sarrepta1

The saddest books

All the books in the series Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness, and ASOIAF by George R. R. Martin, and The Kite Runner. sad.gif(

The first book in Chaos Walking (The Knife of Never Letting Go) made me cry so bad, and I was in class.

Of WWII I would vote Mauthausen of Kambanellis. He describes his experiences as a prisoner in there.

I know I've already posted a ton, but on a WWII note I think The Book Thief was a very sad book

Jane Eyre T-T I cried at the end :c I'm also a sucker for sad movies. I'd bawl my eyes out D;

The Fault In Our Stars and Looking for Alaska, both by John Green. I'm sure there are more, but I try to stay away from too sad books and these are the only ones I remember.

Jane Eyre T-T I cried at the end :c I'm also a sucker for sad movies. I'd bawl my eyes out D;

O_o but jane eyre is not a sad story o_O

I know I've already posted a ton, but on a WWII note I think The Book Thief was a very sad book

I'm reading The Book Thief right now. I'll let you guys know if it makes me cry by the end.

Other sad books... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows made me cry. So many wonderful characters died... T_T

Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay made me sad too, because so many people died. At least in Harry Potter the surviving characters got a happy ending, but I felt like the same could not be said for Katniss. In fact, the ending to Suzanne Collins' other series that I've read, The Underland Chronicles, made me really sad too. Does she like torturing her readers?!

Another one that made me sad was the final book in Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus trilogy, Ptolemy's Gate.

The Final Battle (Chronicles of Narnia) makes me cry every time. (Although I just realized that this one is more bittersweet than purely sad...)

I cried at the end of Brandon Mull's Beyonders trilogy.

So yeah... Basically, anytime a character dies that I love, that'll make me cry. I am such a sap.

Edited by MissVampire13

The Last Elf by Silvana De Mari is one of the saddest books I've ever read but it was definitely worth reading. The same goes for its sequels.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is the saddest iv'e ever read. I cried all evening after I had read it.

The ending of A Seperate Peace was highly predictable, but still managed to be rather depressing.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

The Fault In Our Stars is by far one of the saddest I've read, The Last Song made me sob in English, but the teacher understood thankfully. Most emotional, for me anyways, was Faking Normal, just finished it last week, still mumbling about the unfairness of it all.

Edit: Oh my goodness, couldn't type today

Edited by RueRajaram

Petey. It wasn't sad so much as bittersweet and incredibly touching, but this book has done the best job at capturing emotion than I've seen in a long, long time (I'm looking at you, Fault in our Stars.).

A Child Called It

This is basically his life story and it is soo messed up I cried multiple times I just can't believe a mother would do that to any of her kids >.< there are some really sick people in this world :/

Sadly there's 2 books sad.gif

Sad books?

The Fault in Our Stars by John green is really sad at the end mainly and i cried reading it, omg

Allegaint by Veronica Roth is another book i cried in..

I dont normanlly cry in books, though...

Legend of Luke from the Redwall series is the one I most clearly remember.

Also, Mockingjay, where Finnick is reunited with Annie

I'm reading The Book Thief right now. I'll let you guys know if it makes me cry by the end.

Other sad books... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows made me cry. So many wonderful characters died... T_T

Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay made me sad too, because so many people died. At least in Harry Potter the surviving characters got a happy ending, but I felt like the same could not be said for Katniss. In fact, the ending to Suzanne Collins' other series that I've read, The Underland Chronicles, made me really sad too. Does she like torturing her readers?!

Another one that made me sad was the final book in Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus trilogy, Ptolemy's Gate.

The Final Battle (Chronicles of Narnia) makes me cry every time. (Although I just realized that this one is more bittersweet than purely sad...)

I cried at the end of Brandon Mull's Beyonders trilogy.

So yeah... Basically, anytime a character dies that I love, that'll make me cry. I am such a sap.

Underland Chronicles? Like, the gregor the overlander series? Because if so, I totally agree. Never since The Animorphs series has a book series shown children what battles are really like... what it's like to see your friends and loved ones die, and the fear that you might have to go back and do it all over again.

Definitely definitely the most serious childrens' fantasy series I've ever read.

Petey. So good, but so sad. Pretty much the only book that made me actually feel bad inside.

The Book Thief made me cry myself to sleep

Little Women I had to stop and put the book down for a minute to cry at one part

Ive only seen the movie to the book thief and it is very sad. Ihave not read it but I have also heard that the Notebook is very sad.

The end of Allegiant was also sad.

The end of Safe Haven is also

Ive only seen the movie to this one but it was sad. THe Fault in Our Stars. There are others that are sad and I will mention them later. BTW if you see me mention kid books its because I am a kid. Just a warning

Edited by Spottedleaf

I saw some of the sad books there already, like Flowers for Algernon and Where the Red Fern Grows. Now here are all the books that genuinely made my cry my eyes out, and for good reason:

(Saddest is at the bottom, least sad is at the top)

The One- The Selection series (The book wasn't even that sad, but some parts got to me)

The Fault in our Stars

Allegiant- The last book of the Divergent trilogy

Champion- Last book of the Legend series

The Clockwork Princess (Epilogue)- Last book of the Infernal Devices series

Definitely "The fault in our stars" - I'm still not sure how I managed to pull it through to the end of the book. I literally cried enough to turn a desert into a rainforest over night. Why are you doing this to me, Green? sad.gif