Marrionetta

User Item Inventories

Are you in favor of items and user inventories being added to gameplay?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why make DC like all the other games out there? It's not perfect, but it's close enough in its simplicity. Can't we just write into our dragons' descriptions the sort of things they like to hoard? I mean, Puff that mighty dragon was brought strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff by Jackie Paper. The lyrics alone caught my imagination as a kid and still do as an adult, just like the sprites on DC in their still form (thanks, Marrionetta and others!) do. It just seems like more work for the spriters and TJ than necessary, when we ourselves could use our own imaginations in our descriptions or elsewhere, instead.

I don't ever want a separate cave just for shinies. They drop in one cave, or not at all, and it's already hard enough to get them as it is. Do you know how many would be in that biome at any given time if all that dropped were shinies? Probably hundreds. It's.. it would never work, and the spriters are already working their butts off for Halloween, I assume.

edit; also, what you are describing, these 'note pads' -- we already probably have those on computers, and we can make personal notes on our profile. Why would you need more?

Oh no! I didn't mean a separate cave for shiny dragons! And I'm not even really in favor of hoarding shiny treasures either. I was only asking where these hoarding objects might be obtained. The only thing I saw in another cave (or biome) would be that perhaps some of the dragon hunters might be lured there, reducing the numbers of dragon hunters I already have no chance against. But seriously, I like the game as it is.

I don't really like the idea of items. On Wajas, items get so ridiculously rare you're paying more for a wallpaper than you are an actual freaking Waja. I liked DC because there was none of that.

Why make DC like all the other games out there?

This. The way it is is the reason so many of us choose it over others.

This. The way it is is the reason so many of us choose it over others.

Also hasn't TJ said before that this site is not going to become like a pet site? I think adding items like this would make it a pet site.

Please stick to just your opinion. It's rather hard for TJ to judge user-opinion on suggestions when the user opinion is "well, TJ said..." x3

Please stick to just your opinion. It's rather hard for TJ to judge user-opinion on suggestions when the user opinion is "well, TJ said..." x3

I actually stated mine earlier just can't recall what TJ actually said on that. :/

Again I am a definite no on any items being added outside the events like we been having.

I would love to see little collectable items in the cave. Of course they couldn't be worth anything of any kind (currency) and they can't affect dragons in any way. All you would do with them is collect them and possibly trade them.

As for spriters I could see a process that isn't as quite as complex. In fact I would love to sprite a little silver coin (but I probably won't ever).

For where your going to get them you could see something like an extra biome that says "Dragon's Hoard". I'm a bit iffy on if if I want trading if this gets implemented but if it does we could use Magi Dragons or maybe another item.

I also think the items could be stored in a "Hoard Pile" which would be alink clickable on the dragons page or something like that.

That's my opinion but the fast version is: Yes I support this.

Well, TBH... I kinda have to agree with the no on this one. Simply because of the simplicity and ease of DC, we all love it. I wouldn't want it to sort-of turn into a game where you have to pay or be on extra or do XXX things to get potions or whatever for extra benefits. I like it now - how everyone has very equal chance at everything pretty much.

I never really said this straightforward, and this probably isnt the place to do it (sig and profile shall be stalked), but I'd like to give a huge thanks to TJ, the spriters, our mods, and the whole DC community <3 You guys are awesome

I noticed that many are saying that they don't want any items with any ability that could affect the dragon.

HOWEVER:

Have any of you considered have a dragon BSA that allows you to have a chance at finding said items? After all, the chain would go from a dragon, to an item, and back to a dragon. Hence, you can't 'scavenge' for them.

Actually, I had an idea to create an alchemist dragon. Maybe it could have a potion-brewing BSA? It has a chance of brewing a potion successfully (The rest would do nothing or blow up in it's face, which would be pretty funny) that would act like a Breed Specific Action. They could only be used once, but are guaranteed to work. Maybe even a spoil date?

This is just an idea. Down shoot it down instantly, but let me know what you think.

ONLY if it doesn't affect the rest of the game in any way at all. Like Splash. You get a badge but that's it.

I think just mishmashing other people's posts make my thoughts pretty clear :

I am in favour of finding objects, like an easter egg hunt all year. Thus an inventory is needed. But :

If they were to be implemented, I would rather they be a minor thing, not a major change to DC and the way it works. I wouldn't want them to be trade-able lest they become a form of currency

As stated, this game really is all about the dragons, and I don't want that to change.

I'm not actually in favor of usable items that do what makes more sense as a BSA, or is already a BSA. So, no "Incubate" potions or "Influence" potions.

I do hope we don't wind up going a currency route.

At this point, our dragons are our pets, and we sometimes trade the infant pets for others more suitable to us, but always before they grow up and become 'family'.

If we introduce any form of currency, it seems to me highly probable that this'd make a major psychological alteration to the whole site, in that specifically commercial transactions would be introduced, appealing to a type of player different from those enticed by 'saving baby dragons from dying' by adoption.

Personally, I'd SO rather not go there.

So I would rather they be untradeable. Otherwise it would really change the gameplay too much.

Also, I think I would be very picky, I wouldn't want anything tacky in my inventory.

Lastly, nothing that requires staring at your computer screen for hours and wasting lots of time. We have hunting for rares to do that. Picking up items should be a nice aside that happens every now and then, nothing too distracting and game changing.

ONLY if it doesn't affect the rest of the game in any way at all. Like Splash. You get a badge but that's it.

Is this a response to my alchemy idea?