DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted 'none' but I was lucky enough to catch a tinsel off the AP yesterday (and it wasn't LiT)

I am very grateful to the person who dropped it for anyone to pick up, I wish I knew who you were!

I didn't expect to get a tinsel for a very long time, if ever.

If I am lucky enough to breed any, after gifting to my daughter and someone who has helped me on DC, I will be dropping them in the AP also to share the fun. biggrin.gif

I don't have a tinsel nor anything to trade for one. I'm contented just looking at pretty tinsel lineages when I see them in hatcheries. smile.gif

I hadn't wanted to post that a wonderful person had gifted me a beautiful Silver Tinsel while the little one was vulnerable to curiosity Views, but now he could actually use some, lol.

I have a 'mystery' gifting list (not telling anyone until it's their turn, lol, it's a surPrize dragon) of over 20 people, a drop in the DC bucket, yet out of that relatively small original group, (might take over a year to successfully breed for and gift to them, though, lol) some of whom I really 'know' only from seeing their posts, I have seen that several have already acquired Tinsels in the short period between my receiving this astonishing gift and this post.

I don't know how many more recent recipients may simply not have wanted to risk overViewing by posting that they have one, but I should think it quite likely that others beside myself would be a little protective of such treasured new acquisitions while young and potentially at risk.

But there ARE many people gifting as quickly as they can produce Tinsels.

If they reproduce well, it won't be long before many of us have at least one, and possibly all, types.

So don't worry, be happy!

No single one of us can possibly gift to everyone that we'd like to, but with so many of us working together, the love will spread all around, sooner or later.

I voted only for gold. Now I have 2 golds and a silver egg. I guess getting a bronze shouldn't be a problem now tongue.gif

I have all colors now huh.gif

I don't have any and I don't care much about them either. Since they're prize dragons I was actually quite surprised to find out they could breed. Kinda defeats the purpose of having prizes when everyone will be able to get them eventually.

Why does everyone want a Tinsel anyway? Do people like the design so much? Or is it really only because they are (were) super rare? That is what a friend told me.

So if the most people only want one because they are super rare and they therefore will be breed to no end than the Tinsels will get less rare or am I wrong?

I think it is stupid to have a dragon only because it is a super rare one if one don't like the design.

Um I don´t have any of them yet. Can´t trade because I don´t have that good dragons :/

I don't want a tinsel because they're rare. I want one because they're flippin' gorgeous! Oooo I want some of that hotness on my scroll xd.png

I imagine they'll be like Vampires. When I was first playing Vampires were so rare. I never ever got one. I forgot about dragons cave for a year or two and when I came back my first lock was 4 vampire eggs. Over time they'll be much easier to catch.

I don't have one yet, my self but I'm hopeful!

I don't have one. sad.gif

Is there any way to get them other than look on AP? I've never even seen one there.

I don't have one. sad.gif

Is there any way to get them other than look on AP? I've never even seen one there.

People have dropped them on Departure Threads - keep an eye on those.

They've been dropped in FFAs on the IRC, if you hang out there.

People have been surprise gifted out of the blue, sometimes by total strangers.

People have dropped them directly into the AP for random fast-clickers.

Just hope that they reproduce well and often, because chances will go up all the time.

Just to mention, in answer to previous comments - only the Prize winners have CBs.

Personally, I don't see that it detracts from their epic win to enable the winners (and those who continue the lines) to gift or trade babies to others who otherwise would never have any.

It actually enables them (and others) to trade for dragons they might otherwise not get and/or give gifts that will lift the spirits of all recipients.

Both winners and non would have been very disappointed if the Tinsels had been unable to breed, or bred like rares.

Speaking for myself, I think this ability to breed and pass on the Tinsel lines is great, adding a little extra interest, excitement and community spirit to DC.

Lol, this posting was long delayed, had to leave mid-way to get lunch for Mother...

I've got two golds and a bronze. Also on another bronze list. I'd like to have a silver sometime since those are my favorite.

Blurgh. I have none so I'd say I'm with that approximately 77% of all those that don't have one. It was a lovely idea. I do hope TJ in future might do another contest that might introduce another few breeds as prizes. But, please God, no more tree decorating because I am total crap at that for sure. laugh.gif

I have a Bronze now and hope will have in future a trade for a beautiful Silver smile.gif

also I have an IOU of Gold, so seems I'll have them all one day.

Edited by ksew

When I get my holly, I am gonna trade it for a gold stairstep tinsel. 3rd gen. smile.gif But, no, no tinsels here.

Why does everyone want a Tinsel anyway? Do people like the design so much? Or is it really only because they are (were) super rare? That is what a friend told me.

In my opinion the sprite is rather pretty looking. But I also desire to have one of every kind of dragon, regardless of the rarity, so that adds to why tinsels are appealing in my eyes too.

I'm sure that rarity plays a part in it too. If they were completely common some would hold off on getting them 'eventually' instead of looking actively. But I'm pretty sure many aren't after them just because of their rarity.

And to keep this reply on-topic: I have no tinsels. I'm potentially on a waiting list when it starts, but I have no other leads unless my metallics cooperate. So... one day!

I want them because they're shiny. Infi is a shameless shiny hoarder. :B Also because I'd need them anyway for scroll completion goals. And the sprite as a while is really pretty...I like the way the wings are posed.

And now I have my first gold tinsel! :D Now I've got all three ~

Congrats Infinis biggrin.gif

I would like a tinsel because their posture reminds me slightly of one scene with Gollum from the LotR movies. wink.gif And because I find them pretty.

I voted for NONE ^^

I would love to have one cause im a collector, i love getting new dragons. The second reason is cause they are so cute! Their smile is sinister wink.gif

BTW is there any list i can sign in or just try to catch on AP (_hard)?

I love the sprite very much smile.gif and I want to breed cool lineages with them and to gift people to make someone's day biggrin.gif also I want them as they are rare and thus helpful when trading. I also want to have 2 2nd gen of each, Bronze Silver and Gold, male and female, for scroll goals (I know it'll be hard but I'm not in a hurry. one day I will get them smile.gif ).

but the most beautiful sprite of them is Penk. oh, if only I could have her on my scroll!!! *sobs* well, maybe some day in some far future I'll have a descendant of her...

Why does everyone want a Tinsel anyway?

Well, I don't like to have species missing on my scroll.

I have no tinsels yet. sad.gif But then I still haven't managed to get a Holly or a tree either...

To those asking why people want one, I want one because I think they are beautiful. I'm not concerned with any particular one, I just want something that pretty to have a good home among the other dragons on my scroll.

I want one mostly for completion sake, and so I can breed them, to help spread them around. I also like the color combination of the silver and bronze ones especially - they look really metallic, moreso than the original silver and gold dragons. I was thinking the same thing about how vampires were once much more rare and now have spread to be fairly easy to get - I wonder if one of these days someone will make a tinsel listing thread for people willing to breed and people hoping to get once.

I want one mostly for completion sake, and so I can breed them, to help spread them around. I also like the color combination of the silver and bronze ones especially - they look really metallic, moreso than the original silver and gold dragons. I was thinking the same thing about how vampires were once much more rare and now have spread to be fairly easy to get - I wonder if one of these days someone will make a tinsel listing thread for people willing to breed and people hoping to get once.

That's what I originally thought.

But it turns out that this thread works well enough, and I know for a fact that more than one person has already picked at least one total stranger without any Tinsels from this thread for future gifting.

Personally, I don't like tinsel dragons. I don't see them as attractive at all, unless they're in the egg stage. I'd snag one if I saw it in the AP, but as for needing one, no. If I never have one on my scroll, it won't bother me a bit. smile.gif