kolodragon

The Island of Hope

Venarria nodded at Sapphire, then looked down towards the young Magi hatchling, who was still stumbling over his prose. She smiled at him, baring her yellowed teeth. "Yes," she chuckled. "But when you grow older, your scales will be much shinier than mine, and you won't have my battle scars now will you? Not soon, I hope."

The Magi spread her wings, stretching out the soreness. "And you'll be even bigger than me." She shook and tucked her wings back to her side. Hatchlings were always a joy to be around for her, even though she wasn't the nicest of dragons.

Kyi tei ttook a bit of the cherry and pointed at the pink cloud.

"Pinly puff!" He cried "Can I eat cloud?"

Venarria turned to talk with Tashrin, so Sapphire decided to work on Sparrow's nest, the last of the ones she needed to make at the time. It was as good a tie as any, considering with materials decided to come to her due to the wind and rain. In a matter of moments, Sapphire had collected all the scraps of the wood in the area. After collecting some twine, the hatchling set to work building the nest frame.

'Needs salt... -Ashur thought involuntarily. He did not mind the meal he was eating being salt-less, but then, somehow felt it necessary to think that. He'd had a dream before of the same adult gray saying such a thing about most every meal it had. He found this curious.

At any event, after he'd gobbled down his meal, he got up and started following Sapphire around, watching what she was doing. At one point, he climbed up her tail and sat down on her back, intrigued.

'So, what are you making? -the oblivious little grey asked.

"I'm making a nest." Sapphire replied bluntly as she finished the frame of the nest and started weaving the bottom out of the plethora of twine and other vines she had acquired. Considering the nest was the fifth she had made the day, Sapphire effortlessly created the nest and had it rigged into a fruit-less tree next to her own, all with Ashur on her back. She worked deftly and quickly, even with Ashur on her back, and finally finished positioning the nest in the tree, it was able to support and contain an adult dragon, just like the others made earlier the same day. Sapphire then lined the nest with almost all of the dry moss and soft leaves she could find, save for the pile underneath her nest where some of the hatchlings had fallen asleep. "You should rest Ashur." Sapphire said, turning her head around to the storm after she had landed on the ground. She walked underneath her own nest and put the storm in a cavity made of the roots of her tree, in a nice cushion of moss nest to the other hatchlings. "You can sleep here, it's better to stay together in cold weather." After putting Ashur down, Sapphire turned to pick up another one of the dragons.

((Sorry, I didn't mean to post 2. It wouldn't load but I guess it did.))((Since I got accepted I'll RP on this post now :3

The egg sits there.

Rocking a little bit, eager to hatch.

Edited by DragonTrainer101

Tashrin nodded with wide eye's. To him she already looked shiny on the scales. He was to be even shiner? And bigger? He looked at her some more then when she spoke of fighting he looked away "I won't get scares. Water heals me. I had bite here *He showed he the spot where the spider bite used to be now looking like nothing happened* and then I hit some water and it healed right up." he explained.

Edited by little lost dragon

((Um these warnings are very few but um..... where'd I got second? (Me dyxlexlic so I suck at spelling (Fixed most of the time by spell check) And grammar (Which spell check is no good at)))

Venarria nodded. "Although battle scars are something to be proud of if present...they provide much needed credit for the effort put into the struggles. Do you come from here little dragon?" She lowered her head and sketched another dragon in the dirt, a small, wingless one.

((Second? What? You're dyslexic? You don't actually seem like you are.))

((Nothing to post..I might edit in something here to avoid spam.))

((Suprize. Yes I am though thanks cause you just proved that I'm getting better at hiding it smile.gif ))

Tashrin looked at the drawing of the wingless dragon. He then looked back up at her "So ba-batt-battle scares are good?" he asked tilting his head to the side in confusion. "And who's dat?" he asked looking at the drawing again.

"I suppose so," Venarria nodded. "This is my brother, Tynkuh. He wasn't a magi, but my mother gave his egg to me to protect...I don't have the slightest idea as to where he is." She drew her paws closer to her breast, so she wouldn't stir any further emotions that she'd rather not have to deal with. She shook her head and smiled at the young hatchling.

Within the darkness of a tiny, pearl coloured egg trapped within the chill of a cave, a small seawyrm pygmy shuddered, cold. She could hear the storm from within the walls of her safe haven - feel the cold wind sink into the shell of her egg, making her shiver more and let of a small squeak of discomfort. Unable to do anything other than protest, she trembled, her tail making the wall of the egg crack - it was colder there now. It occurred to her that if she kept trembling, the cold would get worse - something that did not appeal to her all to much from what she had experienced of cold so far. An ache gnawed at her stomach - her first experience of hunger, one that, coupled with the chill cold that was seeping into her, scared her for the first time in her short life. She let out a shrill, high pitched squeal, a lone call for help. It was cold, so cold...

Tashrin nodded as she spoke. When she shook her head he looked up at her seeing that she not to was or seemed to have bad feeling coming up to. first Sapphire now her. "Sorry I did not mean to make you sad." he said head bowed a bit. He then looked at a puddle and the water started moving.

'Cold shmold... -the grey thought, then waited until Sapphire had her back turned, before slinking away. He still had questions, and a hatchling's endless amount of energy to back his thirst for answers. Having still limited understanding of proper speech, the grey had issues sorting its thoughts out. They still seemed like urges, rather than logical plans. Right now, he wanted to see what he was now capable of. A few claw sparks or flames is all fine and dandy, but hardly beneficial.

Heading off towards the nearest cluster of trees and bushes, he got an idea... A simple way to put these fires to the test. Locking his eyesight onto a randomly picked bush, he started to think hard:

Burn, burn, burn, burn, burn... -at the same time picturing the bush engulfed in fires. After an arduous dozen or so seconds, nothing, so the hatchling gave up... for the moment. He went to check the plant, and found it was slightly warmer than before, a good sign.

Backing away again, he repeated his attempt, this time extending one claw at the plant. A few seconds later, a fine mist engulfed the plant, and Ashur gave up again. Sighing, he went over to check... and came to a happy realization. That mist was the water on the plant's leaves evaporating. Had he continued, the heat would have built up, and he would have succeeded in setting the shrub ablaze. However, it wold have taken well over a minute. Which is nowhere near viable for a fight.

But at least he knew that he had an ability to develop. As for now... best not risk starting a forest fire, even in that weather.

((Sorry for seeming so dull I can't do much with an egg))

As the unborn black hatchling sat right next to the cold unborn seawyrm, she could hear the tiny, painful cries.

The hatchling then started to cry with the seawyrm, she wanted the pygmy's torture to end. She herself wasn't very cold though, with a thick, dark shell she was warm enough.

Sapphire clenched her teeth as the two eggs in the Underground cave stirred, they would have to wait until the morning, it was far too cold outside the cave. The storm finally started to let out and became a blanket of water raining down, the thunder ceased, and the full moon was a blur in all the mist the rain produced. Stars faintly twinkled where ever they could shine through the clouds and the water as Sapphire yawned, it had been a long day. All the hatchling seemed to still be beaming with energy however, so the dragoness waited for the sensation of sleep to come, after all, it's always exciting the day one hatches, the night was still young and there was still obviously much to see.

Kyitei carried the cherries to his nest that Sapphire had made earlier.

"More Dragons here?" He asked.

((I have no insperation..))

Venarria watched intently as the water shifted under Tashrin's gaze. She had never known a Magi that had so much power over water. The Magi's she knew worked battle, healing, and mind magic, not elemental magic. The dragoness remained politely silent as she watched Tashrin undertake his ritual. She never had been so attentive to a hatchling that wasn't her own, and so it was shocking to herself for a moment that she was still talking to the little one.

Tashrin realized Venarria was watching him and the water intently "Water dragon gave me this ab-abil-ability. Saying it was for calming and healing and helping." he explained "Tho-though I can only seem to move it around some how...." he trailed off and started having the water move from the puddle and towards the grown magi "Ma- May I?" he asked as the water stopped at her for leg with a monior scar on it.

((Hope ya don't mind if ya do I'll edit it out.))

'Aw... -the grey paused. He was looking for something vulgar to say after that "Aw..." but was yet unfamiliar with profanity. Shrugging that aside, he quickened his pace back towards cover. It was starting to rain hard, and feeling wet felt... wrong.

Once there, the grey shivered in place for a few seconds, shook the water off, but didn't get completely dry... but then...

'Maybe if I... -he wondered, then focused on himself the same way he had done so on the shrub earlier. And not even a second later, he not only dried himself off, but lit himself ablaze!

Shrieking in terror, the grey ran outside in the rain and started to run around, panic-stricken, yelling in... pain? As bizarre as it appeared to him, the fires that had engulfed him did not hurt. They seemed to seep out of a little above his scales, and did not cause damage at all. The raindrops hissed as they came into contact with the flames, but did not extinguish them...

'Why didn't this work on that bush? -the grey wondered, but dismissed it. There was a bigger problem now... how to douse the flames. He had no idea how, and despite his best efforts, simply willing them to stop had as much success as the rainfall did.

Edited by Ælex

Kyitei had settled down when there Ashur said "Aww."

He had nothing to do so he decided to watch him. He looked uncomfertable as it started raining again. Kyitei pulled a leaf over him and continued watching with interest.

Suddenly Ashur caught on fire. Kyitei squeaked his alarm. Ashur seemed to be confused as well. The rain sizzeled away as it hit him. Kyitei noticed though, the grey didn't look like the fire was hurting him. He crawled over and quickly tapped Ashur, burning his paw.

"Why you no hutr?"

'I don't know... -he answered quietly, watching as the fires danced upon him. The tips of the flames waving and swishing... It was kind of mesmerizing for the grey...

'How to turn em' off though... I can't... -he started saying slowly- 'What is the way... I can't tell them to stop. -as soon as he uttered that final word 'stop' the flames ceased. It made no sense, why didn't it work the first time he tried?! It needed not much contemplation, Ashur simply concluded he hadn't full control of the fires yet, is all.

'I just... you okay? -he spotted the hatchling's burnt pawtip.

Kyitei nodded, stuffing his paw into his mouth.

"It listen to you." He mumble around his paw. "It stop when you say stop!"

he test it against the ground, I hurt a little but otherwise it was okay.

Kyitei Concentrated on making a fire come arounf his body. Nothing happened.

"Oh, well I can't do it."