DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't have any, and since I don't have CB metals or hollies or other very worthy things for trade I think I will never get one unsure.gif

Preeeeeeeety much this x.x

Nada yet. Don't have any good trading fodder and I don't think I'd feel comfortable asking someone to be put on a breeding list.

But I do want one so very much.

Same, I think this needs to be a poll option LOL! As much as the holly owners have very publicly complained about people sending them PMs begging, I don't feel comfortable bothering Tinsel owners. I had hoped what with them being Christmas dragons they would be ffa'd more often. But their lack of breeding hasn't helped that situation.

Don't have any yet. Hopefully I'll find a reasonable offer soon, but for now, there's nothing I can afford.

No Prize dragon here, but that's okay with me =P I am not fond of the sprite and would rather see the choice cuts go to the people who are pining. Mmm, meat metaphor.

I think that the "None" option is probably closer to 98% when taking off-forums into account. Not sure they were even mentioned on the main site.

I caught my one and only Bronze Tinsel in an FFA from the departure thread. I've got a few people that I had already promised any Tinsel offspring to but once I get that list taken care of I plan on opening a gifting list. I'm also attempting to trade for other Tinsels that I hope to use as mates for a couple of my dragons.

Edited by sheppardkid

Tinsels are a great rarity, therefore, the owners of Tinsel eggs should be able to ask for a very rare dragon in return. I don't think greed has anything to do with it. o.=.o

I'd looove a Tinsel that doesn't have too long of a lineage. All of the Tinsels are so pretty. <3 I'm hoping that I'll be able to catch something good off the Cave or breed something that I can trade for one~

It would be great to see some tinsel departure announcements or "free for all" in the chat, so that everyone (and not only who already have great things for trade or is the friend of a tinsel owner) may have a chance to get it.

Maybe who gets a tinsel could abandon it's first offsping for anyone and announce it in the "Rare Egg Departure Announcement Board"? Well, just a suggestion from one who will never get a tinsel in a trade or from a friend. Anyone can dream after all xd.png

Gifting will come, eventually. Don't you know there had been a lot of FFA's in IRC trade channels for metals? Of course not CB ones, but some of them are of quite nice lineage. Why do ppl FFA their metals? They want to share the love.

As for tinsels, there aren't that many around atm, so of course there won't be much FFAs going around. And, to be fair, gifting the first child of their offspring is just unreal. A lot of ppl even want to keep their first born commons! But after a while, after their friends all got one (you really can't blame them for gifting their friends before they gift to strangers, can you?), I'm SURE there will be FFAs.

Anyway, just a little thing to share. I've promised a tinsel from my offspring to someone, in exchange that they'll breed me a suitable common partner for that tinsel. You just never know. I was discussing the mate on IRC, and someone offers to help, and in return I said I'll give one of the offspring from that pair to them. IMO DC is not just about adopting pixels, but the community is the backbone to it. Why play it in the dark? Come out and chat, you'll get to know a lot of nice people! Don't just sit in the dark and whine, 'why can't I have one of THOSE?' dry.gif

None yet. Although, to be honest *points at signature*, I'd even be thrilled with the common offspring of a cb Tinsel for my even-gen gaia project. But I hate to pester people, so for now I'm happy to concentrate on collecting other breeds and getting closer to my scroll goals. smile.gif

I don't have any. Haven't felt that I have much to offer in trade, and I don't want to bother the owners of them since it seems many breeders hate that. *shrugs*

I know some winners of a CB Tinsel are very kind and generous. They are happy to gift and share. When I talked with one of them, I said a person with a CB tinsel could have everything. She said she knew this, and that's why she didn't want to request a high price when people ask for prize offspring. It's really adorable that when some people get tons of PMs and breeding requests, they could still keep patient and friendly.

For myself I didn't get a tinsel or tinsel IOU without any response. I think it will be unfair if people's kindness won't be repayed when it can be repayed. And I always feel grateful to those who accpet my offer or give me an offer. Although my friends and I also use CB Metal/ND/Stripe/Black or other Tinsels for trade, but that's not neccesary if you really do some effort.

Anyway, I think if the breeding ratio of tinsels won't be changed, they will be accessible for everyone in a few months.

I don't know, I gave up on ever acquiring one once I saw what people asked for tinsels. *shrugs* Should I ever get lucky enough to get a CB metallic or a holly, I sure won't trade it for a tinsel!

I have serious doubts that I'll ever get one. Not only can I not find anyone who is willing to breed one for me, I also don't have anything worth trading. And if they are as hard to breed as Trios and other rares, then I'm sure I may as well give up trying to get them. Every time I see a Tinsel on the clicking sites, the person it belongs to often has many of them...

None of them. *shrugs* The only thing I can offer breeders is art.. but I don't want to PM any of them (and finding them aha) since it seems they get pestered a lot. Oh wells

I do not have any at the moment and I am not particularly in a hurry. I expect that someday the trade value of them will go down a bit as more are bred. I will probably get one of each at least eventually. They are not really very appealing to me anyway as a sprite, so I can wait.

None so far, but I am on a list for a 2nd-gen Silver prize dragon. All I did for it was gifting the owner a couple of common eggs for breeding projects in the past, and they approached me when they got the prize asking if I would like an egg. No CB Metals necessary :3 There are some wonderfully nice people out there.

I still didn't get one. My golds and silvers have been bad to me. So I guess I have to wait till the demand fr tinsel lessen a bit.

I have serious doubts that I'll ever get one. Not only can I not find anyone who is willing to breed one for me, I also don't have anything worth trading.

I'm right there with you. *pats shoulder*

I think an official request list would be nice cause for me it's difficult to find a tinsel breeder/know people who have a tinsel and are willing to gift the offspring. On second thought there would be so much drama and requests that it's hard to handle it ^^"

Well, if someone who's good at organizing (unlike me, lol) would set up a thread where people who wanted Tinsels could post, people who had Tinsels to gift without any specific recipient in mind could gift people on that list, if they liked.

There are so many EPICALLY fabulous people in DC, although I'd probably better not name any...

At any rate, even people who commonly randomly gift won't want to be flooded with requests, especially as breeding sucks so badly these days even for commons, so a general Tinsel request list sounds like about the only way to go, where at least people can state that they'd like one without burying Tinsel-owning individuals beneath their full inboxes.

I have one Bronze and one Silver Tinsel. Am working on getting a Gold.

Once I acquire a Gold Tinsel, I have many plans for them. wink.gif

And yes, I have gotten quite a few PM's from people asking if I could breed for them. And while I would love to, I simply cannot right now due to trade and gift promises and lineages.

But like I said. I have plans.

I have a bronze and an IOU for a silver. As soon as my bronze breeds another, I have a trade set up for a second silver.

Unfortunately, these are hard suckers to breed. My metallics bred much more easily before the breeding-ban. For my bronze, 25% of the eggs is a prize. And he doesn't always produce an egg. 50% of my friend's bronze's eggs turn out bronze, but the dragon can go for weeks without producing any eggs at all.

I don't have one. How can I?

All offers I've seen yet are for CB Metallics, NDs or Hollies. I just don't have that!

QFT....I've only seen them for 2 ND, 2 CB Metallics, or one of each, tbh

I've yet to add myself to any waiting lists because it'll still take a year (and I'd have to do things that will interrupt/change my play style if it's with a gifting group).

I have recently considered trying to find a person with a 2nd-3rd gen wait list, though, because I'm just unwilling to take one with a huge, ugly (imo) lineage. But gl finding one, yeah? (Yes, I'd rather have nothing at all than an ugly lineaged one). I'm just so picky about the lineage that I'm willing to take that it's unlikely I'd get it for free. At least not now. So I'm patiently waiting for another few years, just like those darn Hollies.

None so far, but I am on a list for a 2nd-gen Silver prize dragon. All I did for it was gifting the owner a couple of common eggs for breeding projects in the past, and they approached me when they got the prize asking if I would like an egg. No CB Metals necessary :3 There are some wonderfully nice people out there.

The problem with that is most of us don't have prior rep with people who were lucky enough to get Tinsels. I've gifted plenty of times, but there isn't anyone that I have maintained regular contact with, and I imagine manymany others are in the same boat. Honestly, I don't even remember the name of most of the people I've helped or "over traded" to.

At any rate, even people who commonly randomly gift won't want to be flooded with requests, especially as breeding sucks so badly these days even for commons, so a general Tinsel request list sounds like about the only way to go, where at least people can state that they'd like one without burying Tinsel-owning individuals beneath their full inboxes.

Someone could just manage the list of people waiting, and Tinsel breeders could just privately PM people as they please...no organizing of breeders like most lists do. I think that could work, the only problem is that if there is no breeder organization, there's no guarantee that anyone would be breeding for those on the list as opposed to private lists...

Edited by FireAngel73

I have a bronze, and when i have build the perfect mate for it, i'll set up a list in "even gen" topic for it. Just because the people over there are always helping people who post requests out and deserve to get a shot at the prizes.

I now the prices for some trades are almost insane but with the rarety of the tinsels it's the right of the owner to determine what they want for it, i think.

There are nice cb or 2nd gen owners who are ffa'ing every tinsel offspring of their dragon and only take common-offspring requests. So don't shoot all of them.

And eventually they will be spread, so it should be possible for everyone to get, as it is possible for everyone to get a gold or silver. I didn't say it would be easy, but it will be possible.

I have a bronze, and when i have build  the perfect mate for it, i'll set up a list in "even gen" topic for it. Just because the people over there are always helping people who post requests out and deserve to get a shot at the prizes.

Get out of my brain! O.O

Seriously though. Those are my plans and thoughts exactly. xd.png

I don't have any, & don't expect to get one anytime soon. Won't stop me from stalking the AP, though.