Kjakings

The Daleks vs The Borg

Who would you fight for?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Assume that these two species were to collide and war were to break out. Assume also that you know that if neither side gains an advantage the entire universe will be ripped to shreds. Now imagine you are in a position of power to decide the war (say, the Doctor or on the Starfleet Board of Admirals). Which evil would you rather live with?

An hive-mind intent on converting you and the rest of the galaxy in an ever-present quest for perfection, or an evil amoral species whose only purpose is to kill so that they are the dominant (or only, their agenda has become blurred) species in the galaxy?

Make your choice.

The Daleks would just kill us all, but the Borgs would allow some sort of proper civilization to still exist. Thus, I chose the Borgs.

I think I'd choose the cybermen. Okay, that's not an option so I'll go with Borg.

I'd go with the Borg. Although the daleks might offer us tea, they'd definitely kill us. With the borg we'd get to live on with a hive mind. (Plus, they look cooler than cyberman, and I say that as a DW fan).

Although, could I vote for a Doctor and Captain Kirk team up to take them both down?

Why? Kirk's version of the Enterprise could never take on the Borg or the Daleks. Captain Picard and the Enterprise-E FTW.

Daleks. Because I know nothing of the Borg, and the Daleks are my favorite DW bad guys

I nulled my vote because I wanted to see what other people thought, but for the record I went with the Borg, because they're run by the Queen and her interaction with Voyager shows she understands the concepts of gratitude and debt, although she may not place a high price on them the Daleks have no concept of them and would probably immediately turn around and start killing you as soon as you were finished helping them in the hypothetical war.

Daleks. Better dead than assimilated. The Borg would just make us all a member of their species, and I'd rather be dead than have that happen.

Daleks. Better dead than assimilated. The Borg would just make us all a member of their species, and I'd rather be dead than have that happen.

That saved me typing it! biggrin.gif

Death is an end. Assimilation might be fun, depending on what I'm assimilating into and how the rest of the hive mind reacts- I'm really curious :'P I would be of no to negative use fighting for either side, but I'd hope the Borg wins.

I'd go with The Doctor's choice. Seriously. I'd ask The Doctor.

I'd go with The Doctor's choice. Seriously. I'd ask The Doctor.

I voted for Daleks.

I voted for Daleks.

lol

I meant The Doctor. As in THAT Doctor. The one with the tardis.

Sorry I would rather be dead then borg. To have all my individuality stripped away? *shudders

The Doctor doesn't really have an objective opinion. He really quite hates the Daleks.

Borg. There are quite a few episodes in Voyager that suggest being a Borg might not quite be as bad as all that, and there's always the chance you'll become seperated form the collective and your own person again.

Where there's life there's hope; and if the Daleks end life, they end hope too.

Lmao. Dalek for certain :3

That saved me typing it! biggrin.gif

Same here!!!

Yeah, there is no way I would want the Borg making me one of them!

Like Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or give me death!"

Chance at a controlled life or total destruction. I guess I would take the borgs side because I might have a chance of breaking free of the borg programming. If I didn't have a chance of breaking free then I would choose to fight on the Dalek's side.

And, If you go with the borg and somehow ended up assimilating the universe... Let's just say that there are a lot of sevens out there ;P

I go with the Borgs. They are kinda cool. At least they let you live... and if I can help the borgs defeat the daleks, I would be helping the Doctor biggrin.gif

Why not have all the captains of starfleet team up, using heavily concentreated thaleron Beams(Too Dangerous for like, anything) to destroy both evil sides?

I would stay with the borg... I have read the Homecoming voyager series... read it please.

Borg:12, on this thread

Daleks:8

It was a tough choice, but I had to go with the Daleks. They're less scary, believe it or not. At least with Daleks, you can go up stairs, but Borgs have legs, so...