kolodragon

The Island of Hope

Vrans caught up and looked up to see the thief "Why are you stealing? That orb thing is needed back at those gardens." he said and felt Tashrin waking due to the noise and so on. He opened his wings and saw the little guy blinking around.

"Whys water coming from tree?" he asked and Vrans pointed to the hollow where the orb was and Tashrin recognized it "That met to be in garden not here. We got to return it." he said and started having the water the orb was releasing raise it out of the hollow.

(The hollows at the top of the tree)

Isserdel growled at the dragon at the hatchling for invading her (now) territory. "I need water, this gives it. There are plenty of orbs. Leave me alone!" She said, her stomach now rumbling. She ignored it and focused on the two dragons below her.

Sapphire heard arguing in the distance, and rushed over. There stood Vrans, and a type of dragon she had never seen before. She seemed to portray the image of the embers of a fire, Sapphire wondered. This dragon could be considered an ember dragon, it was an adult, the seasonal saw as she walked closer, perhaps sent by the other Sapphire. The tree the ember was hiding by was spewing out water, and Sapphire caught a glimpse of a blue orb, the same as the kind that maintained the garden. She understood the situation immediately. "Hello up there newcomer, you've stumbled upon the Island of Hope. You seemed to have found an orb we use to maintain out garden. If you return it, I'll show you where you can get more water. I'm not going to hurt you, but I'm not too sure about the others."

((Ryujin, 650 characters per post please. ))

((While yes its up there but Tashrin was given the power to control water to a point (that point I have yet to find. Most likely when he's older) so he has not need to climb to get it.))

Vrans nodded "I don't want to hurt anyone just I know how being stolen from can feel..." he said trailing off glancing at the spots where scales where slowly regrowing.

Tashrin looked at Sapphire "I just want to put orb back. I don't want to harm anyone. I was given this power to help not hurt." he said trying to let them know he did not want to harm a fly really.

Edited by little lost dragon

(Ok sorry and she is perched up in the tree with the water orb.)

Isserdel looked down at the seasonal dragon and eyed her, first with one eye then the other. It was a habit she had picked up somewhere and she did it when she was unsure. She sat on one of the branches carefully, and considered what the other dragon was saying. If she spoke the truth, then Isserdel HAD found the island she had been looking for. Of course it could just be a trick to get her to give up the orb so she had nothing to hold over their heads. If she gave it up, the one bargaining chip she had would go away.

"I don't know." She said to herself, still considering. She was bad with others, and it showed in her trust level, as well as the inability to tell if someone was telling the truth.

In the end she gave in and drank all the water that the orb had produced before picking up the orb and climbing back down the tree. She made sure to leave a mark on the tree so she could find it again. It was comfortable, and if she needed a place to rest, she would come back here.

((Gah. I'm sorry. How do I edit my charrie? I would like to put in a description for Kyitei.))

The hatchling inside twisted around. "Requiem!"

Kyitei could see that she had a different body shape than him and the others.

"Help." Requiem was stuck in her egg. "You cute." Kyitei blushed and felt shy when she said this.

He heard scratching come from inside the egg. "I'll help." A tiny crack appeared and Kyitei set to work on that. He rammed against the crack, making it bigger. then, he clawed at it. The web of cracks turned into a hole. Kyitei hit the edge of the hole to make it wider. Soon, the hole was big enough for a hatchling to crawl through.

"Come out now?" He wondered.

"You may want to get out of the tree soon, some of the large wolves around the island don't take kindly to us making homes out of the Sleeping Forest trees." Sapphire added as the ember dragon made her way down. "My name is Sapphire, the same as the dragon that might have sent you here. What is yours?" She sat on her haunches and waited for the she-dragon to walk over, some aggressive barking was heard very faintly in the background. None of the other dragons seemed to had reacted, so Sapphire put it aside. She had already told herself to not be alarmed by the yapping of wolves. Images of Lucario perishing after driving away the wolves burned deep into Sapphire mind. Her heart skipped a beat as she remembered seeing a wolf make off with one of the silver colored gold dragon's horns. They're still somewhere on this island. The fear passed and Sapphire composed herself, and waited for the ember to walk over to her.

((I know right? tongue.gif That happens alot.png.))

Teku had his mouth half-clamped over a glowing mushroom when Sapphire said not to eat the glowing fungi. He had half a mind to continue, but a severe look from Rana stopped him. Teku withdrew his mouth from the mushrooms and looked at the forest around him. Then he looked at Sapphire. "Oh, sorry about that, Sapphire. The mushroom was intriguing and I did have full intent to eat it."

They followed the Seasonal to a tree. There was the gold dragon, Vrans and the little magi hatchling from before, and some female ember dragon climbing dwon from the tree. A water orb from the Magi Garden was there, too. Now why is it here? Rana thought.

The Shallow heard mention of large wolves. "Wolves?" She asked.

Edited by Durppie

((Sapphire never said anything about wolves....))

Edited by kolodragon

Venarria's eyes followed Drako. "What are you doing?" she inquired, impertinent. The dragoness ambled after her new comrade, cautious due to his growl. She came up to his flank and observed the situation. Egg? She blinked, narrowing her eyes. "That's a silver." Her voice was hushed. The Magi stepped forward and plucked the egg up so it wouldn't crush the hatchling next to it. "Be more careful, darling," she said quietly, yet sternly. Venarria nestled the egg in the nest in a way so that it wouldn't tumble over.

"There we go," she murmured. "You'll be free soon, just keep trying little one," she called the egg. The dragoness flicked her tail and turned back to Drako. "Is everything alright here now?" The corners of her mouth tilted upward into a grin. She tilted her head at Drako. "You ready to hunt?"

She wanted to hunt.

Isserdale carefully put the orb down then rolled it towards Vrans by nudging it with her foot. She kept the tree to her back and the two dragons in her field of vision just to be sure they weren't planning anything.

"Isserdale." she said simply, trying to keep them from knowing any information that could be used against her.

(Sorry brain dead ATM I will post more later.)

Drako watched as Venarria moved the egg to a safer spot in the nest. She turned to him and asked, "You ready to hunt?" Drako was very ready. His eyes glowed brightly as he replied, "I'd love to." He watched Venarria and thought about his old life, his family, his home, and the battle. No. That's in the past. Drako thought. He could smell so many diffrent scents, but he blocked them out. "Where should we hunt?" asked Drako.

Edited by Azteck

"You may want to get out of the tree soon, some of the large wolves around the island don't take kindly to us making homes out of the Sleeping Forest trees." Sapphire added as the ember dragon made her way down. "My name is Sapphire, the same as the dragon that might have sent you here. What is yours?" She sat on her haunches and waited for the she-dragon to walk over, some aggressive barking was heard very faintly in the background. None of the other dragons seemed to had reacted, so Sapphire put it aside. She had already told herself to not be alarmed by the yapping of wolves. Images of Lucario perishing after driving away the wolves burned deep into Sapphire mind. Her heart skipped a beat as she remembered seeing a wolf make off with one of the silver colored gold dragon's horns. They're still somewhere on this island. The fear passed and Sapphire composed herself, and waited for the ember to walk over to her.

((She does say so above. ^))

Rana stood, waiting for the seasonal hatchling's reaction to her question.

Tekunin looked at the Ember, who's name was Isserdel. The dragoness seemed to be one of few words, or was suspicious of them. "Don't worry, we won't try to...um take anything of yours or hurt you. I'm Tekunin, most dragons call me Teku for short." He motioned to himself, then Xerana.

"She's Xerana. She'll be okay with it if you call her Rana."

((I'm so smart tongue.gif))

"Hello Isserdel." When Rana asked about the wolves, Sapphire shuttered, and thought about the dragons that Lucario had died saving, she was the only survivor. "It nothing t-" Sapphire was quickly cut off by a large creature pouncing on her and knocking her to the floor. It tore at her neck, enough to knock the seasonal unconscious, but not take her life, and howled loudly. A pack of at least twenty wolves prowled slowly out the the cover of the foliage. One of them larger than the others, with a nasty claw-mark scouring its right eye, emerged from the shadows, a damaged silver dragon horn clamped in its mouth, a spoil of war. It set the horn down and let out a curt, aggressive shout. Instantly, a sea of wolves came charging out of the undergrowth left and right, charging towards all dragons in range, at least twenty charging towards the clearing, smelling more prey, another thirty stayed to take down the adult dragons. The large, ragged creature were relentless as they charged forth, the thirst of blood clearly portrayed in their eyes. Not one dragon on the island did not encounter a wolf.

((This totally doesn't sound like a messed up Pokemon movie. ))

Edited by kolodragon

Venarria nodded. "Well," she huffed, scratching the ground. "That completely depends on what you're in the mood for." The dragoness stood and sauntered over Drako, shoulder blades popping beneath her apricot skin. She sat in front of him, emerald eyes sparkling. "Would you prefer seafood, or perhaps a land-dwelling animal?" Venarria stood and began to circle him. "Or, of course," she continued, plopping down in front of him again. "There are birds."

(Sorry, I thought you were having a flash back or something)

Isserdel looked around worriedly as the wolves surrounded them. The seasonal was staring into space presently, and that didn't help their situation at all. She didn't bother trying to keep an eye on the other dragons now. They were in the same boat as she was in, so survival, not murder, should be foremost in everyone's minds. She looked at the leader, the horn, then the leader again. He was a fearsome beast indeed, and had obviously taken a dragons life before. A thought crossed her mind, and she followed it to its conclusion. A wolf pack had an alpha male who ruled the roost and mated with the females. However, he had to accept all challenges to his authority lest his position be destabilized. This was especially true with females. She looked harder at him, sizing him up, then mentally shrugged. "Nothing for it." She decided. Rearing back, she inhaled and slammed her feet straight onto the ground, roaring as loud and as long as she could, right at the leader, hoping he would accept the challenge.

Drako thought for a moment. Seafood wasn't his favorite, but he used to love the salmon he'd caught in the lake that was by a cave he had once lived in. He figured there were no salmon in the tropics.

Land-dwelling animals were very good and he especialy loved animals like hare and the occasional squirrel. He remembered the rabbits he had caught back in the forest he had lived by.

Birds were quite a challenge and he had never tried them before.

"You decide." Drako said. He looked at Venarria. Thoughts were crowding his mind. They were all saying diffrent things and they were confusing him. Then one thought shoved it's way to the middle and yelled,

"QUIET!!!" all of the other thoughts fell silent and watched this little thought. The little thought then said what he was meant to say as a thought,

"Venarria reminds me of someone..." suddenly all of the other thoughts vanished as Drako focused on what it had said. Venarria Reminds me of someone... Drako said the words over and over again in his mind but he still couldn't remember who.

Edited by Azteck

Vrans gasped as the wolfs emerged. He picked up the water and Tashrin and placed them both on his back. Now he had a stream of water coming off of him he folded his wings to keep Tashrin in till this was over. then to his horror they charged "Sapphire. You said nothing about bigger then normal wolfs here. Not to mention a dragon killing pack of them." he said fear in his voice. Then the new dragon gave a challenge to the leader but the other wolves did not stop. He swallowed then had his metal claws slip out and slashed at the first one that jumped at him.

The Alpha did not even go as to flinch at Isserdel's mighty roar, with a flick of the wolves tail, six of the mutts surrounded the ember dragon. In a moment they charged at the ember, swiping at the dragoness's feet while others tried to tear at her wings with long strokes. More wolves surrounded Vrans, some clawed at his limbs and face, but most tore at his wings, trying to expose the defenseless hatchling hiding inside. Two larger wolves tackled Rana and Teku, their force heavy enough to push to two full-grown dragons to the ground. A patrol consisting of twenty wolves made their way to the clearing, half of them found Ashur and Varaug, the others searched with endless energy for the rest of the dragons they had failed to destroy long ago. Luckily, the two eggs and Kyitei's scent escaped the wolves' powerful noses. The other ten took Vena and Drako by surprise, three of them pinned the magi dragoness down, and successfully drew blood from her wings before they fled out of reach from the she-dragon. The rest tackled the alt black, biting at his armored belly and tail. One wolf landed a blow on the Drako head, piercing the area around his left eye.

((What will happen to the dragons? Will I finally remember some of the adult dragons' names from the first TIOH from '08? Will the powerplaying on my part increase? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!))

Isserdel was in trouble and she knew it. The wolves were using hit and run tactics, and it was beggining to tell. One would dart in and snap at her, and when she turned to attack it would run back out allowing another to repeat the procces. Her wings were tatter in some places at this point, but her feet and forelegs were in better shape at least. She grew frustrated and exhaled a burst of flame at a wolf, hoping it would hit, before turning and repeating the proccess. She was tired and was going to lose this fight if something didn't change, and she knew it. The problem was there was nothing that could change. They were severly outnumbered, and to a degree outgunned. A thought donned on her and she began backing up towards the others.

"Circle up!" She called. "Get back to back and form a circle so that everyone is facing out. It will be easier to defend."

As Drako sat there thinking, ten wolves apeared and began to attack. Three attacked Venarria and then the rest began attacking him. They nocked him onto his back and started to bite his tail and stomach. Searing pane went through him as one of the wolves landed a blow by his left eye. Warmth streaked the left side of his face as blood started trickling out of the wound. Drako remembered the last battle he had been in. Rage flared inside of him and he roared a battle cry. Fire burst from his jaws. He aimed at the closest wolf, but missed slightly. He had only managed to singe it. He rolled onto his stomach and stood up. His green eyes glowed brightly, but now they had a few traces of red in them. He lunged for a wolf and managed to bite it's leg. Four of the wolves had run off, six were left. Pain shot through him again as a wolf sank it's teeth into his shoulder Drako roared in agony. He grabed the wolf by the scruff and through it against a tree nocking it unconscios. Another one jumped for his wings, but Drako ducked and the wolf careened into a nearby tree. There were still four wolves left and Drako wasn't sure he could take them all.

((At this point, everyone can RP the wolves, besides the Alpha.))

Sapphire! Get up! Sapphire's conscious willed her to regain control of her body, despite the searing pain of the deep cut of on her neck, the hatchling immediately jumped up onto all four feet. Breathing was hard for her, but that didn't mean she could still change forms. There was no energy from changing for built up in her, also, Sapphire decided that the dragons were in range of her wave of energy anyways, so the hatchling stuck to using regular battle tactics. Cold air heavily concentrated in Sapphire mouth, she shot two wolves in the snout and one in the neck with five carefully aimed icicles, not lightening the waves at all. Ice sharpened the hatchling claws as she then lept onto another wolf and ripped at its flank with her razor-sharp claws, she bit at its neck swiftly, and felt a rush of excitement as the blood of her enemy was all she tasted. Moments later, it lay limp as the she-dragon jumped backwards away from the wolf. Her eyes portrayed the wild instinct to kill and savor her enemies' blood, but the look left her eyes as soon as it came, and she was ready to take on the next was of approaching wolves.

Requiem squeaked. There was a hole in the egg. She blinked and went out. Requiem sniffed and closed her eyes as she looked into the sun. But after a few seconds, she started to search for food. But she freezed. She heard some wolves. Requiem knew, even as hatchy, that wolves can be very dangerous. She squeaked again and hide in a bush near some water. As the newborn hatchling saw the water, she couldn't resist to drink a bit. She was very thirsty. After she drank a bit. She noticed that Kyitei was still there. The Silver turned around and said to him:,, Thanks! You saved my life! '' Requiem looked around and found a ripe banana. She picked it up and gave it to Kyitei:,, For you!'' Then, the hatchi turned around and started to explore this strange place. Suddenly, she found a shiny stone, that glinted in an emerald green. Requiem picked it up and looked at it. She looked for a slight vine. As she found one, she coiled the vine around the strange stone and attach it around her neck. She ran to Kyitei again and showed her the stone:,, What is that?'' asked she curious.