached her ears again. Glancing up, her startling golden eyes caught sight of Ty opening the entrance of the Junkyard, and behind him a few other scrawny dogs. Back already? She thought, pausing a moment to study the newcomers with brief interest. All of them seemed to be female, and timid at that. Faint annoyance glimmered in the large dog's eyes as she watched Ty and the others.

It seemed he was getting ready for a hunting party. Since Victoria hadn't eaten in a few days, she took this as her cue to volunteer. The scrap of leather was promptly left behind as the tall dog rose to her feet on the old sofa before swiftly jumping down from the pile of trash and to the ground. Her long, lean legs carried her towards the pack Alpha before stopping a few feet away. She said nothing to him or the others, and simply gazed at Ty, awaiting his direction. This wasn't abnormal behavior of Victoria's, although the other dogs might have been unused to it. Having no reason to speak gave her little incentive to even look to them, thus she paid them no mind.

((No I mean Ally. Didn't Wind hide in the shadows? He probably couldn't see her. Or hear her since she's so small.))"Well, I'm Ty. You want to join Junkpack or not?" Ty grinned as he saw the sleek gray dog (Ghost) approach him. "Ghost, you'll be hunting with us, I assume?" There was no question about it, he found her attractive. Her personality put him off and he found himself more attracted to other females. His old mate often haunted him in his dreams, often telling him to get over her and be happy with someone else. It was so hard for him to let go of her. She had been one of the most beautiful dogs he had ever seen. She wasn't really a dog, she was a wolf. She had been an all-white wolf with amazing grace and beauty, a wolf that had promised herself to him. She had died and that day Ty had forever banned any wolves from ever living close to him, anywhere in the Bonelands, for they reminded him to much of his beloved. Now he found her only haunting his dreams, telling him to let her go. He knew she was right. He needed to let her go, let her settle. Let her memories stop haunting him. Ty was starting to think he was just convincing himself that he liked all the females, that he was letting go of Sasha. He needed to prove to himself he wasn't just imagining his attraction to them, that there was really something there. But how? How would he do that?

Edited by Packgoater

((Just checking. It gets confuzzling when you don't point out who you're talking to! XP ))

((

Who are YOU?' he asked, staring hard at an Australian Shepherd that was outside his territory.
I thought that made it clear. Sorry))

Victoria's expression didn't change at the nickname. Ever since she'd joined the pack, no one had ever really used her real name, unless they had something serious in need of addressing. In fact, part of her wondered if half of the dogs there even knew her real name. Ah well, it didn't bother her that much- she somewhat liked the name anyway, gave reason for others to not bother her.

She sniffed the air cautiously for a moment and swung her bright eyes to the dogs following him. Youngsters, it looked like, and one of them smelled like blood. Must've hunted recently, Victoria decided. She was curious if Ty was going to let that one accompany the hunting party, having already eaten. But, no matter. She did as was told and didn't complain, nor did she push her views on their leader. She trusted he knew what he was doing. "Yes," the tall female answered, her rich, smooth voice monotone and obviously not excited with the new dogs. She did look forwards to hunting, however, and the sharp pain in her stomach was a constant reminder of her starvation. That didn't single her out amongst the others, though, and so she waited for more dogs to gather as she watched Ty's expression. Part of her felt as though he was thinking of something troubling, and the Rhodesian cross tilted her head faintly in acknowledgment. Of course, being who she was, Victoria did not prod whatever Ty was mulling over. If he wanted to say something, she was certain he would- other dogs often (well, not that often...) came to her to talk, while she simply sat in silence. Comforting? Perhaps. As long as they didn't pester her with questions, Victoria didn't seem to mind the confessions much. Of course, a dog like her could only handle so much in one day, but she had yet to get short with someone for running their mouths.

"May I accompany you guys on the hunting party?" Skyla asked Ty, trotting over to where all the dogs were conversating, Skyla wasn't sure, but something seemed to be troubling Ty, but she ignored it, it was probably just her imagination.

Besides,This place was amazing, so she wasn't sure what could've bothered Ty anyways, and if she went with them hunting, she would probably be able to find out if she was any good at fighting. She looked around at everyone else who had joined the pack today. They seemed like they would be pretty good fighters, and they all seemed to be good hunters. She just hopes that she can at least be good at one of the two things.

Edited by angelkay

Coruki was glad that she would be accepted. The tall grey dog, Ghost, did not look very pleased though.

"Yes, I'd like to come hunting as well." She said simply.

Ty opened his mouth, there was something about those eyes of Victoria's that made him want to tell her everything. He promptly shut it, his eyes showing his frustration. He couldn't do anything right, he was surprised he was still leader. He tried to hold himself confidently and was surprised to find he was completely crumbling now of all times. "Excuse me a minute," he muttered, walking slowly to his bus. He stepped inside, pulling out a small item from underneath the driver's seat. The chain collar Sasha had taken off of him when they first met. The chain collar she had taken off of him, setting him free from his cruel owners. He would need all of her confidence with him for a long time. He slipped on the rusted collar, stepping back out the bus and letting out a howl. Not the howl of a dog. The mourning howl, the haunting howl, the awe-striking howl of a wolf.

Skyla heard a strange howl coming from where the bus was. She hurried over to investigate and saw Ty sitting right outside of the bus doors, howling mournfully. Skyla slowly walked towards him, unsure of what to say. So something was troubling him, but what could it be?

Edited by angelkay

A deep, mournful howl rose from the old bus Ty had disappeared into.

"He is mourning for a loved one." Coruki murmured. She had listened to a pack of wolves during her travels. The Alpha's mate had died. Could it be...?

Coruki had noticed the face on Ty before he left and she wanted to tell Ghost. She opened her mouth to say it, but closed it again. After all, Ty might not like it and she would probably be forced to leave. Again.

Victoria studied his gaze for a long moment and noted when he opened his muzzle. There was a deep frustration there and it surprised her, although it didn't register on her expressionless face. As an ear flickered towards one of the new females who approached (she didn't know which one, nor did she particularly care), the other moved towards Ty as he muttered a quick dismissal. Well, that was odd. Victoria didn't recall seeing him act like that before, but then he didn't share all that much with her to begin with.

She thought back a moment when he had opened his muzzle. Was he going to tell her something? Curiosity wanted to know what it was, but her nature kept her from questioning. However, when he turned and headed for the bus, she padded after him quietly and stopped near the entrance. As he emerged again, her bright eyes continued to gaze steadily. His howl was wrought with emotion, something she hadn't heard before. Both of her ears swung forwards to listen as if trying to decipher what it was that laced his voice- pain, that was obvious. The only thing that Victoria knew how to treat pain was time and patience- thus, the she-dog sat back on her haunches and waited quietly.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Coruki sighed. She did not know what to do. She wanted to hunt right then and there but she didn't want to be rude and cut in on Ty's mourning. Ghost looked wise.

She approached her with caution. The features of this sleek gray dog never changed.

"What happened to Ty?" She asked her softly.

Ty splayed his legs, shaking uncontrollably. He had been handling himself fine, but this was the night. The night she had died. He struggled to stay standing, his muscles tensed. Rain started falling, pouring down from the heavens. That was when he saw it. A dark shape, far out by the office complex. A familiar shape, one he cared not to ever see again. Could it be? Was his eyesight playing tricks on him? Had Shadowpack returned? This was the exact scene he remembered from two years ago, right before his mate was murdered. If only Ty could've protected her... Ty collapsed, his head reeling. Everything was fuzzy... strange. Then it all went black.

Skyla rushed over to Ty, and saw that another dog was also running at him, and luckily caught his head before it slammed on the ground. What had just happened? Ty started shaking and then suddenly, he collapsed. And what had he seen just before he collapsed? He seemed like he was looking by the office, and when he did, his face contorted with what seemed to be surprise, anger, and... sadness.

Skyla turned to look at the office, but saw nothing.

Edited by angelkay

Victoria glanced to the side and her golden eyes caught on an unfamiliar female approaching. For a moment, the grey dog didn't seem to have heard the question, but when her eyes flickered back up to Ty she answered in a low voice, "Memories." That was all she felt anyone really needed to know- Victoria didn't give out the secrets or pasts of those around her, and the same went for herself. But, when Ty's body language drastically changed, Victoria immediately stood on her feet and narrowed her eyes. This was odd behavior she hadn't experienced before, and having only joined a few months back, was unaware of the night's date.

When Ty collapsed, Victoria acted immediately and lunged for the falling male. Her head dipped down just in time to stop his muzzle from smacking the earth, and instead his head fell atop of her sturdy neck. Slowly, cautiously, Victoria slipped out from under him and gazed down at the unconscious Alpha with a glimmer of worry in her amber stare.

Turning to look at the other dogs, Victoria said, "Roe, we still need hunters. Do you want me to lead them so you can stay with Ty? Or would you prefer to lead the hunters?" Victoria didn't speak very often, and so such a long slew of words was a little surprising even to herself.

Ty's eyes slowly opened, his body shuddering. At first he saw Sasha standing over him. "Sasha? God, I'm so sorry. It never should have ended that way. I should've listened to you. Why did you have to die, Sasha? Why wasn't it me? I should've died. I should've suffered! Am I dead? It's been so long since I've seen you," he shouted, finally coming to a whisper at the end. It was only then that his vision cleared and he saw Ghost. He swallowed, still shaking. He weakly stood up, walking over to the buss while leaning on it for support. He stepped inside, dropping onto one of the seats. His mind was elsewhere. He wondered if Ghost would ask him about his past, maybe she would just go with it. He wasn't sure which was worse. She did deserve to know, after all.

Edited by Packgoater

(Sandra? I thought it was Sasha xd.png)

Victoria had returned to watching the alpha's face when she saw his eyes opening again. I wonder what happened to him, she thought, lowering her nose slightly to sniff his forehead in concern. Her ears twisted forwards to listen to him, but as he spoke, confusion surfaced in the female's golden stare. Why was he calling her by that name? Died? She wasn't... Realization triggered a moment later, and Victoria gazed gravely down at the shaking male. She knew from some of the other dogs that Ty had lost his mate, although she wasn't aware of the details. Whatever had happened, it was clearly a very tragic and traumatizing experience for him. From her own experiences, Victoria was well accustomed to pain. Impervious, almost. However, that was physical pain- she wasn't familiar with emotional agony, as there was never anything for her to get emotionally tied to. While other may have thought she was now emotionally void, that was untrue. She had simply learned to lock it away, store it where it could not be accessed by anyone else. Protected.

As Ty stood up, Victoria lifted her muzzle and watched him slowly disappear into the old bus. He looked tired, all of a sudden, although she suspected it had more to due with mental exhaustion than anything else. After a long moment of standing there, watching silently, she finally moved forwards. It was almost taboo for dogs to be in the bus; that was reserved for the Alphas- or in this case, Alpha. She wasn't hesitant, but cautious, as she stepped up the crooked steps and into the isle of the vehicle. Immediately her vibrant eyes locked on his form slumped in one of the seats, and the silvery she-dog moved quietly towards him. There was silence for a moment before her husky voice sounded. "Ty," she said, gazing at him. "Is there something you need to talk about?"