TJ09

2011-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 5th Birthday

Thank you TJ and artists for a wonderful DC birthday! I love all five of the new breeds; I simply cannot pick a favorite. I think my favorite description, however, belongs to the Misfits. That's too cute and funny!

Man, it's going to be hard to come up with names for all these wonderful little guys! And I'll be happily busy collecting my idea of a full set of them, which, for someone who is near scroll completion, is a very good thing! I'm happy with the way TJ keeps this game fresh and interesting.

Thank you all again!

All the sprites are very pretty! Tiny dragons are taking over dragcave!

And I think they will be uncommon, because the pillow/swallowtail drops lasted much longer.

...she looks like she's flying with her front legs pulled close to her body, and her feet/paws tucked in.  Or, she could be laying down on her belly with her back legs stretched out...I don't know!  lol

Looking at her more and more, I think she's prancing! How cute! I see my cats do that kind of thing in the long grass. Hop, hop! laugh.gif

Oh, and I haven't said it already, so I will now: thank you, spriters and TJ! They're all awesome! biggrin.gif

Yay adults! As I suspected, I like Seawyrms the best, and Misfits are a close second. So now off to get a second Seawyrm and influence mine oppositely.

And I also just realized that my Nilia has "TJ" in its code so I am a happy camper.

Thanks for the release!

I LOVE the misfits! They are so fanciful, and nothing like we've had at the Cave so far! biggrin.gif The poses are wonderful.

Thank you TJ and spriters for a fantastic new release!

You guys wanna know a fact?

I also like to call the seawyrms... Sea Glories! happy.gif Well, that's pretty much a nickname I gave them recently.

You can see what I mean, rite?

woohoo caught them all biggrin.gif the dragons look great. i give thanks to TJ and all who helped make these wonderful sprites ^.^

happy b-day dragon cave. <3

I knew I'd end up liking the mini-Nocturne Dragons the most. Simple, effective... curious why "heavier than you expected" is in the egg description, though. There doesn't seem to be any uniqueness about the mini-Nocturne's weight =P

The Crimson ones are neat too-- remind me of imps.

You guys wanna know a fact?

I also like to call the seawyrms... Sea Glories! happy.gif Well, that's pretty much a nickname I gave them recently.

You can see what I mean, rite?

Thank you for sharing this with us! biggrin.gif

Now I'm really curious about the dragon some people said "I've already seen it in Completed Dragons Progress List". Which dragon of these five is the already seen one? rolleyes.gif

Interesting new hatchlings. I hope they'll be breedable with Pumpkin's/Pigmy's though.

They sure will be able to, remember they are "pygmies". wink.gif

@earthgirl, Hmm yes. Sea Glories, the pose, coloring, makes sense.

I would like to say thank you to all of you who helped make our new dragons so wonderful.

All of them look great and you have to really like the descriptions they have too.

Thanks TJ and staff, you guys do some real work! biggrin.gif

I knew I'd end up liking the mini-Nocturne Dragons the most. Simple, effective... curious why "heavier than you expected" is in the egg description, though. There doesn't seem to be any uniqueness about the mini-Nocturne's weight =P

The Crimson ones are neat too-- remind me of imps.

I picked that because I like when egg descriptions are really generic. It keeps the adult more of a surprise. Nilia eggs are heavier then you would expect because their shells are very strong, to keep from being crush by rocks and stuff. Since they live in the mountains and they are so small, they have devolved thick, strong egg shells. smile.gif

I'm really glad you like them, they were so much fun to make. biggrin.gif

I thought I recognized that wing-style- another beautiful sprite well-done earthgirl!

congrats to the other spriters as well, these guys are simply adorable and I can't wait to have sets of them all!

I love all the new adults. Thanks, spriters.

Yay, I finally have one of each! And a second pearly egg. Then, when mah ember grows up, I'll get another one. Me is so greedy! =P

Finally caught the last missing one yay laugh.gif

The adults are so cute and lovely <3 , thank you spriters!

Beautiful work, spriters! I'll have to try for the ones I don't have when I'm not locked (can't say doomsday, since that's past xd.png ), but I have the three I was really after. They're all really wonderful, though!

A huge thank you to Walker for writing the Nilia adult description. Without her they would be nowhere near as awesome!

It is a lovely description, I can just see a Nilia following another dragon around all day, constantly getting in the way as it tries to help out. It would take a very patient dragon to handle it but entirely worth it.

I'm curious, does Nilia have a meaning? The only things I can find online are first names.

Thanks for the dragon!

I picked that because I like when egg descriptions are really generic. It keeps the adult more of a surprise. Nilia eggs are heavier then you would expect because their shells are very strong, to keep from being crush by rocks and stuff. Since they live in the mountains and they are so small, they have devolved thick, strong egg shells. smile.gif

I'm really glad you like them, they were so much fun to make. biggrin.gif

But if the shell is strong enough to avoid being crushed by rocks, then how are the hatchlings able to break the shell upon hatching? Are they weaker on the inside?

I'm curious, does Nilia have a meaning? The only things I can find online are first names.

xd.pngD not really. I have this horrid oh naming stuff that sounds good phonetically pleasing to my ear. Now the name makes sense with their backstory, but I've yet to finish that. smile.gif

But if the shell is strong enough to avoid being crushed by rocks, then how are the hatchlings able to break the shell upon hatching? Are they weaker on the inside?

Yeah, they are a bit softer on the inside, but the hatchlings have an almost beak mouth when they are first born. They grow out of it very quickly though.

I think they're all gorgeous. Thanks to the artists.

I just wish they weren't so small. I understand they're pygmies, but I like seeing details. Oh, well.