kolodragon

The Island of Hope

Yet another adult dragon arrived on the island, and landed directly in front of Sapphire. He looked like a thunder, but his coloration was very altered, probably through magic spells, and was carrying an emerald. "Hello Cryo, welcome to the Island of Hope. My name is Sapphire, like the dragoness who probably rescued you from vampires and directed you here. If you wish to live here, we're in no state to help. If you come along, I'll give you a tour of the island as well." Sapphire sighed, that was a mouthful, she then proceeded to start plucking out weeds from the garden. She disliked help from adults, but last time that happened, it ended in the death of two splits, and an eighth of the island hating her existence. "Actually, Cryo, you could also help with the garden, pull out any plants that look like this." Without even turning to look at the silver and gold thunder dragon, Sapphire tossed the adult a weed. Bossy is better than killer.

"Ok thanks, I'll start pulling those weeds now!" Cryo flew off to the garden to pull weeds. He saw about 100 of those weeds and started to doubt that he could do it all. He started pulling weeds with his mouth since he hand no hands, in minutes he had almost a fourth of the weeds pulled. Cryo's mouth was filled the weeds and wandered where to put them, he just spit them on the ground and continued to pull weeds. He finished off the last of the weeds and felt hungry. He couldn't eat leaves since he was a carnivore, suddenly a rabbit popped out of nowhere and Cryo snatched it up and ate it. He flew back to Sapphire, hoping she wouldn't make him pull more weeds. "So, can I have a tour of the island please?" Cryo asked.

"Wait a while for Rana and Teku, Vrans and I kind of left them in the dust." The hatchling replied as she quietly retrieved the weeds from the ground and deposited them in a composting hole. Somehow, the hurricane actually helped the composting by flooding the three holes with mud, water, and the debris of the garden. Sapphire made a mental note to fill the holes with some orange peels, the compost piles needed some. Growling and rustling was heard in the distance, but Sapphire ignored it, her hearing was just too good, it was probably just her stomach giving her a signal telling her to find some food. The warm scent of rabbit blood wafted over to Sapphire as she turned to look at what Cryo was doing. Food was quite plentiful on the island, that was always good, the smell of prey made Sapphire's mouth water, she would definitely go hunting after giving the new dragons a tour of the island.

((Lot of conveinence going on there. He land right in front and gets a meal with little to no work to get it Orange.))

Vrans finished his bowl of the tea and felt better though still uneasy around so many others. He was all to aware of the fact he had a few spots where the scales needed to regrow again. He thought about asking Sapphire where a good spot would be to rest but she had started to clean the place up. He looked around Tashrin caught up and went right on past to Sapphire. The little guy looked tuckered out to. Vrans sighed and followed Tashrin and they caught up with Sapphire.

"Hey wait up for us!" Teku and Rana ran after the group, although Rana's running looked more like waddling, and was slower.

Tekunin wanted to use his wings, but remembered the Thunderdolts---oops! a not-so-honest mistake- Thunderbolts ripped them up just because he and Rana were 'intruding'. Plus the fact he 'gave his honest opinion' of the Cheif Dolt--- Bolt, that wasn't so flattering.

The two finally caught up to Sapphire and the others. Rana marveled at the Magi Garden. True, it was messy, but there were these orbs that watered the plants growing there. I'm sure the Garden was much prettier. It just needs to be cleaned up.

Tekunin took his cue and started pulling weeds. He hated being idle and useless when the time spent could be used to do something of use.

Xerana took a look at the magic orbs.The closest she could get to it was a bubble a foot long in diameter, transparent, and let out some tiny droplets of water. Rana poked it, and it burst, letting a light mist settle over her.

((Sorry I haven't been on. I had to go to a camp and my parents wouldn't let me use the computer so I may not be able to post much for the next three days. I'm really sorry for that late notice. Please don't kick me off the roleplay!!))

((It's ok we won't kick you off the roleplay. I won't be here today becuase I'm going to Bakersfield for the day.))

Requiem opened her eyes. It was all dark around her. She tried to see something in her egg, but she couldn't see and feel something. It was very warm, inside of the egg. Requiem tried to crack the egg, but the shell was too hard. She knew what that means. She turned around in her egg and waited. - It looks like I have to wait a bit...- But after a while, she started to squeak loudly, hoping that somebody will find her and her egg.

After twenty minutes, she gave up. Requiem was too tired to squeak. She closed her eyes and all asleep...

((Sorry for my bad english tongue.gif. I hope you can understand it at any rate biggrin.gif))

A single aura reached out to Sapphire, echoes of squeals seemed to echo inside her head. The last egg was stirring, only a day later than all the others. "Could you four stay here for a second? I have a short errand to run." Before any of the adults could answer, Sapphire made a powerful jump with her hind legs into the air, and tucked in her wings in a dive. Like a bird, she dove all the way to the Underground Cave, flapping her wings powerfully only when she would have hit the ground otherwise. In a spray of sand, Sapphire activated the entrance to the cave, and landed. The last of the eggs was shaking slightly, all alone in the dark and protective cave. "I hope I will one day be able to see this place full of eggs once again. Along with no dead bodies this time." Sapphire added, her mother had died a noble death, but it was sad no less. It was also depressing that she would never be able to have children, for she was frozen as a hatchling. She picked up the radiant silver egg and closed the cave entrance behind her slowly.

Requiem was scared. Someone took her egg! She donesn't knew what to do. She tried to crash the shell, but it was just too hard. She tried not to freak out, but then it happened... She started to scream as loud, as she could. She kicked around her, trying to escape out of her prison. But she gave up... Requiem began to sniff sadly, a single teardrop rolled off her cheek and fell on the eggs shell. She looked around, it weren't as dark as a while ago. -What is happening..? Will I die? Where am I going..? Will I be rescued?- Many questions came trough Requiems mind. But she was tired... Very tired. Her eyelids fell down and she fall asleep, she hoped that everything will turn out good...

A loud shriek uttered from the glowing silver egg clamped snug in Sapphire's mouth as she approached her nest. She set the egg inside her tree in a protective pile of moss. "I'll be back later little one." Sapphire then returned to the garden and found none of the adults gone. "As you can tell, this is a garden. We grow medical and culinary herbs here, along with a few flowers such as roses and tulips. The garden is named the Magi Gardens because the orbs that help maintain the garden were made by magi dragons. The woods around here are called The Fruit Woods because of the woods mainly consisting of fruit bearing trees. The section of rainforest over there is named the Origin Forest because the island originally was only covered with rainforest. If you follow me, I'll show you the rest of the island."

Xerana perked up and followed after Sapphire when she said she would show them the rest of the island. Yes!

"Tekunin, hurry up! Sapphire says she'll show us more! Come on!"

The Black Stripe in question was still busy pulling up weeds from the garden, using his maw and his paws. He didn't hear Sapphire or Rana.

Rana snorted and went over to her friend. "Teku, Teku, come with us please?"

She gave him a small nudge.

Teku looked up, his mouth full of weeds. He went over to a seculded spot, spit them out, and buried them in a hole. Then, he came back.

"Surely." Both dragons went over to the Seasonal Hatchling.

Vrans was wondering where would be a good place to hide should anyone make a wrong move. The magi hatchling though he had to wonder about. The little guy seemed so.... new sort of speak. Wondering about the world but also seemingly determined. When they started to move again the little magi fell got up but stumbled again. {Should I help the little guy? What if he deicdes to steal one? Would he? He looks to small to do so though....} Vrans gave in and picked up the magi hatchling who at first seemed suprized at seeing the ground suddenly leave its paws but calmed down and started to rest and Vrans placed him on his back. Though he was almost always making sure Tashrin would not steal a scale.

Requiem woke up. She was... hungry? Why is she hungry? Requiem knew why... She had to hatch. She pulled her legs as strong as she could against the shell of the egg. But the shell was too hard. She was scared again. It was very infrequent, that the shell of an egg is too hard to break. Requiem needed help. Someone has to break the eggs shell! Requiem started to squeak loudly. - If no one will help me, I'll die..!- She squeaked louder and louder until it ended in a screeching. She pulled her body against the hard shell, again and again. But Requiem needed an adult or at least a hatchling with sharp claws. She was scared about her life. She doesn't wanted to die. Requiem started to chew nervously on her tail. She waited and waited... Will someone help her?

Isserdel was tired. More tired then she had been for a long time. She had been flying around trying to find the mythical island for days and had long since given up hope of finding it. Now she would just settle for any spit of land to rest on. She banked, the water glistening below her, then flapped again, looking around for anything to land on. On the horizon she saw something, just a tiny black smudge. She aimed towards it and flapped as hard as she could, hoping against hope that this was some place to rest. The smudge resolved into land, and what was more a large island full of life. She got close enough to it then began a steep descent, part fall, part dive. Finally she pulled up, landing on a beach. She wanted to collapse from exhaustion, her muscles were quivering from the exhertion they had been put through, but first she needed water.

Into the jungle she prowled, making far more noise then she normally would, bulling through the brush instead of moving through it carefull. In the distance she smelt water and began to move faster, breaking everything in front of her, leaving a small trail of destruction behind her. Finally she found the water. It was in an area filled with orb things that leaked water and fed plants. She didn't care. She got underneath one of the orbs and began drinking. After a long time, she had taken her fill, and now listened. Her senses went on alert almost immediatly. Someone was nearby and talking. From the sounds of it, there was a large group. She looked around quickly then grabbed the orb in her jaws and moved quickly into the brush, hoping it would conceal her. It didn't work particuraly well considering the orb still spewing water, her black, red, and yellow markings also giving her away, but it didn't stop her from trying.

Vrans could have sworn the water flow from a orb was suddenly being redirected. He looked around. Tashrin had fallen asleep now. The others where moving on by the looks of it. He glanced around then he saw a water trail. Then he saw odd colorings for an area of greens there was almost fire like colors in brush. He slowly moved towards the colors. "Hello?" he said.

((Thanks you, I'm back. May I have a recap? I'm very behind. And is Requiem a silver dragon?))

Kyitei watched as Sapphire flew off. "Ooh! It must be another egg!" He cried happily. "Wonder what look like!" Kyitei hoped it would be shiney and pretty. He liked things like that. He puffed his cheeks and waited for Sapphire to come back. Then he decided she wouldn't bring it to the garden. He quickly ran to the nests and sat in his waiting for Sapphire.

When she did, a big egg was clamped in her mouth. It was a beautiful silver and it seemed to emit a soft glow. Kyitei was frozen with awe. He wished his egg had been special. He felt different from the other dragons. Too small and plain in color. All orange.

In a trance, Kytei slowly walked towards it. So pretty... He reached out and touched it for the briefest second and then drew back in horror. No! I'm not supposed to touch it! Sapphire will get mad at me. So he sat by the egg not saying anything. The egg shone and glowed. Kyitei couldn't stand it any longer. He softly tapped the shell.

"Hello?"

Isserdel crouched even further down. Another dragon had seen her, and was looking for her. She had a few options, but her nature decided the whole thing for her. She turned and ran. That dragon was probably angry for her stealing the orb. She didn't want to fight, but if he attacked she would. Her run was not quiet at all, crashes and cracks sounding as she ran through brush and destroyed small trees. What was more, the orb still spewed water, leaving an even easier trail to follow. If it weren't for the fact that she needed it, she would have ditched it.

Drako froze suddenly. He listened intently for the noise again. He had heard a loud screech coming from inside the jungle. He began to walk slowely away from Venarria, and towards the direction of the sound.

As he reached the edge of the forest he froze as he saw another dragon. This one was orange and it was sitting by a nest. In the nest was an egg. Drako walked forward slowely and growled loudly at the small dragon. He wanted to see the egg and was worried that this other dragon may have hurt it and made it screech.

Edited by Azteck

(( Yes, requiem is a silver.))

Requiem stopped moving immediately and looked around. She heard a dragon. She pulled her ear against the shell and tried to form the words:,,Hello? Help!'' She felt, that the dragon was very curious. Suddenly, the shadow a small hand showed on the egg. She freezed. Then, Requiem placed her hand on the shadow and said:,, Help!''. The hand vanished and it was quiet again. Requiem threw her body against the shell. It rolled forward and she saw the outline of a dragon. She squeaked excited and waited, what the dragon will do.

((Is Drako a hatchling? And if he is, what species is he?))

Kyitei jumped back as the egg tilted, threatening to crush him. "Help!" The cry came from the egg. It tipped and rolled to it's side. Kyitei peered at it. It didn't look injured.

"Help!" The voice came from the egg, followed by several excited squeaks. Kyitei lightly tapped the smooth shell a few times.

"Hello?" The little pygmy asked. "Hello? Who you?" He could just barely see an outline of the dragon inside. He hoped that the hatchling could see him. He pointed to himself. "Kyitei." He tapped the egg again.

Isserdel crouched even further down. Another dragon had seen her, and was looking for her. She had a few options, but her nature decided the whole thing for her. She turned and ran. That dragon was probably angry for her stealing the orb. She didn't want to fight, but if he attacked she would. Her run was not quiet at all, crashes and cracks sounding as she ran through brush and destroyed small trees. What was more, the orb still spewed water, leaving an even easier trail to follow. If it weren't for the fact that she needed it, she would have ditched it.

Vrans was about to say hello again but then what ever was hiding took off. Also it was stealing one of those orbs things that run this garden. "Hey!" He said knowing full well how being stolen from can feel . You get back with that orb." he called and had his wings form a tent like thing around Tashrin then took off running after her. Though he had no idea who or what was running he was not about to let things be stolen so fast under his sight.

Requiem squeaked again and said:,,Requiem!'' She tried to show Kyitei her beautiful silver body and pulled her body against the egg. After a while she started to scratch on the eggs shell again and squeaked: ,, I can't open!'' Requiem hoped that Kyitey would understand what she wants to say. As she looked trough the shell, she saw that Kyitei was a small dragon. Requiem find that he was adorable. She said:,, You cute! You can help me? I problem to get out of egg!'' She scratched the egg once more and then it happened! It finally has got a crack. But Requiem was too hungry and thirsty to scratch or squeak any more. She turned on her back and lay on the ground and said once more:,, Help...''

Isserdell heard the dragon chasing her and knew that she would have to either fight or leave the orb behind. She hated to leave it, because it was for now her only water source, and after her attempt at stealing one, there would be a guard now. She needed the water, so it was down to running or fighting. She ran as fast as she could which wasn't particuraly fast considering how dehydrated and hungry she was. She found a place where a very large tropical tree sat. (It isn't sapphires) She rounded it, then jumped and began to climb as fast as she could, gaining the branches in a few seconds. She placed the orb in a hollow at the top of the tree, where water began to pool then run down the sides of the tree. She cursed then sat in the tree anyway. This was a defensable spot, and she now had water. It would do for now, and she doubted the other dragon would attempt to attack her while she was up the tree.

((Is Drako a hatchling? And if he is, what species is he?))

((I'm pretty sure Drako is screeching at Kyitei, so you may have to edit a bit.))

((Also, look at my second post, I edit it very often.))

((Edit: I'm going to assume Isserdell went towards the Sleeping Forest, because she was across the garden from Cyro, Sapphire, Teku, Rana, Vrans, and Tashrin.))

Vrans had taken off to the other side of the garden towards the Sleeping Forest with Tashrin clinging on his back, Cryo was out of eyesight nearby. Teku and Rana were starting to move away from Sapphire, as she steered them over to the same direction Vrans was advancing towards. As the the three started walking towards the forest, Sapphire explained, "Now this is the Sleeping Forest, even though it is teeming with woodland animals, it is very quiet, and gives an almost lulling atmosphere. It is also full of glowing fungi, I advise you don't eat any." She added as a nervous joke, the mood on the island was so tense, these two dragons seemed rather nice, Sapphire figured that they would be good friends if she tried to behave.

Edited by kolodragon