Kaiserf11

Broskii Region... a new region, a new adventure

"Now, to finish it off!" Crystal said. "Pokeball go!". She threw the pokeball at the Rattata. As she watched the Pokeball, Bolt was happily jumping up and down at her first win.

Akira grit her teeth then said, "use this attack as another chance for a hit! Use another Tackle!" Chip quickly went forward with another Tackle, just before the Elekid hit. He was lauched back, but hoped he did some damage to the Elekid. Akira gritted her teeth and said "You can do it Chip!" Pure will power alone forced Chip to get up. He may not have wanted to get captured, but now that he was he'd do his best for his trainer.

poke11 ~ The ball hit the Rattata and dragged it inside in a red ray of light before falling to the ground. It shook once... twice.. a third time... and finally a click! was heard. Rattata had been caught!

Pokemon Caught: Rattata, level 3, Relaxed nature, increased Defense, decreased Speed

Tournament

Tom ~ The boy saw how the girl used Elekid's Quick Attack in her advantage and forced her Patrat to Tackle Elekid at the same time he attacked it. "nice move!" he thought and watched how both pokemon collapsed and flew away in separate ways. Though, the girl's Patrat was clearly getting tired, and the paralisis didn't helped it much. "ok Elekid use another Quick Attack!" he yelled. The electric pokemon nodded and ran as fast as he could and clashed the Patrat with all his might. Hopefully the move would be enough to defeat the weakened pokemon.

"YA!" Crystal yelled. She picked Bolt up and twirled her around. Then, she picked up the Rattatas' Pokeball. "Go, Rattata!" Crystal yelled. The Rattata came out. "Welcome to the team!" she said. Bolt walked over to him and nodded her head. "Now for a name..." Crystal thought. "How about... Romeo!" she asked. The Rattata nodded at the name. "OK, Romeo, Bolt, let's go train!" she yelled and Bolt jumped on her shoulder, yet Romeo stayed where he was. "Come on romeo" she called, but he stayed where he was. So, Crystal picked him up. " OK. NOW, let's go" she said as they walked off.

Edited by poke11

Akira ground her teeth again and said "Use another Tackle!" Chip quickly charged forward in another tackle, and hit, only to be sent flying from the Quick Attack afterwards. Akira quickly said "Please Chip, get up!" Chip tried his best to get up, and shake of fainting, but it was becoming very difficult.

(Why does Elekid get to hit Chip every time xd.png You always says it hits and never give him a chance to dodge. sad.gif )

Tournament

The referee watched the battle, trying to catch a momment in wich it could settled, but both pokemon fought quite well. Even the Patrat, while being paaralized it fought quite nicely. But it seemed that the Elekid was getting the upper hand on it. After some colliding moves the girl's Patrat fell to the ground about to faint. The referee noticed that and raised bith flags and said "Patrat is unable to continue, Tom's Elekid is the winner!" while waving the green flag in favor of the green haired boy.

Tom ~ Elekid walked back to his trainer. After recieving two colliding moves he had recieved some damage, but was strong enough to stay on feet. "we won Elekid!" yelled the boy while the electric type walked towards him. After hugging his pokemon in exitement for some seconds, they walked back to the back of the tent, not without telling Akira how much they enjoyed the battle.

((mainly for two reasons: 1.Your Patrat is paralized, so it is almost impossible for it to dodge attacks and 2.Because Quick Attack is a 100% accuracy, so, if you add the effect of the paralisis, it is almost impossible Elekid misses))

As they were walking, Romeo fell asleep. "Hey, Romeo. Wanna rest?" Crystal asked. Romeo shook his head. "OK. How about some training to keep your spirits up then?" she asked. Romeo nodded and jumped down from where Crystal was holding him. " How 'bout you Bolt? Wanna see what he's got?" Crystal asked. Bolt smirked and nodded. "Ya! Let's see what you got, RAT!" Bolt teased. "I'll show you!" Romeo hissed. As the team walked throughout the route, they came upon a shaking branch. "Now's my chance." he whispered and waited for whatever Pokemon that would come out of the tree.

"Dwebble, the Rock Inn Pokémon. This Pokémon can easily melt holes in hard rocks with a liquid secreted from its mouth. It makes a hole in a suitable rock. If that rock breaks, the Pokémon remains agitated until it locates a replacement."

"Wooper, the Water Fish Pokémon.Wooper usually live in water. However, it occasionally comes out onto land in search of food. On land, it coats its body with a gooey, toxic film."

"Cottonee, the Cotton Puff Pokémon. When attacked, it escapes by shooting cotton from its body. The cotton serves as a decoy to distract the attacker. They go wherever the wind takes them. On rainy days, their bodies are heavier, so they take shelter beneath big trees."

Lynn watched as the screen displayed her three choices of Pokemon. Hmm... They all seemed like good choices. Dwebble would probably have the best defense, Wooper had very useful typing, and Cottonee could probably inflict all kinds of status effects on its opponent...

What am I thinking? Lynn thought. I've been reading those books for too long... I can't just pick which one will be the most "useful." I've gotta follow my heart and figure out which one I really want!

She took another look at the screen and the choices before her. Her finger skimmed lazily over the pictures as she thought about who she would choose as a starter. Finally, she pressed a button. The machine beeped and whirred, and a Poke Ball dropped from a tube. The moment it hit the table, it popped open, revealing a blue Pokemon with no arms and two branching gills coming from the side of his head.

"Woopah!" he said in greeting. Lynn smiled and was tempted to give her new partner a hug... but then she remembered the tidbit about his "gooey, toxic film." Ew.

"Very good choice, Lynn," Professor Pine said. "Now, here are your Poke Balls..." He handed her five of the capsules, which Lynn places in a pocket of her pack. "And here is your Pokedex. It will give you information on almost any Pokemon you encounter." The girl took that, as well, and placed it in a different pocket.

"Thank you very much, Professor Pine," Lynn said. "I'll do my best on my journey!"

She and her new Wooper exited the building; Lynn held his Poke Ball in her hand. "My mom probably wants to meet you," she told her Pokemon. "But first... you need a name." She bent down so she could give the Wooper a better look. "Hmm... How about... Gill?"

"Gill" hopped up and down, smiling. "Woopah!" he exclaimed.

"I'll take that as a yes," Lynn giggled, standing back up. "Come on. Let's go meet my mom."

(OOC: Sorry this took so long to post. I tried to post it the other day, but then my computer messed up and erased the whole thing.)

(Yes but you didn't give Chip a chance to dodge Thunderwave either >.>)

Akira frowned and nodded and said "Same here..." Before going over to chip and saying "You did great Chip, you deserve a rest." She then tapped his pokeball on his head. She then sulked over to the contest tent to wait. She wasn't moving on in that competition, it was impossible if she lost.

poke11 ~ On top of the tree, a flock of Spearows passed flying. All and every single one of them cawing their "name". The massive scape made some of the pokemon in the tree to fall off. Between them, a rather cranky Spearow(lvl 3) that was apparently, lecturing the flock for their scare of the pokemon in the tree, completely ignoring the girl and the pokemon infront of it...

Alicia Jewel ~ Its ok, don't worry, I understand. It had happened to me a couple times before sad.gif

akiraa ~ Yeah, Thinderwave has a 100% chance of hitting, so it never misses. Sorry...

Tournament

As Tom and Akira left the field, the screen in the top of the tent moved to their leg, the picture of the green haired boy advanced to the next stop and then it(the screen) returned to the complete board. A voice from the loudspeakers came: "please Diomedes and Morty, come to the field to have your battle" it said before stting down. The crowd roaring in exitement, they wanted to see another good battle as the one before...

"please Diomedes and Morty, come to the field to have your battle"

Morty must have really zoned out for a really long time, by the time he made his decision on which tent to enter, he heard his name being called out from the Tournament Tent. Oh man, I wanted to enter the Contest Tent…

He walked slowly into the tent, to the area where all the other trainers were. He saw a female trainer leaving the arena with a sulk on her face, he thought, She must have lost. I hope that I won’t take it so badly… He walked towards the entrance of the arena and shut his eyes when he exited the tunnel, his eyes blinded by the strong sunlight. When he raised his hand above his eyes as a shield, he opened his eyes and saw the crowd. ”Wow, what a crowd." He said in an inaudible mutter, amidst the loud cheering coming from the people that had gathered at the stands.

He nodded to the referee who was standing at the side of the field, signalling that he was ready. He grabbed a Pokeball from his pocket and gripped it tight in his hand. He gave himself a silent cheer, Let’s do this!

Edited by woshiico0kie

Romeo took this chance. He ran straight on to the Spearow. He would show that cub. He would show Crystal. From his battle with Bolt, he learned a few tricks. When he got in front of the Spearow, he looked it in the eye, and jumped. When he was behind it, he ran right for it.

As his name was announced via loudspeaker, Diomedes looked to the sky, beyond the tent. "...Time to tango." He muttered to himself, giving a grin. Three beams of light flew from the pokeballs on his hip, enveloping each of his pokemon in turn, each nodding determinedly to one another. With a conficent, relaxed stride, he left the contest tent and headed to the tournament.

He arrived a moment after his opponent, eyes sharpening as he summed up this Morty character. After a breif second, he returned to his more casual demeanor, bowing politely to Morty before nodding an affirmative to the referee. As he did so, he placed a hand at his hip, readying to grasp a pokeball - but before he did, he seemed to be swapping them around, mixing them up.

poke11 ~ The Spearow didn't noticed teh Rattata untill it was too late. It got hit directly by the mouse pokemon and sent back a couple feet. "row?!" it muttered in confusion as it got back to its feet. The bird notice teh Rattata that had just attacked it, angered, it flew in the air while Growling at the purple pokemon and then dived towards it with its beak glowing in a bright white light...

Tournament

The referee glanced at both trainers. They both were ready to begin and already had their pokeballs in hand to begin. "ok, both trainers are ready, lets begin!" he said while waving the flags down to sign the start of the battle.

Contest

The crowd cheered in exitment, the Pansear was not only good with the moves, but was also funny. Something that might not appeal for the judges, but the crowd loved. The host took the mike and between giggles and chukles she spoke again "please give Serena and her Pansear and applause!" The crowd roared as the applauses filled the tent's space. The judges writing in their pads, some of them smiling, some not. The performance was indeed a knew type of performance and they were not sure of how to qualify it...

((now you can retire to the back of the tent))

Edited by RyuKaiser

Diomedes was the first to cast forth his pokeball. The beam of light struck the floor and took the shape of a broad lilypad, before fully materialising as a Lotad. Diomedes gave a broad grin, twirling on his heel, to which the Lotad, withoiut prompt or even looking back, did the same. "Looowwwww... Tad!" Diomedes halted his spin with his arms crossed, back straight and bringing his naturally imposing presence to bear, Ludo the Lotad taking up the best stalwart stance a Lotad could. Diomedes always wanted a dance partner, and Lotad, along with its evolutions, fit the bill. Not only that, the trainer and pokemon seemed to click. It was like they had the same rythme to move to.

Edited by Jeimuzu

Oncce back in her seat, Serena decided to watch the rest of the contest perfomances... until her name was called for the tournament battle, that was. She was incredibly proud og her Pansear... he had done well wih what he had... though she couldn't help but wish that they had had a few more moves to work with. No matter, though, that would come with training. For now, she thought with a smile, she could enjoy the show. The little monkey pokemon was chattering from her shoulder, evidently quite satisfied with itself and its performance. Serena had to laugh... her Pansear really was something of a clown!

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Romeo!" Crystal called. He wouldn't be able to dodge. The next second she saw the Spearow crash into something. It wasn't Romeo. It was Bolt! "Bolt! Are you OK?" she asked. She nodded. "Thanks." Romeo said and Bolt nodded, shaking her head to show that she was fine. "OK, Romeo. You got this?" Crystal asked. When Romeo nodded, Crystal gave him his commands. Romeo used Tail Whip for a second to try to distract the Spearow, then, he ran in a couple circles so it wouldn't know where he would strike, and so he would get a little speed. Then, when he was behind the Spearow, he pounced.

"Ok, both trainers are ready, let’s begin!"

Morty saw his opponent, a boy by the name of Diomedes, bow to him politely and decided to return the favour. When Diomedes grasped his pokeball and released a Lotad into the field, Morty did the same, with Mir coming out of his pokeball. Morty held his PokeDex up and let it scan the Lotad, a dual Water/ Grass type pokemon.

Morty decided to move first ((I hope this isn’t powerplaying! ><)), and commanded Mir to use Leer to lower the Lotad’s defence before following up with a Tackle. Mir glared at Lotad, his eyes turning bright red. Morty hoped that worked ((i.e. You can choose to dodge Leer, if it even is possible. =/)) as Mir closed in for the Tackle. The Scout Pokemon ran with all his strength, gathering up momentum as he ran towards the Water Weed Pokemon. Morty crossed his fingers and hoped that the attack would not miss.

Lax-natured as it was an individual and its species in general, Ludo was not startled by the Leer. "Hold tight." Commanded Diomedes, calm and encouraging. He knew enough about Lotad and its evolutionary line, and Ludo's nature as an individual made it naturally durable.

Ludo tilted its head downwards slightly as the Patrat came close, effectively using the broad leaf on his head as a buffer to lower the damage (a combination of not caring and leaf-shield sortakinda avoiding Leer?). As he was struck, he was pushed back, maybe a meter or two from the force, but still holding firm as his trainer had commanded. "Now," Diomedes' voice rose, taking charge. "Use Absorb." "Lo'!" Nodding its affirmative, Ludo looked up, locking eyes with the Patrat before the orbs of shimmering green energy meterialised and sapped at its strength, replenishing that of the first-struck Lotad.

((Well, no dodging Leer, but there are ways it can fail. I hope I justified it. xP))

((Well if you say so! xd.png))

Morty snapped his fingers in anxiety when he realised that the Leer did not take effect, when Mir successfully hit the Lotad, Morty regained his composure. When Absorb hit Mir, sapping away at the Scout Pokemon’s life force, Morty realised he had to do something to end the battle quickly. He was going to lose if the Water Weed Pokemon kept using Absorb.

Morty commanded Mir to get up close and use Leer, with him being up so close, the Lotad would most probably be startled, unless it was totally oblivious to its surroundings. Morty then commanded Mir to jump on top of Lotad’s leaf to gain a height advantage before using Tackle once again. This time however, jumping up and down (violently((?))), hopefully causing damage to the Water Weed Pokemon.

((I hope this doesn’t count as 3 moves… sad.gif))

Edited by woshiico0kie

((Doesn't to me.))

Ludo blinked lazily as the Patrat Leered again. While it was not completely oblivious, it had shared a lake with a Gyarados or two. This Patrat wasn't quite as scary. As Mir jumped on to his leaf, Ludo twitched, before losing footing and flopping onto the ground after an unexpected Tackle from above. "Ludo!" Diomedes called in, the Lotad bolting upright out of a latent aim to prove himself to his trainer. "Astonish when he's in mid-jump." The Lotad grinned at the little plan. As Patrat landed again, Ludo jumped in unison with it, sending the Patrat somewhat higher in the air and giving itself enough time to jump backwards, look up and, with the element of surprise still lingering, deliver a devilish, scheming and unexpectedly loud shout and cruel look, aiming to have the Patrat flinch in mid-air.

Mia happily watched the second contestant. The Pansear was a show stealer, even if it only knew two moves. She had always been a sucker for laughter and Pansear was quite the clown. Mareep and Sentret seemed to both enjoy the red monkey just as much. She looked to the boy sitting next to her; he was involved with only himself right now and was not paying attention.

She smiled at him, quickly said goodbye and left for the battle tent. She wanted to see more than just contests today; Mia wanted to see the techniques of other trainers like her. The tent was quite crowded, and though she asked both Mareep and Sentret if they would like to be back in their pokeballs, they declined. Both of her pokemon seemed not only to enjoy the crowd, but also wanted to see the battle ahead of them.

To her surprise, Mia watched as Diomedes, the boy she had met before, easily commanded a Lotad against a Patrat. The two pokemon seemed to be battling to the best of their abilities. Mia took a seat in the middle of the room with Mareep on her lap and began to watch the battle.

poke11 ~ The Spearow startled when it found itself hitting a pokemon other than the one it was battling. It turned around to find the Rattata running around in circles. Spearow tried to follow it, but was too fast, the pokemon was making it dizzy. But the circles stopped as the Rattata hit Spearow in the abck, throwing it to the tree roots. Shaking its head, Spearow got on its feet and after Leering at the mouse, it dived to wards it in a STAB Peck atatck that hit the Rattata a good two meters away before Spearow flew in the air awaiting its next move...

Mir squealed in shock as it saw the demonic look on the Lotad’s face, squirming about as it crash-landed on the Water Weed Pokemon. Mir rolled to the side and scampered back towards Morty, seeking his trainer’s comfort. Morty bent down and petted Mir’s head, reassuring him that it was going to be fine. Morty stood upright again when Mir stopped trembling. Morty continued his commands, telling the Scout Pokemon to continue with Tackle, since Leer seemed to have no effect on the Lotad. Mir scampered around in a haphazard pattern, gathering up speed and power to increase the damage of the move and to confuse his opponent. When the Scout Pokemon felt he was ready, he lunged towards the Lotad, aiming for a full body tackle.

((As Patrat flinched *andwashitwithalowdamageghostattack*, I'm hoping that lets me get away with using Absorb before Patrat runs back to Morty.))

As the Patrat crashed upon Ludo, the pokemon oppertunistically cast Absorb on his breifly vulnerable opponent - though, as it retreated momentarily to its trainer, both Ludo and Diomedes had the decorum to wait.

As Mir charged, Diomedes didn't command the Lotad to dodge as many other trainers would do in these situations. He knew what Ludo could and could not do. Patrat were fast, Lotad were not. And Ludo was best as a stable defender. He would continue to be until evolution. "Use your leaf as a buffer again, while spinning." The Lotad did as commanded as quickly as possible, broad leaf splayed out as a buffer for his front and flanks as he begun to use all six legs to spin on the spot. As he was struck by the Patrat's full-body tackle, his spinning buffer absorbed most of the impact, allowing Ludo to get away from the worst of the damage. He whirled to the side due to this, however, but momentum was the territory of his kind. "Now, Ludo, Absorb again!" "Lotad!" Teetering slightly as he regained his footing, Ludo cast the life-draining orbs at Patrat once more.