Stromboli

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I've just recently started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I'd seen some of the early episodes, then landed awkwardly in the middle of Season 6 the other day. I'm now deeply confused as to how Spike ended up a good guy. Last time I saw him he was trying to kill Buffy. o.O

So, are there any Buffy fans here on DC?

I'm intending to finally watch this series over summer. Yeah, I know it's a classic and I've missed out on it. :b

Well, at least Buffy got to run for a while. And had some successful spinoffs.

All Firefly got was a movie. So not enough. xd.png

I've also been meaning to watch Angel, but now that Hulu's gone to making you pay for episodes I'm not sure how much I'll get through. tongue.gif

I've watched all the Buffy and Angel episodes multiple time. Spike is my favorite.

Okay, "Once More, With Feeling" is probably the most hillarious thing ever. xd.png I think Joss secretly wanted to be a musical theater director.

Still not sure on Spike though. :\ He's so... pushy. I don't know if I like him or not.

Edited by Stromboli

I love buffy the Vampire slayer, I have every season at home, but it was many years ago when I buyed the boxes.

Buffy was on TV when I was young and I wasn`t allowed to watch it but I watched it secred in the bedroom from my parends, I always told them I am tired and go upstairs to watch the episodes. xd.png

<3 We own the whole lot on DVD. It gets watched repeatedly.

Spike gets a lot more epic as you go along - but you really do have to have watched it in proper series order to feel that sometimes. He also does London punk extremely well. I've known people a lot like that.

Giles is great too, IMO. Especially when he's being Ripper.

Edited to add: Y'know I must confess I actualy watched every episode as it was originaly boradcast in the UK. The initial copy I had of the first season was actualy on VHS.

Edited by TikindiDragon

So I may have watched the entire first season yesterday. Crazy epic productiveness.

It's really funny to see Buffy so young and clueless.

I remember watching it at disjoint times when I was younger, but since I'm OCD I do need to watch it all at once, from Ep 1 all the way through. But I am aware of all the major plot twists etc.

It was always the highlight of the week.

I'm up through the episode 'Passion.'

Recognized the song playing at Miss Calendar's house from the opera La Bohème. I felt all cultured and sophisticated until I remembered that it was Buffy the Vampire Slayer I was watching... xd.png

Only got to see the first series. *mumble mumble*

But I loved it! Absolutely loved it! And now I have to rent the rest.

The beginning seems a bit daft, but entertaining enough to keep me watching and refrain from further judgment until I've seen more.

I know I've seen some of the later (season 3-5-ish) episodes when I was younger, but never in a continuous run.

I admit to not having have seen all the episodes, but I blame the age I began watching it for that. (I was two or three when I started) xd.png

I did, however, recently re-watch the first three and a half seasons and a few episodes from later on when Buffy is an adult. Have any of you guys seen the musical or "Hush"?

But the daftness of it is what gives it its appeal. xd.png

The musical being the "Once More, With Feeling" episode? Saw that one. It kind of made my day. And I'm a few episodes away from Hush right now.

I loved "Once More, With Feeling". I have a CD with the songs of that episode.

Great thread. has seen some 2-6, e1 of the s7 finale seen 2 eps of angel

The episode "Normal Again" is tragic.

Either Buffy really was in an institution and the whole series was her schizophrenic delusion, or the demon used her memories and subsequent fear of the asylum against her... And either is equally plausible.

JOSS WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS.

That episode is one of the reasons why I am not sure if I would punch or hug Joss Whedon if I ever met him...

Awesome show, but I like Angel a lot better. And probably would've liked it even more if they had gone the route they originally wanted to go with it.

For all the Angel fans here, look up the episode "Corrupt." The script was denied by the network before it could be filmed, but you can see how different the show would have been if they made that one episode...

Having slowly moved on to season 2 (yay, Spike appeared!), I can't help to think that Cordelia's so shallow that she's awesome.

I just realized how old Buffy is.

I thought the other day, "Darn, I wish I could have watched this when it was originally running!" but then I realized that when it first aired in March of '97, I was six years old... ;-;

But Sarah Michelle Gellar is getting a new show soon. I'm excited for that.

Oh really? I should look that up.

I finished watching season 4 of BTVS yesterday. Much of it seemed like such a drag. I hate Riley. Thankfully, I've read that season 5 is much better.

I also plan to watch Angel once I'm done with BTVS. c:

I love Buffy!! I started watching when I was 12 and I've seen all the episodes up to the fourth season, when it stopped airing in my country (Damn you, AXN mad.gif). I'm now hunting for the rest of them online. I think Giles and Anya have to be my favourite characters. Anya because she's flat out hilarious and Giles because... he's Giles. He might be the only old guy I've ever had a crush on.

Yup yup. Looks like it's gonna be good too. It's called Ringer. I'm very excited. :3

Aww, I like Riley. He's a sweetheart. Though I think Angel's still my favorite, despite the brooding and the angst.

And then my mom showed me the Nescafe Gold Commercials starring Anthony Head. I lol'd a little bit.

PS, if you're looking for episodes online, try Sidereel.com. Has a bunch of links for every episode.

Edited by Stromboli

Haugh, I'm in the middle of season 6. Does season 7 get better? Because this is just depressing - I don't mind gritty stories, but I hate watching how characters mostly inflict problems on themselves.

So far, I really loved seasons 2, 3 and 5. I actually started crying while watching The Body in that part where Willow rebukes Anya for being impolite, and she bursts out about how she's expected to know everything about human life despite being human for less than two years before that and starts asking those heartbreaking small child's questions about death. *A*

Season six is a major downer. Season seven has some ups and downs.

The Body made me cry too. Particularly that bit with Anya. ;-; Joss is so cruel sometimes.