kadoatie

Fanfiction

Oh dear God... fanfiction?

Guilty as charged for writing. I'm one of those crazy "must keep the characters as IC as possible" type in most stories. Biggest one was a seriously canon story in the Kingdom Hearts fandom. tongue.gif

Same handle on ff.net as here. Yargh. xd.png

Used to read, but got so ticked at AUs that butchered set characterizations for the sake of a lame high-school storyline that I don't read much anymore. It's hard to find something actually canon (or at least takes place in the same universe as the game/anime/etc) these days. sad.gif

Fanfiction is awesome! Actually, I don't think I could live without it. I love to write, but all my writing is fanfiction, so all the ideas technically aren't mine. I've written five that I've posted, two for Avatar: TLA, NCIS, and Harry Potter.

Suffice to say, my earliest works were utter crap.

I enjoy reading it, mostly Harry Potter, Inception, Bleach, and Death Note. There's probably a lot more that I'd like to read, but none come to mind at the moment.

I am obsessed with fanfiction. I have read stories from many fandoms, including, but not limited to: Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Vampire Knight, Tokyo Mew Mew, Labyrinth, Phantom of the Opera, Shugo Chara!, Chronicles of Narnia, Twilight, Naruto, Bleach, Harry Potter, Howl's Moving Castle, Greek Mythology, The Cat Returns, Dragon's Bait, Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket, Star Wars, and many more.

I read a lot of fanfiction. I usually read Harry Potter and Doctor Who, but I've also read several stories from other fandoms, like ER or 24.

I look for them on fanfiction.net, pages that have only Doctor Who or Harry Potter stories or LJ communities.

I read lots. I think the best way to find fanfictions that you like is to find one or two authors that you really, really like and see if they have a rec list. I find some really good stuff that way, often fics that I wouldn't have found otherwise. I also write, same handle on FF.net as on here as well as a link in my signature. I like to think I'm pretty good, since I've gotten a few hundred hits without doing any advertising at all (I'm probably wrong, who knows) and I've only got one (unfinished) story up. hey guess what? It's finished now and I've got another WIP up, this time for Inception.

Edited by klinneah

Fanfiction?! Did somebody say fanfiction?! As in fanfiction.net?! WHO'S TALKING ABOUT FANFICTION?!?!?!?!!?

Ha, I love writing that stuff. My stories have a lot of faves and reviews. Plus it's fun reading other FFs.

Curious, how do you guys prefer to interact (or not interact) with other writers in fandom?

I stalk subscribe to some of my favorite authors on FF, and check up on their tumblrs if they have them. I usually won't talk to them directly (read: review/ask anonymously) unless I have a specific question or I really liked a particular story. Although getting reviews makes me squeel with delight, so I suppose I should do that more often.

I suppose I count as an author, too. biggrin.gif Feel free to talk to me!!!

I'm always writing fan fiction. I was dissapinted when i saw there was no fanfiction section to this forum. But I thougth that fanfiction could be included in original works so I might consider writing some c:

I'd like writing fanfiction, but then I take a look at some of the censorkip.gif I've wrote... *shudder* Some of my other ideas are good, but still.

Those Lacking Spines is a funny Kingdom Hearts fanfic that mocks quite a lot of things in fanfic. Like Mary Sues, Crack Fic, etc.

Working on a stupid story based on Shadow of the Colossus, with two characters from both Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Chrono Trigger thrown in. x) Currently writing: chapter 5.

Im actually planning on begging a kingdom hearts fanfic but with school approaching in a few days idk when I'll be able to get anything done on it.

Ooh, ooh, I'm a fanfictioner!~

I've got stuff for mostly Wicked, but I've got some Kirby, Avenue Q, Pikmin, and various assorted stuff!~

I'm really into crack couples, and don't do a lot of OTPing, don't know why.

I'm currently beggining work on a dragon cave fic i'm hopefully gonna post the prolouge and maybe chapter one tommorow c:

I feel kinda bad because everything I've been working on lately (aside from a bit of drabble-spam) has been going to my alt. account for "things that I don't want associated with me under normal circumstances" and I've been neglecting my main account... And all the stories I have to work on for it! Dx

The main reason i dont do that much fan fiction anymore is because i have trouble keepin up with them because of school and such :V

I'd like to poke the FF.net link in my signature and say look! I write fanfiction and I think it's halfways decent.

/shameless self-promotion

What kind of fandoms do y'alls think get the most attention/fanfiction written for them? Harry Potter I know is a big one: lots of material, easy to write for, plus there are some truly talented writers out there (Methods of Rationality, anyone? Anyone?).

I write fanfiction... *raises hand* But I'm a horrible lazy person about updating. D:

Yugioh is also a surprisingly large fandom on FF.net

I only discovered this because I'm currently writing a Yugioh Harry Potter crossover, and it overtook my other fanfiction in both reviews and unique views within the month.

I shall shamelessly advertise myself. If you're looking for just an adventure story and don't want any smut or non-cannon pairings, you should check out my account. I'm relatively new to the whole fanfic thing with this being my first year writing, but my reviewers have been positive and they say they really enjoy reading my work.

You can check my profile on FF.net to see what stories I have planned for the future.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1436320/Hawaiianbabidoll

The only reason I haven't started them yet is because I'm already working on two and don't want to start more until they're complete.

I used to read a lot of fanfiction, but I write more these days as I got sick of trying to find decent ones. I hate blatant OOC pairings between canon characters (some slightly OOC pairings I can tolerate if the story is really written well and not focused solely on the sex side of things: I've found only one author that succeeded in this) and Mary Sues. I am largely of the opinion that if you must write a yaoi/yuri/etc fic in an established genre, don't butcher canon characters to get your jollys: use create your own for it! I consider such butchering disrespectful to the creator of said canon characters....

As for what I write myself: my first 'true' foreys into fanfiction writing was Oddworld, followed by some Star Wars and Alien, and currently my focus is Halo.

That said, the majority of my fics I write right now are about OC malexmale pairings. I recently finished a major (70+ chap) story series and I kind of what to move back to malexfemale stories, maybe even a femalexfemale one...but I have two malexmale pairs that want their stories written bouncing around in my head.....

*raises hand* I write fanfiction in a few different fandoms, but the one I'm active in at the moment is Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Garak/Bashir, mostly R rated or higher although there are a few friendship fics in the mix). I write all lengths from short (a few hundred words, my shortest piece being under 100) to a 110k+ work in progress. Most of my recent stories can be found on AO3:

http://archiveofourown.org/users/prairiecr...airiecrow/works

Edited by prairiecrow

o.o I haven't replied to this thread yet? The horror!

I'm a proud fanfic author. I ship Cath/Sara from CSI, Myka/Claudia from Warehouse 13, and Sara/Sofia from CSI. I generally write one shots when I have an hour to kill, or longer stories when I get inspiration. Though I've been moving more towards original fiction now.

The way I find good fanfic is generally by either author (I have a few favorites) or by searching for the longest fics possible. Generally fics that are 500k words are not going to be a piece of censorkip.gif. And if they are, well, props to the author for writing 500k words of that.