Stromboli

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

My best friend has the entire series on DVD, so I'll eventually get to see them all. It's become sort of my mum's and my bonding time, and we're having difficulty finding a time these days when we can sit down and watch Buffy together. We're up to S4, though. I believe my friend also has Angel on DVD, but I'm not positive. If he does, I'll probably borrow that from him after I'm finished borrowing his Buffy DVDs...

I'm slooooowly trucking through season 7 and it feels like the only reason I'm doing so is because I read that watching the whole Buffy story is important to understand some events in Angel, which I'm also planning to watch at some point (because I hear it has less fluff than BtVS XD). Guess season 5 would have made a great ending. Or season 6 should have been less depressing.

I'm about to reach the part where the Potentials show up, and I hear they're the most annoying thing in the show, ever.

Now, don't get me wrong, in overall I think that BtVS is a relatively very good/entertaining show and I don't regret having watched it so far, it's just that the past 1,5 seasons have somewhat dragged on me and I don't have the nostalgia factor or enough knowledge to be sure that it will pay off, as it has been with some other shows I like.

Edited by lightbird

They should have ended at the finale of Season 5. Just saying...Season 6 bombed and I won't even try Season 7. I barely liked Season 5 (mainly because Dawn annoyed the heck out of me), but it would have been weird to end after Season 4. I absolutely adored the episode "Hush, Hush" though (y'know the one with "The Gentleman" and the creepy girl singing the creepy song and everyone couldn't talk). Very awesome episode.

Season 5 had its moments, and I liked Glory's insanity. Dawn also seemed more tolerable in season 5 than 6. I didn't like season 6 because it seemed like the characters were eagerly asking to get into trouble.

As for Hush, I admire the artistic approach to it, because it's a pantomime for the most part, but other than that it's not among my favourite episodes. I'm generally more for high drama content (hence I like The Body, the Angel-becoming-evil-again arc, Faith's story arc etc.) over creepiness. I also somewhat miss the frequent hilarity of the high-school episodes and sorely miss Cordelia, which is one of the main reasons why I want to watch Angel afterwards, along with the fact that half of the characters supposedly die off at some point. Yeah, I like that kind of stories. :|

Edited by lightbird

Oh gosh. The Potentials. Each of them made me wanna smack 'em in their own special way.

I'm still only part way through the first season of Angel, but Cordy is as fantastic as ever. And Angel's also heavier on the drama, so I'm thinking you'll like it. :3

But I flipped through some Buffy fanfics the other day, and there's just so much Riley hate. I don't get it. What's so bad about him? ):

But I flipped through some Buffy fanfics the other day, and there's just so much Riley hate. I don't get it. What's so bad about him? ):

He is boring and serious, and dislikes the fact that Buffy is getting stuff done and actually needs to plan things without discussing them with him, the all-protocol military macho man. Also, every single Buffy-Riley sex scene looked icky in comparison to the other pairings for some reason. :|

That said, I realized recently that I don't like Buffy as a character much either. I watch the series for the story and the other characters, but I don't find Buffy likable. XD

Edited by lightbird

So, finished Buffy a while ago, had a look at the first two thirds of season 1 of Angel, but I think this is where I stop exploring Buffyverse. It was entertaining for a while and I generally liked the first three seasons, but as it wore on I realized (and ever more so, when she appeared on Angel) that I really dislike Buffy as a character, her whining and how everything is always about her. And while Angel seems moderately entertaining, I don't really care about the characters enough to keep watching it just now.

In any case, I don't think that watching BtVS was wasted time, but it probably won't rank among my favourite franchises, because of how the latter seasons dragged on and on and the novelty of the funny fluff wore off.

Omigawd I love Buffy. In fact I was just looking for this. I LOVE BUFFY! -squeal- I watch it all on Netflix actually, because they have all seven seasons. I just finished the finale last weekend and it made me cry. For two days. Not just because it's sad, but also because I'm just now realizing no more demons to fight, no more new adventures. Oh well, I should just buy season 8&9

They should have ended at the finale of Season 5. Just saying...

Completely totally agree.

I really hated "The Trio" in season 6, they were just... I don't know, they weren't really on-par with the baddies from other seasons. And as much fun as it was to watch Evil Willow be all badass, it was also really *really* sad. And... Yeah. I loved Tara, let's leave it at that.

Then season 7 with the Potentials and the backstories about slayers and the way it ended... It sort of felt like it was made up on the fly and didn't really tie in too well with the other seasons.

But other then that I *loved* Buffy. It was my favorite show for years, I used to write Buffy fanfic, and the first forum I belonged to was Buffy-centric.

Eh, well, the Trio was only ever supposed to be a pseudo-Big Bad. That was the season where Joss said "Life is the Big Bad."

I will agree that, the more I look at it, the last two seasons are pretty flat. And as much as I love the awesome shiny scythe, it turned into a deus ex machina inside a deus ex machina. Came out of no where, and Willow used it to make all the Potentials of the world into Slayers? Stretching...

Well, there weren't many potentials left. The bringers killed them all.

SPOILERS-

I reeeeally miss Anya. She was such a cute character. And Spike. I like Angel (only because he's played by David Boreanaz) but he's sooo moody and all, and as Spike would say, bugger that.

Spike is too good to be true. That's all I have to say. And I know you all agree with me.

Never seen it before so I just gone to Youtube and looked at it. I looked at the season one and it looked more like Doctor Who more then a vampire show :3

I reeeeally miss Anya. She was such a cute character. And Spike. I like Angel (only because he's played by David Boreanaz) but he's sooo moody and all, and as Spike would say, bugger that.

SPOILERS: I thought it a yet-another let down of the later BtVS seasons that after the ditched wedding Anya and Xander never really made up. :|

I LOVE BUFFY ! *noms*

I am watching the third season finale as I type this . I have all the comic books , all of the Angel comic books , and I'm trying to get the Spike comics too .

I love Giles . He makes me laugh . I'm kinda sad that the show ended . I wish they would bring it back .