kolodragon

The Island of Hope

((I feel like your personal sideplot is going to fight with the story plot I have planned for Ashur....))

"Hello dear Ashur." The young dragoness looked back at her back leg, where the newborn had nudged her. "You look as if you have seen the ghost of one you would rather forget." Sapphire took a few steps in front of Ashur and made a half circle slowly around him as she talked. "Don't focus on the past and events you don't understands, just keep moving forward." As the she-dragon spoke, sorrow and regret showed in her icy cold eyes, her gaze then came back to a soothing blue once she stopped. Sapphire was doubtful that the gray dragon hatchling had even a whim of what she was saying, but he seemed at least smart enough to understand the meaning of her words. She wasn't just about to let stress and her personal feelings kill another innocent young dragon.

((They are just memories. Just a 'thing' about Ashur.

And actually, they are flashbacks of the Ashur from New Beginnings.

My prized character. Writing.))

The grey tilted its head to one side, then the other,confused as to what Sapphire was trying to say. He was not familiar with a detailed enough vocabulary to be able to talk normally yet. After all, he was just a day old.

'Eh? -the grey slurred, then shook its head briefly, killing the confusion.

'Um... -he started... unsure how to address the seasonal. He didn't know her name, nor did he know the word to use as to address her otherwise, save for one word...

'Mom? Where is here? -he tried to ask, then sighed, thought for a second, stood up and spun around in place ,staring at the floor... what are the words, what are they?

'What... -he paused, glanced sidewards towards the sky, head tilted a bit still- ...is... -he grunted with displeasure when the next word lost him... tapping the ground nervously a few times, it came to him- ... place, this... What is this place? -he finally asked right.

Edited by Ælex

Tashrin was getting bored now. Yes life was new and looked so new as well staring at things only had so much fun. He looked around. He was told not to wonder off so he looked around. He jumped and landed in some leafs. He played around but got bored again. He found a bug and accedenly squashed it. He then looked put out. He was bored but nothing was lasting.

((and I'm slowly getting writers block. I need something to happen to get Tashrin going.))

(O.o I never thought about how he could talk.... Ahh, well. :/))

Kyitei had finished the second cherry when a peeping noise cam out from the other egg.

"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr."

He scampered over, tripping multiple times until he could see the new little hatchliing. He stared at it in awe. He had hatched a few hours ago but he never saw someone else hatch before. This one looked stuck.

He walked around it once. The hatchling was already bigger than he was but if he could help then he would. He head butted the side of the egg trying to make it crack more.

This egg was tougher than his, but he managed to crack it a bit. Another blow and the hole was bigger.

He spun around with happiness and waited for the new hatchling to come play with him.

((I think I was in New Beginnings at one point...O-O Haha xd.png Sapphire's monologing. ))

"I am not your mother, little Ashur. My name is Sapphire" Sapphire pet the storm dragon with her tail and continued. "This is the Island of Hope, your real mother and father used to live here. Maybe when you're older I'll explain"

~~

((Here's is the first RP-wide post, please do pay attention to these, they go with the plot. I may have to minorly control you characters during these.))

Before the sun could even set into the salty abyss many call the sea, it was covered by thick layers of clouds. In a flash of lightning, a wild storm began, most likely the remains of the hurricane that had blown across the island just earlier the same day. Heavy winds scattered the hatchlings in the clearing, Sapphire was slammed into a tree, Ashur was blown all the way to the beach, Kyitei fell inside the unamed Swallowtail egg, and fell down to the floor, the egg shell managed to fall unscathed, Tashrin ended up headfirst in the pool of the Magi Garden, and Nexote wound up in the edges of the Origin Forest. Rain relentlessly fell from the dark sky, wind blew in every which direction, and thunder roared in the background.

The cold of the storm could easily kill a newborn dragon, however, Ashur did not feel cold at all, instead he almost felt..warm. At his feet he found the most radiant orb, it glowed the warm colors of red, orange and tints of yellow. It gave of a relaxing heat and radiated a soft orange glow, it almost looked as if it was burning from the inside, yet it had a glassy surface.

It was not only Ashur that experienced this, Tashrin found that he did not experience the sensation of cold right down to the bone, yet what happened with him was not alike, nor dislike what Ashur discovered. The young magi dragon found a orb of blue and green, it cave a calm, dim-blue light and looked as if the ocean was trapped inside the ball. In the water, the herbs on the magi's arm started to lift off, revealing the hatchling's spider bite. As the rain pattered down on the magi newborn's arm, the wound healed itself in a matter of seconds.

((LLD, you're lucky, I was was planning this anyways biggrin.gif))

Edited by kolodragon

Tashrin was put out... that is till the gusts of wind hit. at first he was wondering what the heck was battering him he could not see it then a flash and rain and then he was flying. He let out a shocked yowl as the wind carried him through the air. He was freaked out. Then *sploosh* as he hit the water..... orb? the rain suddenly was not as.... cold and the wind almost seemed to vanish. then he felt the herbs coming off his for arm and his eye's went as wide as a hatchlings eye's could go with out falling out as he watched the bite just vanish. No itch no nothing. It was if it never existed. He looked around. He was at a pond like place. It made him feel...... at home. He did not understand it but here was making all the scary things, wind, cold, just made it go away. the rain was still heavy but felt a lot better then it did a few moments ago.

((Hows this?))

Silently, almost as if zoned out, Ashur picked up on the oncoming gale winds a second too late, and found himself on the shoreline before he could do anything to prevent himself from being swept away like an autumn leaf by the wind. He smacked into the ground and gritted his little teeth. That was a bruise he'd feel tomorrow for sure...

Attempting to get up, he shakily stood against the winds, and tried to move back towards the seasonal... but something caught his attention. Of all the places for this, an orb, a magical artifact of sorts, the grey figured, was just beneath the sand's surface... Who left it there? Why did they leave it there? What purpose does it serve? All those questions... but no time to answer them. The wind was too strong to battle, so Ashur did the next best thing, he dug out a small pit in the sand where he was standing and took cover, waiting for the winds to settle a bit. Examining the orb, he felt perplexed by it, as if it meant something, but what?

Edited by Ælex

"Eeaa!" The little dragonlet wiggled, what had happened out there?! She had noticed the hole get bigger, and realized that with the change of smell was another something. Frowning, the little dragon forced her eyes open, taking her first few blinks at the world. And to her surprised, there was another something in her shell! "Prrrrrrrr!" She squeaked, not sure whether to push at the other or push at the egg. Luckily, the choice didn't really matter, because this egg was not home for both hatchlings; it broke soon after the two of them landed safely after being rolled around by the storm.

The swallowtail stood on wobbly legs, taking it all in with her eyes because she could now. Then, she stared at the little creature that had been in her shell with her; it was because of them that she was out here now, right?! Smiling, the girl wobbled over to the smaller hatchling and nuzzled them, a thank you and a hello all rolled into one.

((Perfect))

Sapphire's head felt extremely heavy, she tried as hard as she could, but could not muster the strength to lift her heavy body up. Since she possessed the form of a summer seasonal at the time the gales and rain broke out, her body heat was enough to keep her alive.

~~

As soon as Tashrin made contact with the strange orb, the ghostly image of a guardian dragon appeared in front of the magi hatchling. Her image was not frightening, but actually rather calming, she looked as if she was made of water. Greetings Tashrin, do not be afraid, I am Abrena, the dragon formerly gifted with the power of water, now I am here to pass it to you. The power of water can heal you, and allows you to morph it. A blue aura then washed over Tashrin and a wave of calm and coolness came through the magi. The orb became a dull stone with a small painting of a rainbow fish as Abrena vanished.

At the same time, when Ashur touched the glowing red orb, a ghostly white dragon appeared in front of the storm dragon. He looked as if he was made of fire, but the white spoke with a peaceful and very young voice. Hello Ashur, my name is Nick, fire was the gift formerly given to me, and now I will pass it to you. Fire gives you a gentle heat, as well as a fierce flame to engulf your claws whenever you choose to unleash the flames. A red aura then engulfed Ashur, it sent a feeling of warmth throughout the storm's body. As Nick's image faded, the orb became a stone with the picture of an expanse of grapes.

These are our favorite memories we shared with Sapphire. Voices in the air told Tashrin and Ashur. She was a mother to us all, and she will care for you as she cared for us. Treat her well, she has been through so much for us.

((If a person who originally RPed this were to join now, this would be incredibly awkward...o-o))

The grey stood there, paralyzed with both fear and confusion, and watched as what happened happened. As the red aura engulfed him, a sudden wave of energy swept through him. Dropping the now stone orb, Ashur crawled backwards towards the surface, and made a dash, away against the storm, seeking Sapphire, or anyone.

It was odd, the once biting cold of the crashing rain was gone... there was no more cold, there was heat. An unearthly warmth that felt unnatural to Ashur, but then, going on what had just happened, that had an explanation. After a good dozen or so seconds of running, the incautious gray tripped over and fell down, burying its face in the wet sand, nastily scraping its nose. Getting up, it let off a little snort of frustration and rubbed its nose, only to be met with an uncanny surprise. Both his little paws were giving off a low flame. His right, a clear perfect normal fire, and his tainted left, an uncanny sickly pale teal flame flickered.

Leaving the fires as an afterthought, the grey got back up and continued on its way through the storm. It didn't even notice that once it'd released its frustration with his recent trip, both fires had vanished.

((This okay? Its a little twist to the regularity of using fire and fits Ashur's little distinctive feature. If not, I'll edit it out. Love what you did just now, by the way. xd.png))

Edited by Ælex

((Oh ho I love how well I planned this. :3))

Once again, the feeling of consciousness flooded over Sapphire, and this time it remained there. Kyitei and a new hatchling were in front of her, sprawled out on the ground. Swallows were the first thing that came to mind when Sapphire glanced at the hatchling's tail, she would call the new dragon a swallowtail dragon, but that was no name. "I will call you..Sparrow, a type of bird similar to the swallow, may you live in peace and prosperity on this island." Sapphire stood up and tried to look around for the other hatchlings, none happened to be nearby. Before she blacked out, the seasonal remembered that Nexote had been blown in the direction of the rainforest, she flew in the direction of the Origin Forest in search of the daydream hatchling.

((Would anyone be interested in a free, customized banner for this RP / Updating their forms?))

Edited by kolodragon

Suddenly a wind whipped him up and plopped him into the big egg. He bumped againest the other hatchling and the egg rolled down and cracked. Suddenly, the storm was gone.

He watched Sapphire fly off and he saw two glowing orbs wink in the distance. The others were no where to be seen.

They're okay! he assured himself.

Kyitei gaped as the other hatchling nuzzled him. He was quite a bit smaller than the other hatchling, being a pygmy, and he felt proud to have a big dragon like him. He rolled over and purred.

"Play! Play!" He grabbed a flat rock. He would teach the new hatchling to draw pictures! He looked around for more fruit. he spotted a bright crimson berry. It didn't look like the cherry but it was red so it must be good.

He grabbed it and showed the other hatchling.

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

((Perfect))

Sapphire's head felt extremely heavy, she tried as hard as she could, but could not muster the strength to lift her heavy body up. Since she possessed the form of a summer seasonal at the time the gales and rain broke out, her body heat was enough to keep her alive.

~~

As soon as Tashrin made contact with the strange orb, the ghostly image of a guardian dragon appeared in front of the magi hatchling. Her image was not frightening, but actually rather calming, she looked as if she was made of water. Greetings Tashrin, do not be afraid, I am Abrena, the dragon formerly gifted with the power of water, now I am here to pass it to you. The power of water can heal you, and allows you to morph it. A blue aura then washed over Tashrin and a wave of calm and coolness came through the magi. The orb became a dull stone with a small painting of a rainbow fish as Abrena vanished.

At the same time, when Ashur touched the glowing red orb, a ghostly white dragon appeared in front of the storm dragon. He looked as if he was made of fire, but the white spoke with a peaceful and very young voice. Hello Ashur, my name is Nick, fire was the gift formerly given to me, and now I will pass it to you. Fire gives you a gentle heat, as well as a fierce flame to engulf your claws whenever you choose to unleash the flames. A red aura then engulfed Ashur, it sent a feeling of warmth throughout the storm's body. As Nick's image faded, the orb became a stone with the picture of an expanse of grapes.

These are our favorite memories we shared with Sapphire. Voices in the air told Tashrin and Ashur. She was a mother to us all, and she will care for you as she cared for us. Treat her well, she has been through so much for us.

((If a person who originally RPed this were to join now, this would be incredibly awkward...o-o))

Tashrin listened with wide eye's but some how he understood everything he was being told. Seeing a dragon of water was almost calming some how. When the aura washed over him he sat down relaxed despite all of this being new and interesting. When the water guardian dragon slowly went he reached out with his healed for arm and brushed the now stone with the rainbow fish. He looked around now knowing what his power was though still wondering about life. "water." he said then blinked "Water. Water water." he said smiling he suddenly knew how to say water. "water water water water." he said then jumped and landed and looked around. He looked back at the rainbow fish drawing and ran back up to it and rested a paw on it. He wondered where Sapphire was. {Power water heal...... what if Sapphire need heal?} he thought then looked at the rock then then around. He had no way to know where and how far he flew to get here. He got an idea

*swoosh* Tashrin was at the pond *Splash* and he was trying to get a tall spout of water to carry him self up so he could see further. So far he was not doing well. He got the water to go up but not in any way to hull a bug up never mind him self. He had found out how to raise water though not very well. He went into the pool and tried. the water went up and...... he was under it now. The water went down and sent him back to the edge of the pound area.

((Amature trying to work water lol. He's trying to get a tower of water butso far he can't get it to hold a bug up never mind hold himself and its not very high and not flat at all lol. Is that ok? (New to this sort of orb power thing)))

((It's fine tongue.gif The power is along the lines of Tashrin having limited control over water.))

Sapphire sensed an egg starting to hatch, this was no time for retrieving the egg from the Underground Cave, anything would be safer down in the cave. Instead of going to the beach the next day, Sapphire decided she would make a underground nest in case any more storms decided to occur. Now was not the time to wonder about such things, she had to push forward and try to seek out Nexote.

((Very short post because Durppie hasn't responded in a while.))

Edited by kolodragon

((You called? tongue.gif I'll update my form soon. Shall I PM the changes or post them here? So, what will I do next? huh.gif ))

Nexote struggled against the wind, but to no avail. The wind threatened to tear up the small cloud that kept her aloft. In the end, she decided to go with the flow of the air. The rain also seemed to wish to tear away at the pink cloud. Nexote whimpered. She was scared by the loud thunder, which reminded her of a huge, angry monster coming after her, but the lightning mesmerized her. It was very

pretty and bright. She willed the cloud to go after the lightning, but it was all she could do to keep the cloud together. Nexote felt that the storm couldn't last forever.

Right now she just needed to stay in the air. Hopefully, Sapphire could find her in this strange place she was blown to.

"Sap-fire? Sap-hire?"

Edited by Durppie

Tashrin gave up and sat down tired. He went back to the stone and laid down and rested his head down. This was all so new he did not know what to do for now. He watched as a little water wound its way around and realized it was chasing the spot he was looking at. He stopped thinking about it and it went away. He sat up and wondered if any one was near by that could help. He wondered if he could summon that dragon again and ask where Sapphire was. That way he could find her and so on.

((Just how big is this stone btw?))

((PM, The size of your (The person staring at this post) fist, so smaller than the size of a newborn paw, or more than half the size of Kyitei. It has no value plot wise, just a memento of the dragons that used to live on the island. But you don't know that. tongue.gif ))

A flash of pink passed Sapphire vision as Nexote missed her and continuously called out. "Sap-fire? Sap-hire?" An honest mistake, considering the dragoness was taking the form of a summer seasonal at the time. She jumped into the air and flapped her wings a couple of yards away from the hatchling. "Over here little Nexote." Sapphire motioned with her paws for the daydream to come closer. "It's not safe right now Nexote, come with me to the clearing."

'Can't stay... -Ashur thought worriedly, as the rain battered against him. He had no understanding of Sapphire's abilities, and considered himself well and truly on his own... nothing doin', he kept on moving, through the thick of the rainfall, against the winds, sometimes strong enough to cause the hatchling to lose its balance and topple over several times.

After an arduous dozen or so minutes of struggling against the winds, soaked to the marrow and exhausted, he barely picked up on a scent, a familiar scent. Tracing it, he was relieved as the winds quieted down just a bit as he moved on in that direction. Soon enough, he saw Sapphire's silhouette in the distance, and scampered over to her.

Nudging her leg, he asked with a croaky voice:

'What happen? -then coughed several times.

Hyperventilating all that cold air and rainwater had taken its toll.

((There's a storm, right? :s))

Edited by Ælex

((I feel short now. tongue.gif))

Kyitei abandoned his game with the new hatchling. he pattered on the grass until he could see everything. The storm was still raging in some places.

"Storm! storm!" He squeaked. A storm sounded fun. He headed towards a gray cloud in awe.

I thought all clouds were white!

A drop of water hit him and he lick it. Then he saw a pink cloud. he chased after it into the storm.

((I imagine Ashur's pitiful face and then I see your avatar xd.png))

Sapphire looked down, Ashur was clinging to her foot and completely soaked. She picked him up and dragged him into the cover of her wing, Nexote had not responded yet, so Sapphire turned to talk to the storm dragon. "A storm is happening." Sapphire said, plain and simple, she didn't want to exhaust the hatchling with thinking about her normal, complicated way of talking. Since Sapphire had no stockpiled energy, she switched her form a few times when Ashur had glanced away while hyperventilating and released the energy as a summer, she concentrated the energy on the grey dragon, and in an instant he was not as soaking wet as before. His body gave off heat, as if it had been under the sun, and Ashur was damp at best.

Wind and rain battered Kyitei. He was determined to catch the pink cloud. He was hungrey.

Must taste sweet!

He tripped over a stick and fell into a puddle. He came up with brown all over him. He licked it experimentally and spit it out.

Pink taste better

He plodded up again and continued his chase. The cloud was calling out "Sap-fire Sap-hire"

He paused. The cloud knew Sapphire? Of course! it could read his mind and it knew he was hungry. Sapphire would help him get the cloud!

"Sapphire! Sapphire!" Kyitei called.

The hatchling smiled, wagging her two tails as she blinked at the smaller creature. Was everyone this small? Oh, that would mean that she was too big wouldn't it? The Swallowtail Dragon whined, hoping that she wasn't too different; even though she wasn't sure what she looked like quite yet. Looking down at her feet, she saw that they were dark, but not black; and turning toward her back, she saw that her tails were long and the same color. Her back itself was brighter though; and a color that made her smile. She liked what she looked like! The new bit of self aware-ness was tossed aside though, when her little friend left her. Abandonded her and left her behind entirely.

Her eyes welled up with tears, it was the first time she had been left behind. She clicked quietly, following the other because she didn't want to be alone. She stopped though, when she saw the storm; her baby blue eyes wide as she backed back into the cave. "Rrrrrrr!" She called out, wishing that she knew more words; but she didn't have anyone to learn from yet. Where did he go? Couldn't he get hurt out there?

Tashrin picked up the rock and placed it on his back. While the the rain was still heavy it did not feel bad really. The wind was the issue. He found out how to counter it by using weeds and bushes as hold points. After a bit he saw a silhouette and started to make way over to Sapphire. He was exhausted from the wind and hauling the rock but due to the rain almost helping him he had made it. "Mom?" he asked when he got close and when he got close enough he clung to her leg with his stone.

"Mom?"

Another hatchling clung to Sapphire's leg, Tashrin looked significantly less effected by the storm. The heavy pounding of rain on the large leaves in the Origin Forest confirmed that the storm was not giving out at all. Sapphire wrapped her other wing around the magi dragon. Nexote was still above her, but seemed well protected by her cloud. Kyitei's cries for her were drown out by the thunder and rain, the heavy rain obscured the dragoness's vision as well. As Sapphire shook water off of her pelt, her eye caught a glimpse of the stone on Tashrin's back, it looked like a perfect depiction of Rainbow, a fish she had caught in the Origin Forest and given to her good friend, a guardian dragon as a pet. For some reason, Sapphire could not remember the guardian's name, the only thing that came to mind was a dragon with broken wings, a contraption make of wood and glass.