Tyracia

Stock Photo Contest Restarted

Alright so we decided to restart the stock photo contest that was here oh so long ago.

What it is about is I will post 2 images and you all have to make sigs out of those images, you can add others but those 2 images must be the main focus. I chose 2 larger images with quite a bit of stuff in them so that it will hopefully be a nice easy start.

Image 1:

user posted image

Image from Photobucket-Mr_Reverend

Image 2:

user posted image

Image from flash-screen.com-Free Wallpaper

All entries must be in by May 10th

This contest will run parallel to the normal sig contest providing it takes off.

Rules(look familiar?):

• Images must be comprised of the two images provided, additional images may be used but must not be the focus.

• There is to be no flaming or drama in this thread.

• The size limit is 600 x 200 pixels, vertically or horizontally. Images larger than the required size must be asked to be sized down.

• All work is to be completely your own. Do not grab it off the Internet and say, "Oh look I made this myself!" No.

• Do not solicit votes.

• Have fun and be creative!

• If you are using a stock, texture or brushes from another artist, be sure to always give credit. Always.

Question: Why does it have to be 600 by 200?

Is this a siggy contest as well?

What it is about is I will post 2 images and you all have to make sigs out of those images...

(Bolded for emphasis)

Sounds like a sig contest to me!

Well, here's my attempt at an entry:

user posted image

Edited by Stealthypugs

Yeah Kanaye it is a signature contest lol... As Stealthypugs quoted from my original post ^^;;

It's just a more challenging version of the normal sig contest, to really stretch peoples imaginations.

Very nice entry Pugs.

Took a break from my very hard homework to do this. I am kinda not really happy with the outcome, I think I could of done much better with more time. But here is my attempt.

I went for an "Outcast" theme.

user posted image

Well if you get more time to work on it just update it biggrin.gif

I think it came out nice as is but I'd love to see your improve version as well.

I am very glad you decided to restart this. I have been following the sig contests for a while now but I am just not good at getting inspiration and finding suitable pictures to start from, so this is much better for me.

Here's my entry:

user posted image

Hm... I've made a few sigs before, but never for a contest... I'll give it a shot. Not that great with GIMP yet, but here's my attempt:

user posted image

Alrighty, I'll give it a try as well.

user posted image

I edited it. Hope that's ok.

Edited by Kanaye

-pokes back up-

Lets see some more ^^

Well the sig contest ended and it doesn't look like anybody else is going to enter this one, so if the winner of sig contest 45 start their new contest before tomorrow I will end this one and put up the voting.