Kaiserf11

Broskii Region... a new region, a new adventure

Rainbow_Joy ~ Zigzagoon was too busy cleaning its eyes to notice Sandshrew attacking it. The first Scratch landed on it and hurt Zigzagoon, th racoon cried in pain, it couldn't see and was being attacked from who knows where. After each Scratch more sand was coming over, Zigzagoon was getting angry now, all it wanted was a fight but now, it was probably its eyes would suffer. Zigzagoon tried to scape only to get hurt by yet another Scrtach, step by step it made, another Scratch landed on it. Zigzagoon couldn't run but instead, fainted due to the heavy amount of Scratches that landed on its without it able to retaliate or protect from them...

As Sandshrew continued attacking, the Zigzagoon ended up fainting.

Jayune did a fist pump and Sandshrew ran back to her. "Yes! You've gained a level and we beat the Zigzagoon! You're level eight now!"

Sandshrew rolled around in the excitement. "Our first wild pokemon victory be ourselves we did it!" "Sand sand!!"

Jayune held out her pokeball and a red light brought sandshrew back in. "Have a good rest." Jayune knelt by the Zigzagoon.

"Hey there little guy. Are you okay?" She took an oran berry out of her pack. "Eat this, it'll make you better."

Sereena managed to find a magazine to read as she sat waiting for her pokemon's visit to the pokemon center to be finished. There were a few pokemonwith the trainers in the center here that she hadn't seen before... more Unnova pokemon , she thought to herself as she buried her nose in the magazine hoping to avoid being caught people and pokemon watching.

Rainbow_Joy ~ The fainted Zigzagoon didn't react. But it sniffed the berry, its eyes open, and with its sight still really poor, it took the berry in its mouth and ran to the tall grass -with no apparent direction- away of the trainers...

LeopardDragon ~ are you waiting for me to give you a reply now? sorry, I'm confused by your post sad.gif

After a few moments, Nurse Joy, as Sereena had overhead a few of the other trainers call the young woman who had taken her pokemon to tend to them returned with her pokemon.

" Pansear and Sentret are just fine," she told Sereena," I took care of pidgey's wing, but it will be best if she doesn't fly too much on it for a couple of days, to make sure it heals well." Sereena listened carefully and nodded... though she doubted that keeping a flying pokemon from flying would be an easy task.

Her next task, then was to see the town, perhaps stop a the pokemart... a few potions and the like might be handy and her mother had given her soeme spending money to start with. Sh e also had an idea that she wanted to figure out where, exactly, the big tournament was to be held.

Imi quickly regained his senses, and pulled up in flight just before he hit Skit. Akira smiled then said "Now, use peck on magikarp, Imi, but avoid it's mouth! Skit, use another attract followed by tail whip after you dodge!" Imi quickly dove at the Magikarp's back, then went to peck, then pulled up and circled around, landing a few feet away from the Magikarp, waiting for more commands. Skit quickly jumped out of the way of the slower Mudkip, then winked at the Mudkip, pink outlines of hearts coming from her wing, and starting to circle the Mudkip. Once it was finished, whatever the outcome, she ran over, and still rather cutely, started slapping her tail in the Mudkips face.

Zaak decided to grab the item and hurry back to Pring Town. It was getting dark and he needed a suitable tree that would hold him. Rushing back he saw many wild pokemon, wishing he had time to catch one. When he finally arrived in Pring Town again, he saw a nice, big tree on the edge of town and climbed up. Then he laid back, and let Echo out of his ball. "Go ahead and explore the town, Echo, I'm gonna rest for a bit". Gastly drifted away and went to explore. ((Is it okay if I post and follow Gastly around town?))

Edited by stromzone

stromzone ~ for starters, I didn't respond 'cause I didn't saw it... sorry tongue.gif Second, you cannot go back to the middle of route 1 -which is where Rainbow and monkeyboy are-, you should go to Prong Town and either explore the town or finish your day since you've already signed up for the tournament...

((I feel so happy when someone calls me Rainbow..... I dunno why. Back on topic. Soo do I not respond to it?))

The zigzagoon ran off with the berry in its mouth. Jayune was questioning herself. "Huh. Maybe I should have caught it." She grabbed a stick and drew a diagram in the ground.

Reasons for catching:

It's cute

It was persistant.

It was a cool pokemon

It had fainted right in front of me

Reasons not to catch it:

Didn't know if I wanted it.

It was stalking me

It ran away.

I only have five pokeballs

Jayune stepped back and looked over the reasons. "I used a lot of "it"s." Wasn't there something her mom was saying when she cut her off? No it wasn't that. Professor Pine? did he say it? No, it wasn't Professor Pine. Jayune knew she forgot something.

"Wait a sec. Didn't someone tell me that you can catch as many pokemon as you wanted? You just need to buy pokeballs and sent extras back to the lab." A look of horror passed over her. "Aww my first wild pokemon capture! I should of caught it instead. Craperdoodle."

Echo floated away from the tree. He saw a big red and white house, and remembered that was where Zaak had brought him to register for the tournament. The tournament..."what would that be?" Echo wondered. Then he saw something incredible. There were many large houses except they didn't have doors and they were really not so house shaped. They looked like they would just float away if they were not tied down. "That's probably the tournament" Echo thought "So I shouldn't go there tonight before Zaak does". Echo wandered back over to the red and white house, and suddenly he felt a little bit hurting on him, it felt like the ember that other pokemon had shot at him before, except it was constant. He drifted right through the house's wall. There was a nice looking lady behind a counter. He went towards her, but she seemed a bit frightened. Then, he collapsed on the counter, still hurting...

As Mirk was under assault, Tiamat looked at the Skitty, eyes narrowed. The Magikarp shrugged off Spearow's Peck - her defense gave her relative impunity here, especially against the Spearow's attack power. This cat was preventing her teammate from doing something! "Tiamat, focus on the Skitty! Swap targets with Mirk!" Diomedes called, seeing the Magikarp's mild anger redirect itself. As Mirk endured the weak but numerous hits from Skit's tail, Tiamat flopped over and bit down hard on Skit's wonderful lure-like tail, again intent on simply not letting go. Mirk, after stumbling, broke through his awe-inspired gazing at Skit and used Growl to further weaken attacks against either him or Tiamat, leaving Imi momentarily untouched.

(With as many tail whips that Mirk probably took his defense is probably way low xd.png And I feel bad for Magikarp, why? You'll see *devious laugh*)

Skit looked back at the Magikarp, but with it saw her tail move. She went "Nya!" And started chasing her tail round and round, being used to doing this it didn't make her dizzy, but it probably would make the magikarp. Akira chuckled and said "Keep that up Skit!" She then said "Imi, use rapid pecks on Mudkip! Keep flying around it while you do so!" Imi quickly launched himself in the air with a "Spearow!" Then started flying in circles around the Mudkip, landing behind it and pecking it every now and again.

((Oh, heavens yes. But while you can hurt Mirk, for he just a humble Mudkip, Tiamat is the worlds most focused and angry Magikarp with a defense increase. >D And my Mudkip ain't afraid of no leetle bird. O<))

Tiamat's single-mindedness prevented dizziness - she was looking directly at Skit, and nothing else. "Tiamat, Splash!" The normally void and numb look on Magikarp's face changed into one ever so slightly menacing. Beginning to thrash about with Splash, she proceeded to reverse the roles, now hurling and smashing Skit about. Mirk, now suffering under Imi's assault, proceeded to Growl, evening out the damage it could inflict. "Mirk, spin while using Mud Slap!" The Mudkip proceeded as told; despite wearing down, he had the advantage against Spearow - in the form of high attack versus low defense. Balancing on his head, Mirk began to fling mud around itself, gunking up Spearow's wings and repelling pecks, while lowering accuracy. "Now, Mirk," Diomedes called in, seeing opportunity. "Tackle it when it lands!"

Edited by Jeimuzu

(- but my pokemon have been RELENTLESSLY offensive on Mirk, he should be fainted, And no magikarp is THAT strong or defensive, even with increased defense.)

Akira gritted her teeth then said "Spearow, land farther away from Mirk then use leer. Skitty, use your speed as strength and run around and use tail whip!" Spearow quickly dive bombed to the ground as far away from Mirk as possible. He had taken quite a bit of damage from the mud slaps and landing, but was still standing. He then scrunched his face into a scary leer, and to add scaryness spread his wings and shouted an intimidating "Spearow!" He could actually see just fine, no accuraccy last at all from his ability, keen eye, Actually all the mud that landed on his eyes just rolled off. Skitty picked up the speed, with it able to bipass the Magikarps Splash, And started cutely, but strongly, flicking her tail while running around in circles, and even slapping it on the ground, she was also flinging it towards Mirk so that if, or as Skit was sure, when the Magikarp let go she'd fling it towards the Mudkip.

((Yeah, Mirk was a goner when he went for Skit anyway. And actually, Magikarp's defense, being base 55, is the highest in this matchup. And not many attacks have landed on it, namely being between 1-3 pecks. Which, from actual experience in-game, isn't enough to lower its health anywhere beyond half [assuming they are similar levels]. Also, in terms of hurting Mirk, Skitty's attack is not only lower than his defense, Tail Whip damage is only anime + very low, and Fake Out is, since 5th Gen., Tackle, so Skit's attacks wouldn't amount to as much as they seem. Imi would hurt a lot, and does, but the level difference means a lot too. Also, everything in my team is +Defense in their natures. So no, Mirk wouldn't be fainted - Skit pulled off 2 Fake Outs with his defense at full, the rest was Tail Whip [which was used after Fake Out, so no -Def bonus to it] and Attract. So, being technical, those combined with maybe 2 Pecks from Imi = Mirk at 1/8th health. So, say, one more Peck/Fake Out, Mirk goes down. I'm nerdy like that. And Magikarp doesn't do much damage, just makes an inconvenience of itself while dealing as much damage as Tail Whip does - it isn't actually being strong at all, just determined. And if we be select about who should faint, Spearow should very soon, having low HP + low Defense and being worn down by lots of very low damage.))

Diomedes' eyes sharpened. "Now, Mirk!" The Mudkip was tired, even if it didn't show it; Diomedes knew it too well. "Tackle, you can do it!" Leaping out of its spin, Mirk charged headlong at Imi, Leers effect meaning very little at this point. With a leap and a lunge, Mirk aimed to strike Imi square in the chest while it Leered, leaving little reaction time. Magikarp simply kept Splashing; She was much faster than this Skitty, and with similar weight, Skit was unlikely to throw it off any time soon.

((Also, just so you know, Mirk is the only one in the team above level 5 - so no, I'm not clawing at a victory, you've got me outmatched anyway in terms of levels. But maths says it takes a while for you to do anything, where Mirk could have fought back. If not for Attract. In terms of tactics, you had me down for the count from the moment you used it.))

(Skit is lvl.10 and used a tackle on Mudkip after at least one tail whip and a fake out, and used tackle on magikarp as well, Imi is lvl.5 and his is base stats period while Skits attack is increased by its nature and speed decreased actually.)

Akira gritted her teeth but said "Use Peck!" Imi quickly landed a peck on the mudkip as soon as he landed the tackle. Imi stumbled back, sadly said a "Spearow!..." Before collapsing on the ground, fainted. Akira frowned, But returned him. She sighed then fished around and found the pokeball she was looking for. She pulled it out and said "Rat! Come on out!" A white beam shot from the pokeball and the little Rattata appeared with a "Rata! Ratatat!" (Rat=lvl.6 moves=tackle, tail whip, quick attack Nature boosts sp.defense decreases sp.attack) Skit went "Nya! Nya nya nya!" Trying to get the Magikarp off. Akira thought and said "Skit, smack the magikarp against a building or tree!" Skit ran over to a nearby building and used Tail Whip to slam the magikarp into the building.

((Mirk's defence is increased. Still higher than Skitty's attacks, even with that raised. Mirk attack is still greater than hers even with hers raised, anyway. Same goes for Magikarp's defense. Mirk is level 8, so Skit's damage is still sub-par, attack totaling less than his defense. And I assumed Imi was higher-levelled, so the total damage still comes to you not quite having him faint - more damage than I'd have calculated, but still not quite a faint. And Magikarp wasn't close to fainting anyway. And if Skit is decreased speed, she's the same speed as Mirk, so I've been handicapping myself - Magikarp was the fastest anyway. Either way, my assumptions were all in your favor save for attack power.))

((Also, calm down, don't abuse the Magikarp or the building. This is still pokemon, you know. XD))

With a soundless gasp, Mirk collapsed where he stood, fainting. The beam of light from the pokeball enveloped the Mudkip and withdrew him - Diomedes cradling the pokeball containing his little blue friend tenderly. Before Skit could obey its trainer's commands to try and get Tiamat off, another beam of light withdrew her, too. the Magikarp cried out as it was withdrawn, as if angry about it. "Karp! Karp- Karp! Magikarp!" Diomedes gave a slightly saddened smile. "Yeah, yeah, I know. You won't forgive me." He muttered, sighing. he looked to Akira and smiled more broadly. "Congratulations, you win- I wasn't going to best that charming little cat of yours..." He looked at the Skitty and cocked his head. It seemed very close to its trainer, which was good. "You tell me the berry preference, I'll make your poffins~."

Sereena walked own the street to the pokemarrt, and once inside, she happend to realize that she really didn't know where to sign up for the competition that was to be held... and she did want to join, if she still could. Sereena could have facepalmed herself just then for not having cfound this out before now, but still,...

She finally decided upon asking the gentlman behind the counter if he knew anything about it. "Excuse me..." she started, a little embarressed," i want to sign up for the competition that is going to be held in town, but I am not sure I ever found out where we were supposed to sign up for it."

Edited by LeopardDragon

Akira smiled, and Skit ran over to her trainer. Akira got down and said "Great job Skit!" She then hugged her. Skit happily said "Nya!" Rat huffed, and sat down, starting to gnaw on a stick he found. Akira laughed, and the little rat pokemon was engulfed in a white light, and sucked back into his pokeball, which Akira then tucked away. Akira then thought and said "Well, Skit likes Spicy and dislikes Sweet berries. Rat, my Rattata, likes Dry berries, and dislikes Sweet berries. Imi, my Spearow, likes nor dislikes anything. Swirl, my Poliwag, likes Bitter berries, and dislikes Spicy berries. And Chip, my Patrat, likes Spicy and dislikes Bitter berries." Akira nodded and said "And that is there preferences... I think." She laughed then and said "Oh, I'm Akira." Not remembering if she introduced herself or not.

Giving a nod, Diomedes grinned, only just now learning the girls name. How rude of him not to at least introduce himself before all this. "I am Diomedes." He said, giving a courteous bow. "So, thats two sets of Spicy poffins, one of Dry poffins, one of Bitter poffins, and one of Mild." He nodded. "I'll have them made for you quickly~." Dipping his head politely to her, he stepped back in to the pokemon center, releasing Mirk into his arms and gently funneling some berry juice into his mouth to revive him. "You go rest... You did great." He whispered, cuddling the Mudkip happily. Mirk, simply relieved his trainer was happy, sighed, nodding off in Diomedes' arms. Seeing as the skies were beginning to darken, Diomedes placed Mirk on one of the waiting room seats to sleep for a while, releasing Chopper and Ludo to help him cook - with a bit of convincing, a local's Growlithe provided the heat to cook up the batch of poffins the Bidoof, Lotad and their trainer made. Soon enough, there were six wicker boxes just larger than an adult human's palm; Two containing red, spicy poffins, ten in each, one of a tan-coloured mild flavour, again with ten poffins, the next two containing ten green bitter treats and pink, sweet ones respectively. The final box was smaller, containing only five, made pinkish-red, again spicy, specifically to improve Skitty's fur coat.

Akira nodded at Diomedes, then sat down outside to wait. She released all her Pokemon, and gently picked up the fainted Spearow. Akira cradled him, then sighed and said "You did a good job Imi." Hoping he could hear even in his sleep. Akira then sat him down, and smiled at her Pokemon "Soon Diomedes, a friend I just met and battled, will bring out some poffins. I brought you guys out to taste them." All the Pokemon looked at each other, than sat down to wait.

LeopardDragon ~ "oh! hi, well, if I remember correctly, you should sign up for that at the pokemon center, at least that's what I've heard from the trainers that have come here" said the old man in a thoughtfull tone...

((you could've just asked at the OOC thread xd.png .... and you can RP all the signing up, don't worry, you don't need me to do that smile.gif ))

(( I know I could have, but I thpought it fit with the charrie, too, so.))

"OK, thanks" she answered, thankful that the people in town were so helpful."C'mon Soot, we nee to go get signed up." The little pokemon, which had once again climbed aboard its Trainer's should, had been quiet for a while, still displeased about the checkup, and didn't answer.

"Soot..." Sereena called to the little monkey, hoping to coax him out of his sulk. The plan appeared to work, and the pokemon finally relented, chattering busily at its trainer.

Sereena remebered, then, the other reason she had stopped in the mart, too... "Oh, and I will take a couple of potions, please, " she told the old man, pulling out some of her cash to pay for the items he wanted. In a short time, the purchase was made and Sereena was on her way back to the pokemon center. Once inside she efairly easily found the sign up near the front deskk and signed her name to it... though she did hope she would do well. This would be her first experience at battling anything other than a wild pokemon... maybe she could find another trainer aroundf to interested in sparring before the festivities began.

Diomedes, with Ludo's help, took the six boxes out of the center and presented them to Akira and her pokemon - the smaller box and one of the ones containing the spicy poffins in Diomedes' hands, the Lotad carrying the other four upon his leaf. "Okay-" He spun on one heel and smiled, placing each box down from Lotad's leaf. "Red is spicy, blue is dry, green is bitter and grey is mild - if you ever forget, the pokemon will inevitably sniff out their favourites. And these..." He held out the smallest box to Akira. "Add a nice sheen to Skitty's coat." Rising back to his full height, he bowed his head courteously. "Now that is done... I'm Diomedes. Its a pleasure to meet you."

Akira smiled and all her awake pokemon grabbed there favorites, Skit grabbing one that add a sheen. Akira nodded and said "Hello Diomedes, I'm Akira!"