DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess I could ask the people with CB prize dragons if I could eventually be added to a list. I don't mind having to wait a long time...I just want to be able to complete my lineage. I also don't know who owns CB prizes except for a few people. I never wrote down any names or tracked anything down. even if I did know who had them, I have trouble asking for things from strangers, especially if it's something rare...which I had never asked for yet.

This.

I kind of believe that, if any kind soul is to gift me one, be it because he or she wills to do so. I'd rather not go nagging people, asking for free gifts, or something like that. I wouldn't like to have my mailbox full of "gimme, gimme, gimme", so why should I do that?

Yeah, I'm rather weary of that, too. I know I certainly would not be particularly fond of having people message me all the time. I mean, people can already be rude enough just responding to a trade posting, you know? Let alone someone stalking you down.

I figure eventually everyone with anything to trade for will already have theirs, and I'll be able to request one or pick one up, even. For now I'll just wait. I only want them for completion, anyway, and until I have a Holly or a neglected I'm not to torn up about these.

Can someone explain what exactly is this tinsel? I'm really confused. Is there an available scroll that has one so I can see what this is all about? *confused*

Can someone explain what exactly is this tinsel?  I'm really confused.  Is there an available scroll that has one so I can see what this is all about?  *confused*

Here's the wiki link. http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Tinsel It has the gold info and links to silver and bronze at the bottom of the page.

Edited by rubyshoes

This is the first i ever heard of the dragon, so i guess that would label me as having none xd.png

Oh, okay. So basically unless somebody who won the tree contest gifts one to you than you are out of luck to ever have one?

Oh, okay. So basically unless somebody who won the tree contest gifts one to you than you are out of luck to ever have one?

For now. Hopefully they'll eventually be bred enough that people will just abandon them, but for now you've got to trade something equally rare or get lucky...

There are other people out there who have tinsels descended from the original CBs who are more than happy to gift. happy.gif I was around for an FFA on the IRC once.

I'm also another without a lot of connections in the forum. *If* I get one, it will be because I got lucky in the AP or some kind soul surprises me with a gift. First, I have a lot of responsibilities outside the board, so I can't just "jump in and get involved". I'd love to, but I just can't. I don't often trade because of this, so I can't really build much trade goodwill.

I don't feel comfortable PMing people I don't know to beg for one. I PMed a person for a holly gift, but only because they publicly said it was OK. Like many others, I don't really know who they are.

I have relatively modest scroll goals, so I am often dropping my "extras" into the AP to share what I have. This includes trios, gold, and silver. I have a slightly inbred lower-gen gold Dorkface whose offspring I generally release, because I hope others will have the thrill of getting a Dorkface, like I have.

I'm a CB Bronze Tinsel owner.

When I'm not gifting the egg to somebody, I FFA/directly abandon 2nd gen Bronze Tinsels for the lulz. Like seriously, you should see how many people join in my FFAs. I would do a mystery one except that might be a little bit too cruel.

I personally don't care much about trading, I just think it's hilarious to see people go all nuts over them. Apparently I made somebody's day with one of the FFAs so there's that too I guess.

(by the way, don't bother PMing me about offspring incase you didn't notice my sig)

When I'm not gifting the egg to somebody, I FFA/directly abandon 2nd gen Bronze Tinsels for the lulz. Like seriously, you should see how many people join in my FFAs. I would do a mystery one except that might be a little bit too cruel.

How on earth is a mystery FFA managed? Do you just keep the egg fogged until the very last second? That actually sounds like it would be a lot of fun to do.

Edited by Goslander

How on earth is a mystery FFA managed? Do you just keep the egg fogged until the very last second? That actually sounds like it would be a lot of fun to do.

Very easily. Just never let anybody see what the egg is.

Sorry, I am stupid, I know.... But I have become more and more curious while reading this thread...

What exactly stands FFA for? ^^;

I have a silver and a bronze (the grandchild of yours, Wymsy, so thanks for that), and IOUs for another silver and a gold.

I think what some people don't realize is that once you have a tinsel, you don't get a continuous overflowing fountain of tinsel eggs to give away! I'd love to be able to spread the eggs around, but I don't know if it's going to be a week or two months until I get another egg, so I don't want to promise them to everyone who asks and possibly tie up all my breedings for half a year.

I know if I had a tinsel I even have two people of which I would like to give to, simply because they deserve it. But I seriously doubt I'll be getting any anytime soon...I'm in pretty much the same boat as Moranna. After the gifting is done, I would more than likely just drop it in the AP and hope someone who DOESN'T have a tinsel can get it. That's the only issue I have with dropping them in the AP. The people who get them could likely already have a tinsel. So I might end up just randomly gifting them or something...

You forgot the category of penk and bronze for Marri. xd.png I voted Silver and Bronze though, because effectually Penk is a silver.

Sorry, I am stupid, I know.... But I have become more and more curious while reading this thread...

What exactly stands FFA for? ^^;

FFA=Free For all

As in: "Here's the code, I'm dropping the egg/hatchie... NOW!"

I don't have one but I'm not in a hurry to get one either. When I get one, I get one. rolleyes.gif

Edited by CatCreature

You forgot the category of penk and bronze for Marri. xd.png I voted Silver and Bronze though, because effectually Penk is a silver.

Penk however, IS Perfectly Perfect, and deserves a category of her own. *yearns for one of Penks babies*

I don't have a tinsel, but I'm another of those that's not in a huge rush to get one. I'll probably wait six months or a year till there's more breeders, and then start nicely harassing them to get on a waiting list. happy.gif

Bronze and Gold Tinsel. Hopefully getting a nice Silver Tinsel soon biggrin.gif

I don't have any and I'm not looking for any. I hate contests and the whole thing was very upsetting for me and I'd rather not be reminded of it. Some day when they're common enough that your average player can occasionally pick one up off the AP, I might grab one of each just for scroll completion, but right now I don't want them.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with this opinion. xd.png

I have a Bronze.

...and a Silver who has refused .... 4 dragons so far, I think? *headdesk* I'm running out of potential mates to try on her. I'm all but to the point where I'd IOU her first offspring to a person who could get me a suitable even gen mate for her.

As far as trading goes, I have my hopes set on getting the last CB Gold I need someday, but I also accept "best offer" with a list of dragons that aren't so impossible to get (Spitfires is the main one. Stripes is another). I don't do IOUs except in special circumstances so it does require watching the trade posts, but I can't be the only one who checks those everyday, even when I don't have anything I'd give up in trade, am I?

Eventually, I'll randomly gift or FFA because it's fun and keeping up with my Holly's breeding list is enough work for me.

None as of yet. M'thinking I shall have to bide my time and wait for a couple of years neh? Do have some possibilities I could pursue but ultimately I have enough patience.

X3 Sides, I have faith and belief in the DC community.

Edited by Sinsdaemn

Interesting that almost 1 in 4 respondents* have already gotten a prize.

That's pretty impressive for a new "rare" breed, starting from very limited number of cbs (no more coming from the cave), and out only a few weeks ... and half of the people who have prizes have more than one color!

So they're definitely making their way out into the world.

Vampires were like that in the beginning, too. There were more vampires than cb prizes to start out with, but the one-month cooldown meant it took a couple of months before most people had vamps, and several more months before you saw more than a couple of scrolls with vampire armies.

I traded for my bronze and will be shooting for about 50/50 trade and gifting of the offspring after the first couple of offspring are produced (and the list is already a mile long ugh).

*24% as of when I write this