Bonjourno!

Nancy Drew

I have a feeling I'm gonna get a "No" on this one, but has anyone ever read a Nancy Drew book besides me on here? smile.gif

WOOT! Someone who likes Nancy Drew, yay!

(It seems like so many people go "meh" or have never read them at all)

I collect Nancy Drew books, I have the first 50-odd of the original series, and some of the Casefiles series too. I love the mysteries!

YAY! (When I named one of my dragons "Nancy Drew" and the name wasn't taken...I thought there was no hope :/) I don't *own* a lot of them, I have a few, but I usually just get them from the library. I also have some that aren't the original, I just can't remember their names :/ And yeah, right! Once, my English teacher mentioned Nancy Drew, and I started spazzing, and everyone was just like, she's soooo 5th grade. Psshhhhh~ xd.png

I have a whole shelf full of them. >U<

The cases are pretty interesting.. then again, I enjoy all types of Mystery books.

My mother used to read them to me when I was much younger ^^ Hm. I should try to get hold of some of them to read again

I love the Nancy Drew books - the originals much more than the "newer" ones.

I love the Nancy Drew books - the originals much more than the "newer" ones.

I agree. Like the paperback Newsday one's...not a fan. And I also read one where Nancy had to figure out who's been killing the zucchini in the area....clearly not an original tongue.gif

I read lots of these books (the 'orignal series' like the secret of the old clock, if that's what you're talking about; don't know anything about the newer series) when I was in middle school. They were all great reads!

I have read all the original books.

The first book I ever read for fun was Nancy Drew book.

I read some of them. I liked them, at least somewhat, mystery has never really been my thing.

I have read some smile.gif read all Nancy Drew books from the library. they were nice I remember smile.gif

HEY PEEPS!

I am a fan of Nancy Drew...

The question is: are you?

Hey imma poet and ah didnt even KNOW it! xd.png

Oh, god, so many caps!

I liked Nancy a lot when I was a kid, but I kind of grew out of her. Her stories were a bit simplistic and repetitive, although I did enjoy having a female detective heroine whose "side-kicks" were both girls. Fun and nice enough for younger readers. biggrin.gif

~Merged~

I liked Nancy a lot when I was a kid, but I kind of grew out of her. Her stories were a bit simplistic and repetitive, although I did enjoy having a female detective heroine whose "side-kicks" were both girls. Fun and nice enough for younger readers.  biggrin.gif

This. :3 I don't read her stories anymore, but I still love her. I read my mom's old Nancy Drew books. <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Oh my gosh!!! Finally!! Someone who likes Nancy Drew besides me! I collect her books! I really enjoy her stories!!!!!

Oh, wow, that takes me back. laugh.gif

I had 30 or 40 of those books... loved 'em when I was a kid, read 'em over and over. I liked George best, and I still don't think she and Bess were in enough books! I still remember the first one where I figured out the solution to the mystery - The Mysterious Mannequin.

Heh. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. rolleyes.gif

I've read a few and I really liked them. I also bought some of the books because I found them at library book sales, but haven't read those ones yet.

I have this gigantic set of these books at home, and whenever I'm bored or need something random to read, I just grab one of the books and read them.

The thing about Nancy Drew is, though, they changed it too much. The 'Girl Detective' series (the new, modernized one) doesn't really even seem like a mystery sort of genre anymore; it's a little too well, simple. But it's all going along with the series, and well, I'm not complaining, as they're perfectly fine books, it's just not really my type if I was to go for the mystery genre.

Oh, god, so many caps!

I liked Nancy a lot when I was a kid, but I kind of grew out of her. Her stories were a bit simplistic and repetitive, although I did enjoy having a female detective heroine whose "side-kicks" were both girls. Fun and nice enough for younger readers. biggrin.gif

Exactly! I loved the original books as a kid, now, they sit in the front room of my house and I don't read them anymore. I might every once in a great while, but most of the time I'm too busy reading my other books.

I've had books 1-8 since 2009 and not once have I ever thought about reading them. (I'm suck a dork for not reading my own books xd.png)

I went through a Nancy Drew faze in 6th grade. I read like every book that the school library owned. (Which was quite a few.) I really enjoyed them for awhile. But it was a total faze 'cause I suddenly seemed to wake up to the fact that they were all almost exactly the same. (Identical story line in most of them.) They were great at the time because I was just waking up to the joy of reading and they were easy to read and interesting books.

I've only read one of the new ones, it really wasn't as good. They style was very different.

What's that? A Nancy Drew topic that I haven't posted in?! I JUST CAN'T LET THAT STAND! *barrels through door*

In all seriousness, my aunt loved them. Still does, even though she's 45. She loves everything Nancy Drew. So, naturally, she got me to read them when I was a kid. My top shelf is filled with the old ones. >_> I'm not that big on them, but they can have some great unintentional humour.