Kaiserf11

Broskii Region... a new region, a new adventure

Diomedes gave a polite bow. "Its good to see my cooking appreciated. Skit's should be particularly nice... They're made from my grandmother's recipe, and she adored cat pokemon. She makes an entire cake out of one great big poffin for her Delcatty and Persian to celebrate their anniversary of becoming coordinator and pokemon." Diomedes' wonderful resourcefulness with berries came from his grandparents. "...Well. I hate to abandon the conversation, but its getting late... And a friend of mine has a bit of a task at hand..." He looked back through the window of the center to Madison, whom was still there, worrying away at the fate of the Furret and its young. Chopper and Mirk, the Mudkip having enjoyed what was a bit of a power nap, had both strolled up to her, as if wanting to reassure her.

Akira nodded and said "Alright. Well see ya then!" She then picked up the boxes of poffins and put them in her bag. She then took out all her occupied pokeballs and tapped them each on the corresponding pokemons head, leaving only Skit out. Akira and Skit then went to look for a place to stay.

"Farewell~." Diomedes uttered smoothly, sidestepping back into the pokemon center, pausing for Ludo to follow him, the Lotad feeling merry and energetic despite the darkening skies. Ludo rushed ahead of him to join Mirk and Chopper, peering up at Madison curiously. Diomedes walked at a leisurely pace. "I made extra mild-flavoured poffins for the Furret and Sentret. I assume they'll all have different preferences, so mild just seemed like the jack of all trades..."

Madison gave a soft sigh of relief as the nurse finally returned with the Furret. She had been so worried, it had been taking so long for the pokemon to come back, she was afraid the poison had been too much. But aside from looking quite drowsy, the Furret seemed to be fine.

"Thank you so much," Madison said, giving the nurse a wide smile as she carefully picked up the Furret, hoping it wouldn't try to scratch her. Well, not again, anyway, the first one had finally stopped bleeding, and it was clear that she still needed to clean up her arm.

I made extra mild-flavoured poffins for the Furret and Sentret. I assume they'll all have different preferences, so mild just seemed like the jack of all trades..."

She looked around to see Diomedes and his pokemon (so many, had he really caught them all on just that one tiny route?) near her.

"Oh, thank you! I'm sure they'll like that. They... they smell okay, right? Because I don't think she'll be giving me any second chances," she said, gently rubbing the Furret's head. "And she's really strong, she could probably hurt one of us or our pokemon pretty bad."

Taking the small pouch of poffins he had made and suspending them towards her, Diomedes grinned happily. The appetising smell infused the air. "Yeah, I think they'll be acceptable. And I'm sure if you give them to her, she'll be more forgiving. Even wild pokemon have a good understanding of when a human is truly sorry. At any rate, it would be more encouraging for her if you gave them to her, rather than the shady backup guy - treat it as an apology gift." He looked as the sleepy Furret curiously.

"Yeah, I think that'll work," Madison said. After a moment, she chuckled slightly, shaking her head. "You know, the thing's out cold... imagine if I actually caught it, I'd probably cream all the rest of the people that left today," she said.

"But it'd never listen to me, would it?" she asked, slowly making her way out of the pokemon center. She wasn't in much of a rush to enter the tournament, she wanted to wait until she had a halfway decent team before she attempted gyms or anything. But she did want to be there to watch, at least...

Diomedes followed at an equal pace, listening very carefully. While Madison spoke of capturing it, Diomedes could hear in her voice that even she, more than subconsciously, thought it a bad idea. "...Yeah. It would. But..." Mirk clambered up his leg and silently flopped on to his shoulder, sensing a rather deep discussion. Ludo and Chopper sensed this also, instead withdrawing to their pokeballs without command. "...No. It never would listen to you. Nor do I think it would ever forgive you for seemingly tricking it, only to take it away from its children... And while winning is great, its only ever great because you enjoyed the battle itself. But the most important thing is the Sentret... How would they cope without their mother?"

"Badly. At best," Madison said, swatting at a few biting bugs that swarmed around her as they reached the edge of the forest. Not too far away, she could hear the sounds of the playing Sentret, nothing seemed to have harmed them.

"Alright, Ziggy? You still there?" Madison called, looking around for the Zigzagoon. The brown and cream pokemon emerged from the bushes, leaves and twigs tangled in his fur. He looked quite proud of himself, wagging his stumpy tail as he looked up at his trainer.

Madison gently set the Furret on the ground before turning to her own pokemon, smiling and giving him a small bite of the poffin- most would be going to the Sentret and Furret, but Ziggy deserved something.

The Furret slowly stirred, coming out of the poison and potion induced sleep she had been in. The moment she saw Madison, she began to growl, but... what was this? She had been on the verge of death, but now she felt healthier than she had in quite some time. The large Zigzagoon next to the girl smelled of her own Sentret, had it been left there? And now there were several strange pieces of food, each of which got a very thorough sniff. The Zigzagoon was eating it, though, and seemed fine, and when she took a cautious nibble, the only thing she could taste was the taste of several berries. Not even a hint of poison, or anything wrong.

With a reluctant nod, the Furret gathered up the poffins and disappeared into the bushes, happy to be back with her children.

Diomedes, having been contently following, couldn't help but smile at the sight of the rather proud-looking Zigzagoon. "If you wanted some poffins for your own pokemon, you should have asked." He said after observing. "They'll much prefer specially-baked ones to those all-round mild ones." As the Furret seemed to accept the situation and scampered off, Diomedes stepped closer. As he did so, Mirk stretched out one paw and tapped Madison on the shoulder comfortingly, smiling happily. "I think that counts as an accepted apology, don't you?" Diomedes asked, listening to the sound of the Furret checking up on her young.

"Yeah, can you show me how to make those when we get back?" Madison asked, looking up as she ran her hand through Ziggy's fur. When she rubbed his side, though, the Zigzagoon flinched. He growled slightly, drawing away from Madison, causing her to look back at him with a worried expression.

He seemed to be limping, and some of his fur seemed matted, covered in something that seemed like a mix of mud and possibly blood, the poor thing must have been really working to protect the Sentret!

Dr. Paine ~ Ziggy had 2 battles while you were away. It protected the baby Sentret fiercly and now is very injured after battling some Spearows and Poliwags...

((Last post considered on the second update of the list))

Edited by RyuKaiser

After they were done with dinner, Morty returned his pokemon back to their respective pokeballs, including Cyto, as he felt that all of them deserved a good rest. He began a slow walk back to the Pokemon Center, a peaceful evening walk that helped him sort out his thoughts about the events of the day. He never really wondered how he became a Pokemon Trainer and was still in the stage of accepting that fact. Sometimes he would say, ”Wow, I really am a Pokemon Trainer now…”

--Prig Town--

Morty stepped into the air-conditioned hall of the Pokemon Center and saw a girl that seemed quite familiar ((LeopardDragon this is you)). He was unsure if he should approach her, but upon seeing her Pansear, he could not help but to take a closer look. He finally recognised the girl, putting a name to her face, Serena. He started blushing again, remembering the incident back at Professor Pine’s Laboratory ((Page 3)). He started with a slight stutter, ”Hey there, I’m Morty, we met at Professor Pine’s Laboratory, if you remember. I’m sorry I sort of ignored you the last time. You see, I’m not really good with talking, especially to girls. I hope you don’t take it to heart.” He ended with a sheepish grin, his face still red hot with embarrassment from the memory of his previous encounter with Serena.

"Sure." Diomedes nodded, raising an eyebrow as Madison's Zigzagoon growled at her. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out the Max Potion Ludo had given him earlier. "Here," he said, suspending it out to her, "I don't really use Potions of any kind, so you might as well." he smiled, broad and happy. "Tomorrow, before or after the tournament and contest, I'll give him a hero's reward. I was taught how to make cake out of poffin and pokeblock~." Diomedes was rather intent on making one for each of his pokemon, anyway - win or lose, they'll deserve a treat.

Sereena who had been hanging around the pokemon center, a little afraid to talk to anyone, smiled as the kid approached her. " Its fine, I am sure you were all excited to be getting a pokemon." Sereena observed the boy closely... he appeared to be about the average age for a rookie pokemon trainer, a few years younger than Sereena herself.

Akira yawned as her and Skit decided to just stay at the Pokemon center. They went in, and Skit padded over to a girl and a boy and sniffed, until Akira said "Skit, get back here, we gotta see if we can rest here!" Skit looked at Akira and quickly ran over with a "Nya!" Akira sighed then went to find Nurse Joy.

(Leopard Dragon that was your char, and whoever's she's talking to xd.png)

Echo woke up in a soft, cushy thing. He looked around and saw he was inside that red and blue house, but this time, he felt much better. Floating upward, he drifted through the walls of the place and headed back to the tree where his master Zaak was still sleeping. He drifted onto the branch Zaak was on and hovered on it for a while.

"Thanks, but... I've got my own potions. I have to be responsible for my own team, right?" she asked, gently scratching Ziggy's head. "I've got a potion, that should work," she murmured, digging through the bag until she found one of the small, purple bottle. A couple sprays on the wounds did the trick, and within a few minutes, Ziggy was as lively as ever.

"Gotta love modern medicine, huh?" she asked Diomedes. "Can you imagine what it must have been like before we had such good potions? What did people even use to heal pokemon then?"

Ahh..," said Sereena with a smile," just a minute." She turned her attention for a moment from the boy to the little pokemon that had come up to them... a skittyt. Pansear chattered irritably from her shoulder, not entirely certain how he felt about sharing his trainer's attention with a strange pokemon.

"Here you go, little one." she laughed as she slipped a berry out of a pocket on her bag and handed it to the little kitty pokemon before it hurried off to rejoin its trainer. It occured to Sereena tthen, that she had turned down the chance to have such an adorable pokemon as her starter when she left... still she wouldn't give back Soot for anything. Skitty was a little cutie, for sure, though. She was tempted for a second to scan the creature with her pokedex as it headed off.

"OK, where were we?" she said, once again focusing her attention on Morty, whop she ubserved now was blushing incredibly. "Anyway, its fine. How do you like being a pokemon trainer? It must be interesting for you..." she didn't finish her statement fearing that mentioning the other kids wealth might embarass him further... though her brain was thinking that it must be nice to have all the privilidges and , well, stuff that came along with wealth. The kid didn't honestly fit here imidge of a spoiled, snobby rich boy, though; Serena reflected. "Anyway, I believe I already knew your name." She told him," I've heard a lot about your family since I moved here."

Edited by LeopardDragon

(It still says Surskit xd.png Up in your first paragraph xd.png)

Skit did quickly take the berry and ate it before she ran. Akira sighed as she finally found Nurse Joy.

(Ryu i leave Nurse joy to you xd.png)