crazybird123

Terraria

Terraria is AWESOME! It just came out like literally 10 minutes ago as I'm posting this and I already love it! You get to fight bosses and mine and make weapons! I'm gonna get it and build an epic fort! What do you guys think of this game?

Linky linky links!

Click me!

Edited by crazybird123

hjsadsk I bought it last night but I have work today so I can't play it. :<

Dude it's $10. You must literally have no money to spare if you can't afford it. o_O

I would also buy it, but I can't make my money virtual, so...

Last week: Loaded up a map for multiplayer. Friend and I dug a tiny hobbit hole, then later traveled westward to build a new base of operations. Hobbit hole still exists; I use it as a haven when I travel too far east and can't get back to base before nightfall. On a related note, I have an iron broadsword and zombies pile up at the doors 30 at a time to explode into hilarious piles of dismembered limbs in rapid succession as I knock them off the porch.

Also, got our first blood moon. It's more fun than it should be to sweep the zombie swarm off my balcony while I prepare a block of dirt to make them easier to kick around while we keep them off the NPCs. xd.png

----

So uh. I fired up the multiplayer again today.

Ten hours later we were decked out in meteorite armor and had killed both eyeball and eater several times. And gone down to the underworld twice. And renovated our base, and added a boss platform on top... and I lost count of how many shadow orbs we've popped...

I have maxed out mana and health now. My buddy only needs stars. I WANT A SPACE GUN. >D

Edited by Lythiaren

so addicting

i currently have gold weapons, iron shirt, silver pants and at least 200 health

i was trying to break shadow orbs

Eye of Cthulhu spawns, this happened TWICE while i was deep in corruption

so i died both times

another time while going for orbs i made a nice little platform in the curruption and dropped a dynamite off to break the stones, normal worm came out of nowhere and pushed me through the hole -__-

my boyfriend says cthulhu likes me cause he just keeps spawning D:

on our multiplayer my different character has a purple lightsaber cool.gif

The game reminds me of minecraft. I'm not saying that's bad. Minecraft did something right. I'm not surprised in the least others follow suit. And it's not like they're exactly the same. I like it.

not directed at you but at some of the less polite people who compare the two (lucky i haven't seen any here xd.png)

the core theme of the game is similar to minecraft

as it's basic description i'd say it is a survival where you have to gather and craft things

but with the numerous more enemies, npcs, boss battles, items ect it bridges off well and i consider it really different

personally i prefer minecraft for building and terraria's combat system

survival rpg games seem to be gaining notice

much like when people compare every single monster taming game to pokemon

and people say all mmorpgs are wow ripoffs

Edited by darkshadow5392

not directed at you but at some of the less polite people who compare the two (lucky i haven't seen any here xd.png)

the core theme of the game is similar to minecraft

as it's basic description i'd say it is a survival where you have to gather and craft things

but with the numerous more enemies, npcs, boss battles, items ect it bridges off well and i consider it really different

personally i prefer minecraft for building and terraria's combat system

survival rpg games seem to be gaining notice

much like when people compare every single monster taming game to pokemon

and people say all mmorpgs are wow ripoffs

That's the thing. People are to quick to call copy. If you actually play it, or at least watch a playthrough, you can spot the differences. More enemies and 2D graphics, just to name a couple. They are obviously similar but copy neither do.

Personally I couldn't give two shits about how similar two games are. Just as long as, say. another 3D block mining survival RPG (basically Minecraft with a different name) was to be released. Then I would call copy.

I like that pokemon reference too. That is a very good example of people calling copy.

TERRARIA!!!!!!!

I'm in love with this game right now. So far I've played about 30 hours, and I've only had it for a few days! xd.png It's definitely more addictive than Minecraft, but I think it's going to start petering out once I get to the highest levels--but I'm mostly playing with three friends (four pack FTW!) over a server I made, so it's quite fun.

Awesome game. I just hate the meteroite heads though. They just keep. On. Coming. Forever. I can't even mine the meteor because there are just too many of them!

Awesome game. I just hate the meteroite heads though. They just keep. On. Coming. Forever. I can't even mine the meteor because there are just too many of them!

just keep swinging your pick they bounce off of it most of the time

just fighting them wastes time and effort T__T

But then they come from the other side and...screw it, I'll just use dynamite.

Obsidian skull and sticky bombs. Immunity to the contact damage and the bombs stay where you put them, instead of just making a pit where the dynamite inevitably bounces before detonation.

And they kill meteor heads. Remember, the goal when you're mining meteorites is to reduce the number of blocks to below 50. That's when they stop spawning. If you blow out an initial hole with a stick of dynamite, and then line the resulting "bowl" with sticky bombs (grappling hook/ivy whip is AMAZING here to escape explosions) repeatedly, you should blow out enough to make them stop spawning and kill as many as possible while you're doing it. Once the music changes, you can take out the stragglers pretty easily with a Ball o' Hurt (which you might have gotten from one of the shadow orbs you popped to make the meteorite fall in the first place) or even just your pick as you take out the remaining ore. Using this method I got 349 ore from a single meteorite.

Edited by Lythiaren

Got this game late Saturday night. According to Steam I've played it 25 hours. ._.

So far I've got some pretty cool stuff. I found 3 floating islands in my world and got a few semi-rare items from those. I've got silver chainmail and greaves and gold helmet. I have all but 1 mana star maxed out. I've only found 1 heart in my massive cave complex though. I've got several of the NPCs moved into my tower / pyramid where I set up my base. I still need the arms dealer and the Dryad though. I could get the Dryad easily if I could only find a demon alter. I found the dungeon and tried to kill the skeleton boss a couple times, but I'm not ready for that yet. I set up a massive star / mushroom / tree farm in the sky which I used to get a ton of mana crystals. I've got a gold pickaxe and sword, as well as a statfury I found in an island chest. I've got a shiny red balloon and a cloud in a bottle, which makes getting around much easier. I also made a gold watch, which is more useful than I thought it would be. I made some goggles and some sunglasses for the hell out it, even though I don't need or use either. I only use my gold helmet or my mining helmet.

I need to go into the corruption or underworld to get some better stuff / more hearts. I completely explored every inch of my massive naturally occurring cave, but it never went deep enough to get my to the underworld. I did find some corruption area by accident from falling from one of my floating islands. Fortunately I had a lucky horseshoe. But I came very close to dieing when it became night time and I had a devourer plus like 5 eater of souls. I barely made it out, and haven't had the courage to go back in yet. I would like to play multiplayer, but I haven't had the chance to yet.

Definitely worth the 10 dollars.

Someone should start a DragonCave server O:

Edited by Cheeze

^Indeed.

New worst enemy: Bone serpents.

They just come out of nowhere and smash me sleep.gif And none of them have dropped Sunfury yet.

Anyway, I got some cool stuff now. I made a green phaseblade and I have full shadowscale armor with a hellstone chestplate. I got the flamerang too, which is awesome.

I bought it(had some spare debit card money)! It's fun, but when you're stuck in a Goblin War and the Eye of Chthulu keeps spawning himself because I haven't beaten him, it got frustrating.

I got a goblin thing once. It was pretty fun, but I didn't get any of the cool stuff that they sometimes drop.

To beat the eye I just used a gold bow and some wooden arrows. It's easy enough to dodge him if you have a large flat area made out to fight him at. Starfury is also pretty good so long as you have the mana for it.

But if you had goblins and the eye at one time, then idk. Tough luck. Dx

I got the game but haven't played recently because of MC. But still add me on steam with this name and we can do multiplayer (directed at everyone)

With the multiplayer thing it isn't necessary to add others on Steam. You just have to use Hamachi or something similar.

I could make a "Dragon Cave Terraria" network on Hamachi, but I don't know how we would work out when to all get on.

And if we did decide to do this, would we create a new world with new characters to start from scratch, start a new world to explore but bring our mains and supplies, or use an existing world with our existing characters?

As with most things, I'm going to opt out of a DC server anyway.

Mostly because I'll invariably become That One Guy who one night summons and fights all three bosses at the same time for lols while everyone else flails around trying to not die.

You don't need to add them? But anyway can someone play multiplayer with me? I can't be connected to because of port forwarding and stuff.

Lyth, I was "that guy who threw 6 grenades in his friends base killing 3 NPCs and both of us" so...