Obscure_Trash

Art Questions/Suggestions

I got a few questions for those who use SAI Paint Tool.

A friend of mine draws a lot and I've heard about this program. Problem is I can't find the original website and I got some other questions.

What is the original website for this? (I've seen two!)

Once you purchase it, does it keep itself up to date without having to be repurchased? (Probably a dumb question, but yeah.)

Also, how much does it cost for this program?

I wasn't sure where to ask this but are there any more signature contests and if so where and if not can we start them again? 

I probably won't get an answer since the thread is super inactive but I've hit a total roadblock and have no idea how to word my question for google, this is basically by only option.

how do I draw this from the front.png

lifted from Wyndbain's dragon creator because it was the only similar image I could find (this is a link to their deviantart)

How do I draw a flat, crest-like frill of a similar shape to this from total front view? (There's one facing down on front of the neck on mine to which is a whole other can of worms) I've got no idea how to make this flat structure work from total front view. basically all I have are some dangling/upwards-facing spikes with zero sign of webbing.

Edited by blockEdragon

Unfortunately I don't think you could see webbing all, if you're doing a full frontal pose. I don't know of any ways to show the frill - or any other relative flat object - when viewed from its thinnest side like that, since it's basically the equivalent of looking at a piece of paper on its side. Flat things are usually reduced to lines simply showing where they'd be, if those lines could be seen at all. The thicker struts holding the webbing together - or spikes, or fingers, or what have you - are usually all that's seen since their thickness hides the thinner webbing behind it. What I'd do is adjust the pose so the webbing is visible somewhere else on the body; so like for a headshot, I would turn the head so the dragon is looking over its shoulder, which would make parts of the neck frill switch to a 3/4s or side view, which would show the webbing. Otherwise your front shot of the head is just going to show spikes going from front to back, then disappearing. Alternatively, you could have two sets of fins on the head or neck running side-by-side, and angle them so the webbing can be seen just a bit.