kolodragon

The Island of Hope

Tashrin got the massage and scrambled up the cave wall and out side. "why is one screaming?" he asked looking concerned at the one that was emitting a loud noise. It was bothering him and he knew it needed help but what did it need help from?

The hatchling suddenly felt herself moving! What happening? Will I survive? Am I alive? She kicked and punched quicker, trying to escape. Her arms were weak, even for a hatchling. Finally, a tiny crack appeared in the egg. The crack got bigger, widening into a small hole. A blast of cool night air rushed into the egg. The tiny hatchling looked out, and timidly looked up. All she saw was darkness. I thought there would be lights... but why? Why do I think these things? Why do I long to see the stars, when I don't know what they are? I must find the answers... no one will help me. Her powerful eyes looked around. She saw many colors, but in every direction was blue. Past everything else was blue. Green and brown shapes rose from the blue. The blue was always moving and white spots kept appearing in the blue. What is the blue? Does it affect me? Where are the stars? What are the stars? Questions rolled around the little hatchling's head as she was carried away.

After the shellfish had settled in her stomach, Venarria took another gulp of water and turned to the garden of wreckage. Dead plant were strewn across the garden, making it nearly impossible for new ones to grow in. Fallen tree branches dotted the landscape, and for a moment the Magi thought there was no hope. She stepped into the mass of dead foliage.

"This place," she murmured. "It's hopeless. The most I can do is set fire to it and allow it to start again...but I need another dragon to rejuvenate the plants, and another to water them." Tashrin came to mind when she thought of this, but he was small, and young, and although she admired his special ability, she doubted it would provide what she needed.

Venarria decided to fly back to the hatchlings, and meet with Sapphire. From there she could find hatchlings that would be able to help.

As the hatchling hiding in the shimmering egg curiously looked out in the sky, Sapphire watched quietly. After setting the egg that was about the same size as Kyitei's, She said almost mystically to the hatchling. "Those are stars young hatchling, as well as other formations of light we do not understand. Your breed could be called a nebula dragon, a formation of the light I've heard about. As for your name...I shall call you Star, after the appearance of your egg and the curiosity you possess about the lights in the night sky." The dragoness then sat on the sand with the three eggs and Tashrin. "Come out Star, it is a vast and wonderful world outside."

Kyitei peered at the egg set by him. It looked like his egg size, not like the others.

He clapped his paws together. So maybe he wasn't that different! Her egg was the same size and it was shiney. Mesmerized, he cautiously plodded forwards and quickly broke off a peice of the shining shell.

"Ohhhh....." He turned it back and forth. "So pretty."

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

(the italic writing is Star's thoughts, just to let you know)

The hatchling heard noises, and they seemed to be directed at her. She pulled her head in quickly, but slowly pushed it back out as she realized how kind the voice sounded. ...a nebula dragon, a formation of the light I've heard about. As for your name...I shall call you Star, after the appearance of your egg and the curiosity you possess about the lights in the night sky."My name? Star. That was her name. Star."Come out Star, it is a vast and wonderful world outside."Star gave one last smash at the egg with her tail, and hoped out. The first thing she felt was the cool sand, and she quickly hoped back onto her eggshell. But she summoned her courage and slowly climbed back onto the sand, and saw that it would not harm her. "My name... Star?" she asked the frozen hatchling, marveling at how big she seemed. "I can't see the stars... they are covered by dark gray things..."

Kyitei had placed the egg fragment in his nest when a crack was made. It was another big egg. the hatchling had come out and it's brilliantly shining egg was broken into big chunks.

This one was gorgeous.

Scooping up a big fragment, he though how much it looked like the sky with stars.

He carefully placed it with the other egg fragment in his nest and watched the new hatchling with interest. She was shiney like her shell.

Tashrin looked at the new hatchlings. They where almost his height. Maybe a few hairs shorter due to he had hatched a few hours before they did. He sat down and watched them. There behaver rememind him of his first few seconds of life out side the egg.

Sapphire heard a crack and saw Kyitei scurrying off with part of the pearly egg's shell. She hissed at this and looked towards the tiny egg with panic, thankfully, it did not seem to kill the hatchling, for it was developed enough to not have the embryo inside spill out. However, to Sapphire's dreadful dismay, the dragon had not made any noises yet. Oh Guardian of Nature, please don't let the dragon inside be dead! She held the small egg close to herself to give it heat and then finally turned to the nebula dragon, "Yes, your name shall be Star" Sapphire said, trying to hide her panic.

Edited by kolodragon

Kyitei heard Sapphire hiss at him and draw the pearly egg to her body. She looked panicked. He realized it was because he had taken the eggshell.

"I sorry." He whispered, head down. He hurt the egg! There was a hole in it already though so he had thought that it would even help the hatchling stuck inside.

"It so shiney." He sighed.

The small hatchling looked at the dragon with her glowing green eyes, she made a chirp and pushed on the hard shell, wanting to walking with the dragon.

She luckily broke the shell and fell out. Lying on the ground, she tried to stand and instead crashed into the ground.

She looked up at the dragon with curiosity. "Who are you?" she wondered.

"Who are you?"

The black egg hatched with no problems and a black dragon emerged, and Sapphire walked over to the small hatchling, "I am Sapphire little one, and you shall be known as Kiara, may you live in peace on the island that never loses hope." She wrapped her tail around the newcomer in a welcoming and protective gesture. After a moment, she drew her tail back to her sides and sat on her haunches in a resting position and waited for the other dragons to make an action.

The hatchling looked up at the dragon with happiness, being proud of her name.

Kiara danced and pranced around Sapphire, then quickly stopped and looked at the big dragon "I'm hungry" she whined.

"Wait until the morning when the orb of warm light arises from the horizon little one." Sapphire said, "You may sleep in my tree Kiara." The dragoness picked the black dragon up and deposited the hatchling upon her back. Before taking the trek back to the clearing, Sapphire looked over to Star and Tashrin and added, "You two should come along too."

Although Venarria had made her decision, she was growing tired again, and chose to bundle up for the night. She took to the air, and hung suspended for a moment while observing the landscape. There appeared to be some caves in the distance, and the magi pumped her massive golden wings and began to soar toward them. Once she had reached the caves, she picked through them until she found one suited to her needs.

Venarria then proceeded to collect some fallen leaves and a few branches. She assorted these into a nest on the floor of the cave, to protect herself from the cold, damp floor. The dragoness settled, and coiled her tail around herself. Satisfied, she closed her eyes and let herself drift into the oblivion of sleep.

'Almost... there... -the grey mumbled, as the heat in the area he was focusing on intensified more and more. By now the puddle was boiling mad and hot enough to scorch the ground nearby. Ashur's goal, however, was to set the water on fire. The foolish little hatchling didn't even know water cannot burn...

Suddenly, the whole thing exploded in a violent burst of energy, spraying all around, and all over Ashur as well, causing some severe burns. The grey shrieked in pain, but rapidly clamped its jaw shut, holding back the urge to scream because of the burns. He got down and rolled over a few times on his back, brushing the burning regions against the ground, taking the lava-like water off them.

He didn't want the others to think he was being irresponsible with his powers, but then the spots of singed, ruined and missing scales would tell the tale anyway... Once the pain was mostly gone, teary-eyed and shaking like a leaf with shock, the grey spun around, and abandoned its efforts for today. It headed back towards Sapphire's tree, hoping to get some pain relief.

It wasn't long before he was there, holding back tears from the oversensitive burned areas on himself being agitated by the cold air and dust. Walking over by the tree, he curled up carefully by it and tried to not think of the annoying itches and stinging sensations.

((The RP is really moving! This I like.))

Edited by Ælex

Tashrin looked up when Sapphire said he could come along to. He looked at Star. then he went and climbed up on to Sapphires back and looked at Star.

((Short post is short...))

Edited by little lost dragon

Star followed Sapphire too the tree, but when they got to it, Star climbed as high as she could without falling and stared at a break in the clouds. So pretty... those must be the stars. Those are what I've always wanted to see. So pretty... and look at that one. So pretty and blue... Star stared and stared, not noticing anything until half an hour later when the clouds covered the nebula. She sighed, and scanned the sky for another break in the clouds. Even if I do find another break, nothing could ever be as beautiful as that blue nebula I saw... but how do I know what it's called? Why did I long to see the stars when I didn't know what they are? Why is it only me and the big dragon that have wings? Why are my wings so tiny, when hers are so big? Why are my arms so weak? Why do I long to glide through the air, when I don't know if I ever can? Will my questions ever be answered? Why are some eggs big, and some eggs small? questions questions questions... will I ever know the answers? I have to find the answers myself... no one will help... no one will help...

After Star's weight was relieved from her back, Sapphire put Tashrin on the dusty floor and decided to sleep next to the other hatchlings that had decided to sleep under her tree instead of in their own nests. The rain had finally ceased, and everything had a wet and earthy smell. Ashur seem to be burnt, Sapphire observed as she curled next to him, she was far too tired to find out. Instead, she just turned into a winter seasonal and went to sleep, the slowly seeping energy caused by her sleeping would cool the storm's burns.

((I smell a timeskip. Who'd like to do the honors? smile.gif ))

Tashrin found the nest that Sapphire made for him and curled up wondering if he would get to sleep this time. It had been a eventful day. He hatches meets the world and a little critter that hurts then gets caught in a powerful wind and he ended up getting a power and now a few more hatchlings are here. He sighed though content and he closed his eye's and fell asleep.

Star watched as the other hatchlings closed their eyes and fell asleep. Why are they sleeping? I don't want to sleep... but why? Should I sleep? The other hatchlings are sleeping... but I don't want to now... I want to see the stars again... but the gray things are in the way...I'm hungry... the big dragon said something about a warm orb of light rising over the horizon... is that when I'll get food? Star closed her eyes and tried to sleep, but it was hard for the little nocturnal hatchling. When she did fall into a restless sleep, her dreams were full of flying though the night sky, of clear nights, and the blue nebula she had stared at through the gap in the clouds.

((Naaah we're just going to all RP us sleeping jk jk :P))

Once Star fell into her light sleep, not one dragon stirred. The island was still in a peaceful and quiet sleep, with the moon casting its soft and mysterious light over the silent land. It was a soothing end to such a dreadfully sorrowful day. Only one egg remained in the Underground Cave, and there was much to repair and create on the island. What could the reappearance of the gifts of Fire and Water do to effect the island's fate? Questions could not be answered at the time, night loomed around the inhabitants of the land and would not lighten its grasp until the moon sunk back into the liquid abyss called the sea.

Eventually, a wave of orange and pink emerged from the salty sea and its source could only be the sun. The ball of light brought with it new energy, and warmth, and a new day. Animals on the island slowly started to awaken, and the whole place was soon teeming with birdsong and the scuffling of animals left and right. Morning dew gave a fresh and revitalizing smell to the woodland areas, and even the animals deep inside the Sleeping Forest could feel the energy the new day had to offer. It was not only a new day, but also the last day of spring, though the fruits on the island had fallen out of their cycle of growing, the animals were more lively and plentiful as ever, and the temperature was starting to rise. The cool waters that the sea had to offer were more tempting than ever, and the shade was longing to be used.

(( I'm going to recap like this every RP day :'D))

Edited by kolodragon

Tashrin woke up when the sun showed its self. He blinked rapidly wondering why can't he look right at it. He stopped and looked around it after a bit. Did he hatch into a new world again? He wondered as he watched the sun rise. Eye's wide again he watched it. After a bit he got bored and looked at every one sleeping. He had a lot of siblings now...... or where they even related to him? Who knew they where siblings to him. They all came from the same cave and seemed to have the same mother. He looked back tot he sea of water and wondered things.

((She has yet to tel him that she ain't his mom lol

Ah ok.))

Edited by little lost dragon

Star's sleep finally became restful and quiet as the sun rose above the horizon. Sleep... She quietly slept while the others woke up. She heard small scuffling noises as she slept, but they didn't wake her up. Sleep... Dreams still fluttered around her head, but they were now quiet and blissful. Her dreams before had been loud and exiting, always threatening to wake her up. They were nice dreams, but these were nicer. Sleep...