Corteo

All about the Nilia Dragon: breed bio

I second the request for Nilia's story once you make it! biggrin.gif This was really fun to read! <3

Adorable. The longer I had Nilias, the more I liked them, and this just makes them even cuter Another for the list of those interested in the rest of the story!

Your cat is down-right adorable, by the way. laugh.gif

I love kitties!

It took me an age to get my first Nilia, and then I was a bit disappointed, but now I love them. Your description let me think of a good

Personality for mine. Thanks for posting it!

Oh my! I already thought they are pretty and awesome and adorable and... I really love Nilia Pygmies... but now that I've read this (and saw that cute cat) I even love them more! wub.gif

Also I like the sound of their name and already wondered why they're called 'Nilia'.

Thanks for that great info!

All this new info is wonderful! Thank you, and good job!

When I heard it makes a sound kind of like a cat, I immediately thought of this guy, though I'm not sure of that's what you meant. ^^;

And now I'm glad my first one gendered wrong and forced me to get another. Now they won't be lonely!

And your cat is adorable! xd.png

Their only magical ability is to turn rock into bright and fiery gems. They only do it rarely, and even then it does not always work. It is worthless to keep Nilias in order to gain the gems they create, as they will only do it of their own free will.

What if you offer one a shiny bright red apple every time they made a gem?

@Hawktalon -

That's almost exactly how it sounds. xd.png A bit more cat in it though.

@Savynn -

Well it would be a marical to see one make a gem, but if you do try and bribe it they are smart enough to see through that

@everyone else

So glad you like them, I really should write the story soon. =o

I love it when people give their dragons some background and describe them like this. I see dragons in dragon requests that simply don't describe anything but what the dragon looks like and I'm like 'meh...' but I see one that has a lot of description about it, and I'm like 'YAY! *glomps dragon*'. I love Nilia Pygmies, but when I read this on the dragcave wiki and here, I loved them even more. happy.gif

I love the information! happy.gif

It's not the breed/species I'm planning to work on, but it is definitely tempting me to get one! xd.png

Thanks for the info. It'd be really cool to have a DC encyclopedia with descriptions like this from species creators.

Nilias are adorable though asdjflkhasgjk; the hatchlings are SO LEETLE AND CUTE.

Thanks for the info. It'd be really cool to have a DC encyclopedia with descriptions like this from species creators.

Actually...that's an amazing idea! Someone should set that up! xd.png Well, there's already the wiki, actually, so maybe it's not needed... o.O

Actually...that's an amazing idea! Someone should set that up! xd.png Well, there's already the wiki, actually, so maybe it's not needed... o.O

The wiki's there, yeah, but I would love to see it contain detailed descriptions like this for either all of the breeds or as many as possible. I love getting species backgrounds on the different kinds of dragons because I think it adds a lot of depth to the game. xd.png I'm a sucker for detailed descriptions, what can I say!

Rally up the spriters and conceptors or whoever happened to come up with background info for dragons! xd.png I honestly would like to see all breeds described like this. The only ones I can remember or that I know about are these—the Nilias—and Skywings. I'm sure that a lot of dragons were described in detail during their development, but did the people who wrote the facts about the dragons save it in a document or something? That's the question.

Or maybe, except for the officially background-ed ones, whoever wrote the encyclopedia could come up with info and note that it's not official or something, until the people who actually came up with the dragon's facts and all said otherwise. xd.png

Thank you so much for the time and effort you spent on this. It is wonderful!! I hope that we will get to see more of these in the future, but just having that info wants to make me go out and grab some eggs. This would be a wonderful addition to all dragons, especially our "cave blockers" (although this phrase changes seasonally). The more we know about dragons, the easier it is to want to seek them out for whatever reasons.

Also, it is not uncommon in our roleplay threads for people to choose dragons to roleplay as or with. And those involved are often left to completely guess what those dragons' personalities and characteristics. This would be so much more helpful. And there is a lot of players who participate! Currently, what I have found, is when people are choosing their dragons to be or have as sidekicks, they pick ones they think are prettier or rarer or more magical or more strong, etc etc. There is very little "reference" to use as a guide. If there were people would use it rather than defaulting to "a young silver bourne upon a full moon of untold powers by the fated chance meeting of a Female Holly and Male Ribbon Dancer."

Edited by natayah

Thanks for the wonderful description! It made me like them even more. Now I'm thinking I'm going to have to get twenty...

*suddenly curious how many people here saw the harvester drake thread before it got purged for inactivity*

Your cat is adorable! And please do write the story of how Nilia Abbercliff found the pygmy! (Unless you already have? I somehow seem to recall reading a similar story from one of the 2012 Christmas stories...)

I really wish descriptions like this could be put onto the dragon's page, it makes them so much more interesting, and we can visualise/imagine their personalities better happy.gif Thank you for taking so much time to write this out, really smile.gif

I love pygmies, even though it doesn't really show on my scroll. I've always wondered why the Alpine would get blocked with either original pygmies, or nilia pygmies... This makes me wanna just go grab a couple of Nilias (even though I'm scroll locked...). xd.png

This is great info! I thought the Nilia's name was taken from the Nilla Wafers, a type of cookie:

user posted image

It is often suggested that dragon keepers keep more then one

I really need to take another one, then. Now that they have new sprites, I have one more reason to hunt.

This is an awesome description! Can we get this in the Encyclopedia, pretty pretty please... ? biggrin.gif

Also thank you for the improvements to the sprites, but it's these stories that really make the dragons come to life for me. Thank you so much!