DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

864 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just to advertise, I'm offering a gold tinsel IOU (from a pair that's 2/2 for producing golds) in exchange for an ER male pink hatchling. Ifni needs an influence (and would rather not risk losing the egg while transferring it to a friend to influence, although that's the backup plan) tongue.gif So anyone who has an ER male pink and has been thinking they'll never get a tinsel, drop me a PM wink.gif

I have no tinsel dragons yet...I'm not even trying to be honest. They were given out and such during the semester and I wanted to get A's and keep up a 3.8+ cumulative college GPA more than I wanted the eggs.

Does that mean that I don't want them? No. I want one of each and then I'll breed myself a second bronze and a second silver. BUT I am willing to wait because I have more important things to try and get like a Pillow dragon (actually 5 for my collection), a Holly (eventually), a ND, or even just the new eggs.

Truthfully, I'm also kicking myself in the rear for not have an ER male pink for Ifni but only because the offer is so fresh.

Interesting that almost 1 in 4 respondents* have already gotten a prize.

That's pretty impressive for a new "rare" breed, starting from very limited number of cbs (no more coming from the cave), and out only a few weeks ... and half of the people who have prizes have more than one color!

It's just my guess, but I think that this is partly due to the forum use habits.

So to speak, people who are using the Forum a lot, get more contacts and therefor more easily get in contact with owners to trade with.

So the ratio of people posting in this thread is likely higher than the actual quote. If that makes any sense "^^

With the more than one colour is obvious too, I imagine. Because it's only natural that those who have one are more likely to get a trade for another one ;P

I believe the actual ratio is waaaaay lower than 1 out of 4.

But meh, only my guessing around xd.png

Edited by shirubaaneko

As of now I have a Gold and a Bronze and I plan on gifting several eggs.

Yeah I am gifting them to friends first, but hey those of you not liking that "people with connections" get them imagine the following example:

You get a box of ice-cream with 7 pieces. Next to you are standing your 6 best friends and a bunch of total strangers. To whom would you offer your ice-cream first?

Edited by Nalyua

I don't have one yet, but I know I'll get them eventually. Many kind people announce them in the Departure threads, and many people here are gifting. With so much kindness, I know I'll get one.

I don't have one yet, and I'm in no hurry either. They'll become more common eventually, and when that day comes I'll be lying in wait on the ap. Of course, if I can trade for one that's always welcome as well, but I can wait. :3

My priority now is an ND. Silly buggers keep dying on me. >_>

@infi: Had told me that a few days earlier and I could have gotten you that. I influenced my CB pink female. ;-;

Edited by Trope

As of now I have a Gold and a Bronze and I plan on gifting several eggs.

Yeah I am gifting them to friends first, but hey those of you not liking that "people with connections" get them imagine the following example:

You get a box of ice-cream with 7 pieces. Next to you are standing your 6 best friends and a bunch of total strangers. To whom would you offer your ice-cream first?

friend first and you trust them biggrin.gif

friend first and you trust them biggrin.gif

Indeed. That doesn´t mean I don´t want anyone else to have a Tinsel. But I can´t supply enough to make everyone get one, so I help people I have had contact with first.

I´m wishing all the best of luck to anyone who does not own one yet!

I caught my one and only Bronze Tinsel in an FFA from the departure thread. I've got a few people that I had already promised any Tinsel offspring to but once I get that list taken care of I plan on opening a gifting list. I'm also attempting to trade for other Tinsels that I hope to use as mates for a couple of my dragons.

I also now have a Silver Tinsel on top of the Bronze one. biggrin.gif I still have the same plan as before. Once my obligations in trades and to friends are complete, I will open a gifting list (more than likely in the even gen thread since those people have helped me out quite a few times. biggrin.gif)

It's just my guess, but I think that this is partly due to the forum use habits.

So to speak, people who are using the Forum a lot, get more contacts and therefor more easily get in contact with owners to trade with.

So the ratio of people posting in this thread is likely higher than the actual quote. If that makes any sense "^^

With the more than one colour is obvious too, I imagine. Because it's only natural that those who have one are more likely to get a trade for another one ;P

I believe the actual ratio is waaaaay lower than 1 out of 4.

But meh, only my guessing around xd.png

The ratio is more than likely lower than what the poll is saying. Not everyone who has a Dragcave account has a forum account as well, and as such might not even know about the tinsels, much less actually be looking for them. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say less than 10% of all Dragcave users have at least one of the tinsels.

Regarding the ratios of respondents, I also suspect it may be likely that people who already have Tinsels may be more likely to vote, while those without may hold off in case they acquire one in the near future.

Because wonderful people ARE gifting as quickly as they can breed and pass Tinsels!

And some of the new recipients may have had lengthy lists of people they'd like to gift even before having any Tinsels, and not all of those people might be people they actually really know, except from forum posts.

You never know, if even some relatively small percentage of people getting Tinsels picks one person unknown to them at random, you may already/soon be be on the list of someone you've perhaps never even really 'spoken' with, as the numbers of Tinsels increase and the love spreads further around.

And we already know some are doing this.

So don't anybody lose hope.

I'd love to have one, but I think it might be rude if I PM them for a tinsel?

I have 2 Bronze ones. I will be more then happy to gift out to anyone that would like one when/if I get a egg from them.

I have 2 Bronze ones. I will be more then happy to gift out to anyone that would like one when/if I get a egg from them.

i don't have any and would love one, if anyone one would be willing to add me to their list! xd.png

i don't have any and would love one, if anyone one would be willing to add me to their list!  xd.png

haha, same here xd.png

Though... for one: i would feel bad, since I don't have anything to give in return, except maybe a nice lineaged thuwed...

So I am still hunting for rares and trying to breed specials (black stripe, alt black...)

and seond: I would be so scared to lose it in Trade and make a nice person, trying to give me one unhappy "^^

Umm, what exactly is a Tinsel?

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Gold_Tinsel_Dragon

they are the special prize dragons from the tree decorating contest

Edited by shirubaaneko

Don't have any, but I think they're amazingly beautiful, especially the silvers. <3

..If anyone here has an open list for a tinsel egg of any color, lineage, whatever..feel free to PM me.~ cx

Don't have any but maybe in a year or two. It isn't a pressing matter to me so I'll happily wait until I get lucky. Finally at least saw a bronze on the AP. Figured it was a trade but at least I can say I finally saw one go by.

i don't have any and would love one, if anyone one would be willing to add me to their list!  xd.png

I don't have a list started yet, but I am will to start one as soon as my Tinsels are breedable.

Will be willing to trade for others as well.

Edited by Jedi40

/goes to check what kind of dragon they are talking.

Ohhh~

I have none, they are gorgeous but I have a soft spot for the silver 'cause I love that color x3

But I'm very glad with my dragons and trying to grow my scroll haha.

I have a beautiful 3rd Gen Silver: a gift from a darling dear friend - and a 4th Gen Bronze: a trade in progress. I have an IOU set up to do a swap for a different Bronze, but no luck acquiring a gold as of yet.

I do not have a "list" for either of them - although I do owe a few people eggs.

My experience - most of the people I have talked to want to "share" their dragons offspring - but patience is a virtue! There are thousands of DCers - and only a handful of Prize Dragons! Just be polite - and patient - and their numbers will grow!

I have none, but I am still fairly new to DC. I have a lot of other dragons to collect, so I can wait. They are so pretty though!

My scroll is complete except for the rarest of eggs --hollies, neglecteds, tinsels, GoN.

Sometimes I feel like "they're just pixels after all, no need to get so worked up about it".

Other times I feel like "But I WANT one pretty pretty please."

A lot of what the others were saying-- maybe if I had more time to make the right connections on the forums and in IRC I could find someone nice to gift/trade with. And I have seen wonderful people gifting FFA, but that's no guarantee you'll ever catch it.

I voted none. I'd love to have some tinsels on my scroll, but I've only ever seen one in the ap.

I saw some early statistics somewhere calculating how long it would take for them to become common, but looking at this, those calculations didn't add up.