kolodragon

The Island of Hope

With the aid of Sapphire's relaxing chill, Ashur managed to doze off into a peaceful sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There, though the eyes of his all too familiar grown projection into his own dreamwold, Ashur now found himself standing in the middle of what looked like a graveyard turned on its head. The ground nearby was covered in corpses and sprayed with blood all over. The most disgusting sight of all that caught his attention were gutted spiders with their fluids still seeping out from their shattered exoskeletons. The grey readied itself for battle, when in the distance, a voice called.

'Come on, we have to leave! -a female neotropical, roughly a tad older and larger than the grey beckoned to his left. Behind her, a sunny plateau with lush green trees and shrubs, songbirds singing joyfully and a river of the purest looking crystal-clear water. A small cut of a feral dragon's paradise.

'No! You have to stay! This is our home, we must defend it! -another voice beckoned to his right. A magi stood there, bloodied and visibly in need of help, with a pleading look on its face. A face that just seemed so familiar, and friendly. Behind it, in the background, a huge castle stood tall and proud, and a legion of undead spawn was marching towards it. Atop the highest tower, a slowly burning flag, and upon it a symbol, a runic insignia that was just so famliar to Ashur.

'There is no time to waste, we have to leave. -the neotropical beckoned again, calmly and invitingly.

'But... but...

'Think about what you are doing! Are you really going to let all we've lived for be destroyed?! Tell me you won't do that! -the magi yelled, desperation ebbing within its voice.

'But... but... Who are you two... where... -the grey started shuddering...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then... the vision ended, and Ashur awoke instantly, eyes snapping open.

'What... was that? -he mumbled, and sighed, then lay his head back down.

Soon the grey would realize many of his nights would be filled with similar scenes as the ones in his randomly occurring flashbacks.

And this one, was no less cryptic than the rest.

Edited by Ælex

((I'm done editing Star's sprite smile.gif ))

The mumbling of Ashur woke Sapphire up. She stood up on her four legs and shook her head with a groan. While the other dragons were still shaking off the lull of sleep, the dragoness picked a large pile of pears and plums and set the pile in the middle of the clearing as she ate her breakfast of unfortunate animals that had met their fate due to lightning and the cold. Four unlucky mice were placed in a separate pile for Ashur. As much as she wanted to, Sapphire reasoned herself out of cooking the dull fruits and meat into something for more delicious, for she had four new nests to make.

Vena seemed like she had found a good enough spot to use as a shelter, so Sapphire reasoned that she would work on a hatchling's nest first. As for who to start with, Sapphire did not have a clue, that was, until she stumble across a bird nest that had fallen out of a tree during the storm, it had no lingering bird scents at all, so the seasonal deemed the nest unused.

The abandoned bird nest was quickly modified into a nest for the unhatched dragon, Sapphire decided to consider a pygmy a group of dragon species, Kyitei would be a normal pygmy, and the hatchling-to-be would be something like a 'Pearl Pygmy' the seasonal concluded that she would think of a species and a name for the dragon when it hatched. The nest was fashioned onto an lychee tree roughly the same size and age as Kyitei's dwarf apple tree.

Once Sapphire was confident that only a violent hurricane could rip the nest off its tree, she moved on to creating Star's. There was a large tree with a strong, middle branch that was perfect for Star's nest, it provided shade all of the early day and only let the sun hit the place intended for the nest during sunset. I had a clear view for the night sky, and was very close to her own nest. After taking a deep sigh, Sapphire got to work, only a few more nests.

((Yay! A small wall of text! I should really start making paragraphs out of these.))

Edited by kolodragon

Venarria stirred as the first rays of sun reaching up over the horizon, curling their golden fingers around the dew-dropped plants and lay warm on the dragoness' back. She stretched her legs, then got to her feet and expanded her wings, working every muscle and every bone. The Magi stepped out of her shelter and sniffed the air. Perhaps she could steal the eggs of a bird, or maybe even make a small kill. She caught the scent of a rabbit, and singling it out, once again found the trail by dipping her head to the ground and following the scent.

After a few minutes of careless lumbering, the smell grew stronger. Venarria lifted her head to check the wind. Luckily it was blowing towards her, so the rabbit could not catch her scent. She crouched low to the ground, and quieter than the dead of the night, she slunk through the shrub, still following the trail. The dragoness' heart was beating fast, hard, with the anticipation. She steadied her breathing to hold back her excitement.

And then she saw it. It must have been the biggest hare she had ever seen, for this was too massive a rodent to be a rabbit. Venarria took in a deep breath and let her eyes dance across the immediate landscape. The ground on the other side of the hare was thick with trees, just as her hiding place was now. The terrain in front of the hare was rocky and steep, and behind was smooth with brush. The Magi bit her lip, then snuck around behind her prey. With ever so cautious movement, she crept closer, and closer...

Venarria leaped, muscles rippling beneath her thick reptilian skin. Her mouth flew open, baring sharp, yellow teeth coated in saliva. She had performed a spell on herself a few days earlier that put a potent venom in spit. The dragoness bounded after the hare and sunk her teeth into its plush fur, piercing the skin and taking pleasure from the metallic taste of blood filling her mouth. For a moment she sat, draining the blood from her victim.

After the hare's breathing had ceased, Venarria stood. With her kill hanging fresh and limp from her mouth, she trotted into a more open area and took the air. The Magi soared effortlessly back to Sapphire's nest, where she landed quietly and settled herself under a tree.

"Are we doing well on food now?" she inquired.

Watching as Sapphire got up, Ashur couldn't help but note she seemed a bit on the groggy side. Had he woken her up prematurely? It mattered not, apologizing would be awkward anyway. Snapping up his breakfast, the grey ate it up vigorously. Mice were nice, but the fuzz did bother him, as it chafed against the throat and sometimes caused him to gag. Even still, he was grateful for the free breakfast.

Hunger sated, he looked about for something to do. Sure as hell he was in no mood for another practice session after yesterday's incident...

Edited by Ælex

"Are we doing well on food now?"

Sapphire looked up and spotted Vena, she shifted her eyes towards the pile of food about half her size and told the magi in a sarcastic tone, "I think we need about...twice as more..." She stuck her tough out through an opening of her razor-sharp teeth to show she was kidding and finished construction on a nest for Star. All that was left for the time being was Kiara's nest. The seasonal had yet to find materials and a place for the black dragons nest, and she hoped Vena could muster enough strength to make her own. "Are you well-rested enough to make your own nest Vena? If you aren't I'll help with building one after I'm done with the little ones'."

Tashrin went back to the group and saw a food pile. It was more fruit. He took a bit of a plum and got a confused face. The taste was not as good as the first one he had had. He ate it anyway and buried the seed. Then grabbed a pair and same thing. He was confused. Why was he not getting the same results as last time?

Nexote floated down from her nest and landed on the ground. She saw a pile of fruit and realized she was hungry. She yawned, and bounded over to the fruit pile. The hatching bit away at a pear. Mid-chew, she noticed Tashrin looking confused. Nexote put the pear down.

"What's wrong?"she asked.

Tashrin looked up at the daydream hatchling Nexote. "It does not taste the same..... the taste seems lacking now." he said just getting all the more confused. {Did fruit lose its favor?} he wondered. He finished the pear with a sticky noes now he licked his noes now thirsty.

(I am not in a condition to post ATM... got eye abrasion, minor infection, and an eye patch. Hurts eyes to type... ))

((Not sure what to post. Also, kolo have you considered making an OoC thread? tongue.gif ))

((Can I still join.. the season will be Summer in 3 days....literally

orange

user posted image

Name: Cryo

Breed: Wingless Hatchling (S1)

Personality: Cryo is very rash and hot-headed on making decisions also he is, oddly very patient. Most of the time Cryo is happy and cheery. He is also, very very pyromatic, making Cryo sneeze and cough out blue flames unintentionally.

Other?: Cryo's eyes are a deep blue, like the ocean. Also, his star constellations are silver and gold. Cryo also, spits blue fire that can burn anything in his path.

Also just a heads up, I'll be gone until Thursday night. sorry!))

(( {x} Finnneeee here you go~ Nobody post OoC content here anymore, I don't want to implement warnings and banning.))

((PM ME FORMS >:E))

((OHHAI.))

Venarria chuckled, shaking her head. She split open the hare's skin with a polished claw and gutted. The dragoness then peeled the rest of the skin off and put it to the side. She gulped down most of the meat and bones, then dug a hole and buried the organs. Taking the skin of the hare, she carried it to a sunny spot and staked it down with a few sticks she had sharpened earlier.

"This," Venarria announced to no one in particular, "will soon be leather. Don't touch it." She nodded affirmatively to herself, then turned to the hatchlings.

Edited by Lila

Leather, Sapphire thought, was that a type of nest material made from letting the sun bake an animal's pet? Was it a term the magi dragon used on the island she came from? Or perhaps it was food? Dragons that used to live on the island had talked about the leather before as well, some had used it as material for nests, or something along the lines as that. Instead of pondering over the possibilities, Sapphire sat down to rest as she scanned the canopy of fruit-bearing trees for a place for the black dragon. A decent place was found behind the two pygmys' trees, where a strong and healthy peach tree had decided to take root. In a matter of moments, a frame was created out of debris from all the storms. Sapphire's paws had noticeably taken a toll from weaving together so many nests in such a small amount of time. A short break at the beach was certainly in order, but not all the hatchlings had woken yet and so the seasonal had nothing to do but start weaving the frame of the nest together.

((Wonderful, Sapphire's supposed to actually know what leather is / how to make it :X ))

Edited by kolodragon

Star woke up, her stomach growling with hunger. So hungry... She trotted around, searching for the scent of food. She found the trail of a mouse, and she began to follow it. The trail twisted and turned, and soon she had no idea where she was. She caught up to the mouse, and chased after it. She caught it, but it had jumped onto a lily pad in the swamp. Star gulped the mouse down, but she was hopelessly stuck.I can get out myself! She struggled more, but that only sucked her deeper down. I can't get out of here! I need help! "Sap-hire! Sap-hire! Help me! I'm stuck!" Star screamed with all her might, wondering if she would ever get out alive.

((That's a few miles away from the clearing...))

Finally the last of the hatchlings' nests were complete, Sapphire decided to work on a rain shelter before working on Vena's nest. A suitable place was found on slightly higher land in the cover of some thick-leaved trees. If the ground was dug into a dirt igloo, it would be big enough to fit at least five grown dragons and then some. Luckily for Sapphire, her claws were sharp enough to tear through the hardened dirt that had not even been touched by the recent storm. The shelter was quickly dug out, along with a moat for any water that had found its way into the canopy of leaves so that the cave would not be able to be flooded. Sapphire decided that a lining of waterproof lilypads was in order, so she flew to the Lilypad Swamp where she met a rather strange surprise. Star was shoulder deep in the center part of the swamp. To this, Sapphire sighed and flew over to the hatchling, clamped her paws around the nebula's waist and make powerful flaps of her wings. After a while of struggling, Star was placed on safe ground yards away.

((Sapphire doesn't have to know anything.

She will leeeeeeeeeeeeeearn.))

Venarria looked up at Sapphire. "You don't need to build me a nest," she called. "I'll do it." The dragoness didn't want to burden a hatchling with a dragon's work. She flew into a seperate tree, and using a spell, made the branches flexible. She bent the branches into the skeleton of a nest, then performed another spell to harden them just enough to where they wouldn't break.

Venarria flew down, gathering some leaves and spare twigs. She flew back up to the nest, weaving the twigs into the empty spaces between branches, then padded the nest with leaves. The Magi pounded on the bottom of the nest to be sure it would hold, and it did. She turned to Sapphire and smiled.

"Thank you, Sap-hire." Star was frightened. The mud had slowly sucked her down, and she thought she would never get out. Then Sapphire had come and saved her. She was on solid ground, safe and sound. Her scales were covered in mud, but she didn't care. "I-I was hungry. I followed a smell and it led me here. Then I was stuck. I'm sorry..."

"I-t's fin-e" Sapphire managed to stamper in between breaths, she shook most of the swamp mud off her scales and wings and padded down along the outside of the swamp, looking for a good patch of lilypads. Some where soon found, and no pad was left uncut. With a large bundle of lilypads clamped under her long neck and in her jaws, Sapphire flew low to the ground, for the mud had weighed down her blue wings. She made sure Star would not cause anymore trouble as she flew off, and eventually arrived back at the Rain Shelter. The lilypads were scattered around the dusty ground of the floor. Some were combined with the mud gathered on Sapphire's wings and used to strengthen the roof of the shelter.

((Now to update the map... ))

((She's older than Veeennnnnaaaaaaa))

((Did I just ninja you?))

((No, and what? I guess I didn't read the OP very well.))

((Sorry I haven't been on these past 2 days))

Kiara woke up the very next day, she jumped up and ran around Sapphire "I'm hungry! Hungry hungry!!"

Drako had been flying for days and by now he had lost all hope of finding the island. Just as he was going to give up he saw a small shape in the far north. He smiled and laughed for joy. He had found the Island of Hope. He slowely got closer and closer until the island was no longer a small shape in the distance. It was now as huge as a city. Draco was so weak he just fell out of the sky with no efort to slow his descent. He landed hard on the south side of the beach, but luckily the sand softened the landing. Still it was hard enough to nocked him unconcious...

Edited by Azteck

Venarria winced at the black blur tumbling through the sky. "What is that..." she mumbled, taking to the air. She soared to the beach, in the direction of the falling black object, and as she came closer, realized it was a dragon. The dragoness landed a few hundred meters away. She dipped her head and watched the dragon for a few minutes before deeming him unconscious. She cautiously made her way to the dragon.

He was a black dragon and appeared far weaker than she was when she had first reached the island. Her emerald eyes danced across his body, checking for any injury. Seeing no signs of any, Venarria sat next to him and waited for the dragon to wake up, just in case injuries were internal.