sarrepta1

The saddest books

BLISS by Lauren Myracle

It's also of the horror genre, but the ending was sad to me.

I think the first book that made me cry was Uncle Tom's Cabin - I read it when I was about ten or eleven years old. I just couldn't help it when Uncle Tom died. :/

And I recently read The Little Prince. Ten years after I read it for the first time (and didn't understand any of the symbolism. I was eight, after all...) I cried my eyes out. I simply don't understand why anyone would call this a children's book.

When I think about it, I can cry to almost anything - books, films, songs... I don't know what's going on with me. Probably hormones. laugh.gif

Oh, and Jane Eyre was pretty depressing at some moments (I finished it last week) but I managed not to cry on that. tongue.gif

I thought 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro was extremely sad. By the end, my heart was in tiny little pieces, and I knew it would turn out the way it did right from the start, but there was a part of me that hoped...

I cried a lot during the fifth and seventh Harry Potter (Sirius and Fred sad.gif )

But the saddest and most haunting book I ever read was "Der Märchenerzähler" from Antonia Michaelis. It's a German book and will be published in English in September 2011 with the name "The Storyteller". It's ... it's horrible to read, so real, so cruel. It nearly broke my heart and I still can't stop thinking about it.

Other books which let me cry were "The last Elf" from Silvana de Mari. So beautiful, so sad.

The there is "The High Lord" from Trudi Canavan. Akkarin! Why!

Suzanne Collins Hunger Games made me also cry a lot, as did Brandon Sanderson Mistborn Trilogy.

I cry a lot while reading, but I can't stop it. A good book has to make me cry.

where the red fern grows, marly and me, old yeller. mosty cried on red fern and old yeller. marly the book and movie

Call of the Wild =/ I was sad when a master he has come to care for is killed.

@SilverWind

never read old yeller but i watched it and i was sobbing XD

I picked up if i stay by Gayle Forman recently. And yes, it did bring out the tears.

Besides that, Flowers for Algernon also made me cry.

Edited by Aeria

Usually I don't like sad books. But Where the Red Fern Grows was a definite when it came to my tears. I was so sad at the end of the book.

The first Hunger Games book also made me shed a tear, but I can't say for the rest of the series because I haven't gotten to it yet.

The fourth Warriors book, Rising Storm, almost brought me to tears with Yellowfang's death near the end. Why does Erin always have to kill off the best characters? *coughScourgecough*

Oliver Twist, fairly sad. I read fantasy, not much sadness but my current book looks promising for this topic.

Paper Towns (John Greene)

I always thought Looking for Alaska was more sad.

I just finish reading Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why and I think the story is sad.

The saddest book I had read so far.

Oh Mockingjay by Suzzane Collins almost made me cry because of what happen to Finnik I can't still get over it sad.gif

I only read sad books so I have a nice list:

room

love, Aubrey

poison study (series)

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Hurt Go Happy

will post more later

Edited by amyrokz

I only read sad books so I have a nice list:

room

love, Aubrey

poison study (series)

tigers curse (series)

will post more later

also adding to it I have:

gone

the art of racing in the rain

going for the record

across the universe

the breadwinner trilogy

Kissing Doorknobs was a good sad book. Also very eye-opening if you've had no personal experiences with OCD.

Oh - Zink! I know it's a child's book, but wow. Beautiful but very sad.

I know there was a Redwall book that was also very sad but I'm hard pressed to figure out which one (or ones) without having them on hand. x3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I am David made me cry the first time I read it. I agree with the later Harry Potter books being sad as well. A friend gave me a spoiler and told me that Sirius would die, but I didn't believe her, and then when he did die I was really upset. Then even more so, when Tonks and Lupin died. They'd just had a baby! That upset me more than it should have done. :/

I personally found The other Boleyn girl really sad as well. I knew the history, so I knew Anne was going to die, and that didn't bother me too much... but George! He was so lovely and he didn't do anything wrong! I knew it was coming, but that still upset me a bit.

My Sister's Keeper and Nineteen Minutes. Love Nineteen minutes but very sad too.

Kissing Doorknobs was a good sad book. Also very eye-opening if you've had no personal experiences with OCD.

Oh - Zink! I know it's a child's book, but wow. Beautiful but very sad.

I know there was a Redwall book that was also very sad but I'm hard pressed to figure out which one (or ones) without having them on hand. x3

Martin the Warrior? There are some sad parts to that.

Where The Red Fern Grows made me cry so hard... I hated that book. I found it incredibly boring, the only exciting part was the fight scene at the end, but the very end was sort of bittersweet.

And A Dog's Life. It made me cry, but more of happiness than anything. One of the few dog books I've read that hasn't killed off the dog in the end.

Bridge to Terabithia would have been so great if... I'm not gonna give away the ending, but those who've read it will know what I'm talking about.

Love, Aubrey was also a sad book. The main character went through so much tragedy and heartache that it was hard not to cry, even though it had a happy ending.

The Tiger Rising man that was an awful book. And so sad...

The Sight in my opinion the ending was completely ruined by what happened to the main character.

And several of the Warriors books. Especially the recent one where the lake freezes and the cats are out skating on it...

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Bartimaeus Trilogy. Just why why Jonathan Stroud why.

I am still incredibly not okay with J.K. Rowling separating Fred and George though. Nope. Sobs everywhere.