Kaiserf11

Broskii Region... a new region, a new adventure

The Hypnosis made Juliet fall into a deep sleep "Juliet wake up" Hermione cried out. But the pokemon was in a deep slumber. Then the Gastly licked Juliet with his dangerous tongue, which woke up Juliet, only to have her stumble to the ground and become knocked out. ((Darn you!)) Hermione pulled out the potion she had packed earlier and attempted to heal Juliets wounds. After about five minutes, Juliet woke up, standing strong. "I'll take that offer for the TM now, Juliets ready for more, right baby?" Juliet nodded, and fiercely pounded her hoof on the ground.

Edited by theHPfreak

"Alright then, lets have another battle, were still not going easy on you, Echo, start out with a Hypnosis, followed by Hidden Power ((Type still needs to be determined))...

"Really? Huh. I guess that makes sense... I think I actually read that somewhere, I just forgot," Madison said, going slightly red in the face. "Well... the Furret's okay and Ziggy's healed up, I guess we should get back to town. There's a tournament thing going on, right? I think I'm just going to stick around to watch it, I think my team and I have had enough excitement for one day," she said, calling Ziggy back into the pokeball.

Upon seeing Zaak and Hermione start their battle, Morty asked Serena with a grin, ”So, shall we start our battle as well?” He took out Mir’s pokeball and continued, ”Let’s go, Mir!” In a flash of white light, the Scout pokemon appeared in front of Morty, ready to start the battle. Morty said to Mir encouragingly, ”Alright, we can do this!” Mir jumped in the air and assumed his battle stance once again.

Hermione caught the machine and used it on Juliet. Juliet shook happily, and stood forward, ready for the next battle. "Okay Juliet, try out your Secret Power!" Juliet pulsed a small light, but nothing happened. "Come on girl, try it again" she pulsed a bit bigger, but no attack. "I BELIEVE IN YOU GIRL" Hermione shouted. Juliet pulsed a radiant light, and pulsed out balls of light, sending them hurtling towards Echo.

Zaak saw the balls firing towards Echo, and thought he might try something interesting. "Echo, use Lick on her while firing Hidden Power". Echo shot forward, dodging all but one of the balls, which did some damage, and went the pokemon and Licked her while shooting out pulsing balls of light.

Edited by stromzone

Seeing the pokemon shoot towards Juliet, Hermione shouted "Juliet, use growl to weaken the attack" Juliet growled cutely, just seconds before she was hit with the combined power of Lick and Hidden Power. Juliet stumbled, but then got back up. "Alright Juliet, try this, jump into those trees and use Camouflage, then fire off Secret Power again!" Juliet hopped gracefully into the trees and became completely hidden, as long as she was not moving. Then, tons of balls of light shot out from the trees and headed toward Gastly.

Sereen grinned as she , too whisked out her pokeball. "Go Flit!" She summoned out the pidgey. Nurse joy had said to be avoid excesive flying but if she were careful, a little excersize might actually do the bird pokemon some good. "Alright..., she encouraged, let us see what you can do." The little bird attempted a proud sounding growl to intimidate the Pokemon oppsite her.

Okay, Pidgey, use tackle." Sereena called out the order to her pokemon hoping that it would obey... she had never used it in battle before now.

Edited by LeopardDragon

"Sounds like a plan." Diomedes nodded, lifting Mirk so the Mudkip sat on his head. "We'll be going for both the tournament and the contest~. Both will be fun, but I have a rather disagreeable yellow Magikarp that doesn't seem to like me, so I'm hoping it'll cool down if it thinks I'm at least a competent trainer." Looking up at the mud fish pokemon, Diomedes reached up and gently tickled its chin. "Besides... Mirk has a few combinations to test, in battle and in appeal." The Mudkip, pawing at it's trainer's hand, gave a proud look. "Kip!"

"Y... yellow? Magikarp can be..." Madison paused for a moment, frowning as they made their way back to town. "Actually, I've heard of Gyrados that are red, so I guess Magikarp could be different colors. Come to think of it, I think one of my books mentioned that there were instances where certain pokemon would come in different colors. They tended to be stronger than most, I didn't pay a lot of attention," she admitted, going slightly red. "Some researcher I am..."

"Yeah..." Diomedes frowned as he thought back. Something from his own researching and work at the Lab must apply to this. "...I do recall coming across a file based on research into oddly-coloured pokemon. A lot of the top professors codename them as 'shiny' pokemon, due to the slight shimmer in their respective fur, skin, aura or scales. Some were found to have an upper hand in terms of ability to grow over the same pokemon of a similar strength, but I don't think enough were found to prove it as a fact... One thing I do remember specifically, though, is that 'shiny'-ness was consistent through the pokemon's lifetime. So, if a pokemon is shiny in its primary form, it will still be shiny in evolution." He held up the pokeball containing his hopeless fish. "...So, when it evolves, it should be red."

”Okay, Pidgey, use tackle."

”Alright Mir! Dodge to the left and use Tackle as well!” The Scout pokemon strafed to the left quickly, his Hasty nature now playing to his advantage with a boost in his speed. Mir followed up with his attack, running towards the Tiny Bird pokemon with all his might. This battle between two low levelled Normal types might be a little long, but for both their battle experiences, Morty was sure Mir would hold out.

Edited by woshiico0kie

"The little bird winced as the other pokemon's attack hit home, but Flit was evdently not about to quit. " That's the spirit," called Sereena," Now ciurcle around a give it to them again!" With that pidgey banked around as it flew in for its tackle attack. Sereena wished that her pokemon were even a few levels higher... if it was she could use sand attack to lower Mir's accuracey enough that its speed wouldn't be such an advantage.

The balls hit Gastly head on, weakening him. Zaak reached to a nearby tree and picked off a small berry. He looked at it "It's Oran alright" he said. He tossed it up to Echo, who ate it promptly. Seeing that Echo was looking much better he said "Alright Echo, I know you can't see her, but if you fired your Hidden Power into those trees, Juliet would have to move. Echo, use Hidden Power and then when you can see her use Hypnosis.

Edited by stromzone

Seeing Echo fire off the balls of light, Hermione considered telling her pokemon to dodge. Then she realized if it did, it would surely be hit by Hypnosis and fall asleep. This would mean even more attacks would hit poor Juliet. She commanded her Juliet to stay put and prepare to brace herself for the attack. Juliet responded with no movement whatsoever. The balls of light hit Juliet but she still stayed put, not revealing her location. Hermione called to her pokemon "Good girl Juliet, now use Growl again to weaken Echo's attack more, then use Hidden Power again!"

The girl had obviously considered that revealing her location would cause her pokemon to be put to sleep, but what she hadn't counted on was that the Growl her pokemon had used revealed Juliet's location. "Echo, use Hypnosis in the direction of that Growl" shouted Zaak

Hermione cursed under her breath, very angry with herself. Now that the location of her pokemon had been revealed, but the Hypnosis was already to close to dodge, she shouted to Juliet "Juliet, use as many Hidden Power's as you can, try to destroy that Hypnosis ray!" Juliet shot off a total of 5 Hidden Power's, and only after that was the Hypnosis destroyed. "That was a very strong move" she called over to Zaak. She now called to her pokemon "Juliet, finish him off with one more Hidden Power" Juliet pulsed with the energy balls and shot them off towards Echo.

((Tsk tsk lil sis, you've used a total of 11 Hidden Powers, that whole five move thing wasn't smart))

Gastly took the Hidden Power head on yet again. But then Zaak called up to Echo, telling him to use a move not yet featured in this battle. "Echo, use Spite on Juliet" He called up, then to Hermione he said "I learned that Spite doesn't injure your pokemon, but it takes four Power Points of the move you last used." Zaak smirked, knowing he had almost won.

((THAT'S NOT FAIR! I would've said Juliet used four Hidden Powers but it just seemed like five would be better. I forgot your guy had Spite. Later we have to have a rematch and I hafta win!))

The Spite had taken the few remaining Hidden Power attacks from Juliet, so she could only use her other three moves now. "Juliet, use Growl" Hermione called to her pokemon, knowing she had already lost. Juliet stumbled and growled cutely at Echo.

((You should've thought ahead Shorty, but yeah, I'll let you win another time))

Growl weakened Echo's attack, but they had already won, and everyone there knew it. Zaak called to Echo "Use Astonish, then Lick" Gastly drifted to the weak pokemon and pounced on it, then licked it with its menacing tongue of doom ((Haha, tongue of doom))

"Really? I read red Gyrados only came from Magikarp that were forced to evolve," Madison said, frowning slightly. "You know, a Magikarp might not be too bad to have on hand, either," she mused after a moment. "Maybe on the next route, if there's water. And I can find a fishing pole," she said with a chuckle. "I don't know, I bet I could just reach into the water and grab one, if I really wanted."

((Fine))

After Juliet had been hit by Astonish, she stumbled back, flinching in fear. Then the Lick move drained her remaining life force. She had lost...yet again. "Okay Juliet, return" Hermione said, holding out Juliet's pokeball, and watching the shining light come out and engulf her pokemon. She offered her hand to Zaak, saying "Good game". Then she rushed back inside ot the pokemon center and asked Nurse Joy "My Juliet's been through a lot. Could you heal her up?"

Seeing that they had one yet again, Zaak and Echo both back-flipped in rejoice, then shook Hermione's hand and exclaimed "Good game". Echo was growing to be quite strong now, and would probably learn a new move soon. "Here" Zaak said, tossing five Oran berries up to Echo, Echo cating them in his mouth expertly, then Zaak eating a few of his own. "I suppose after that we both need a good night sleep" He said to Echo. Echo shook his head in disagreement. "No? well I guess we could go exploring around town then" Echo shone a sharp grin. The two walked off towards the water on the edge of town. Gastly nudged towards the water. You want to go fishing, do you?" Echo nodded in reply. Zaak grabbed a stick and a nearby Weedle, obviously knowing what he was doing Zaak squeezed the Weedle and a silky string shot out of it. Zaak patted the pokemon on the head, giving it an Oran berry for its trouble. Then Zaak and Echo sat down by the water as Zaak attached the silk to the stick, and tossed it into the water. He then pulled it out, realizing he needed bait. He reached into his pocket and brought out an Oran Berry, and then wove the silk around the stem, before it back into the water. "Fishing is so relaxing" Zaak thought as he waited for a bite. But after ten minutes of nothing, walked off. He decided to go to the poke mart, and asked the cashier if he could purchase a backpack "I have been using my pockets, but it's annoying, and my fishing rod won't fit in them."

Edited by stromzone

Diomedes spun the pokeball on one finger. "Heh. Yeah. Getting them out of the water is... Disturbingly easy." Thinking back, though, he frowned, letting the sphere spin to halt, remaining balanced on his fingertip. "...This one attacked me, though. As in... Leapt out of the water and slapped me around the face. Then tackled me into the lake..." He blinked and gave a nervous look. "...Hoo, boy. She is gonna make one difficult Gyarados."

"It... you're kidding. A Magikarp actually jumped up and attacked you?!" Madison asked in awed tone. "The world's most useless pokemon actually attacked? I'm going to have to write this down once I've replaced all my stuff," she said, shaking her head. "I'll do that when we get to town... hopefully I can meet you at the Center later, you still need to show me how to make Poffins! If not, I'll probably see you at that tournament thing."