kolodragon

The Island of Hope

((*Has been watching ACB all day*))

A short shriek went out for an instant as Sapphire escaped from the holds of drowsiness and shook her head. It sounded more like a surprised yell than a scream of pain, so she let it go, some of the hatchling were not making much noise or action, so Sapphire assumed they were getting tired as well. She laid in her nest as she looked below, everything had a orange and blue lighting, the hatchling guessed it was the ambiance of orange that came from the large magi that caused the orange light, so she paid no further regards to the light and decided to just sleep in her nest.

Nexote looked on, perplexed at Ashur running around in flames and then suddenly stopping. She walked closer to where Kyitei and Ashur were.

"You can set fire to self?" the hatchling asked. Turning to Kyitei, she noticed his paw was burned. Nexote concentrated on making her cloud grow a long, pink tendril of water vapor. It went over to Kyitei's injured paw and lightly touched it.

Then, it dissolved, making cool water droplets fall.

Nexote had a sudden decrease in energy. She had never actually tried shaping her cloud, although she had floated on it many times. Now, she felt a little tired, and yawned loudly.

((The water won't heal Kyitei's burn, obviously))

Edited by Durppie

Looking over towards Nexote, Ashur

'I guess so... -the grey shrugged, still somewhat startled by what had just happened- 'Was trying to get dry, and... Yes. -he added, lacking enough words to explain it all.

'Hey... you can heal? Can you take a look at this? -he asked Nexote and extended one paw. His right, his tainted one. The one that bared the uncanny sickly pale-ish hue to it, and dyed his fires a pale teal color upon its region whenever he used them there.

Whatever it was, he didn't want to stand out because of it, and was hoping the daydream might help.

Venarria gazed at the little scar for a moment, then shook her head. "I don't mind at all," she said. "Demonstrate it for me?" She wanted to see what this magi could do, and she wanted to know more about the hatchlings on this island.

Kyitei watched as the hatchling on the pink cloud descended and let the cloud sent a tendril in his way. Then cool water droplets ran over his paw.

"Thank you. It feel better."

He pointed with his uninjured paw at the cloud.

"May I taste some cloud?"

As the unborn hatchling grew too big for her egg, she started to push on her shell.

Moments later, the egg had a very small crack on the top, but enough for Kiara to take her first breath. As she took her breaths, a bit of wind snuck through the tiny crack and started to chill her egg. She was too tired and it was too cold to break out of the whole egg, she needed help.

Looking over towards Nexote, Ashur

'I guess so... -the grey shrugged, still somewhat startled by what had just happened- 'Was trying to get dry, and... Yes. -he added, lacking enough words to explain it all.

'Hey... you can heal? Can you take a look at this? -he asked Nexote and extended one paw. His right, his tainted one. The one that bared the uncanny sickly pale-ish hue to it, and dyed his fires a pale teal color upon its region whenever he used them there.

Whatever it was, he didn't want to stand out because of it, and was hoping the daydream might help.

As Ashur extended a paw towards her, Nexote noticed it had a sickly, pale look to it. "Don't know if I can heal paw. Sorry." She tried, and made the cloud tendril go to that paw. It didn't heal. Nexote looked sad. But, she was also curious about the tainted claw. "Did you touch something bad to make paw like that?" "Or something bite you?"

She turned to Kyitei.

"Sure, go ahead." "You can try cloud too."Nexote motioned to Ashur as she said this. She sent another wisp of pink condensed water vapor between the grey and the pygmy.

She was starting to feel sleepier after manipulating the cloud again.

Kyitei gurgled happily.

"Thank!"

He licked the cloud and was disapointed. He thought it would be sweet. It was cool though. The wetness slid down his throat.

He looked at the daydream hatchie.

"Sleepy?" He asked. she looked tired.

"Rest here!" Kyitei pointed at his nest.

Venarria gazed at the little scar for a moment, then shook her head. "I don't mind at all," she said. "Demonstrate it for me?" She wanted to see what this magi could do, and she wanted to know more about the hatchlings on this island.

Tashrin nodded then had the water slowly climb her leg to the minor scar. He thought in his head for the water to heal it away. After a bit nothing happened. He let the water drop back into a puddle "Guess it only works on me." he said not to sure if he even did it right.

Edited by little lost dragon

'Oh, alright. -he said a tad glumly.

'It's always been like this. -he added, glanced at the cloud, and answered: 'I'll pass. Thanks.

Putting his paw back down to the ground, digging his little claws into the soft soil as he did.

The tips of his fingers itched a bit for a moment, but he ignored it.

'You look tired all of a sudden... -he arched an eyebrow, glancing at Nexote.

"It takes quite some energy at first to shape the cloud, I think."Nexote said.

"It's my first time shaping it, although I've floated on it a lot with no problems."

The daydream yawned loudly again, and turned to the pygmy hatchling.

"Thanks, I'll try floating up to my nest...If I can." She flopped down on her cloud and floated upwards, much slower than normal.

Hours after making a crack in her egg, the hatchling finally got enough energy to make the crack into a small hole.

As the hole was only big enough for her snout, she cried for any kind of help.

'Well, uhm... I guess I'll go keep practicing, then. -the grey shrugged, nodded quietly and added- 'See you later.

And with that, he walked off, under the thickest tree canopies, looking for a reasonable practice area. Preferably somewhere nothing was flammable. Perhaps a cavern or a clearing...As he walked, he accidentally stepped into a puddle that was too deep for the newborn hatchling, and got his left claw almost completely submerged in muddy water. Taking it out, he squeaked disapprovingly and shook the mud off. What a mess... Someone could get stuck in there if they weren't careful...

'Hmmm... this will do... -he thought, after circling a few times around the mud puddle. Sitting down, he hovered one paw over it and focused on making it heat up.

After an arduous dozen or so seconds, he watched with joy-filled eyes as the water inside started to boil and bubble violently, letting off a lot of steam.

'Guess range matters... -the grey concluded, remembering he was trying to set the shrub from earlier from a distance of several meters, where as he was directly next to the puddle and achieved a much more significant result.

Deepening his focus, Ashur intensified the heat more and more, slowly but steadily pushing his ability's limits further and further, as was the intent of this practice session.

Edited by Ælex

Tashrin looked at the water not knowing why he could not but eventually shook it off. He looked at the water and started to try and have it raise again. It was not much so it raised easily. He had it raise to the full grown Magis head. "But it seems to follow my eye's if I tell it to in my head for some reason.." he explained

"Interesting," Venarria nodded. "How long did you say you could do this, and why?" She let her eyes follow the water, then dance to the little hatchling again. The dragoness could not believe the memories he brought back, yet he had something fresh and interesting about him. She paused again, waiting for him to work the water again.

Tashrin had the water blob start to act like it was trying to take shape "A storm came and the wind caught me and a few others off guard. It carried us to different locations and I landed in front of a shiny thing. A water dragon formed and told me she used to have this power and then told me it was for helping and healing. then a blue...... light came all around but it was making me calm some how." he explained and the blob was taking a extremely rough shape of a animal of some sort. "Then water dragon told me to help and respect Sapphire that she carrys..... memreys of them and so on. then water dragon vanished and shiny thing became a rock with a fish on it." he said

Venarria nodded. "Have you ever thought about how you could use, this," she spoke, gesturing toward the water blob, "to your advantage? I mean, do you need to know where the water is to control it?" The Magi knew they were on an island, but freshwater may have started to become scarce if they couldn't find and conserve it properly. She was sent here by Sapphire to help, and that was what she would do.

Tashrin shook his head "No not really. It heals me right away... I saw it work. But other then that I don't know. I just got it today to." he explained then suddenly the water blob dropped into the ground rather fast then came out. Tashrin looked wide eye'ed at it for a moment "All I did was looked at the ground..... if does what ever I think..." he said

"Hmmm," Venarria murmured, pondering the thought. She looked back at him. "Well, little one, I am going to go find something to eat and a cave to sleep in. I will speak to later, will I not?" The dragoness nodded and made her way deeper into the island. If whatever swept through here had killed the land animals, the only thing she had left to look for was fish, and she needed to find a freshwater body for that. Still too weak to fly, she lifted her head, taking in all the scents of the island, and then singled out the scent of water. Dipping her head to the ground, she found a trail and began to follow.

Tashrin nodded and blinked sleepy him self. The Magi left suddenly so he seemed to be alone now he looked around and went over to a tiny rock over hang and went in. He laid down tired. His last thought before he dropped was {Don't want to get wet, me sleeping.}

The helpless hatchling cried and cried and hoped someone could hear her, but nobody answered her calls. She then pushed on her egg some more, but had no luck.

She then cried a very high-pitched noise, easy for any near dragons to hear.

Tashrin could have sworn he heard something now that everything was quiet. He woke up. It was not a dream. Something very faintly was screaming. Eye's wide he followed it. He came to a rock. He went up to it and heard the screaming inside. He pushed with all his might. He started to bash it and it budged a tiny tiny bit. He kept this up. Something was wrong and needed help. He got the lid over enough to squeeze in a bit painfully and he dropped to the floor. An egg was emitting the noise. He went up to it very sore now. He got to it and sniffed it then went around and spotted the hole. Eye's wide looked into it to see what he'd find from a screaming egg.

Twenty minutes after Venarria had picked up her trail, she came upon something that surprised her more than anything else had on this island.

It was a garden. A garden, torn and battered by a storm, yes, but a garden nonetheless. She sensed it like she smelled things, like she tasted things, like she saw things. It was a fifth sense, and it screamed Magi. Venarria daintily stepped through the mess, looking about for a body of water. She found a reasonably sized pond, and though a bit disappointed, she knew the water hadn't been still, so it wouldn't have any pond scum and would be oxygenated. She dipped her snout into the cool water and drank, and let her eyelids drift over her eyes in relaxation.

Upon opening her eyes, she saw there were clams at the bottom of the pond. She dipped a foot into the water and scraped a few of the shellfish off of the water bed, and brought them to the surface. Her stomach growled, and though she wasn't terribly fond of shellfish, this would have to do.

Venarria immediately set to prying the clams open. She managed to work the tips of two claws into the small opening of the clam. The dragoness held her breath as she pulled each side in opposite directions, but the clam remained still, as if she were trying to split a rock. She groaned, releasing the pressure, then took a deep breath and tried again.

Unfortunately, this tactic was not working for her. Venarria sat for a moment, pondering what she could do. Suddenly, she remembered how the water dragon hatchlings on her old island would smash shellfish between two rocks. The dragoness set one of the clams on top of a smooth rock, then plucked one of equal size out of the water, but this one had much rougher edges. She slammed the rock against the clam a few times, and eventually the top shell cracked enough so she could remove it.

Venarria repeated the process with the next few clams and after peeling off the shell, gulped down the cold, slimy meat. Although she never really enjoyed seafood, it suddenly seemed much more rewarding.

The tiny hatchling rocked inside her egg. Will I ever get outside? Is there even an outside? there must be... there's always noise, noise, noise, all coming from outside. Can I make noise? I want to see the stars... but what are the stars? are they outside? I must get out! The tiny hatchling thought all this as it stretched its tiny wings. She headbutted the shell, trying to break through. She scratched the shell, punched it, kicked it, anything to get out. The space inside was to small and cramped. She wanted to see the night sky... she had to she the night sky...

Yet another dragon egg started to shake, Sapphire burst out of her sleep in a light sweat, she couldn't stand the three forces urging her towards the Underground Cave. From her tree, Sapphire could see the cave's entrance was already slight opened, so the dragoness flew from her tree all the way to the cave, flapping her wings only when nessassary. Inside the cave were the four remaining eggs and Tashrin. Sapphire carefully picked up a small, pearl-colored egg with her mouth. In her arms she carried an egg that glimmered like the stars in the night sky, and a black one that gave off a faint green light in the other. She tilted her head to Tashrin and nudged her head to the cave entrance to show that the magi should get outside as well and then boosted herself outside with at strong flap of her wings.