kolodragon

The Island of Hope

Drako slowely opened his eyes. He was confused, he didn't know where he was. Suddenly he remembered, the Island of Hope. He had finally made it and now he was... he had no idea where on the island he was or what other dragons were there. He decided to get up because he had felt something wet and cold touch his back. He lifted his wings and then decided he was to weak to move and so he just lay there thinking.

Venarria perked at the dragon's little movement. She padded around to the front of him and lowered her head. "Do you need anything?" the dragoness offered. "Food, fresh water, healing?" She backed up a few feet and sat down to contemplate what she was doing. The hatchlings here had given her a maternal sense she needed to satisfy.

She twisted her neck and lifted her head up to the sky, scenting the air. Ocean, seaweed, rotting fish, and...dolphin? Venarria singled out the scent, and followed it. It led her to a beached dolphin, laying on shore, squealing in pain. She stared blankly at it, knowing the source of food it could provide. But the Magi didn't want to slay such an innocent creature. Oh, how pitiful it appeared, its rubbery skin drying and shrinking in the heat of the sun, its squeals becoming weaker and weaker. She sighed and pushed the dolphin into deeper waters. It squeaked its gratefulness, but she turned back the black dragon.

"Anything I can help you with?"

A while ago, after having finished his meal, Ashur the grey had wandered off, in search of something new to find, some new memories to unlock, or a different way to train his new abilities. There was much of the island he'd yet to see, and the day was very young still. After a stale long walk through the meadows and plains, he entered the Origin Forest, and started to sniff around. The place seemed so... dead. No scents or traces of any kinds of animals. It baffled the grey, seeing as otherwise it looked like an otherwise inhabitable forest. Moving on, he took some time to admire the quietude of the place. It was not long before the grey exited the forest, crossed a bit of flatlands again, and entered the magi Gardens.

Now this was interesting.

A fully functional automated garden paradise, or t'iz how the grey saw it. And all the herbs... of multiple shapes and sizes, odors and colors. It was veering on the edge of bizarre for the grey...

Moving onwards, an odd sensation overcame the grey. An overpowering fatigue, as if something was draining his very vital energy. Confused, he glanced around, but before the idea of actually moving away crossed his mind, he was too drained to run, or walk, slumping down, he fought the urge to fall asleep.

Just before the fatigue extinguished his consciousness as well, whatever was affecting him, ceased to do so. A shimmering red light caught his eye. It were the stones, many of them, regular stones, stuck in the ground, muddy and all, were glowing red. Wide-eyed, he watched as they tore out of the earth and started to align in mid air, forming a circular pattern, just above the earth. Red beams of light arched between each and every one of them, connecting them and forming a perfect circle. They started to give off an audible whir and arc small bolts of red lightning with the ground below.

Within the circle, an orange flat field of pure energy formed. The whole thing looked more like a portal than anything else now.

'Wha, whaaa... -the grey tried to say, and made a vane attempt to stand up. he was far too tired to even move around too much, though.

After a good dozen seconds, the portal light structure flashed a searing red light, blinding Ashur in the process. The fatigue gripped the little hatchling again, and pushed him over the edge. He fainted.

An short indeterminable amount of time later, Ashur's senses started to come back-to. He lazily opened one eye, then the other, lifted his head off of the, ground? He was not on the ground, he was moving, but how?

'Wake up little one...

Snapping his head towards the origin of the voice, the picture came clear to Ashur. He was on the back of a white adult dragon he'd never met before.

'You really need to keep to your pack little guy. -the white added.

'What... who are you? -Ashur asked insistently.

'Varaug's the name. You'll have to forgive me for what just happened. Setting up a gateway takes a spark of energy to become active on the exiting side. You just had the bad luck of being the one to stumble across that point and sparking it. -the white explained- 'I dismantled the gateway and returned what is rightfully yours. You should be feeling fine any second now. -he explained. It was true. The grey was not as rested as he was this very morning.

'Where are we going? -the grey asked sheepishly, glancing around. He got off of the white's back and trotted alongside him.

I don't know. I was just looking around. Are there others here? -the white asked, as the two approached Sapphire's tree.

((Long post is long.))

Star looked around. She had only eaten a mouse in her short life, and she was hungry. I might as well walk back to where I was before I went looking for the small brown food-thing. I don't like this place. It's scary and the ground tries to eat you. She walked for awhile and came to the Magi garden. A gray hatchling was talking to a white adult dragon. He's so big and scary... I don't want him to be mad at me. He's to big. He's so much bigger than the small brown food-thing. Star walked into the garden. "Hi, I'm Star," she said, very shyly and timidly. The white dragon is very big... and why does he have feathers on his wings? Why aren't they like Sapphire's? The birds were chirping, just high enough that she couldn't catch them. They seemed to be taunting her, playing a dangerous game with the hatchling. Of course, Star probably wasn't fast enough to catch them even if they were within her reach. She jumped, trying to catch the little colorful feathery things that were darting around in the branches. She fell to the ground with nothing in her claws. She got up, and looked at the birds again. There must be somewhere I can get food...

Drako jumped at the sound of the other dragon's voice. He started scrambling to get up so he could see the dragon that the voice belonged to. Finally he made it up and stared panting at at the dragoness. "Who are you?" He asked as he glanced at his surrondings quickly and then back at the dragoness.

Venarria smirked. "I am Venarria," she replied with a snort. The Magi sat down. "Who else would I be?" She looked curiously at the black dragon. He looked so closely similar to the dragon that had raised her, but sh knew that it wasn't. But still nostalgic thoughts still hit her like a wave at high tide, and she couldn't hold them back. The Magi shook her head clear and looked back up at the black dragon.

Two weary dragons swam towards the beach. They were weary, and those scuffles with the Thunderdolt Clan-- oops! Thunderbolt Clan hadn't helped.

Tekunin's wings were tattered from fighting. He had a bubble raft under him, courtesy of Xerana, to keep him afloat. The Shallow Water had made a similar raft for herself, and lightly paddled alongside the Black Stripe.

"Hurry, let's reach the island quickly. These bubbles don't last forever, Teku."

"I konw that, Rana. I believe any dragon with half a mind would know."

"Not time for your smart-alecky attitude."

"It's not smart alecky-ness, it's a matter of stating your true beliefs."

Xerana rolled her eyes. "So it's not your fault the Thunderdolts decided to do a number on us? You were just 'stating your true beliefs'?"

"Yes, that's the concept."

She sighed. She had no time for a full blown standoff with Teku. They reached the shore. The bubbles popped, sending their riders flopping on the beach.

Both laid there, wanting to rest before moving on.

((Please try to write at least 650 characters. (I updated the rules, please read them.)))

As Sapphire finished the furnishing of the Rain Shelter, she heard muffled cries from outside. Outside, Kiara met her eyes, "Hungry hungry!" the black dragon shouted. The dragoness shook ff some of the dirt that had collected on her scaly pelt, not actually making any differences visually, but it loosened up the mad that had been caked on her usually shining scales. She then led Kiara to the quickly shrinking pile of plums and pears she had collected earlier, Nexote and Sparrow were still sleeping under her tree and the rest were not in sight. The tiny egg was still not moving, giving Sapphire a slightly sick feeling in her stomach. Next on the agenda was filling the large hole in the shade of the trees with water, and clearing out the tunnels located in the lake that had been covered with debris, this would serve as a home for the dragons that lived in sea environments, It's good that no dragons live in fresh water. Sapphire thought, That would make the lake harder to fill.

The only convenient way Sapphire could think of getting the sea water to fill up the lake was by freezing a section of the water, dragging it to the lake, and unfreezing it there. The seasonal gave a large sigh, it would be a long day, and there weren't any others to help in sight.

A blur of orange and black suddenly caught Sapphire's attention. Newcomers! She hurried over via swimming in a 'W' pattern by the shore, she wanted to rid her scales of mud, and it was a fast way to swim in shallow water. Sapphire shook her head like that of a dog and then spoke. "Hello! Welcome to the Island of Hope!"

Edited by kolodragon

Tashrin looked up when Sapphire showed up showing another hatchling food. When she glanced at the hole and so on he went up to her though realized she was deep in thought then she took off. It ran after her on foot. then he stopped in the tree's still when he saw 2 new comers. He hid him self not knowing if they where friendly or hostile. He watched with wide eye's.

((Are you talking about Venarria and I or Xerana and Tekunin?))

"Venarria huh? I like that name." Drako said as he relaxed and sat down in the warm gold sand." He noticed something in the corner of his eye. He calmly glanced over in it's direction. Suddenly he jumped to his feat in surprise. He saw three dragons talking on the beach a little ways down. "Dragons! There are three other dragons over there." He said quickly looking back at Venarria then glancing back nervously at the others, "Do you know them?"

Edited by Azteck

((Who, what, where, when, wha? I am completely brainfrazzled. Who is referring to who? @_@))

((Here. I'll try meet the 650 characters limit, Kolo. I'm assuming they're refering to Xerana, Sapphire and Tekunin, Alex. I think.))

Xerana regained enough energy to drag herself over to the seasonal hatchling that had welcomed them to the island. "I presume this is the fabled Island of Hope, young one?" "By the ways, where are your parents, and what's your name?" She asked in a friendly manner.

"Could this be it? I'm sure, but I must check. It looks beautiful..."

Turning to her friend, she had to stifle a laugh. Teku had his head buried in the wet sand, and he looked ridiculous, frantically lashing out every which way, and muffled cursing could be heard.

"I'll help you Teku. Just hold on, and don't sufficate." The Shallow Water walked over, careful to avoid Tekunin's flailing. Xerana grabbed hold of the Black Stripe's tail and began yanking him out of the sand.

Edited by Durppie

((Who the fudge is Alex?))

"Yes, this is the Island of Hope, and my name is Sapphire." the hatchling replied in a blunt manner, "In short, my parents have passed away due to a hurricane, along with most of the islands population. Despite being a hatchling, I now take care of this island, you must think I'm insane at this point, but I actually would be an adult if well.. my..." After a bit of rambling, Sapphire finally composed herself. "And who are you two?" She glanced at the shallow water for a second, and then to the black striped one before returning her gaze to Xerana before the two could reply and added, "I'm afraid you may have to stay by the beach for today, Miss Shallow Water, I'm still refilling the lake by the nests."

((Sorry! Sorry! -kneels down and pleads for forgiveness-))

Kyitei yawned. Most of the hatchling and dragons were awake already. Carefully, he looked over his egg fragments he collected in a corner of his nest. They were beautiful.

"What happened here?" There were more dragons. He was confused. "Ummm."

He made his nest quickly, primping up the moss so it was soft to his liking.

He rearranged the sticks and threw away a branch with bird poop on it. eeewwie. With his tail, he repolished the egg shells and sat back to admire his work. The nest was clean. Looks just how Sapphire made it before. Kyitei thought proudly admireing his cleaning.

Slipping out of his nest, Kyitei scrambled up the closest cherry tree and sat on the branch munching on the sweet and juicy fruit. Watching that dragons below, he flicked some berry juice onto the tree bark and tried making another picture with the red liquid.

"Hmmm. Here and here." Kyitei dabbed at the bark with his claws. "There." He had made a picture of squiggles and dots. He felt it was important.

He finished his cherry and ran back down the tree holding another one by the stem. He looked around for Sapphire.

"Sapphire! Sapphire!" Sapphire was talking to some other dragons who had come.

Kyitei ran over still holding the cherry delicately by the stem. "Sapphire! I got you breakfast!" He nudged the cherry towards Sapphire. "What happened. Who're they?" He looked at the new dragons that had come. "Here."

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

Name:Song

Breed: Black dragon

Personality: Song is playfull and strong. Seasons. She's very nice to the other dragons, and likes to leap down from trees to play-attack them

Other?:

Edited by Swanfeather-te-kitty

((Oh jee, I wonder who... rolleyes.gif))

((Joy, post longer, it has to be around 650 chars. long.))

((**RAGE MODE ACTIVATED** Read the whole entire freaking first post. >:E Not you Ælex, Swanfeather.))

Edited by kolodragon

Xerana stared at the hatchling. So this Sapphire was in charge?

"Okay, So, you would be an adult if not for..?" "Hmm, magic do you mean?"

Xerana only heard stories of hatchlings staying young forever, but she wasn't sure if it was true.

"First I have to pull Tekunin, the dragon with his head in the sand, out."

She heaved and pulled on the tail with all her might. Suddenly, she managed to pull him straight out of the sand. She used a little too much force, though, and she went sprawling and rolling on the beach. Tekunin landed back first.

He sat up, spitting out sand and wiping it from his eyes and body. He was coughing for a minute before settling back down. Xerana stood upright as well.

"Oh, and I'm Xerana. You can call me Rana."

"I'm Tekunin. You could call me Teku, I suppose."

Xerana was a little disappointed, but she wouldn't mind. "I don't mind, Sapphire." "But first, can we go see more of this island?"

((They're at the beach, Joy, half a mile away. ]:C ))

"Sure..." Sapphire said assuredly, "How are you going to be able to walk Rana? Isn't your breed that of a water dweller?" She tilted her head to one side to portray her confusion. "Anyways, further along the shore to your right are the Sunkist Palms, a large group of palm trees that supply the island with coconuts and their milk so we don't need to purify sea water. To your left is the Underground Cave, we keep the island's eggs there for protection. " The seasonal looked to the ground with a dark expression, and clenched her teeth, her mother Ruby had died there after trying to save as many eggs as she could from the hurricane. She sighed and continued, "After you cross the beach, a clearing will eventually come into view, that is where we make our nests, in trees, or in the system of tunnels under the lake. However, the lake is dried up at the moment."

Edited by kolodragon

Venarria shook her head at the black dragon. "No, I've just hardly known Sapphire. And I've only spoken to a single hatchling otherwise. And of course, you." She shifted a bit, still gazing at the newcomers. The dragoness stepped towards them, turning her head back around toward Drako. "Well?" she prompted. "Are you going to introduce yourself?"

Venarria continued toward the dragons. She stood beside Sapphire and looked them over. "I'm Venarria," the Magi spoke firmly, as these were not hatchlings. "I'd love to know your names." She stretched her wings a bit, but quickly shut them back to her sides.

A warm wind brushed her side, and the Magi remembered how the dragons at her old island greeted newcomers. The corners of her mouth tilted upward, but she shook the nostalgic feeling away. No, the dragoness thought. I don't need to think about them.

Tashrin watched the scene with wide eye's. Sapphire did not look happy though. She seemed to not take kindly to being called a hatchling in anyway. When another hatchling ran up to her with a cherry he decided it was ok to come out. He slowly came up to the group keeping an eye on the new comers nurvesly.

Drako watched Venarria walk towards the newcomers. He was very shy so he had to think for a few moments about walking over there too. Finally he decided to go, so he walked slowely towards them. There were about four dragons over there so he was very nervous. He stopped about five feet away and stared at them. There was a black and orange one an orange water dragon a seasonal hatchling and Venarria. He watched as Venarria introduced herself. The seasonal hatchling didn't seem very happy. She seemed more sad. Drako didn't say anything. He just stood there watching every thing. Half of him hoped they would notice him and the other half hoped they wouldn't.

Edited by Azteck

The two dragons, Xerana and Tekunin looked at the other dragons that had gathered. A magi hatchling, magi adult, and a black all looked apprehensive.

"I am Xerana. I like being called Rana, however."

"I'm Tekunin. She, "he motioned to Xerana, "calls me Teku, or sometimes, just plain idiot."

Xerana growled a little at Teku, but was smiling. "That's because you act like an idiot when I call you that!" Tekunin paid no attention, and was looking at the others. He spotted the black dragon again.

"Hey, wanna come over?"

The Shallow Water explained to Sapphire, "Yep, we live in, well, shallow water, but we have legs to go on land."

Edited by Durppie