kadoatie

Fanfiction

Fan fiction is rampant with boring, overdone plots filled with self-inserts. I liked fan fiction once but not anymore. I’m even pickier with what I read than  before and I see no end in sight for these overdone plot points in practically every fan fiction.

Ah, I'm so excited!!!

So my OTP from Supergirl is called Supercorp (the pairing of Kara Danvers[Supergirl] x Lena Luthor) and the fandom is this huge community. Last year a bunch of artists put together a fanwork magazine of Supercorp art and donated all the proceeds to The Trevor Project, and then the actresses were given their own copies and they loved it!

And this year, the fandom is putting together a Volume 2 of the zine and this time they're including a few fanfictions as well-- and out of 70 applications, I was one of 6 that got accepted to be an author for the zine!!!! :D 🙌 I'm so excited!!! They're going to give copies to the actresses again which means they're going to read MY work and I just can't believe it!! 

On 2/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, hazeh said:

Ah, I'm so excited!!!

So my OTP from Supergirl is called Supercorp (the pairing of Kara Danvers[Supergirl] x Lena Luthor) and the fandom is this huge community. Last year a bunch of artists put together a fanwork magazine of Supercorp art and donated all the proceeds to The Trevor Project, and then the actresses were given their own copies and they loved it!

And this year, the fandom is putting together a Volume 2 of the zine and this time they're including a few fanfictions as well-- and out of 70 applications, I was one of 6 that got accepted to be an author for the zine!!!! :D 🙌 I'm so excited!!! They're going to give copies to the actresses again which means they're going to read MY work and I just can't believe it!! 

I'm late as heck seeing this, but congrats, Hazeh! Is the zine out yet? I'll be the first to admit I'm not a huge fan of DC-in-general, but I always enjoy seeing fics from people I "know" even when the acquaintance is as tenuous as "seen this person posting on the Dragon Cave forums for years."

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:52 AM, hazeh said:

Ah, I'm so excited!!!

Omg, you're soo lucky! I know, I'm super late(no pun intended), but I'm also writing a few stories for the same fandom on Fanfiction.net. 

I write (and read) a lot of fanfiction, mostly from fanfiction dot net.

I checked, and it looks like there is a (very small) section of Dragon Cave fanfiction. I just wondered if there was an "official position" on this. For instance there is a really cool paragraph in the description of all our dragons that would make a lovely blurb/intro to the "world" of Dragon Cave:

"Dragons are highly-intelligent reptilian creatures that—from a human perspective, at least—appear to live forever. Many different varieties of dragon exist, each with their own unique qualities, habitats, and behavior. Adolescence in dragons is usually marked by the growth of a hatchling’s wings, although not all breeds of dragons grow wings and some breeds have other traits that indicate the beginning of maturation. In Galsreim, dragons and humans coexist peacefully."

I find it a lovely positive summary of the mood of Dragon Cave and wonder how I would go about asking to use it, or part of it (attributed, of course) as part of an intro to the world (which, frankly, should be short).

On 2/1/2023 at 4:58 AM, newtinmpls said:

I write (and read) a lot of fanfiction, mostly from fanfiction dot net.

I generally prefer AO3. Fanfiction there seems to be of higher quality on average.