WWECornSerpent

DC Photo Contest #31

Oh Wow! Thank you all so very much for voting for my photo! If I've understood the rules correctly, I get to host the next contest.

The theme for this contest is Play. It can be of people and/or animals, but the photo must show the subjects playing. It might be children on a swing, two old men playing chess, a dog catching a Frisbee, a cat chasing another cat's tail, whatever.

The Rules:

- One entry per person

- Picture has to be made by yourself, and can't be just a reproduction of someone's work. I someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.)

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo, you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

Closing Date: Friday May 6th

Good Luck!

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew

2: Simplicity

3: Summer

4: Wildlife

5: Black & White

6: Food

7: Macro

8: Farewell

9: Light and Shadow

10: Urban

11: In the home

12: Travel Photography

13: Pets

14: Red

15: Coupled Animals

16: Clouds

17: Green

18: Water

19: Scenic views

20: Invertebrates

21: Sunrise/Sunset

22: Purple

23: Out of Context

24: Snow

25: Flowers

26: Mountains

27: Old

28: Birds

29: Inanimate Objects

30: New Life

Edited by WWECornSerpent

Hmmmm.... This one is hard.

I might go with this: Silly Hawkhead

But I'm not sure yet...

Edited by tikigurl91

i dont have many playful pictures, so ill sit this one out. im excited to see other peoples entries, though!

Here's a photo I took a few months ago of my Catahoula Cur puppy while she was playing with her binky:

My puppy

@emetib92: Awh, that's a cutie ^^

I don't think I have any picture that fits this, actually. I hope I'll be able to find something before the deadline.. We'll see

Ooh, hard one...

Lucky for me I'm going to a family garden party today, there's bound to be some people/kids playing there, let's hope I can snap something useful.

Edit: just remembered this pic from a few years ago. I doubt I will top this today, so if I don't post otherwise, this will be my entry: Lotsa Balls

Edited by Fengari

I have a few pics of my cat I haven't uploaded yet, but as soon as they are updated I'm posting them here.

Edit: Can't decide

Swat!

Bad to the bone

Edited by wonton55912

Hey! I have a question. So, you know how some cameras have a "delayed setting", so they can like set the camera down and run to be in the picture? Yeah, if I did that, would that still count as taking the picture?

Hey! I have a question. So, you know how some cameras have a "delayed setting", so they can like set the camera down and run to be in the picture? Yeah, if I did that, would that still count as taking the picture?

Yeah, I think it counts. It's still a photo taken by you.

Hmmmm.... I have to go look through my pictures, I might have something.

I'm going to go with Hyper Dog .

He's my little Shorkie, named Moose. biggrin.gif

btw i don't know why his eyes are green, must've just been a glare with the camera..

Edited by Sandface

So, I could enter a picture of our local sport? You can say it is a game in this case...

It is called Chaise-riding. There is a couple in traditional clothing in a chaise, the man is driving, the woman is holding a lance, and she has to try to catch a very tiny ring that is hanging over the course.

There is also ringriding, same idea, but the rider is sitting on an unsaddled galopping horse. The more rings you get, the smaller the rings are.

I have 2 pics..

Chaise-riding with a Friesian horse

Chaise-riding with a Zeeland horse

So, I could enter a picture of our local sport? You can say it is a game in this case...

It is called Chaise-riding. There is a couple in traditional clothing in a chaise, the man is driving, the woman is holding a lance, and she has to try to catch a very tiny ring that is hanging over the course.

There is also ringriding, same idea, but the rider is sitting on an unsaddled galopping horse. The more rings you get, the smaller the rings are.

I have 2 pics..

Chaise-riding with a Friesian horse

Chaise-riding with a Zeeland horse

I like the first one, great movement in it ^_^

Just again for understanding - there has to be an interaction in the picture?

I can't just post a picture of a chess figure for example?

Nice entries so far! smile.gif I'll have to check for a pic for this.

Lotsa great pictures so far~ I myself am still looking; I don't know whether to use a picture that's better showing someone's face, or the one that's not as good that has no people faces in it.

OK I have to pick one but which one?

My Grandson with sparklers........ http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/Ann...hfirworks-1.jpg

Playing snow angels..... http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/Ann...Saminsnow-1.jpg

Or me playing at Alton Towers laugh.gif...... http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/Ann...scooter-1-1.jpg

Edited by Anniepimm

OK I have to pick one but which one?

My Grandson with sparklers........ http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/Ann...hfirworks-1.jpg

Playing snow angels..... http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/Ann...Saminsnow-1.jpg

Or me playing at Alton Towers laugh.gif...... http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/Ann...scooter-1-1.jpg

That picture of you made my day biggrin.gif I'd go with that one xd.png