kolodragon

The Island of Hope

"Whaa--eek!" Nexote squealed as the wolf attacked her. "Thanks." she said to the Nebula hatchling who had killed it. She wondered what she should do. The silver hatchling and the Nebula seemed to have neat powers that could kill wolves. As for her...she was limited to manipulation of her cloud. "Get fruit...okay." Nexote jumped away from a wolf about to snap at her, and concentrated on her cloud. When it was big enough to support her, the hatchling climbed up and floated away, looking for fruit. Nexote grabbed a plum, then another, and another. 3 plums. She could try carrying more, but an idea struck her. Maybe she could drop rocks on the-the...what was the word? Oh well. The hatchling floated down, and grabbed some pebbles as well as another plum.

((Where is Sapphire? I thought someone was carrying her?))

((The stone changed the color of Requiem's mane, but also apparently also turned her into a stage 2 hatchling.))

((Sapphire's on Isserdel's back I believe. I need to get back into this, even though school starts tomorrow. :I ))

((Oh geese I've missed a lot. I hope Lila is still part of this roleplay...))

Drako panted slightly. He muttered a spell and the bleeding slowed and then stopped. It would only last about an hour, but it at least helped. He was now exausted from the spell. A memory came to him. He had forgotten it over the events that had happened:

"Prince!" What are you doing here? It's late." a blue Nebula dragon called from down the hall. He walked up to a black alt dragon.

"Oh hello Amor. I couldn't sleep." replied the black alt. dragon who was looking out a window, "It's beautiful tonight wouldn't you say?"

"Yes, it is quite lovely, and look! There's my nebula!" Amor exclaimed smiling. He looked back at the other dragon and his smile faded, "Your parents are mad at you for refusing to marry, Armorum."

"I don't love her, Viridis loves her." the dragon replied.

"Drako, Drako, Drako." Amor said with a sigh. "You know your parents would never allow you to marry... I can't remember her name."

"Her name is, Terrell and yes, I love her." Drako smiled slightly as he thought of Terrell. She was beautiful. The most beautiful green Nebula in the intire kingdom. Only Drako thought that. Everyone else thought her eyes were strange. They were light blue instead of bright green. She was a warrior as were all Nebulas. Suddenly a door opened farther down the hall. Terrell stepped out and then stopped abruptly as she saw Drako.

"Oh. I'm sorry I interupted, My Prince." She said bowing her head.

"You didn't interupt." Drako said kindly. "Would you like to j-" Drako was cut off as another door opened and a blue Nebula stepped out,

"Terrell. Good your here. I was looking for you. Come, you have work to do." He turned to Drako and Amor, "My Prince. Sleep well."

"Come Terrell" He turned and walked out of the room.

"Goodbye." Terrell said quietly as she left before she was out of the room she looked at Drako one last time and shyly smiled. Amor whacked Drako lightly on the back of the head getting his attention.

"Get some sleep. You have a big day ahead of you." Amor walked towards another door leaving Drako to his thoughts.

After the memory faded Drako muttered one last word loud enough for Venarria to hear and then fainted. The word Venarria heard was this,

"Terrell..."

Venarria returned to Drako with a mouthful of herbs, and growled as she saw him collapse. The magi slipped under him to break his fall but quickly moved away, not particularly interested in being crushed. She spread some herbs on his wounds and repeated a weak spell, then felt her legs buckle under her. Don't tell me I'm dead, she thought to herself, but she was still awake. She just wasn't moving.

((This post is an utter piece of carp.

SEE I even got the name wrong gahd I'm terrible >.<))

Edited by Lila

Vrans decided to head back into the air with the passed out magi hatchling. He landed and looked around still expecting wolves to pop out of no where and attack. The orb was still with the 2 and well he had a trail of water where ever he went right now. He got to the gardens with a bunch of them and placed the orb back in its place. He looked at the magi on his back. Such scary power coming from a tiny little guy. He waited for otehrs to show if they survived.

Requiem looked around. There aren't many wolves left. She looked at Nexote, who was collecting some plums, then she looked at Star, who bravely fought against more wolves. Requiem quickly ran to Nexote and asked her for a plum. As she got one and ate it, she ran to help Star. The Silver looked at the hatchling and said:,, There aren't many wolves left! We almost did it!'' She jumped on a wolf, created a blade and killed the wolf. Two other wolves wanted to bite Requiem, but she jumped on a branch and roared. She created a blade and stabbed on of the wolves. But as the hatchling tried to create a last blade, she fell from the tree, because the wolf shook it. Requiem squealed, turned around and landed on the face of the wolf. The wolf growled, shook its head and threw Requiem against a big rock. Requiem panted and couldn't stand up, because the big, bad wolf put a paw on her and pulled Requiem to the ground. The Silver hatchling squealed again.

Teku moaned as he lay bleeding and nearly unconsious on his bubble raft floating in the air. Rana formed more bubble bullets, and with a flick of her webbed paw, she sent them into 3 of the remaining wolves. One died instantly, while one was severly wounded, laying peppered with holes on it's side. The other got a bullet in his hind leg, but was otherwise fine.

Teku, you have to live! Just hang on! The Shallow Water relaxed as she saw the gold dragon from before, and floated as fast as she could towards him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hatchling panicked as a wolf managed to pull Requiem to the ground. "Noo! Bad wolves, bad, baadd!" The hatchling looked at her arsenal of pebbles and plums. Nexote commanded her cloud to float her directly above the wolf's head. Then, she dropped a pebble. The wolf shook it off, and growled at the blue and pink daydream before returning his attention to the silver hatchling. Nexote decided to drop more, and more pebbles, even dropping a rock. The canine snapped and growled, tyring to rid himself to the falling rocks. Small rocks not work. She looked at the remaining plums. She could always get more. The wolf, getting rather irritated at the floating hatchling, lunged at her, his teeth only being inches away from the base of her cloud.

Knocked away in haste by a blue paw, an overripe plum split it's contents on the head of the annoyed wolf, blinding it temporarily.

((NO! Don't let it die!))

Star looked around the battle scene. The pink and white hatchling, the one that was always floating around on a strange cloud, was throwing plums onto the head of a very irritated looking wolf. The wolf's head was splashed with plum juice, and looked quite silly as it leaped around, tring to bite the hatchling while trying to rid its face of the plum. Star bounded over. She was exhausted, and wanted to sleep, but ran over to help the hatchling. She summoned all her energy and unleashed a bolt of lightning. It hit the wolf, which yelped before collapsing, Star swayed on her feet before she also collapsed. Before her eyes closed, she saw that there was only one or two wolves left.

((There needs to be a time skip till the fights over. The prolonged 'hopeless' fight ain;t keeping RP'ers in))

Drako moaned as another memory appeared.

Drako stood in his room and gazed into the mirror. He wasn't looking at himself. He was looking past that. He was thinking about what would soon happen. The king -his father- would retire and pass the crown to Drako now that he had become the right age. Soon after he would have to find a queen. Drako was planning on asking Terrel at the coronation. Drako jumped with a start as the large wooden door opened. Amor stepped in.

"I didn't mean to startle you my Prince" Amor's voice was kind and deep.

"It's alright. I was just thinking about the coronation." Drako replied.

"That's acctually why I'm here." Amor said as he walked into the room and stood beside Drako, "I came to get you, it's starts soon.

"Is it already that late!" Drako said in surprise.

"Don't worry. It hasn't started yet, but it's a long walk. We should get going." Amor laughed as Drako scrambled around the room. "Come on let's go."

Drako stood by the punch bowl as the guests arrived. Many of them were Nebula's. The army consisted of only Nebulas. Two glorious Sunsong Amphiters welcomed guests as they arrived. Almost all of them had arrived. They were waiting on only one or two more. They finally walked throught the doors. He met his parents at the door as they finished welcomeing the guests.

"Drako! Are you sure your ready for this? It's a very big task being king." The king asked drako as they walked towards the thrones.

"Yes father I'm ready" Drako said. He stopped in the front of the crowd and watched his parents as they anounced a full welcome.

"We all gather here today to witness the retirement of the king, and the crowning of the prince." His mother anounced with a smile. She turned and looked at Drako. "Prince Drako, will you please come over here." All eyes focused on him as he walked toward his mother. She turned to the King and nodded. He stepped in front of Drako.

"I the king of Shannara, have ruled over this land for 80 years. Today my only son turns the age in which he must take the crown, and I must retire. He will take on all of my responcibility's, and he will find himself a queen." The King took of his crown and Drako bowed his head. The King placed the crown gently on his head and Drako stratened The crowd cheered. Suddenly the doors burst open and everyone turned to look. A green Nebula ran up to Amor and spoke to him quietly. Worry spread across Amor's face as he listened. Drako barely heard him replie,

"Prepare the troops." As the Nebula left Amor hurried over to the king and spoke fast and quiet in his ear. The king nodded and Amor left. The King turned to the confused crowed.

"Please stay calm. Vampires are at the cliffs. were sending troops to fight them off."

The memory faded for now. Drako's breathing increased and he started to bleed again.

Star closed her eyes, exhausted. She could hear one last wolf, a large male, leaping around, looking for dragons to kill. It saw the small nebula hatchling, and rushed forward. Its large, cruelly sharp teeth dug into the scales on Star's tail, who gave a feeble yelp of pain. The wolf picked Star up, and was about to shake the poor hatchling when Star gave a massive, final effort and shocked the wolf. Its body went ridged, and it fell over, dead. Star painfully dropped to the ground. She landed on her feet, but immediately flopped back onto her stomach. She dimly registered the warm sticky stuff on her tail, which felt numb with pain, before fainting. At least all the wolves are gone...

((Here, ring, let me answer all your posts right here, instead of wasting space by answering generally the same topic three times.

First off, let's discuss TIOH's origins, and just how much everyone knows here. (Sorry guys, this might be slightly offensive to you all.) Ok, I, and I alone, am the only person who actually knows what's going to happen next, the others graciously go along with it, as most OP/RPer relationships should go for the RP to be successful. I would never have a backup person for a character, as I don't believe anyone would appreciate having their character mostly forceful taken from them when they've been inactive. Now then, about TIOH. This started off as the first RP I had created 3 or so years ago, when there were no real expectations to be met on the board. That meant that the original was chock-full of one-liners, and powerplaying on everyone's part. The main purpose of that version was purely to have fun with it in a contained setting, which I believe is similar with Hatchlings. With the creation of my second RP, Spirit, which was mainly just the afterlife of dragons, I decided that it would be interesting to have the plots intertwine with one another, that created Luna, Rai, and Petal, which are mentioned in the OP. (They're relevant to plot of this, the remake. Hint, hint.) A few years later, I felt like reviving the RP, and making it a far better version than what it was before. I flooded out all the powerplaying of the first one, but kept all the events of the old RP, wiping it with another hurricane. I think I'll stop here, because I'm starting to ramble. The point was, TIOH really is a complicated RP, and my baby, I won't let anything happen to it, and I know what I'm doing. So then, what's the point of not having hardships, even really boring ones, when the moral of the RP is clearly to not lose hope? Also, since the first version was three years ago, and the events really have nothing to do with the original, anyone can join, because everyone is pretty much just as confused as the next person.

To sum up this mainly-arrogant speech even more: We're not really as awesome as you think, but I'm not as directionless as I let on in the PM either. I appreciate you being a fan of this, but I really do know what I'm doing, and extremely busy. And if an important character's RPer is just too busy / unavailable, it's better, and more natural to just RP through it, than disrespect the person without their consult, and use their character.

My hand hurts now..IC post possibly later if I finish typing up some other stuff.))

With one last cut-off yowl piercing the deafening silence of the island, the last of the wolves fell to the ground. The dragons were victorious, never again needing to face off in battle against the mutated mutts. However, joy did not immediately flood the island, dragons were mortally injured, completely astounding powers had been discovered and applied, and much blood had been spilled. An eerie chill rang through the island, red painted the earth, and tainted the rivers and sea. The rancid, putrid stench of death and decay clouded the air, and gave it a heavy feeling. Overcasting the land was the feeling of loss and plague.

It was a chilly spring afternoon, and all was not well.

Nexote floated gently down to where Star was. "Bad wolves gone! Bad wolves gone!" she rejoiced, but not for long. She saw the nebula hatchling lying on the ground, bleeding from a wound in her tail. "Oh."

The hatchling placed her plums next to Star, so if she woke up, she would have a nice treat. The rocks she tossed off into a nearby bush as she searched for a tree with lots of leaves that would stop the bleeding.

Nexote trotted back to Star. She noticed another hatchling, the sliver one, also there. Feeling gulity, the Daydream gave her a few plums as well, before trying to wipe away the blood.

One thought prevailed in her head. Where is Sapphire and other nice dragons?

Vrans had struck another wolf in defense of the currently defenseless Magi on his back. After he saw the wolves stop coming he looked around still scared and sick of having water on him for the rest of the day. Very slowly, and skittishly he went to the gardens where the orbs where that the magi had possetion of right now. He went to the spot, being startled at ever crack or leaf faling. Once there the orb almost floated back to its spot. The little magi hatchling was still fast asleep on the golds back. Vrans looked around and wondered where everyone was now. He let out a call. More for the hatchlings sake. He had no idea how to care for the little fellow.

Requiem stood up, as she noticed that the wolf was gone. She couldn't stand on her left front leg. She touched it a bit, and at a point, it started to hurt horribly. ,,I-i broke my leg..!" she said, a bit scared. She looked at the Daydream hatchling and said:,,Hey, you! We have to get out of this place and find the others! And we have to take Star with us." and pointed at the Nebula. Requiem knew that they were still in danger. Before they haven't found the other dragons, they will be always in danger. Star needed help, and Requiem wasn't really o.k ,too. She took a plum and ate it, and then, she took Star and put her on her back,always trieing to not stand on her broken leg.

Edited by DragonFriend

With the sickening stench of dead corpses and dried blood, Sapphire fought to retain consciousness. Her throat was caked heavily in her own crimson blood, streaking her currently blue coat. Heaving out of the stinging sea, she slumped heavily onto the soggy shore, disregarding the waves of salty water lapping at her belly. She struggled to her paws and staggered across the beach, leaving a trail of blood and upturned sand. Breathing in the putrid air, Sapphire curled up and rested under a palm tree closer inland, straining to roll a tad on the ground in an attempt to close off her wounds.

As she refused to loose her bearings any longer, Sapphire took the moment that she had waiting her the others to get a hold of themselves to survey her wounds. There was the obvious, long gash across her neck, plastered in sand and stinging with salt water. Additionally, there were plenty of cuts and bruises along her limbs and wings, increasing her pain. The taint of the air was unbearable after a few minutes of gasping for air, Sapphire hacked a few droplets of blood out onto the beach floor. No, she refused to die, she was not going to meet her mother again just yet. Her breathing became more raspy with every breath of sickening air she breathed in. Was it the mass of dead bodies that was polluting the air with such vileness? She only hoped that she could live to find out.

Vrans walked around. No one had responded to his call. The hatchling on his back was showing signs of waking but not much. He could not scent anyone. The stench of blood was everywhere. It would be days before the smell fully cleared. He stumped out on to the beach. There was a trail of sand that looked like something hurt had hauled its way up the beach. He followed it to there guide from before. Seeing her state he gasped a little. He did not know much about healing how ever she needed to have those wounds cleaned then closed. He knew where fresh water was. He began to noes his head under her to roll her onto his back with hatchling. No time to think if she would steal a scale. Plus she looked to weak to do so anyway.

Star weakly opened her eyes, then closed them again. No need for waking up now. The wolves were gone. They must be, or no one would be shouting, "Bad wolves are gone!" If they were still here, she would be dead. Everyone would be dead. The wolves would have killed them... or did they? Was she the only one left? No, the pink and blue cloud hatchling was still alive. The scent of blood filled the air, making it hard to breath. She... she should be helping people. Not lying there, breathing in the scent of blood... maybe her blood, or the blood of someone else. Weakly, she opened her eyes a crack and surveyed the scene. There was a small pile of plums beside her, but beyond that were the bodies of fallen wolves, and blood... so much blood. Star closed her eyes again. She didn't want to see the blood. The inky blackness of her eyelids were much more pleasant to look at then the terrible bloodshed... She fell asleep, and had a nightmare, a nightmare as bad as the battle that she had just witnessed...

Requiem looked at Star. Star opened her eyes for a short, but she fell asleep again. Requiem looked at Nexote and said:,,Star woke up for a while. But she sleeps again. Can you please try to fly a bit around and look if Sapphire or any other dragons are around,please.'' Requiem went to a tree and put Star down on the ground. The silver was cery tired and needed some rest, too. She wanted to sit down, but she looked up into the tree and found her favourite fruit: pears! Requiem created a blade, stabbed the pear and took the pear off the blade. But suddenly she got a headache. ,, Ouch... Looks like I'm too tired for summoning any more blades...'' Then, she laid down, right next to Star, and ate the pear.

"Oh, okay Requiem. But first, you and Star need food." The Daydream drifted over to some trees and tugged on a peach. She started doing this until she had a good amount of fruits. Nexote then floated down and dropped the berries, pears, and plums she had gathered before floating away to look for the others. "I Nexote will be back! Stay here!"

She floated around, calling Sapphire's name over and over again in the hopes that she would respond. No luck. Her spirits began to brighten, however, when she saw 2 big dragons floating, just like her. One of them looked injured, but the other one...Maybe she knew where Sapphire was! She started streaking towards Rana.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xerana, using a pad of bubbles, was wiping away and cleaning the unconsious Black Stripe's wounds. This was not easy, since she was doing this as well as floating around on a bubble raft and trying to make sure Teku's raft did not drift away from her. Stay with me, please!

After some time, she saw two figures on the ground. One looked like that blue frozen hatchling who called herself Sapphire, and the other one was that funny-looking gold dragon.

Her attention was diverted by a pink and blue blur coming to her, fast. It took her sometime to figure out the blur was a hatchling. As the hatchling landed with a thump on her raft, Rana feared it would pop, but it held firm. The Daydream was shouting "Where is Sapphire? Requiem and Star hurt!" over and over again. The Shallow water tried her best to comfort the crying Nexote, and floated over to Vrans and Sapphire. "Hey, you there! Need help?"

Name:Sacrami

Breed:Dorsal dragon -Purple-

Personality: Sacrami was sent here by Sapphire, because of his knowledge. He was friends with a Sunsong Amphipteres and a Purple dragon. Both of which were killed by Vampire dragons. He though doesn't judge all dragons on their breed.

Others:Seasons

{Bumpy and is there still room inside this RP?}

((This died long ago that I know of, It needs either a large time skip for everyone still around to collect there chars or a reset.))

((Hey guys, I wandered back into this RP. If anyone is still around/is willing to continue, I'd be happy to lower the writing standard and maybe start this back up. It certainly won't be as active as before but if anyone wants to I'll be here for a bit.

Aurora if you still want to join you're accepted.

Polos! Hehe long time no see. I still remember RPing with you before! If you still want in on this RP feel free to PM me an app.))