Kaiserf11

Broskii Region... a new region, a new adventure

James liked Jayune's idea of healing up his pidgey right away so he pulled pidgey's pokeball and called out the pidgey. Pidgey gave James a dirty look which he ignored and kneeled down next to her. "Here take this oran berry it will help you heal." Pidgey still ignoring James accepted the oran berry and started to dig into it while James examined her wing. "Yea it's broken. We need to get her to a pokemon center so that it can get splinted and heal up." He said as he petted his new pidgey before pulling out his pokeball and returning her to it. He than turned back to Jayune. "Yes, I have a couple blankets if we plan to stay outside and I have some matches if we need to make a fire." Phanpy snorted at as he saw James taking care of pidgey his normally friendly nature shadowed by the fact that he had to share his trainer now.

Jayune laughed as pidgey gave James an evil look. "Well, let's see if we can get you a shell bell of some sort to give to your pidgey!" Jayune giggle watching him sent the Pidgey back to its ball.

"Its wing is broken." James stated. "We need to bring it to a Pokemon Center."

"Another reason why we have to get to Pring town." Jayune agreed. Phanphy looked neglected. "Oh Phanphy, James is proud of you." Jayune said to the little elephant. "He'll always love you because you're his first pokemon! Isn't that right?" Jayune stared at James.

"Yes, I have a couple blankets if we plan to stay outside and I have some matches if we need to make a fire." James continued.

"I've got a basic tent that we could share." Jayune offered. "It's a bit small but both of us could easily fit inside." She stopped. "You don't mind do you?"

James went over to Phanpy. "You know she's right Phanpy. You were my first pokemon and I will never forget that." He told Phanpy cheering him up as he kneeled down to give him a hug, Phanpy in turn wrapped his trunk around James' leg and gave it a very light squeeze.

He than stood up and turned his attention to Jayune. "Yea, the tent sounds like a good idea. I don't mind if it's a little crapped if you don't mind. I could always sleep outside the tent." He said as he pulled out his pokedex to check their location in Route 1. "Ok, we need to go......... that way." He said pointing to their left.

Edited by monkeyboy225

"Yeah!" Serena whooped with joy! She had just made her first catch as a pokemon trainer. Pansear was chattering cheerfuly; congratulating itself, Serena guessed, on a fine battle. She walked forward and picked up the pokeball containing sentret, which she slipped into her pack where she kept Pansear's pokeball. She would have to take the little pokemon to the pokemon center in Pring Town before she could battle with it; its struggles against Pansear had left it without much enrgy to fight.

As she walked along the route to Pring Town, she happened along an oran berry bush and picking one she gave it to Pansear as a reward for its fine battle. The little monkey accepted the treat with glee and gobbled it down hungrily, chattering its thanks afterwards. She had spotted a young man and his mudkip training along the way, but had decided against distrubing them, after a while she found a tree and sat underneath it for a rest, she wasn't used to so much walking just yet. What a positively beautiful day it was. "Well Pansear, how are you doing.." the little pokemon yawned, evidently he was tired, too. After a while, the little pokemon seemed to be interested by something and trotted back the way they came.

After a few moments, they came to the place where they had seen the guy with his mudkip and it seemed a pokemon battle was just finishing up.

Edited by LeopardDragon

Jayune smiled as James and Phanphy made up. That's so sweet! "No, it's fine."

James pointed to where they should be heading and Jayune nodded. "We should be able to get there within two days." She walked along the path James had gestured.

"I'm so excited for the competition!" Jayune picked up a leaf. "What's the event for though? The professor didn't explain it very well."

((The idea was he was vulnerable to being hit from above, but okay. xP I thought I left oppertunity - jumping off of Mirk's head while he attempted to tackle low was an amusing thought. I'll hint moar. Or rather, I'll hint, I know I probably haven't done that at all.))

As Mirk had hurled the Snivy into the air, he seemed to have tripped, one small-but-sturdy leg landing in a little pot-hole probably left by any previous charging attack. Even when it had recovered from this little incident, it was rather distracted, looking at the culprit hole in the ground with a look on its face as if to say 'oh, come on'. While this went on, Mirk was struck by Snviy's peeved rush, and hurtled in the opposite direction. Wincing, it rose to its feet. "Sorry..." Diomedes scratched his jaw, piecing together what happened. "I'll warn you, next time!" Nodding, Mirk faced Snivy head-on, bracing itself. It wasn't faster than this Snivy - and likely, never would be.

(That would be useful xd.png)

"Yeah, go Snivy!" Madison cheered. Mirk may have had a slight advantage in strength, but Snivy was faster... that could be useful.

"Alright, Snivy, get him while he's still down! Tackle him!" she shouted.

Snivy nodded, hurtling towards Mirk while he tried to regain his balance. Her attacks may not have been as strong as they were, thanks to the lingering effects of his growl, but hopefully her leers had lowered his defenses enough that she could still land another good blow or two.

"Hey, who won? Oh!" Serena called out to the two trainers, the other one was the quiet girl from the lab, surprisingly enough; though the instant she did, she realized that the battle was actually still in progress . She grinned at the two. "Come back here, Soot, you naughty little..." she scolded gently... the little primate chattered with glee, evidently taking far more of an interest in his fellow pokemon than in his trainer's frustration with his distractability.n Serena huffed," Pansear , return," she called aiming the creatures pokeball at him. A red beam shot out, pulling the wayward little pokemon back to its confinement as it had been when the two had first met.

"Sorry about that..." she mumbled, blushing slightly in embarressment for her mischievous pokemon.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Mirk!" Diomedes called to the Mudkip. "Your defense is better than any Snivy's! Weather the hits, I know you can!" Nodding, Mirk steeled its focus and stood strong as Snivy came closer. "Growl!" "Kip!" Mirk began a prolonged Growl at Snivy, standing firm.

Serena watched with interest. The guy was actually pretty good... if his choices of moves seemed a little odd to her... a growl? If it had been her battling she would have called for a move that was more agressive... but she figured that everyone had the right to choose their own style of battle, of course. Watching others battle was almost as fun as battling one's self. She was a little ashhamed that her and her pokemon had nearly interupted the competition between these two trainers. Yes, her naughty little monkey needed some training, yet for sure.

She grinned, maybe she should hit up the winner for a match?

Edited by LeopardDragon

Snivy simply attacked the Mudkip as hard as she could, this battle would end soon, one way or the other. Her blows were still weaker than normal, but she pressed on as hard as possible.

"Snivy... come on, don't give up! You can win!" Madison said, biting her lip. Snivy looked exhausted, but the Mudkip couldn't be any better off...

(What do you say we end this in a tie, by the way? xd.png)

((Yes. Nobody wants to lose their first battle; nobody wants to feel like an NPC in the games. ohmy.gif))

Mirk held on, growing weary - his sensory fins drooped slightly. "Now, Mirk, Tackle!" Diomedes urged. Mirk was, in terms of attack power, at full strength, but Diomedes could see the multitude of Snivy's attacks more than making up for it. Its determination was commendable. With a grumble, Mirk lunged into Snivy, tackling it aside with a full-body attack. Diomedes chewed the inside of his cheek. If Mirk could remain standing just long enough... But the Mudkip was panting now; standing didn't seem too likely for long.

Snivy took the attack at full force, but she slowly got back to her feet, glaring at the Mudkip and panting just as heavily. It was clear she wouldn't remain standing for much longer, either.

"Ah... maybe... call it a tie?" Madison offered, looking at Diomedes. "They're both going to collapse, it's not fair to keep pushing them like that."

"Well I hear there will be a tournament in the park at Pring Town but I also heard a rumor that there might even be an organized contest for trainers who want to get into pokemon competitions." James explained as he pulled the flyer-that he had gotten from Prof. Pine-out of his backpack and looked through it to see all the information provided. James looked down at Phanpy who was trotting along next to them as they continued walking. "You ready for your first tournament so that you can show your strength?" Phanpy nodded vigorously. "Your level nine, Phanpy. Every battle we have your only getting stronger."

Diomedes had already made his move towards the two pokemon. "Good call..." He knelt between the two, scooping Mirk into his arm. "You did amazingly, Mirk. Especially considering her speed and Leer attacks." He smiled, Mirk sticking its tongue out in a playful, yet tired, fashion. Ferreting through his bag, Diomedes pulled out a handful of Sitrus and Oran berries "C'mon, you'll feel good as new." "Muuudddd..." Quite happily, Mudkip gnawed on a Sitrus berry. Seating himself, Diomedes outstretched his handful of berries to Snivy, looking up to Madison. "If you don't want me offering her berries, just say. I've met some trainers that had problems with it." He smiled. "I'm Apollo, by the way. Though most people call me Diomedes, my last name."

"Hey", called Serena," That was an awsome battle, by the way, both of you." She could tell that these were people who cared about their pokemon... they had both agreed to call a draw rather than pushing the pokemon to the breaking point in the effort to win as she had heard some trainers did.

""No.... Pansear those weren't for you!" Serena was mortified... not only had her pokemon left the pokeball without permission, but it had grabbed a berry meant for the guy's mudkip. "You... are ... a very bad monkey." She scolded the little primate which promptly returned the berry it had been about to devour." Oh, you are going to have to learn some manners." She said firmly, then glanced aplogetically at the boy." he still needs a LOT of training..." she said by way of explaination. " AND you.." she continued firmly to the little fire monkey," ARE NOT to leave you pokeball without my permission... Uunderstand!"

The little pokemon nodded sadly, as if it understood that its trainer was displeased with its behaviour. " I'm sorry about that," she said once more.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"I'm Madison," Madison said with a smile as she picked up Snivy. The poor grass Pokemon had slumped to the ground, her tail leaves drooping by a considerable amount.

"You did great, you know that?" she said, giving the pokemon an affectionate rub on the head. "Come on, get some rest while I find you some food," she said, setting Snivy in a patch of sunlight and sitting beside her, reaching into the bulging bag.

She looked up at the sound of another voice, and noticed it was the girl with the Pansear from earlier that day. "Oh! Hi, sorry, I didn't notice you!" she exclaimed. "How're you?"

Diomedes blinked as a Pansear pinched Mirk's berry. Mirk didn't worry much; before he could really react, he had the berry again, so all was good for him. Looking to the second girl, Diomedes smiled. "Not at all, its fine. I've found all the primate pokemon to be prone to... Monkeying around." He blushed slightly, though, remembering this girl from moments ago. "Ah... Sorry about ignoring you back there. We were a bit engrossed in the battle." Looking at the Pansear, he placed the newly-energised Mirk down and offered it a new berry. "Heh... I know it didn't mean any harm. Mirk does, too." Mirk nodded, smiling happily. "Kip!"

As Madison stated her intention to look for food for her Snivy, Diomedes grinned, now rising to his feet. "I have plenty of berries, if you would like some."

Edited by Jeimuzu

"Other than that my pokemon needs to learn some manners? I am fine." She said with a laugh. Pansear shrugged, "Pa.. papansear." it said as if just a little ashamed of itself."And you and Snivy were great , too, by the way." She looked at the girls bag... already clearly full of supplies. She reached into her own bag and let out her new sentret, who she fiigured could use some rest, too. " I just caught it!" she said with a smile. She grabbed a couple of oran berries and let the little pokemon niblle them, hoping to gain its trust, and to restore its health a bit.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Really? Neat," Madison said, looking at the Sentret. "I'm hoping to find a Mareep sometime soon..." she said, digging through the bag. It was a horrible mess, and she had to start taking things out- clothing, a couple books and journals, pens, pencils, until she finally came to a small bag of rather crushed berries, she couldn't even really tell just what they were.

"Um.... sorry, Snivy," she said, giving her pokemon an apologetic look. "I think this is a Sitrus berry, though," she muttered, handing a bruised yellow berry to Snivy. She was looking a little better, the sun having restored some of her energy, but the moment she ate the berry, she spat it out.

"Sni!" the little grass pokemon protested, crossing her arms and looking away from Madison. The berry hadn't been a Sitrus one after all, it had been an Aspear one, and a very sour one at that.

Diomedes cocked his head to one side at the goings on between Madison and Snivy. "Madison, please tell me, what is Snivy's favourite berry flavour? If you know, of course."

"No idea," she said with a shrug. "I guess I should check," she said, taking out the pokedex and scanning Snivy, who still had her back turned.

'Snivy', it said, 'level five. Female, Hasty nature.'

"It... oh. You don't like sour things, do you?" she asked, looking at Snivy. The pokemon just gave her trainer a cold glare before turning away again.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Diomedes gave a slight laugh. "Maybe I could make something a bit... Sweeter." Placing his bag down, he stood straight. "Mirk! Pestle and bowl, please, along with a Sitrus berry and two Pecha berries!" Mirk's eyes grew wide and shimmered, recognising the necessities Diomedes needed to make quite a treat. "Muuuudd..." it uttered in awe, jumping into the bag and picking out all the requested items. Picking up the bowl, Diomedes placed the berries in and began mixing them with the pestle. A sweet aroma permeated the air very quickly.

Snivy's nose twitched at the scent, and she reluctantly looked back toward where it was coming from. She slowly made her way towards Diomedes, and looked at the bowl, feigning disinterest.

"Thanks a lot," Madison said with an embarrassed smile, focusing on re-packing her bag, this time in a much more organized manner. "Snivy, I'm so sorry, I really am..."

(Also, may not be back for a while, sorry x3)

((All is good))

"Not at all. Consider it thanks for a great first battle~." Diomedes hummed softly as he mixed the berry juice, dipping one finger in and tasting it. "Mmm... Mirk, give me one of the Magost berries, I think it'll give this a lovely edge." Mirk nodded, happily assisting his long-time friend and newfound trainer. Glancing to Madison, Diomedes smiled. "I'll give you a bunch of Magost berries if you want. Incredibly sweet taste, they'll make a lovely future treat. Snivy won't hold a grudge, it happened to me plenty of times at the lab; the flavour they don't like just puts them in a little bit of a mood."

"Tell me what you think, my little sous chef~!" Diomedes proclaimed, kneeling down and having Mirk taste a bit of the berry juice off his fingertip. Inspecting the mix and tasting it in a comically professional manner, Mirk nodded his approval. "Mmm!" Spying Snivy from the corner of his eye, Diomedes smiled, plucking a smaller bowl fashioned after an Oran berry from his bag and pouring some of the sweet-smelling pinkish mixture into it. He also picked out another container, this time a flask, and poured the remainder of the juice into it. Walking to Madison, he handed both to her. "Keep the flask for later, and I'm sure the berry juice will mean more to her coming from you." He smiled. "And don't worry about thanking or anything, I grow and find plenty of berries all the time."

Mirk, peering into all the berries in the bag, looked to Pansear and Sentret. "Mudkip!" It called to Diomedes dutifully, seating itself. Diomedes looked back. "Oh, yes- of course. Where are my manners?" He looked to Serena. "Would you like any berry juice for your Sentret and Pansear?" Diomedes couldn't offer much in the way of healing berries, but he could make nice treats.

Edited by Jeimuzu