kolodragon

The Island of Hope

Vrans clawed and slashed. His scales where taking most of the damage. Thankfully the wolves did not know to pull then out then they could get at his skin. Though they where trying hard to get at his wings. Most likey to get at the poor frozen in fear hatchling. "Anyone, we need to get close. Back each other up. We'll have more of a chance and they would not be able to surround us." he yelling catching one in the muzzle claws raking his noes as it tried to back up in time

Rana bit and slapped at the wolf pinning her down, trying to get him off of her.

Nearby, Tekunin was fending off the large female wolf on him.

The Shallow Water's scales managed to sustain some damage. Her head fin had become tattered from the wolf's bite, though. She screamed in pain and smacked the wolf's maw hard enough to break away some teeth. The wolf backed away from her, spitting out a tooth and some blood, but never taking his eyes off of his adversary, who was beginning to get up and face him.

Teku was having it worse. Striped Dragon skin was more leathery than scaly, so the she-wolf found it rather easy to slice him. He clawed and bit back in response, but the wolf was still on him. He winced in pain at the large claw marks near the base of his already-tattered wings. He screamed "Rana! Help me!" as he got another slash, this time on his neck.

Xerana heard her friend's scream. She turned to go to him, but the wolf saw his chance, and tackled her yet again. Rana whirled around and flinched. On instinct, she put up a bubble sheild. It popped when the wolf came in contact with it. The wolf sat, a bit stunned at what he had seen. Then, an idea formed in her head. She made a tiny bubble, and hardened its outside. At her command, the bubble sped towards the wolf and penetrated his head, killing him. Lucky shot. The dragoness shot similar bubbles at Tekunin's opponent, keeping it up until the wolf was mortally wounded. She dragged Teku over to where Vrans was, and began shooting lttle bubble bullets at the wolves fighting Isserdel as well as biting at the wolves nearby.

((Din't know they where that close. Oh well works for me))

Vrans was currently struggling to get at the wolves that refused to get off his back. At is till bubble bullets came. He nodded his thanks and then was distracted again as more came "How many of these beasts are there?" he asked allowed fear being replaced with anger. He came here for a safe spot not to fight off over grown wolves that know how to kill dragons. He growled and sliced at one that had jumped at him a little to hard cause it was sent spinning away mid air missing its muzzle.

((assuming the four wolves left were attacking Venarria))

Venarria let out a desperate roar, flinging two of the wolves off of her. They limped off, obviously defeated. The last wolf clung harshly onto the thick skin of her shoulder. The Magi muttered a spell that sent only a few volts of electricity through her. Though it burned her skin in some places and weakened her greatly, it caused the wolf to lose its grip. She swatted at her attacker with a clawed paw, leaving long, red marks across its face. The wolf leapt at her face, sinking its teeth onto her muzzle.

Venarria attempted to shake it off, but the more she moved, the deeper it cut. She whimpered, at a loss for what to do. Why can I not remember how I defeated that Vampire? she thought, eyes narrowing. Her heart was racing causing more blood to pour out of her wounds. Another wolf leaped on her, sinking its teeth into her flank. The dragoness reared up, digging her claws into the skin of the wolf on her muzzle. It threw its mouth open, letting out a yelp. She sunk her long teeth into his jugular, immediately killing him. The mere baring of her teeth at the wolf on her flank scared him off.

"I hope that's all for now," she muttered, coughing. Venarria limped to Drako and looked up at him. He was a bit battered up as well. She forced a smile as she lay down beside him. The dragoness rested her head on her paws and sighed. And I thought I was done with fighting.

Edited by Lila

Sapphire was breathing heavily as a she-wolf reopened her wound, the hatchling collapsed to the floor from exhaustion and from loss of blood. Her mind told herself to stand up and keep going, but she was still other than the slowed breathing her body could still manage. She had faced off against a giant winter seasonal before, a hurricane had not bested her, and she had endured the abuse of her own power, Sapphire would not die, she needed to make sure the island would thrive. The seasonal's resolve gave her enough energy to lift her head and slowly stand on four legs. Several wolves surrounded her, growling at the heavily injured dragoness, aware of every action she made. With another howl from the Alpha, the wolves rounded themselves up, and reinforcements prowled out of their hiding places. These wolves looked better feed than the others, their pelts gleaming health in the sunlight, their claws deadlier than the earlier ones. A flick of the Alpha's tail, and all hell broke loose, Sapphire managed to shoot down two wolves before her lack of blood got the better of her and she collapsed once again.

Three more patrols of wolves rushed through the clearing, their noses caught whiffs of the hatchlings, and they pursued. A patrol stayed to climb the trees, in search of their defenseless prey as the others followed the scent of the lower ranked wolves to the location of Vena and Drako.

Vrans growled. This was not looking well. then the water stopped and started flowing. In his wings a small opening was there. One pointing at Sapphire who was now down. {The hatchling. whats he doing?} he though.

Tashrin had stayed frozen in fear. Hearing yelps and growls and the noises of fighting. But when he saw Sapphire the one he thought as mom go down. He regained control. He knew his power was not for harming but eveil creatures would do more hurt if he stayed and did nothing. He started to have the water circle around him. He knew that if water moved fast enough water hurt. He started to do this. Then he came out of Vrans wings using the water coming from the orb to fuel the ring of water that was picking up speed around him. "Evil creatures!" he called though not understanding anger at all but feeling it. "You harm innocent!" he yelled then had the ring start expanding out wards going at now harmful speeds "You leave now!" he almost screamed all the while his anger fueling his power.

Mean while Vrans was wondering what the heck was going on.

((Seems like the right time to have a power explosion. The odds seem high enough. Though if I need to edit let me know))

A wolf dug its claws into the Sapphire's pear tree and climbed up to Kyitei, it looked around, looking for the hatchling it wanted to kill. Its furious eyes made contact with the two small dragons' as at creeped up to them. With a powerful swipe of its claws, the two were injured and pushed into a crowd of wolves awaiting them at the bottom. Another wolf make its way up to a tree and tackled Nexote's cloud to the ground, decreasing the cloud in size and power, exposing the daydream dragon to all the dangers around it. The wolves closed in, toying with their prey before effortlessly finishing them off. Star was safe in the high position her nest was placed, Sparrow and Kiara were covered in the smell of pine as they laid beside Sapphire's tree, sleeping the danger off.

((Why are almost all the hatchling inactive? D:))

Edited by kolodragon

The water ring grew more and more fueled by uncontrolled anger and more water kept coming from the orb into it. "LEAVE!" Tashrin screamed at the top of his lungs then the ring expanded rapidly now with enough speed to hurt anyone who got caught in it. Though Tashrin did not want to harm the other dragons he hoped he was missing them and hitting the wolves back. Which many where backing away having not seen this before. A few got caught and where sent flying back. The ring expanded more til it was over the 4 dragons then stopped expanding. Only due to Tashrin at his max range for this but he was still mad.

((Me's dunnu))

Edited by little lost dragon

((Try to bring OOC only post to the OOC, and yes.))

Edited by kolodragon

Requiem was scared. Kyitei was gone. What should she do? She is just a hatchling. After a while, Requiem decided to run away. She ran as fast as her four short legs allowed it. She looked behind her back, and suddenly the hatchling bumped against a furry,big leg. A drop of slobber fell on Requiems head and she looked slowly above her. There was a big, growling wolf. Requiem screamed up and ran trough the wolves legs. The wolf barked and followed Requiem. The Silver knew, that she wasn't fast enough to escape the wolf, so she drifted behind a tree. The wolf growled and looked behind the tree. But Requiem was already high in the tree. But the wolf didn't gave up and shaked the tree. Requiem lost her ballance and fell of the tree. She landed on the ground. She bleeded a bit. The wolf howled and looked at Requiem. The dragonness had no chance. She just screamed up and hoped for a rescue.

Kyitei shreiked as wolves attacked the adults and Sapphire.

Peeking over the egg side, he saw each of them were occupied with the other adults but Tashirn was in there!

"Go go!" He reached Sapphire. "Sapphire! What happened?" She was hurt. "How do I help?"

((I'm going to ignore all of this because it makes no sense.))

In the heat of the moment, Requiem tried to imagine using magic to destroy the beast that was about to maul her. In a flash of purple light, the wolf was smacked by a glowing force to a tree. A pinkish-purple orb lied at the silver hatchling's feet, it glowed a mysterious power, it seem not hot, nor cold, nor solid. The orb's glowing intensified as time seemed to stand still, and a vampire dragon, shrouded in an eery purple light faintly appeared. None of the other creatures seemed to be able to see her except Requiem. This is the power of Psychic, the ability to smite your enemies using your mind, use it in your hour of need young one. The only power that was not able to be passed on to others. You can form blades of power to destroy your enemies by using your mind now. The dragon and orb disappeared and time resumed, the wolf shook itself as it lumbered back over to Requiem, clearly agitated at the silver hatchling.

((Will be gone for three days, I don't know if I can post anything in that time.))

Nexote woke up to howling. She shivered. Even though she was a hatchling, she knew these creatures could kill her.

She saw a hatchling that shone silver and looked rather pretty. She had fled up a tree to escape the wolf and failed. Then the wolf near the silver hatchling was smacked against a tree, and had walked back to Requiem.

The daydream pressed her cloud against the wolf's nose that had tackled her until it withdrew, snarling. She willed her cloud to lift her up, over to where Requiem was. The wolf snapped at the cloud when it rose, but it went just out of reach. Nexote hovered protectively over the silver hatchling. If the wolves attacked now, she would be killed most likely, but at least she could try.

Drako Winced as he sat down. His shoulder had a steady trickle of blood flowing down his leg to form a small puddle on the ground. The injury by his left eye had stopped bleeding, but it was still quite bad. The red hints in his eye were disappearing as he calmed down and the rage that had burned inside of him was replaced by sadness. This is what had happend last time. He had unleashed the fire inside of him. He had lost control. Luckily this time no one had been hurt.

Drako had never wanted to fight again after what had happened the first time.

Venarria glanced up Drako. He seemed uneasy. "Drako?" She spoke softly, so she wouldn't cough. "Are you alright?" The dragoness gazed the wound on his shoulder. She licked off the blood and placed her paw on it, murmuring a weak healing spell. It didn't do much, but it stopped bleeding and closed up the skin so it would not become infected. Memories flooded Venarria of when she had first endured battle, and had to weakly heal all of her family until a white dragon came to patch them up more potently. A cold wind sent a chill down the Magi's back. She sighed and shook her head, but in doing so caught a scent.

More wolves... The thought pounded in her head. "Drako!" she said urgently, biting back a shout. "Drako there are more wolves coming!" Venarria was too weak to fight, and she was afraid of how Drako might react to more wolves. The dragoness dug her claws in the dirt and contemplated quickly. "We need to get to water. I can heal us if we get to the water."

The water that the hatchling had unleased passed over Isserdel leaving her unharmed, but frightened. If a hatchling could do that at this age, then what would it be like as an adult? She put these thoughts from her mind and instead focused on the immediate danger. The wolves were still there, just held at bay. If the hatchling lost concentration, or his endurance failed (far more likely) then they would be in the same situation as they had started in. She looked at the others and considered leaving. They had chased her after all, but they also had welcomed her and forgiven her theft. That meant something to her, and it also meant that she couldn't leave without them.

"We need to run!" She said over the rushing water. "Can you all fly? If so we should do so. Unless they are magic wolves, they can't get us then."

Vrans looked over more scared again then anything else "I can but not for long." he replied "And I don't know how long this little guy can keep this up." He replied. "Can you carry sapphire there? I got a hatchling with scary amounts of water rushing around." he said again.

Tashrin was beggening to tire but his fury at the wolves was still fueling his power. At this rate when it stops he'll pass out for a good bit.

"More wolves are coming!" Venarria had said. Drako's inner fire that he had tried to keep locked up burst from it's cage. The fire again raged in him.

"Go" Drako said keeping his eyes fixed on where the scent was coming from, "Go to the water, and then find the others. Help them." One of the wolves entered the small clearing hoping to surprise them but instead it was surprised when Drako roared. Fire blazed from his mouth and was inches away from the wolf. It yelped and jumped back. Then it turned and ran tail tucked into the trees. The other wolves walked in and stared at Drako and Venarria.

"Go!" Drako shouted as two wolves jumped on his back. He rolled over crushing them beneath his wieght. Three more wolves circled him hungrily two tried to jump on his back, but instead ended up on the ground as Drako opened his wings. He continued fighting, keeping the wolves from reaching Venarria.

Venarria jumped up. "But what about--" She was cut off by the sound of wolves, then Drako's attacks. The dragoness snarled at them and began backing away. "Nevermind," she shouted. "But I'm coming back for you!" Blood was still dripping steadily down her body, and though she was weak from casting so much magic, she bolted for the shore. The Magi's wings had been torn during attack, and so she was bound to the ground. I hate this, she thought, growling to herself.

A rock in Venarria's path sent her stumbling. She shrieked as she tumbled to the ground, the hideous sound of debris scraping scales. The dragoness doubled over in a fit of painful coughing. She coiled up and held her wings close to her body, to protect her vulnerable areas. "I need you," she whispered hoarsely to herself.

Edited by Lila

Star yelped. When the wolves had come and attacked her, she had fled, running as fast as she could, searching for a tree that she could climb, anything she could use to escape the slobbery mouth that was trying to devour her. She had found the tree with her nest in it and climbed, fear propelling her to scratch at the trunk, shooting up the tree faster than she thought she ever could. Now she was staring down at the wolves that had gathered around her tree. Eight eyes watched her, waiting for her to make a wrong move so they could devour her. Star watched, her eyes wide, staring at the wolves. They're so big... too big. How will I ever get away? Will they leave? Or will I die of hunger or thirst first?

As Star wondered about her seemingly imminent doom, she did not see the stunning yellow orb that had mysteriously appeared underneath her trembling paws. Time stood still as soon as a wolf was about to make a killing pounce on the nebula dragon. The image of a frilled dragon appeared before Star, the fact that he looked like he took on a yellowish tint, and that he seemed to distort once in a while made it look as if he were made of lightning. Hello Star, my name is Firlt, a dragon who formerly lived on this island, I am here to give you the power of lighting. With this, you can send a wave of thunder through your body, damaging only those you want to harm. You also now have the ability to summon small amounts of thunder from your horns. As soon as Firlt appeared, he vanished, along with the orb. The orb was replaced by a flat stone with the image of a ferret depicted on it, and time resumed.

(( kolodragon, can you change my image from egg to hatchi,please? I mean, Requiem isn't an egg anymore tongue.gif ))

Requiem opened her eyes. The wolf rised its head to do a deadly bite, but Requiem used her mind. Ten blades appeared in the air above the wolf. Requiem roared and the blades killed the wolf by drilling the blades into the wolfs back and tummy.

The Silver got up. She was very confused. It is said, that this island is a peaceful and silent place, not a island where huge wolves are trying to kill dragons. Requiem listened. There were no other wolves, but she heard a dragon. She started to run.

As she stopped, she saw a small Nebula hatchling sitting on a tree, and at the stup, there were four wolves. She stood up and asked:,, Need help?''

Star watched in horror as the wolf leaped up. She could see his yellow fangs, covered in slime. But then he stopped moving. Drops of saliva were frozen in the air, and the wolves teeth were shining. She felt something under her paws, and she looked down. A glowing yellow orb lay under her paws. Where did that come from? Just as she noticed it, the image of a frilled dragon appeared before her. Hello Star, my name is Firlt, a dragon who formerly lived on this island, I am here to give you the power of lighting. With this, you can send a wave of thunder through your body, damaging only those you want to harm. You also now have the ability to summon small amounts of thunder from your horns. He disappeared, along with the orb. What is going on? Star barely had time to think this before time resumed. The huge wolf again began moving toward her. I am here to give you the power of lighting. Arcs of lightning shot from her horns, and the wolf was no more. The other wolves looked at her in fear, but they were still determined to have her for breakfast.

"Need help?" A small silver dragon hatchling spoke, and Star and the remaining wolves looked towards her. "No, run, save yourself!" Star yelled as the wolves started to chase her. Outraged and determined to save the other hatchling, Star leaped down onto the back of a she-wolf. Star sent a jolt of electricity through her body, and the she-wolf slumped down, knocked out. She leaped off her back and stared at the other wolves, frighted, tired, and just wanting to sleep, safe in her nest.

Requiem roared. Two more wolves were comeing. She turned around and used her mind again. One of the wolf died, as a blade drilled in its throat. The other wolf avoided the attack and ran to the Silver. Requiem jumped as high as she could and landed on the wolfs face. The wolf growled and tried to shake her off. But the hatchling created two blades and drilled them into the wolfs lungs, so she only had to wait a few seconds, and the wolf died.

She turned around and sopke to the Nebula again:,, Hey, you! There are even more wolves comeing! We have to run. If I'm right-'' Requiem juped beside a wolf and used a blade to sting its heart ,,- There are 7 more wolves! And the Alpha isn't far away from us!''

((I'm sorry Kolodragon. I was confused. A lot. Hopefully this post makes sense...))

Kyitei scrambled up a tree and watched the fight scene below. Requiem was fighting them too. Somehow, she managed to blast a wolf into a tree.

"That doesn't make sense. It's like....Ashur and Tasherin..."

Kyitei jumped to a higher branch as Star appeared on the tree as well. Kyitei managed to mostly conceal himself behind a leaf.

Wolves began climbing the tree looking hungrily at Star. Suddenly, electricity shot from Star's horn and zapped the wolf. The wolf died instantly and the other wolves backed up a bit. Kyitei agreed with them. If his friends were killed by a lightning shooting hatchling, he'd be very scared too.

"They all have powers." Kyitei whispered excitedly. "It'd be so amazing."

Seeing they were distracted, Kyitei scrambled up father and hid in a hole in the tree.