DarkEternity

Tinsel Survey A widespread population?

Which Tinsel colour do you have?  

866 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMO this is very rude.

Tinsels were special prizes given to people who earned them...

Yes they CAN breed and Gift and many of them do. Others have a right to ask for what they wish for their Eggs.

They are rare after all, and breeding them can be just as hard as breeding Golds/Silvers.

I don't think any of them are being greedy...

This is of course true: if you have a tinsel - because you won it or because you got it from someone else - you can do whatever you want with it. And since it is so preciuos you have any right to ask very good things for it.

Just, it is quite disappointing to see people with 3-4 tinsels who cointinue asking cb metals or other tinsels for the trade. Understandable, but disappointing. If you need a tinsel to trade for another tinsel, how could you have the first one?

It would be great to see some tinsel departure announcements or "free for all" in the chat, so that everyone (and not only who already have great things for trade or is the friend of a tinsel owner) may have a chance to get it.

Maybe who gets a tinsel could abandon it's first offsping for anyone and announce it in the "Rare Egg Departure Announcement Board"? Well, just a suggestion from one who will never get a tinsel in a trade or from a friend. Anyone can dream after all xd.png

I've been trying to find someone who actually has a list and something they want that is reasonable enough for me. But alas, I am going to be tinsel-less for a long time, I'm pretty sure. My friend has a Bronze intends to gift me an egg if it ever breeds a bronze, but otherwise I will have to try to find half-decent stuff that people might go for. Because I don't give up. Ever. xd.png

I have a bronze Tinsel. My tinsel doesn't even breed bronzes very often... :c I have bred it at least 5 times and only one time it produced an egg. My friends don't have tinsels so I will gift them tinsels first (After gifting a few people IOU's) and then I am going to do random abandoning. But guys I always see tinsels in the ap. Maybe they are trades... but I see them.

Just for those wanting one. :3 There are people who will gift. But they gift to those who are friends first. Just wait. Then some of those people might hold lines (Like me :3)

I don't have A Tinsel yet. :c My time will come though.

Don't have one yet, but I managed to get someone to put me on their IOU list for a Bronze in exchange for a cool-coded egg <3

I hope to get my hands on one someday, when they get a little bit more common, but until then, I'm relatively content to twiddle my thumbs with none. c:

~Feathers

It would be great to see some tinsel departure announcements or "free for all" in the chat, so that everyone (and not only who already have great things for trade or is the friend of a tinsel owner) may have a chance to get it.

There were actually two tinsels announced in the Departure thread a couple days ago. I didn't see them in time to have a chance to grab either of them, but they were there.

I don't have any and I don't think I'll ever have.

I don't know anyone here, so I don't have a friend who I could ask if s/he had a Tinsel and I'm not going to search for Tinsel owners to ask them. Even if I do it politely, I'm sure they had more than enough people asking them for a Tinsel and they're probably tired of the begging.

And thought I could had a chance in a trade, but seeing the trade topics made change my mind since the dragons beging asked are CB metalics (sometimes more than one), IOU of Hollies (another dragon I'll probably never get), Neglecteds (I don't know how to make one) and other Tinsels.

So... yeah. Unless something changes and Tinsels become somehow not so rare, I'll probably never get one sad.gif

Edit: And I could stalk the shelter until I get one, like I did for my Silver and Gold dragons. But in that time I didn't know about the forum and now that I do; so chances are that if I got a Tinsel by some miracle I would check the missing in trade topic and someone would be searching for it.

And since I know it's not nice to loss a trade, I would return it. So in the end I would kind of loss my time stalking in the shelter.

I might as well quote this entire thing, because this is pretty much my situation too. I barely "know" anyone on the forums, and a lot of the people I do know have prize dragons. I am not going to beg them for one. They traded multiple metallics or neglecteds to get one. I don't have time anymore to make a neglected, I don't have many metallics I can breed, I don't have time to be stalking the cave for things right now, and the one holly I do have is already promised to someone. I've pretty much given up on my magi lineage ever having them considering there are only 5 CB golds. In realizing this, I don't have to stress about it. It's a game and I can ignore parts of it if I want to. Of course, if I manage to be able to get one through an FFA, I'm going to see about getting multiple ones ans possibly getting a second gen gold prize...so maybe it's not completely impossible, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Technically I have a Gold IOU, so I went ahead and put gold, but I don't actually HAVE it yet.

I don't see why people use them as trading tools, though. I'd FFA, random-abandon, and gift at least some of mine's offspring.

I have a bronze and would love to start gifting out eggs...but breeding has been impossible lately xd.png

I don't have one. How can I?

All offers I've seen yet are for CB Metallics, NDs or Hollies. I just don't have that!

+1

Hi there.

Well, have you tried politely asking to be added to a tinsel breeding list? What have you got to lose?

Most tinsel owners probably wouldn't want to be PMed though. :x

I just got a tinsel (silver tinsel) and I'm on a couple of lists too, I think, and I plan on trading a few away for some things I want, mostly a pair of CB stripes, but after that I plan on giving most of them away to people who don't have any. Or FFAing them lol.

no tinsel for me... yet. just cant catch what the breeders want. I wish i knew who has breeding lists and who dosnt. I dont want to have to go around bothering random ppl about breeding >.<

but sooner or later i am bound to get one smile.gif figure i will trade an egg or two for somthing nice then just start gifting! biggrin.gif

I'm on the waiting lists for a couple Tinsels, myself, but I don't have any yet.

The offers I made were pretty high, but if I get a Tinsel for them I'll be happy.

I have none. I don't have anything that people want to trade for them. I don't know who is accepting breeding requests, and I would never ask without being sure they were fine with being asked.

I have gold, silver and bronze. So far, I've kept most of my successful breedings, because they're pretty stairsteps and I want to carry on the lineage; I'll be gifting or trading the second and later eggs from each dragon, but the first tinsel child will generally stay on my scroll.

That said, I'm not likely to be FFAing tinsel eggs for a while: I owe one formal IOU, and there are several other people I want to gift eggs to. Tinsels can be very unpredictable in how reliably they breed true: I have a second gen bronze who finally bred true on his fifth attempt (actually sixth attempt, but one unsuccessful attempt got erased the afternoon that we lost data). I'm also seventh on an IOU list for a silver tinsel from a CB silver tinsel that still hasn't bred true tongue.gif

I got most of my tinsels from trading CB metallics or from breeding, however, I did catch an even-gen silver tinsel in a FFA from the IRC yesterday, and as others have said, I have seen them advertised in the Departure Thread.

I've seen a couple advertised on the departure thread, and I stumbled on the the countdown to a bronze that was being FFA'd in the IRC, so the opportunities are there. It simply hasn't been that long since they came out, so I think all the frustration about not being able to get one is premature. After all, the things don't breed like Mints. I am heartened by the number of different Tinsels I stumble across in hatcheries. Their numbers are slowly climbing, and with that, everyone's chances at someday getting one.

I have two silvers, having only managed to breed myself a second one rather recently. I am dying for a gold or bronze, but most of those seem to be paired up with Terraes. I love Terrae dragons, but I loathe the combination with Tinsels and won't have it on my scroll. My own pickiness is probably severely limiting my chances of obtaining one, and I'm fine with that. After all, it just means less competition for the rest of you. biggrin.gif

Edited by Goslander

One 3rd gen gold tinsel so far. Haven't really focused on trying to get any additional tinsels as of late, ultimately.

Edited by Volcove

Nada yet. Don't have any good trading fodder and I don't think I'd feel comfortable asking someone to be put on a breeding list.

But I do want one so very much.

None for me. I don't really have anything to trade (plus I've never traded before) and I don't feel comfortable asking to be on anyone's list. I decided to try to catch commons on the AP with tinsel ancestors and I have 3 of those so far. smile.gif Someday, once there are a lot more tinsels, I hope to get 'em.

Same for me Ruby....i haven't been begging or trying very much to trade for one myself....i figure it'd be better to wait for now till they're a tad bit more common.....

I really do not understand why members are saying tinsel owners are greedy,Maybe a few of them are but, the majority of the Tinsel owners I have pm'd not even knowing who they were added me to their lists. I have been gifted 4 for nothing in return. And the rest are coming to me as gifts or very fair trades like a Cb trio, 2nd gen gold ect.. I have not traded using a cb gold, silver or black., Nd or holly.

I guess I am lucky having Pm'd Tinsel winners who are kind and wonderful people.

None yet, but am on the list for a bronze biggrin.gif

I love the sprites and hope to have one of each eventually, but I'm content to wait until opportunities arise.

Patience and friendliness are a plus when hoping for ultra rares which do not drop in the Cave.