kolodragon

The Island of Hope

Venarria groaned and pushed herself off of the ground. "Keep...going..." she whispered between coughs, though uttering the words was a difficult task. The dragoness broke into another sprint, but this one was slower, and lasted less time before she collapsed again. She roared as she hit the ground. "I defeated three Vampires at once," she snarled. "I'm not letting some puppies kill me!"

Venarria could have sworn there was some sort of wind blowing up behind her, because she was running faster than ever. Her agility was shocking, but she knew it was adrenaline. She needed to reach the water. At last, the Magi came to the shore. She tumbled into the sand, but kept crawling as quickly as possible towards the water.

Salt water never tasted so good. Luckily, large amounts of salt were not harmful to a dragon's body, and Venarria drank. Once she had consumed her fill, she lumbered into the water, knee deep. The dragoness closed her eyes and muttered a spell. Water seeped into every scratch, every wound, and it burned. She bit back a yelp, and continued the spell. At last, her wounds were healed, with only pale scars for evidence.

Venarria sighed. She was healed, but she was weak. Oh, so weak. She needed food. The Magi knew where to find it. But catching it...

that was a whole different matter.

"There are MORE of those things?" Star panted. She couldn't go on much longer. Her stomach was screaming, and her eyes were drooping. "Can't we just climb a really tall tree or something? Those things can't climb trees, can they?" Star looked around. She saw a tree, perfect for climbing. She darted up it, her claws digging into the bark. One branch at a time, she reached the top. On the tree were large red round things. They smelt good, so Star took a bite of one. Inside the fruit was white, and she could see that the red part was just a thin skin around the rest of the fruit. She gobbled it down, and grabbed another, and another, until her stomach was full. She relaxed and drifted off to sleep, confident she was safe from the wolves...

(Why is the frilled dragon appearing to everyone?)

Isserdel looked at Saphire and considered it then nodded. "I think I can, at least for a short time. She doesn't look to heavy, but we need to go now!" She said.

Requiem looked up to Star, and opened her mouth... She couldn't believe, that she can sleep in such an important battle. Requiem won't be victorious against seven more wolves. Requiem jumped and ate a small bite of a fruit that growed near the ground. She felt how the energy came back into her body. Her eyes started to glow in the same colours as the stone that she found a while ago: emerald green and saphire blue. The colours changed every few seconds. Requiem closed her eyes and she felt that the seven wolves are comeing. Requiem dropped on the ground. It looked like shes death. After a minute, the wolves arrived and found Requiem. The wolves sniffed and one of them barked surprised as he found out that that silly hatchling was alive. Requiem opened her eyes, jumped an her four feet and roared. A mighty wave of power came of Requiems body and surprised the wolves. Two of them flew away and landed in a tall tree. They collapsed. The Silver hatchling jumped on a branch, roared again and two blades arrived. Her tail swiftly sognifyed to the ground and the blades stinged two wolfs trough their chest. One wolf ran away in fear. The other two growled furious at Requiem. She jumped down again and created two last blades. The hatchling was very. very tired of creating blades and the power explosion... The blades fell on the wolves and as Requiem heard a scream of pain, she closed her eyes... It was over... But suddenly!! Requiem cought as a heavy, big wolf laid on her small body. The last wolf avoided the blade. Requiem screamed panically as the wolf pinned her to the ground so she couldn't move. -You are mine, silverscale- the wolf whispered but Requiem didn't understood it. The wolf scrached Requiems head and she screamed up again. Then, the wolf opened his giant mouth and bite Requiem in her tummy. But as the wolf jumped off Requiem, he suddenly died. A blade was in his back, righ trough his spine. Requiem looked at the dieing wolf, and she smiled triumphant, but then, she collapsed. She screamed a last time the word:,, Help...'' Then she closed her eyes, a shallow blood puddle came from the wolves bite... Everything went dark... She hoped for a miracle...

((Wow, im really proud of this post biggrin.gif 2240 characters!!))

Drako was still fighting the wolves. More had shown up after Venarria left. He was glad she had gone to help the others. His rage was dying and he was becoming weak. A she-wolf lunged for his neck. As it latched on he was sure it had hit his wind pipe. He realized it had only barely missed. The she-wolf growled viciously at Drako as he swipped at her. He growled back and bit her on the muzzle. She yelped and released her grip. She ran towards the other wolves. They stared at her and then at Drako as she coward behind them. Drako growled and began limping toward them. They backed up and then turned and ran. Drako sighed in relief. He was done fighting for today. He colasped in exaustion. Now he just had to wait for Venarria.

Venarria struggled to lift her body off of the ground. Every ounce of her weight was more a pound now, and fatigue was just around the corner. She couldn't sleep. That was much too dangerous. But the dragoness couldn't fly either, and reaching the magi garden would be a feat. She blinked, making a difficult decision in her head.

During the commotion, a dolphin had beached on the shore. She had laid there, squealing desperately. Her skin was dry and she was weak, and Venarria wished she hadn't had to do this. But she did. The Magi stepped to the dolphin and sunk her teeth into her windpipe. Her victim squealed loudly with pain, but Venarria remained silently latched on until the breathing stopped. She devoured most of the dolphin, leaving only bones and organs.

Refreshed, Venarria stretched her wings and murmured a spell that would allow her to use all of her energy for a few hours before collapsing. She took only a moment to debate helping the hatchlings and helping Drako. If I help Drako, she pondered. He'll help the hatchlings as well. It's settled. The dragoness took to the air and soared to Drako, who had fallen, battered and weak. She landed beside him, heart still beating fast. There was so much damage, she didn't know where to start.

Venarria licked away the blood and began to panic. She'd need more than magic to heal him. The Magi snarled to herself and quickly deicded what she would require. "Okay, Drako," she spoke, voice shaking. "I'm going to go to the Magi Garden and get some herbs to heal you. Stay here and stay awake. If you fall asleep I don't know if I'll be able to wake you up." She looked in his eyes. He had the eyes of a fighter. Just like...No. Stop thinking about your family.

Rana nodded. "Yep. I can make bubble platforms for anyone who can't fly." She sent some more bubble bullets at the wolves before making large bubbles, then making them stick together and harden as to not break under one's weight. Teku was close to fainting from blood loss, and lay on the ground. The Shallow Water dragged him onto a floating bubble raft, and got onto one herself. "Well," she motioned with her fin to the other rafts, "there's more."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nexote was frozen in fear. Neither did she or her cloud move an inch. But when the silver hatchling screamed for help and fainted, she couldn't stay still. She hovered over to another tree and took as many leaves as she could, pressing them together to make some sort of pad. It was fragile and imperfect, but it might stop that horrid bleeding... Nexote commanded her cloud to lower down to where Requiem was, and placed the pad on her bite wound.

Star woke up as she heard a scream. She looked down and was horrified to see the silver hatchling bleeding on the ground. A daydream hatchling was sitting next to her, pressing leaves onto her wounds. Star leaped down from the tree, anxious to help. She had tried to protect the younger hatchling, but she had fallen asleep, safe in a tree, leaving the silver hatchling on the ground. More wolves were coming, smelling the silver hatchling's blood. Star ran in front of the other two hatchlings and stood there, growling. Electricity arced between her horns, threatening to jump out and hit the wolves if they made a move. One charged at her, but was stopped in his tracks by a jolt of electricity. He had been knocked out, and the other wolves stared at the small baby dragon that had electrocuted their friend. Two more charged, and were also knocked out by jolts from Star's horns. The others ran away, growling at the hatchlings. Star stood guard over the other hatchlings, trying to protect them from any more wolves. So sleepy... No! I have to stay awake! I can't let the other hatchlings get hurt!

Vrans looked around and opened his wings "I'm headed for the beaches. That way if they follow I'm not fighting on more then one front."He said and took off Tashrins water sheild with him due to having Tashrin with him.

((I meant Ælex (Actually, he has a reason.), DragonTrainer101, haptic, etc.))

Finally the seemingly endless waves of wolves started to thin out. The Alpha set down the majestic horn and charged with the remaining wolves, a look of pure hate as it lunged at Sapphire.

Once again Sapphire bolt out of the realm of consciousness, her wounds clotted and still searing with pain. Mustering up all the power she had, Sapphire transformed into an autumn seasonal and stood on all fours, a deadly gaze on her face as she faced the leader of the wolves. If she took out the leader, surely the others would falter. With a powerful push of its hind legs, the Alpha made a strike at Sapphire, an attack fueled by the grudge it had against her for successfully driving the wolves away seasons ago. As drool from the gnarling teeth of the head wolf sprayed everywhere, Sapphire leaned to the left and grabbed the wolf, letting out all the energy she had. The wolf suddenly limped over, its fur looked longer and more matted as it bit the dust. Its scars looked more faded than before, and its claws looked like they had dulled. A dark expression hung on Sapphire's face as she collapsed yet again, her wound opening again and pouring out more blood than before.

Sapphire's killing of the leader of the wolf pack did not the other wolves' actions at all. Not one of them even seemed to have noticed that their leader had just been defeated, they attacked with the same energy as before, wishing death upon all the dragons that live on the island.

"Sapphire! Great ---!" She was cut off by the wolves attempting to scratch at her raft, leaping up in the air to bite her. Rana slapped one in the muzzle hard enought to break teeth, getting a small cut there in the process. Teku lay on his platform, barely consious and looking on with amazement. Sapphire can change into different seasonal dragons... Three wolves saw the black stripe and snarled with a mixture of hate and relish. They tackled his bubble raft, sinking it and snapping at him. Tekunin whimpered in pain; he had no energy left to scream. Rana panicked and peppered his tormentors with bubble bullets, at the same time, willing the occupied rafts to float in the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The leaves seemed to be stemming most of the bleeding. Nexote had no idea what to do. Wish Sapphire was here,she know what to do. The hatchling noticed Star standing over them, with electricity crackling between her horns.

She was worried about Requiem's, and the nebula hatchling's safety. "Um..."

Requiem slightly opened her eyes. She was very weak. Breathing was pure pain for her.

Requiem tried to stand up. But her wound still bleeded. A small Daydream hatchling pressed some leaves on her wound. She looked at her gratefully. Then she saw Star, shocking some wolves. Requiem felt save. The most importand thing to do was stay awake. She layed down again and watched the fight from Star and the wolves. She gently whispered the words:,,Thank you all..." Then she slowly closed her eyes and fainted.

Isserdel was preparing to fly when Sapphire fell to the wolf leader. Isserdel considered leaving her, she didn't have any ties to any of the people here after all. She could just move to a different part of the island, rest up, then move again if need be. She could not forget the kindness that Sapphire had shown her however and turned, breathing fire at the wolves in her path. She ran, slashing and biting at wolves all the way until she reached Sapphire. Grabbing the other by the back of the neck near where a mother dragon would grab a hatchling, she slung the other over her shoulders and turned, running after the others towards the beach, albeit much slower then them.

Darkness... Everywhere darkness... Requiem floated in the endless darkness of her mind. Requiem only knows that she fainted. And then she appeared on this strange place. The hatchling tried to run or fly but it was worthless... She couldn't escape the darkness. A teardrop rolled down her cheek. She was scared... and alone. Suddenly, her stone started to glow. Requiem smiled a bit and covered the stone in her little hands. She looked at the stone. After a while, a dragon appeared! It was the same dragon as she saw at the beginning of the battle. The Vampire dragon looked at Requiem, the he said:,, Hello, young one. I see, you found the stone.''

Requiem asked confused:,, The stone? What do you mean with that?? ''

The Vampire smiled at Requiem and said:,, Don't worry, you will understand everything when the right time comes. You are allowed to return to the real world and win the fight against the wolves. Go, little warrior, your friends need you!'' A violet light covered the Vampire as he started to disappear. Requiem called:,, But when!? Please tell me!''

But the dragon was gone. A blinding light flashed and Requiem closed her eyes again...

((Edit: The stone used magical glow! But nothing happened biggrin.gif ))

Edited by DragonFriend

((I'm debating about whether or not I should allow that DragonFriend.))

In the darkness, Sapphire lay adrift, she couldn't establish a solid conscious, despite her strong wish to jump back into the heat of the battle. She could still hear the struggle between the wolves and dragons even in her unconscious state, but she couldn't move at all. Something picked her up by the scruff, and Sapphire had no idea how she knew or if knowing that was reassuring or dreadful news. Her whole body ached as she felt movement in her void, where was she going? There was no energy left for her to use, and she could only hope she wasn't half-way to the land her brother and his mate had once escaped, surely this was not what death felt like.

Edited by kolodragon

Vrans landed by the beach and then shortly afterwards a lot of water hit him and a small thump landed beside him. The little magi with scary water powers had passed out. He picked up the little guy and ran into the water to tired to fly long enough to get anywhere. With water pouring off his back and stuff he waited in the water for the wolves to come and finidh him and Tashrin off.

((Me thinks the wolves and the fact that they just keep coming no matter chased everyone off. And I though the power stone where only (hence only" handed out by kolodragon due to details that hinted at a big plot.))

((The wolves are still attacking. Vrans just took off with Tashrin and thats about all I know whats going on heh))

Requiem opened her eyes again... She was in the real world. The hatchling looked around and felt some leaves on her tummy. Then she saw Nexote and Star! Star was protecting Nexote and Requiem. She stood up and said to Nexote:,, Thank you, I'll be fine now!'' As the Silver jumped beside Star, she saw that she was very sleepy. ,,Don't worry! I will help you now. Lay down and rest a bit. And Nexote: Please try to get some fruits for you and Star. You'll need them.'' Requiem growled at a wolf, jumped, and landed on the wolf. She created a blade and stabbed it. Two more wolves were comeing. She pressed her body to the ground and waited. As the wolves arrived, Requiem roared, created two blades, took them in her hands, and ran to the wolves. The Dragoness jumped again, stabbed one wolf trough its spine, and the other one in the chest, trough one lung. She jumped in front of Star again and waited. She'll protect Star and Nexote, no matter how hard it'll be!

Edited by DragonFriend

((

Q: How does aging work?

A: After three RP days since the dragon has hatched, dragons are allowed to advance to stage two. Stage two allowance with be reminded during the day recaps. By the fifth day, they must have grown to the second stage. On the sixth and seventh day, the hatchling must age into an adult.

Really sorry DF, I forgot to tell you that you have to wait. Maybe have the stone do nothing 'till it's allowed for Requiem to age?))

No more wolf reinforcements were bolting out of the dark bowels of the forest. Because the attacks of the hatchling and adult dragons were so fatal, not very many of the mutts were given the opportunity to retreat to the safe haven of trees and recuperate. Though they left almost all of the dragons injured heavily, the wolves had not yet been successful in taking a life. Many many of the furred beast still ran amuck even though no new wolves appeared out of the shadows, it would still take a strong effort to fight back against the powerful force of the canines. Most of the remaining wolves charged after the fleeing adult dragons. The large pack of remaining wolves took to the water and swam to the dragons with ferocious finesse, their anger fueling there every padding of the paw. Three of the beasts went after Sapphire in an attempt to end the life of the one who killed their leader. She was floating in a puddle of her own blood and still unconscious, unaware of the impending doom.

((Wait: What does the stone do!?))

Star blinked. The silver hatchling was awake, and fighting! What was she doing? She should be resting. She had been unconscious a moment ago. Star jumped onto a wolf that had been lunging towards the pink and blue hatchling with the cloud. She dug her claws into the wolf's furry back. It leaped around and bucked in fury, trying to get her off. Star sent a jolt of electricity through it, and it slumped over, knocked out. Star leaped free as it rolled over. It would have crushed her if she hadn't moved. She zapped a she-wolf as she attacked, and she ran away, yelping. Star smelt burning fur. She guessed it was from the she-wolf's tail-fur, some of which had been singed off. She was looking around for more enemies when she heard a wailing. Star walked cautiously into the bush. A small wolf pup was crying. It had followed its parents into the battle, both of which had been killed. It cried and tried to crawl away from the scary black scaly thing with the lightning arcing between its horns, but it was to weak and collapsed. Star stopped the electricity from arcing and walked over to the pup, gently nuzzling it with her nose. It stopped trying to escape, thinking maybe the black thing wouldn't hurt her. It sat up and licked Star. Star began thinking of something to do with it. She had to hide it somewhere where it wouldn't get hurt by the battle. She gently picked it up by the scruff and put it in a large hollow in a tree close to the ground. It would be safe there. Star ran out of the bush and back into the battle.

Edited by Backup77