TJ09

2011-04-27 - Downtime

TJ, I think you are being extra nice about this.

Just wanted you to know that.

Usually, when a site is down we get an "oh well, that's tough." You giving extensions is an added bonus.

Thank you!

Will the Festival of Eggs extension be the next 15 hours or tomorrow? Because in Germany where I live it's after 9 pm now and I will have to go to bed soon, so the next 15 hours would be bad for me D: And I lost all of my Easter eggs but one because I caught all of them yesterday x) (Bad luck!)

Same problem here, but TJ wrote in the other thread

With the discovery of a few hours of data loss (see this topic), the event will be extended yet again. I will be scheduling this extended period for some time in the future, possibly this weekend

I had 53 eggs and now I have 34. ): Does this mean that we have to look out for the festival eggs again? tongue.gif

Thanks for the update TJ.

I lost a few eggs, but they were misclicks, so no major loss for me. Sorry to those who lost good things though D=.

Thank you, TJ, for the frequent updates on progress and for getting the site back up.

Oh that's pretty bad. I had about twice the Festival eggs I have now and I was so proud about gathering them... But it's good to see the page is up again. smile.gif

That's cool, but it doesn't help my egg that died even with time-additon and the low time egg that vanished from my scroll.

The egg's time ran out hours ago even with the extension.

Its time started 10 days ago, it has received 2.5 days of extensions (1 day from AP, 20 hours from Saturday, 18 hours from today.). Thus, that brings its expected death to 9.5 days after the start (from 7), so it still should've died half a day ago.

Pffft. Oh April, oh you~

Well, time to try to recover that ice egg I bred yesterday. And then there's the minty for the lineage project...

Good luck everyone. x3

The egg's time ran out hours ago even with the extension.

Its time started 10 days ago, it has received 2.5 days of extensions (1 day from AP, 20 hours from Saturday, 18 hours from today.). Thus, that brings its expected death to 9.5 days after the start (from 7), so it still should've died half a day ago.

But I think this is an egg I made a ND try yesterday, but it hatched 10 minutes before it died, so it was a hatchling. Maybe the time somehow turned it back into an egg?

OMG OMG!!!! CAVE IS BACK UP!!!!! YA!!!!!! smile.gif I LOVE YOU TJ!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 hours of hell...YOU SAVED US ALL!!!!! <3333333

My hatching is dead now cause of the time loss, it hatched last night and now its a dead egg =/ anyway I can get it back?

http://dragcave.net/view/FSXd

I'd also like to say I lost a hatchling I got from the AP =/

Edited by thespi

Thanks for restoring the cave. I'm glad there was a back up. I lost a bunch of Easter eggs but at least no eggs, not that anything was rare. biggrin.gif

Thanx for hard work. Just asking - if an egg was bred, and we have code and lineage, is there any chance for it to be restored?

Yesterday I bred a Pink egg from my dragons rQ0b and rvs7, but today the egg is gone, and they didn't yield an egg when I tried again. sad.gif

Sorry, the data was lost, so there's no way to tell what they did before. And with so many people that would have to personally contact TJ about eggs...

I know its just bad timing and all but I'm getting the feeling the cave doesn't like the event xd.png *goes sulk in a corner*

My mom lost a couple of eggs, but she says she can just go cave hunting again. Thanks Tj for bringing the site back and for all your hard work. We do appreciate it.

I didn't loose anything; I'm one of the lucky. My friend missed the Festival of Eggs, so he can gather them. That's the only plus. I'm not saying it's good that the site went down; I feel sympathetic to all who lost eggs/hatchlings do to the downtime.

Dangit >_> The alt nebula hatchling I'd frozen right before it matured defroze and grew up.

Well at least it's just downtime and not me going prematurely senile.

TJ09- You put up with all of our annoyingness. Thanks for that. You are a great admin and I am pleased to say that even after a year on this site I have no qualms at all with how things are run. You do a great job with this site and dealing with us.

I am grateful the cave is back. I lost no data. I didn't lose any Easter eggs either. biggrin.gif

My apologies to those who lost eggs and lineage project hatchlings and such.