Kaiserf11

Broskii Region... a new region, a new adventure

Diomedes watched Mirk as it continued to strike at the Poke' Doll, calculating moves and combinations that should be tried. "Mirk..." The Mudkip stopped, eagerly awaiting command. "Tackle. Into the air." With a nod, Mirk did as was told; with a running start, he tackled the doll and set it flying upwards into the air. "Now, up the tree!" "Kip!" Gaining momentum, Mirk charged up the trunk of a nearby tree. "Strike it!" "Muuuuddddd..." Readying another Tackle, Mirk leapt towards the doll. "Kiiiippp!" He struck it dead center, launching it out of sight. Stepping forward, Diomedes looked up, outstretched his arms, and caught the falling Mirk with ease. With a grin, he petting his little blue friend. "Fantastic~." Mirk gave a wide smile at the praise.

Before getting comfortable, Mirk blinked, sniffing at the air. He jumped down from Diomedes' arms, sensory fins alert as it took a sturdy stance, weighing up the Snivy within it's sights. Diomedes turned to face the trainer and pokemon; a young girl, one of the first two that came into the lab earlier. He couldn't help but chuckle at the Snivy and its obvious eagerness to battle.

After finishing her call home, and letting her sisters know that she had gotten a Pansear, which they agreed was perfect for Serena, she found herself walking in Route One, which was grassy and open. She could see patches of tall grass where she was certain that wild pokemon we were hiding. Yes indeed, Route One was a fine place, very peaceul looking and natural. Serena couldn't help but wonder, as she looked around, whether any of the other trainers she had met at the lab had caught any new pokemon or won any battles.

" What do you think Soot?" she said with a grin, "Should we see about finding you a new playmate and sparring partner?" The little Pokemon clapped its hands and grinned widely... Pansear was ready for some fun! So with her bag held close, Serena slipped into the patch of tall grass in the hopes of finding a wiold pokemon for her new partner to battle, and hopefully for her to test her pokemon capturing skills on.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Oh hi."

A boy Jayune's age had come up to her with a phanphy.

"James? Well it's nice to meet you. I'm Jayune and this is Sandshrew."

Noticing his phanphy's triumphant look, she commented "Looks like you've one your first battle."

Sandshrew nudged Jayune. "Shrew"

"Oh, hmm?" Jayune bent her head closer to sandshrew.

"Sandshrew sand!"

Jayune grinned. She was already liking her starter. "Well then James, me and sandshrew challenge you to a battle!" She pointed at James with the "battle stance" she saw on tv.

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

James smiled at the other trainer. "What do you say Phanpy?" Phanpy nodded at him and dropped lower to the ground ready to charge. "Ok, Jayune. I accept your challenge." He and Phanpy than stepped back to give them room to battle. "This should be a good fight between two ground type pokemon." He said with a grin. "Phanpy use growl and than tackle." Phanpy growled at the sandshrew before leaping forward and using the distance to build up speed for the attack.

"Hmm." Sandshrew had less moves than the phanphy but...

The phanphy growled and charged towards sandshrew with a tackle.

"Sandshrew curl up and roll away to dodge it! Then use scratch when he passes by!"

"Hey," Madison said, grinning apologetically at Diomedes. "Sorry, I guess Snivy's just a bit excited to be out. Snivy, don't bug them, okay?" she said, looking at the grass pokemon.

Snivy, however, didn't seem to listen. She was watching the Mudkip intently, her usually large eyes narrowed. She would listen to her trainer if she seemed completely against the idea... but so far, Snivy sensed no true resistance, just mild displeasure. And if the human didn't want her to battle, well, she should have made it much clearer.

Phanpy just barely missed the sandshrew as he ran past but than the sandshrew uncurled itself and made contact with Phanpy. Phanpy jumped away but the damage was already done and one of his legs was scratched. James realized Phanpy couldn't keep up the speed so he came up with a new plan. "Phanpy get in close to sandshrew and grab its leg before using flail." Phanpy listened to his trainer and charged at the sandshrew trying to wrap its trunk around one of the sandshrew's legs before it would use flail.

((Does Ryu decide what happens or us?))

"Yes!" Her tiny plan had worked. Only Jayune hadn't planned ahead. The Phanphy had wrapped its trunk around Sandshrew's leg.

"Use flail!" James commanded.

"Sandshrew!" Jayune cried out "Defense curl and try to reflect the damage with your scales!"

If she couldn't avoid the attack, all she could do was lessen the damage.

Phanpy released Sandshrew's leg as the pokemon curled into a ball and used flail. The elephant pokemon used its trunk and strength pound against the scales of the curled sandshrew. James could only watch wondering it there was any damage being done. "Phanpy pick Sandshrew up and throw him into the air, than use tackle before it hits the ground." Phanpy stopped using flail and slid the trunk under the sandshrew ball and tossed it into the air before backing up getting ready to charge at the airbourne pokemon.

Seren and Pansear slipped through the tall grass which came all the way up to above Serena's knees. Pansear chattered exxcitedly, his ears twitching all the while as he listened carefully... suddenly he hopped off Serenas shoulder and began to look at her intently , waving his hand at a spot where he had heard rustling in the grass.

Jayune watched the phanphy pound her sandshrew with flail. There didn't seem to be a lot of damage dealt...

She sweat-dropped as her sandshrew was tossed in the air. The phanphy on the ground was preparing to tackle.

"Sandshrew, scratch and roll into phanphy when you get close enough." She commanded.

James saw what sandshrew was doing and thougt of a counter for it. "Phanpy get under sandshrew and use defense curl." Phanpy stopped charging and hurried to get under sandshrew before it landed. When Phanpy got under sandshrew he curled into a ball right where sandshrew was going to land. "Good Job, Phanpy."

Jayune saw the phanphy curled into it's defense position. Her sandshrew was falling and it was almost close enough to swipe at it.

"Sandshrew, land on phanphy and quickly push off. Then jump in my direction and face phanphy." It was a confusing set of directions but Jayune was proud as the sandshrew did exactly as she had said.

The sandshrew landed on the phanphy and leaped off, using its hind feet to propel it forwards. Skidding to a stop, sandshrew turned and faced the phanphy once more.

Diomedes gave a soft chuckle. "Not at all. I've seen this before; I call it High Expectations Syndrome, Snivy are rather prone to it. It wants to know just how capable you are, and its own limits. In its own way, its a confidence boost, really." He smiled. "...Your Snivy seems pretty intent on a battle. You just left the lab, right? I would be happy to share my first actual battle with you, if you're up for it." Mirk nodded in affirmation, locking eyes with the Snivy, gaze growing intense.

After sandshrew had jumped off of Phanpy's back, Phanpy rolled over to James and stood next to him slightly panting. "Phanpy are you ok?" James asked and Phanpy nodded taht he could still go. "You a really good trainer, the way you handle your pokemon." James directed at Jayune. "Why don't we travel together and get stronger together?"

LeopardDragon ~ as they got further into the tall grass, they could heard a munchiling noise. A Sentret(lvl 2) was infront of them munching on a berry and haven't noticed the trainer and her pokemon yet and was focusing on its food...

Rainbow_Joy ~ The flyer contains the information of the event that will be held at Pring Town's Park. And I only decide what happens to you when in wild pokemon battles, in trainer battles is up to you two biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by RyuKaiser

Jayune considered James' offer.

"Deal. We can work on tag battles and doubles too.

The sandshrew was also tired, it's tail drooped on the ground. "Do you want to call it a tie and try to get to the next city?"

"Sure, the tournament in Pring city is still in two days so we still have some time to explore the tall grass for any wild pokemon." James told Jayune before turning to Phanpy. "You did a great Phanpy. Here take a break." He told Phanpy while he took out the pokeball and returning Phanpy to it. "That would be great if we could do tag battles. I think Phanpy and sandshrew would be a great team."

"Okay!"

The day was going great for Jayune.

"I want to see if there are any berries around here for out pokemon, preferably orans.

Jayune spotted a sunny patch of ground where berries might grow.

"Over here James!"

James went over to where Jayune was and looked at the patch of ground. "It looks like some berries were just picked here. A wild pokemon could still be around but I don't know if Phanpy could handle a battle right now until he eats some berries." James told Jayune. "We should keep looking for some more berries." He added as he pushed tall grass out of the way looking for a tree or another patch of ground.

Morty saw that he needed to cross another patch of tall grass before being able to continue on the path towards Prig Town. Now that Cyto was feeling better, perhaps another wild pokemon encounter would be rather useful in letting him gain some more experience. Morty stepped into the patch of wild grass and heard a rustling sound. A wild pokemon perhaps? Cyto also looked in that general direction, did he sense something?

woshiico0kie ~ Out of the tall grass a wild Patrat(lvl 2) came across them. The pokemon looked somehow confused at the encounter with a human and stared at them without moving...

Jayune took another look at the branches. They had been striped clean.

"Let's keep looking."

She continued through the grass until she found another clump of bushes. One containing pink berries and the other with blue laden branches.

Picking a blue berry Jayune broke it in half and examined the inside. "Yep. These are oran berries."

She handed one half to James and gave the other on to her sandshrew, who happily nommed on it. She could see the strenght returning.

"Sandshrew!"

Jayune picked three more oran berries and placed them in her bag carefully. "Take some extras, you never know when you need one."

She picked a pink fruit. "What are these though?"

Morty knew it. A wild pokemon! He whipped out his PokeDex and let it scan the pokemon. Hmm, a Patrat. What do you think Cyto, do you have enough energy to defeat it? Morty asked. Most certainly! Cyto replied with a smile on his face. Alright, you know what to do! Use Psywave! Cyto's eyes glowed light blue, following that, light blue rings were fired from his body, all aimed towards that Patrat.

Edited by woshiico0kie

James brought Phanpy out of his pokeball and gave him the half of the oran berry. Phanpy was happy to get some food and gleefully ate the berry. James examined the pink berrys after stuffing some oran berries into his pack and put a couple pink berries into his bag. "I'm not sure, but I say we bring a few along and maybe someone in Pring Town will recognize them and tell us what they are." He suggested and watched Phanpy finish off the berry which made him much happier. "I guess we should find the path that leads to Pring Town." James said as he looked at the map built into the pokedex.