Sundew

Kävik the Wolf Dog

Oh gawd, you have to read this. I don't even like dogs, and I loved it.

Kävik is a story about a wolf-dog mix who wins the North American sled race, then gets sold to George Hunter. The plane crashes and Kävik is wounded. Andy finds him and takes him to a doctor, but his chances are less than fifty-fifty. It appears that Kävik makes a full recovery . . . until you look closer.

x3 This is the best book I've read for any dog-lover. What are some other good dog books, and which ones have you read?

I've read:

Marley and Me

Kävik the Wolf Dog

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Shiloh

Saving Shiloh

Do wolves count?

If they do then these two are good:

The sight

Fell

I saw this thread and was like "Oh yeah I think I'll put COTW on here!"

But then DragonNightHowler ninja'd me.

Dog books, hm? Walter the Farting Dog How about Fire Bringer? :3 It's part of the Fell series, but I liked it especially.

Call of the wild, White fang, Kazan the wolf-dog, Baree, son of Kazan. And then there's Marley and me and Cujo, which is sort of a horror story. These are all I know of.

Do wolves count?

If they do then these two are good:

The sight

Fell

I was going to suggest The Sight! I think it was my first ever wolf book and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yup, I was quite young when I read it, so I got completely caught up in it! I've been meaning to re-read it actually.

Do you know of any other books like it?

. . . and Cujo, which is sort of a horror story.

Wanted to read Cujo, but my parents wouldn't let me. :3

Got Call of the Wild from the library, but haven't really started it yet, as I've gotten caught up in other books (re-reading Harry Potter).

Cujo gave me the creeps. I couldn't sleep for two weeks and jumped everytime that old Saint Bernard dog barked in the night.

I think it is not for underaged(lets say under 16) readers... or people with too much imagination like me. dry.gif

Another must read in my opinion is Lobo the King of Currumpaw by Ernest Thompson Seton. The author has other great animal and dog stories too that are worth reading smile.gif

LET'S SEE...

Stone Fox

Where the Red Fern Grows

I can't think of any others...

Yup, I was quite young when I read it, so I got completely caught up in it! I've been meaning to re-read it actually.

Do you know of any other books like it?

Fell.

It's the next book!

But in my opinion it gets a bit to involved with humans....

It was so sad...

Fire-Bringer is about Deer Darkangel...

White Fang and Call of the Wild. I've read two different versions of each. Loved them.

Just a side note, I have a dog named Cujo. He's usually quite a friendly dog, and is part American Eskimo. He's a little over a foot high. biggrin.gif

Call of the wild, White fang, Kazan the wolf-dog, Baree, son of Kazan. And then there's Marley and me and Cujo, which is sort of a horror story. These are all I know of.

Buck... I <3 him >:DDDDDD. Seriously, fave book.

Mum got it for me when I was 10.

A book that I liked that hasn't been mentioned is Dogsbody by Diana Wynn Jones.

I can't believe I found Kavik on DRAGONCAVE. I love this book so so much, I never would have expected it to turn up here! laugh.gif

I read Call of the Wild in school, another very good book.

I adored Kavik when I first read it. Went through a whole wolf phase when I was younger, and it was one of the better ones I read. Sadly, I believe I no longer have a copy.

Another one that I loved (more than Kavik, actually) was called White Wolf, by Henrietta Branford. That one I still have, and it's just as enjoyable to me at 21 as it was at 12. Fire, Bed, and Bone, by the same author, is also good.

Others: Call of the Wild, Julie of the Wolves and its 2 sequels, The Sight (tried Fell but didn't care for it, but Fire Bringer was awesome), Child of the Wolves, Black Star Bright Dawn, and probably a whole lot of others I've forgotten.

The Sight is a very well written book, one of my favorites. I've been meaning to read Fell, how is it?

Personally, I didn't like Fell very much, but then I wasn't in love with The Sight. I liked it, but didn't love it. Since you say it's one of your favorites, then Fell might be for you.