kolodragon

The Island of Hope

((Just recaping at this point because I think Azteck got a bit confused. On the shore, there is Vena (Magi Adult), Drako (Black Alt Adult) Sapphire (Seasonal Hatchling), Rana (Shallow Water Adult), and Teku (Black Striped Adult). On the beach near the clearing are, Kyitei (Pygmy Hatchling) and Tashrin (Magi Hatchling). In the clearing are all the others. Vena was talking to Drako, but moved along the shore to join Rana, Teku, and Sapphire. Now all five of them are together. Sapphire has a sad, not angry look on her face and is looking down, not at Vena. Alright? Alright. ))

"Oh, okay." Sapphire said bluntly, she developed a sick feeling in her gut, but dove into the ocean. She make sure that none of the dragons could she her before she changed forms a few time and let the energy she had built up out and a section of the water froze around her. At this point her power was an asset, not a curse. Sapphire took a mental note to not ever abuse changing forms again. Sapphire then lugged the ovaly shape of ice she had created as she moved towards the clearing. The block of ice was not very heavy, but quite on the small side. "Rana, Teku, would you like to come see the nesting area?"

Edited by kolodragon

Tashrin had froze when Sapphire suddenly dove into the water then eye's got bigger as he saw it freeze a little. Then she came out with the frozen bit. He stole him self from the shyness this time and went up to her wondering why she was carrying ice. "Why are you carrying ice?" he asked not knowing it was for the lake area by the nests.

"Oh yes please, Sapphire." Xerana said. The Island of Hope indeed, looked hopeful. According to Sapphire, a hurricane struck here, but she couldn't see much damage.

They followed the Seasonal hatchling and Tekunin noticed the hatchling seemed to have difficulty carrying the piece of ice.

"Here, Sapphire, I can hold it for you. It seems you have difficulty carrying it...?"

Xerana heard, but said nothing. She knew that Teku would insist on carrying it and they'd argue and get nowhere.

Meanwhile, Nexote was still sleeping, occasionally turning on her cloud.

"It's fine." Sapphire responded as she finally reached the clearing. She sighed as she made a powerful kick and shoved the ice into the hole. With a sigh, she turned to the two newcomers and said a little bit in an embarrassed fashion. "Please don't be alarmed." The winter seasonal then turned into a summer dragon and walked over to the ice. She let out all the energy she had built up and a ripple of heat surged around her, the ice melted in a flash, and almost looked as if it was steaming. Even with such a large block of water, the lake was only paw deep after the water filled up the underwater caves.

The other dragons seemed busy, so Venarria turned back to Drako. She sauntered over and flicked her tail. "Are you hungry?" the dragoness inquired, mindlessy pawing at the sand. She lifted her snout and sniffed the air.

"There's hare, and snake, and mouse, and I'm sure there are fish around here someone," Venarria bantered. She shook her head. Why am I talking this much? she pondered. I only talk this much to my family. The Magi shuddered. Her family.

A breeze blew some sand up into Venarria's eyes. She sneezed countless times, pawing at her eyes. "Sweet gods," the dragoness muttered, shaking her head again. She looked up to Drako and grinned. "So. Hungry?"

Tashrin was starting to wonder if anyone could see him now. He ahd gone right up to Sapphire and she went on as if he did not exist. He looked at the water and sighed sitting down watching it. So many things still unknown to him. How did he come to this world? why was he given this power? Why this why that ran through his head as he just stared out into the water now.

Drako watched as the seasonal dragon and the two newcomers walked away. The seasonal dragon had some ice with her. Where did the ice come from?. Drako wondered. Venarria walked up to him and asked him if he was hungry. He thought about the question for a moment. "I can wait, I'm not that hungry." Drako replied.

Venarria grinned. "Are you sure?" she pressed, laying down. "Hunting isn't that hard, I mean you can even come with me, if you wanted." The dragoness flicked her tail again and looked up at him with her big, green eyes. She scooted back a bit, wanting to do something interesting, and the fact that Drako was an adult too made her a bit more interested.

Venarria had taken a flight earlier, to get to know the landscape. During the night, she had flown over the Sleeping Forest, discovering its inhabitants and plants. The Magi had then landed in the Magi garden to gaze at its orbs, and the dragon had been fascinated by the plants that grew there. As dawn approached, she had flown back to her cave to sleep.

But she was still ever-fascinated by the island, and wanted someone to explore it with.

Vrans pumped his wings. Running from the place he used to live at. They all wanted him. But not for who he was but what he had. He hoped he could find a home where he could live and not have to worry about others taking his scales for there value and toughness. He pumped his wings some more. He spotted a inland. He hoped safety would be there he directed him self there. He spread out for a landing but to his horror he past out from lack of food and sleep.

Tashrin sat watching the waves. they where calming to him. The way they just form then roll on to the shore then back onto the sea. the sun glinting brightly off it. He looked back at the waves. He laid down then looked up. Something was in the sky. It was very bright and seemed to have a bad glint on it. It was coming in fast to. A piece of sun? what was that? Tashrin scrambled up and started backing up. It was still coming. He let out a scared shriek then took off into the woods then a large *THWUMP* was heard behind him then a skidding noise then a *THUNK* and a tree shook. Then a lot of sand was heard landing on the tree's and stuff. Tashrin turned around to see what had hit. It was still shiny and hard to see in the bright sun light. He got close after a bit saw it was a dragon..... a very shiny one at that. A knocked out cold shiny one. Tashrin came closer to catch its scent. Though there was not much to get. He let out a calling call... well more like squeak/squeak due to his voice still needing to come.

(I guess I can use magic too because I'm a black alt. dragon?)

"Well... ok I'll go hunting with you." Drako said. His green eyes glowed slightly as he thought about hunting. He loved to hunt, especialy during the night. Drako sat down and watched Venarria. He wanted to explore the island and meet the other dragons.

As the wind rushed by Drako took a deep breath. He could smell the ocean, he could smell faint scents of other dragons, and he could smell various types of small creatures such as hare and mouse.

"Would you want me to help fill up the pool, Sapphire? I can use some magic." Rana offered.

Tekunin stood around, watching the two. If he could choose staying with Xerana or going on his own, he would choose to stick with Xerana. Teku had no idea what to do, though. His paws couldn't carry water well, and he had no magical ability whatsoever.

"So...how may I help, Sapphire?" he said. He pawed the ground, a habit of his when he was unsure or was bored.

Nexote had woken up for a brief period to float up to her nest. There, she smiled and dozed off.

"Sur-" Sapphire's approval was cut off by a large crash and a devastating splintering sound. She raced out of the cover of the trees, and lo and behold, a gold dragon had manage to have what looked like crash landed into a unsuspecting apricot tree. As the dragon fell to where the dirt of the forest and sand of the beach melded together, Sapphire could see that several of the dragon's scales were missing. Despite some of his scales being gone however, the lustrous and hardy scales still protected the adult gold from any sort of injury. He seemed quite dazed, but was still conscious, so Sapphire walked over and said, "Hi...welcome to the Island of Hope, I guess."

Edited by kolodragon

Tashrin looked at the golden dragon then Sapphire "He not moving." he said. "He ok? It looked like he hit hard. Hard enough for..... the stuff over there *he said pointing at the sand* to rain down over here." he said.

Vrans groaned. His head hurt a lot. He could have sworn he must have head butted him self out or something. Where those voices he heard? Why did he feel like he had sand everywhere?

Vrans looked at Vrans "He making noises though." he said.

((Apparently Rana and Teku don't find it weird that a seasonal can change seasons xd.png))

"What is your name?" The seasonal hatchling continued, scanning the gold's legs and back for any misplaced bones. To her relief, they all seemed fine, though she found it strange that so many of the dragon's scales were missing, yet she found no battle scars on him. Sapphire was lucky that even through the battles that she had fought, her scales were not scathed at all. The gold seemed to be in at least a bit of shock, the impact was quite large, and he must have been frightened. What herbs could help calm the gold down? She remembered a pink flowered plant with round leaves could help, marjoram, Sapphire believed was the name of the plant. It may be a risk, for the plant was known for giving dragons fevers when the temperature was too hot. Chamomile could be a safer, easier to find alternative, but its calming effects were weaker. Sapphire decided to offer making a tea out of one of the herbs later after the gold had come to his senses, so she didn't take any actions.

Edited by kolodragon

Vrans heard more talking. He opened an eye. A fuzzy image was there at first but cleared up slowly. He hatchling... a almost looking bored one looking up and down him. He opened his either eye. Another hatchling. A full of wonder one at that. He slowly started to sit up and make sure everything was working. though he was not thinking straight yet. He glanced at the tree he nailed. Yep that was the sorse of the head ache. Suddenly he felt around him self brain coming back into gear "Who you you guys? Please not say gold. I'v had enough of that." he said then backed up or tried to stepped on his tail and ended up falling over and scrambled back up "I don't want to harm you 2 but if you insist on taking another..." he said.

"Your scales?!?!" Sapphire half asked and half screamed with an questioning tone. "That's outrageous! Why would we want gold when we're worried about survival? Anyways, my name is Sapphire, and that magi hatchling is Tashrin. This is the Island of Hope, everyone is sheltered from the mainland vampire clan here, and I suppose you are safe from others, now what is your name?" She tucked her wing in to she was not being aggressive, and held out a paw, this newcomer was only a bit bigger than Sapphire, yet his sheen made it look as if he was far larger than the seasonal. Strange how Lucario, a silver colored gold dragon who used to live on the island, never was so protective of her scales. Perhaps it was because the two had not come from the same island.

((Yes, there was at one point a dragon named Lucario, (Or was that the RPer's username?...tongue.gif)))

Edited by kolodragon

Rana covered her ears with her fins when a large sound reached her ears. Teku did likewise, with his paws. Nexote stirred in her sleep, but remained in her stasis.

Both headed over to the source of the noise. A dazed looking gold dragon, with some of his scales missing was on the beach. The little magi hatchling, who they overheard was Tashrin, was also present.

Tekunin noticed that the gold was rather concerned about others getting his scales. He didn't hold this observation back, either.

"You seem rather overprotective of your gold scales. What for? And how'd you lose that much?"

Xerana noticed something about Sapphire. She seemed to have...changed appearance? Hmm...she'd ask later. Right now there were more pressing concerns.

Vrans looked at them all. They seemed to not want them. He sighed a little looking them all over. "Every one from where I am from wanted them. for what reason or another they never said." he said sadly though still defensive. "My name is Vrans." he said "The missing scales are the ones that other took while I was alseep. then they attacked me and I fled...." he explained.

Tashrin looked wide eye'd at Vrans. Others took his scales? He never dreamed there where those that mean. Every he had met so far where nice anad friendly.... there where mean ones?

"Well you seem very on edge, Vrans. Would would like some marjoram tea? Or maybe some chamomile tea? It calms dragons down." Whether the herbs still existed on the island, Sapphire had no clue at all. She was in quite a hurry when she snatched some sea lavender for Tashrin, so Sapphire didn't see how badly the recent twister messed up the garden. No coconuts were in sight either, so the hatchling had no idea what she was going to use to hold the water and herbs. Clean water was no problem, for the orbs at the garden purified water. Obviously the orb made to manage the sea dwelling plants did not purify the water. "Anyways, the garden where we grow herbs is this way." Sapphire signaled with her tail for the adult gold to follow, "Rana, Teku, Tashrin, you may come if you want, I guess you will since I'm still giving you a tour."

Vrans looked at the hatchling that was speaking. How did she know? Something was not in place for that ones knowledge vs her age. He nodded "Something like that would be nice..... is there a catch though?" he asked wanting to be on the safe side.

Tashrin decided to stay with the group. He slowly started to approach the gold eye's still wide. "Your Vrans. You shiny. May I help then stay shiny?" He asked. "Why are you going to ask for one?" Vrans asked back and Tashrin shook his head "Then if you want to." he said though not so sure. A very young hathcling doing that. and why was Tashrin running to the waters edge? Vrans looked at Sapphire "Whats he getting?" he asked.

"I suppose a sea sponge to shine your scales, though I doubt Tashrin knows what a sea sponge is." The hatchling said in a bored and sarcastic fashion, "There is no catch, it's out of kindness and the maternal instinct I got from my mother." Sapphire added as the dragons padded over to the Magi Garden. As it came into view, the seasonal was devastated by what greeted her. Flooded beds of dessert plants, muddy pools of water everywhere, and missing water orbs. Fortunately, most of the plants had not gotten the best of the hurricane, and were thriving on their own.

A quick cleaning of the area revealed that both the chamomile and marjoram had survived, and that none of the orbs were missing. After Sapphire returned the orbs to their rightful places, most of the garden was returned to normal. Weed picking, section wall replacing, and pruning would have to be a big project, but the biome sorted garden was otherwise operational.

Luckily, Sapphire also found a cache of stored coconuts wrapped in an elephant ear leaf. The supply of marjoram was somewhat low, so the seasonal settled for plucking off the yellow middles of the chamomile flowers and putting them in a coconut half. Then she filled the bowl with water and changed into a summer dragon. She let the energy out and concentrated the wave of heat up her paws so that the water in the bowl would instantly heat to almost a boil. The weight of letting out energy was very strong, using her curse for her would not be easy either, Sapphire realized, hopefully she would not have to use her power anymore for the day.

When the tea was cooled down to the point where even a newborn dragon would not get burned by drinking it, Sapphire passed the bowl over to Vrans. "Here, inhale the steam, then drink."

((You may be able to tell I'm very bored.))

Edited by kolodragon

Vrans looked at her confused "Sea sponge?" he asked but let it slide. After a bit as they walked he heard huffing behind him and to his suprize there was that magi hatchling.... with a bit of water floating in front of him. Tashrin came up and had the water touch his scales then pull the sand and dirt off. He could only do this a few times due to the amount of water he had with him. Though he's never seen any dragon do this.

Tashrin let the water drop into a puddle after a bit very tired from all the running but kept up with the group he noticed the look he was getting from Vrans "Power was given to me. Said to help and heal. The heal part I don't know how though." he said huffing a little still.

When they arrived Vrans looked around. The place was a mess. though it looked like she found what she was looking for. When she passed the bowl over he took it carefully and did as he was told. It tasted nice to him. When he inhaled the steam he did feel better.

Venarria blinked, and smiled at him. "Great!" she exclaimed, pawing the ground. The dragoness spread her massive, copper wings, adoring the way they glittered in the sunlight, despite her assortment of battle scars. Being a Magi, she could have easily wished them away, but she loved having proof of her past. I need to stop this, Venarria thought, furrowing a nonexistent brow. My family is dead. She glanced at Drako as he took in the scents of the island. There was something interesting about him. The black dragon was shy, yes, but she sensed that he was much braver than what he had led her to think.

"Nice, isn't it?" she remarked, acknowledging the scents of the island. "It smells different from any other place I've been." The dragoness closed her eyes. Some light still penetrated her eyelids, and glinted of off the back of her eye, creating dancing shapes of different shades of light on her eyelids. This had always fascinated her, because when she scented the air, what she smelled would always appear in light shapes behind her eyelids.

Edited by Lila

Cryo beat his tattered wings as he approached the island, with his silver and gold scales glowing. He landed on the beach limping from the storm, trying to use his great vision to find Sapphire. Cryo flew up into the sky and saw a seasonal hatchling and some other dragons and hatchlings, trying to repair the island. He landed almost falling over, and limped over to seasonal dragon to greet her. "Hi, I see your island is damaged can I help repair it? Also, my name is Cryo whats yours?

Edited by orange